/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalamu alaikum

Aryeh Jay
02-27-2017, 02:32 PM
Assalamu alaikum, I am Aryeh from the state of Michigan in the US. I am 46, Jewish, married with three kids and hope to make lots of friends here Inshallah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muqaddas
02-27-2017, 02:41 PM
Welcome. .

ardianto
02-27-2017, 02:44 PM
Wa'alaikum. Greeting brother. Welcome to the forum. I am 49 years old widower with two children, from Indonesia. Glad to know you.

:)

sister herb
02-27-2017, 02:45 PM
Wa alaykumussalam

Welcome to forum.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
02-27-2017, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aryeh Jay
Assalamu alaikum,
עֲלֵיכֶם שָׁלוֹם

[QUOTE=Aryeh Jay;2950939I am Aryeh from the state of Michigan in the US. I am 46, Jewish, married with three kids and hope to make lots of friends here Inshallah.[/QUOTE]

In sha Allah :)

It's nice to have a cousin in faith on board.

God bless,

Scimi

Aryeh Jay
02-27-2017, 03:03 PM
Shukran Jazilan

Aryeh Jay
02-27-2017, 03:06 PM
Shukran Jazilan, Glad to know you too. I visited Java years ago, very beautiful country.

Aryeh Jay
02-27-2017, 03:07 PM
Shukran Jazilan for the welcome.

Aryeh Jay
02-27-2017, 03:08 PM
Shukran Jazilan, it is good to be here.:)

azc
02-27-2017, 04:18 PM
Welcome to islamicboard....

Huzaifah ibn Adam
02-27-2017, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
עֲלֵיכֶם שָׁלוֹם
You know Hebrew? Fluent, or just the basics?

Grandad
02-27-2017, 07:25 PM
Assalamu alaikum, I am Aryeh from the state of Michigan in the US. I am 46, Jewish, married with three kids and hope to make lots of friends here Inshallah.
Wa alaikum assalamu, my friend.

I am now!!!

Very best regards.

Paul.

Aryeh Jay
02-27-2017, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Niblo
Wa alaikum assalamu, my friend.

I am now!!!

Very best regards.

Paul.
Waʿalaykumu s-salām. This place seems a bit friendlier then you know where.

I hope everything is going well with you.

Grandad
02-27-2017, 08:28 PM
Waʿalaykumu s-salām. This place seems a bit friendlier then you know where.

I hope everything is going well with you.
LOL. Looks like it. Still feeling my way around.

Things are fine thanks...keeping busy. How are things with you in sunny/snowy/windy/rainy** Michigan?

** delete as applicable

Grandad
02-27-2017, 08:38 PM
Assalamu alaikum.

I'm Niblo (Paul), a former Catholic from South Wales. Aged 71; married, with three kids and six grandkids. Became a Muslim just over three years ago. Hope to make lots of friends here...have fun...and prove that it is possible for an old dog to learn new tricks, Inshallah.

greenhill
02-27-2017, 09:22 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

sister herb
02-27-2017, 09:26 PM
Salam alaykum

Welcome. Have a nice time here with us.

Aryeh Jay
02-28-2017, 01:19 AM
LOL. Looks like it. Still feeling my way around.

Things are fine thanks...keeping busy. How are things with you in sunny/snowy/windy/rainy** Michigan?

** delete as applicable
Today was sunny but chilly. I am trying to purchase a house to retire in and the process is quite exhausting after working 9 hours.

azc
02-28-2017, 07:02 AM
Assalamu alaikum. I'm Niblo (Paul), a former Catholic from South Wales. Aged 71; married, with three kids and six grandkids. Became a Muslim just over three years ago. Hope to make lots of friends here...have fun...and prove that it is possible for an old dog to learn new tricks, Inshallah.
:wa: bro, you've broken the record of bro Eric H, 67 years, as the eldest member of IB family

azc
02-28-2017, 07:10 AM
Waʿalaykumu s-salām. This place seems a bit friendlier then you know where. I hope everything is going well with you.
yes, all of us are brothers and sisters on the board... Hope you know that Allah swt loves us.... toooooo much and He wants us to be submissive to His commands in accordance with the sunnah of His last messenger Hz Muhammad s.a.w, the brother of Hz Moses a.s., Hz Jesus a.s and all prophets a.s.

sister herb
02-28-2017, 07:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
:wa: bro, you've broken the record of bro Eric H, 67 years, as the eldest member of IB family
Uncle Woodrow is older (76).

Grandad
02-28-2017, 09:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
LOL. The oldest.......but not necessarily the wisest!

Grandad
02-28-2017, 09:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Uncle Woodrow is older (76).
Not the oldest,either, it seems....ah me!!

aaj
02-28-2017, 03:27 PM
wa alaikum as'salaam (and peace be upon you)

welcome to the forum, hope you have a beneficial stay here inshallah

what interested you in joining the forum?

Aryeh Jay
02-28-2017, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
wa alaikum as'salaam (and peace be upon you)

welcome to the forum, hope you have a beneficial stay here inshallah

what interested you in joining the forum?
I want to be able to interact and have conversations with Muslins in a peaceful setting without always being attacked and on the defensive whenever I try to talk to my Muslim Cousins on Christian sites.

Aryeh Jay
02-28-2017, 03:41 PM
Not the oldest,either, it seems....ah me!!
Don’t worry Paul; you are the oldest Welsh Muslim I know, so you are a winner.

ardianto
02-28-2017, 03:46 PM
Shukran Jazilan, Glad to know you too. I visited Java years ago, very beautiful country.
Which area of Java you have visited?.

I live in Bandung, capital of West Java.

Aryeh Jay
02-28-2017, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Which area of Java you have visited?.

I live in Bandung, capital of West Java.
Jakarta mostly and Ujung Kulon National Park. I did not get to see Bandung.

ardianto
02-28-2017, 05:56 PM
Jakarta mostly and Ujung Kulon National Park. I did not get to see Bandung.
Sound like you love nature. I love to walk on nature too. :)

Grandad
02-28-2017, 06:01 PM
Don’t worry Paul; you are the oldest Welsh Muslim I know, so you are a winner.
Ahhh....ta chuck.

So you have to work a nine hour day. Luxury!: 'Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox (where we lived in t'middle of the road) in the middle of the night and lick the road clean with our tongues. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife.'

With apologies to Monty Python. Best of luck with the house hunting.

Aryeh Jay
02-28-2017, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Sound like you love nature. I love to walk on nature too. :)
I do love nature. The Indonesian people were so friendly and helpful and thankfully, their English was better than my Indonesian. Wonderful food also, it was nice to know I could eat anywhere.:)

BarışEkinci
02-28-2017, 09:07 PM
Assalamualaikum! It made me happy to see you here. I hope you will find the ambience which you expected. I am looking forward to your questions and answers.

Aryeh Jay
03-02-2017, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BarışEkinci
Assalamualaikum! It made me happy to see you here. I hope you will find the ambience which you expected. I am looking forward to your questions and answers.
Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

I am happy to be here. I have been busy reading the posts here and increasing my knowledge of Islam so I do not ask improper questions.

Simple_Person
03-02-2017, 05:32 PM
wa-alaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

Brother welcome to the forum.

Beware of the wasp nest around the corner on the lower tree branch as you are new here and not aware of things going around. The bee hive was removed last week after much complaining by the members here, so the wasps saw their opportunity to occupy that tree branch instead. A bit further on the left is the flower garden. Soon the spring will start and you will see more members chilling there. Enjoy the stay :)

Aryeh Jay
03-02-2017, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
wa-alaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

Brother welcome to the forum.

Beware of the wasp nest around the corner on the lower tree branch as you are new here and not aware of things going around. The bee hive was removed last week after much complaining by the members here, so the wasps saw their opportunity to occupy that tree branch instead. A bit further on the left is the flower garden. Soon the spring will start and you will see more members chilling there. Enjoy the stay :)
wa alaykum as-salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Thank you for the welcome Brother.

Bees do sting but they also provide honey whereas the wasps provide none. However, the cold keeps the wasps near their nest and makes them slow to sting. I will be careful Inshallah.

It will be nice when spring finely arrives.

AbdurRahman.
03-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Welcome! :)

Aryeh Jay
03-02-2017, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
Welcome! :)
Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

It is good to be here and I am learning so much more about Islam than listening to President Trump! :o

AbdurRahman.
03-02-2017, 06:02 PM
Wa-Alaikum-Salaam

It is good to be here and I am learning so much more about Islam than listening to President Trump! :o
lolol! Trump will have you believe were all monsters that want to destroy the world! :Emoji46::Emoji46::Emoji46:

Simple_Person
03-02-2017, 06:10 PM
lolol! Trump will have you believe were all monsters that want to destroy the world! :Emoji46::Emoji46::Emoji46:
Well off course Muslims are monster that want to destroy the world. Muslims (practicing ones), want to speak out against corruption and corrupt governments and businesses. That is NOT profitable for a country you see....especially for the ones who are in power. Besides that Muslims (practicing ones) are also bad consumers. They ONLY buy what they need and don't wast their money on useless stuff. So you can off course agree with Trump if Trump is afraid of that. Not to forget Muslims (practicing ones) are bad type of "sheep". They don't role with whole media brainwashing.

Aryeh Jay
03-02-2017, 06:13 PM
I think Trump is going to do more to destroy the world. If Shayṭān had the time, I’m sure Trump would find a place for him in his Cabinet

AbdurRahman.
03-02-2017, 08:14 PM
I think Trump is going to do more to destroy the world. If Shayṭān had the time, I’m sure Trump would find a place for him in his Cabinet
yup he sure would!
that will be one more shatan in addition to the shaytans in human form he's already got in there! :Emoji46:

Aryeh Jay
03-02-2017, 08:23 PM
yup he sure would!
that will be one more shatan in addition to the shaytans in human form he's already got in there! :Emoji46:
I hope that is not the case but it looks like it might be. We will soon find out.

AbdurRahman.
03-02-2017, 08:30 PM
I hope that is not the case but it looks like it might be. We will soon find out.
yeah lets hope! :)

Aryeh Jay
03-02-2017, 08:44 PM
yeah lets hope! :)
It is funny that the ones that call loudest for wars have the least to loose in them. I have grown tired of war; let’s try peace for a few decades.

Aryeh Jay
03-02-2017, 08:47 PM
I know we should pray for a countries leader and as soon as the United States gets one, I will pray for him.

Just kidding.

Aryeh Jay
03-02-2017, 08:49 PM
I have always wanted to visit Syria, just not the way President Trump wants to send me.

OK, this is enough jokes because this is not a funny thing.

Simple_Person
03-03-2017, 06:18 AM
It is funny that the ones that call loudest for wars have the least to loose in them. I have grown tired of war; let’s try peace for a few decades.
To have peace, one must first find the cause for war. As often, especially in the Middle East Zionism is the root cause of war. While for example back before the creation of Israel (before 1948), you hear that Jewish and Muslims were living peacefully side by side with mutual respect as Zionism did not exist among people. Do remember, there is Zionism and there is Judaism..these two are different things and none has to do with the other. Like a American Patriot and a American Christian so to say.

Anyways besides that is the corrupt US governments. Many gain a lot if the war factory is running. Just look at the whole corrupt Clinton foundation. These people who come to power will sell their soul to the highest bidder and nobody will prosecute them. This is now exactly the same with Trump. By majority large corporations are in the hands of Zionists. So after his time in the White House he would face bad business deals if he did not do what was in the interest of the Zionists. That is why that he is now also a bit searching for war with Iran.

All these people, nobody pursues the interests of the American people. If the amount of money spend on "defense" (rather offense i would say) American would be one of the most developed countries in the world. Far more developed than what it is right now. While you now a days seriously see poverty and roads not been fixed for decades. I have little trust that Trump will make American great again.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.