/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can I do something ....so that Allah will forgive her sins...?

Mrciful_Servant
03-26-2017, 06:42 AM
A few years ago when I was a kid......my cousin attempted suicide ....so is there anything I can do for her....to help her...and that Allah will forgive her sins.....and all my family will do it for her....[emoji15][emoji4]May Allah forgive her and all of us....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdurRahman.
03-26-2017, 09:59 AM
MaashALlah it's great to see you lot care so much! :)

but there is nothing you need to do; your cousin just needs to repent and since it was years ago, she's probably done that already!

ShazadNL
03-26-2017, 11:28 AM
Guide her and encourage her to seek forgiveness, but also try to help her throgh any problems maybe she still has- although u said that was years ago

SoldierAmatUllah
03-26-2017, 12:58 PM
I have done this numerous times but Alhamdull'ILLAH, always miraculously waking up & OK!

Not due to depair but due to fear of sins !

But now I don't wanna die so soon-Want to see good things in my life as promised by ALLAH Ta'ala since years!

Keep me in Duas, please

P.S:I panicked today with a dream that my dad told me today ,so I have recovered Alhamdull'ILLAH... It was somewhat good but I thought I'm going to die!

No-I am waiting for great events in my individual life&Ummah's oppressed pious Muslims!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mrciful_Servant
03-28-2017, 04:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AmatulWudud
I have done this numerous times but Alhamdull'ILLAH, always miraculously waking up & OK!

Not due to depair but due to fear of sins !

But now I don't wanna die so soon-Want to see good things in my life as promised by ALLAH Ta'ala since years!

Keep me in Duas, please

P.S:I panicked today with a dream that my dad told me today ,so I have recovered Alhamdull'ILLAH... It was somewhat good but I thought I'm going to die!

No-I am waiting for great events in my individual life&Ummah's oppressed pious Muslims!
I always ..remember every Muslim in my prayer....I will do for sure ....

Mrciful_Servant
03-28-2017, 04:44 AM
Sorry brothers and sisters ..she attempted suicide and killed herself she is not here anymore....[emoji22]

YahyaAE
03-28-2017, 05:11 AM
Understand that only Allah fully understands the troubled state of mind she must have been in when she took her life, so when it comes to judging her, only He can, and remember that He is the most Merciful.

Yes, it is one of the major sins, major sins, but He understands why she did it, and He is not going to be unjust with her. So just make dua for her.

Mrciful_Servant
03-28-2017, 05:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yahya2k
Understand that only Allah fully understands the troubled state of mind she must have been in when she took her life, so when it comes to judging her, only He can, and remember that He is the most Merciful.

Yes, it is one of the major sins, major sins, but He understands why she did it, and He is not going to be unjust with her. So just make dua for her.
Ok...I do ...jazakallah khirun..brother ....

Bobbyflay23
03-28-2017, 08:03 AM
Well I'm pretty sure you can take 10 people with you to heaven if you make it to jannah even if they are kaffar (so I've heard from my family) so if she was a Muslim and all Muslims eventually go to heaven then If you make her one of the people to take with you to jannah then I'd assume that she wouldn't have a sentence in hell fire soooo yea all you gotta do is make it to jannah and inshallah you can take her with you

Mrciful_Servant
03-28-2017, 08:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Well I'm pretty sure you can take 10 people with you to heaven if you make it to jannah even if they are kaffar (so I've heard from my family) so if she was a Muslim and all Muslims eventually go to heaven then If you make her one of the people to take with you to jannah then I'd assume that she wouldn't have a sentence in hell fire soooo yea all you gotta do is make it to jannah and inshallah you can take her with you
Inshallah ...may Allah show me he right path and give me good character and may grant me Janna so that I can take her with myself ...as she haven't spent her life in dunya a happy one so that she can be happy in the hereafter
...[emoji846]thank you ...may Allah help you the way you freed me from a big stress...I was always ....sad because of her..be abuse I would think what if she is going to go to hell....and I cannot do anything about it.....

Bobbyflay23
03-28-2017, 08:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mrciful_Servant
Inshallah ...may Allah show me he right path and give me good character and may grant me Janna so that I can take her with myself ...as she haven't spent her life in dunya a happy one so that she can be happy in the hereafter
...[emoji846]thank you ...may Allah help you the way you freed me from a big stress...I was always ....sad because of her..be abuse I would think what if she is going to go to hell....and I cannot do anything about it.....
It couldn't hurt to make dua on lal qadir too tho because they say on that night your dua will get answered the nights of lal qadir are 27th and 21st and 23rd and the 25th of Ramadan if you make dua at night for every one of those nights on Ramadan that your friend will for sure go to jannah

Mrciful_Servant
03-28-2017, 08:36 AM
I will ...for sure...do ....because this Ramadan ...I make good use of it to remove all of my sins and hers ....and every other Muslim ....

Mrciful_Servant
03-28-2017, 08:37 AM
Inshallah....[emoji7]

Bobbyflay23
03-28-2017, 08:41 AM
Inshallah

Scimitar
03-28-2017, 12:48 PM
Sorry brothers and sisters ..she attempted suicide and killed herself she is not here anymore....[emoji22]
If she was mentally unstable/unwell and committed suicide in that state, have some hope :) Allah is forever merciful. He does not wrong anyone.

Scimi

Bobbyflay23
03-28-2017, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
If she was mentally unstable/unwell and committed suicide in that state, have some hope :) Allah is forever merciful. He does not wrong anyone.

Scimi
What does scimi mean it's at the end of like all your posts and a few of other people's posts

Scimitar
03-28-2017, 01:14 PM
What does scimi mean it's at the end of like all your posts and a few of other people's posts
It's just short for Scimitar - my username.

Scimi

Bobbyflay23
03-28-2017, 01:15 PM
Ooohhhhh

SoldierAmatUllah
03-28-2017, 01:32 PM
I will ...for sure...do ....because this Ramadan ...I make good use of it to remove all of my sins and hers ....and every other Muslim ....
Also for me sister!

Much Duas & I have been through major calamities & wanting a peaceful life because I fear to commit suicide again!

Everyday, worries,fears&anxiety about future .....

I'm going to relax & let things get better ......InshaAllah

May ALLAH Ta'ala forgive your sister&ts indeed very sad,heart breaking........can relate to it so much .

Mrciful_Servant
03-28-2017, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar

Scimi
No ..she was absolutely fine...she just had some personal problems and just because of that ..she did it ..may Allah forgive her...[emoji17]

Scimitar
03-28-2017, 05:18 PM
in sha Allah

Scimi

ZeeshanParvez
03-28-2017, 05:33 PM
That is not true.

aaj
03-28-2017, 05:53 PM
A few years ago when I was a kid......my cousin attempted suicide ....so is there anything I can do for her....to help her...and that Allah will forgive her sins.....and all my family will do it for her....[emoji15][emoji4]May Allah forgive her and all of us....
Suicide is a major sin and a bad end. The one who kills himself in order to escape calamities or poverty or the results of distress or anger has, by doing that, exposed himself to the punishment of Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“… And do not kill yourselves (nor kill one another). Surely, Allaah is Most Merciful to you.

And whoever commits that through aggression and injustice, We shall cast him into the Fire, and that is easy for Allaah” [al-Nisa’ 4:29]

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever kills himself with a piece of iron, that iron will be in his hand and he will be stabbing himself in the stomach with it in Hell for ever and ever. Whoever kills himself with poison, that poison will be in his hand and he will be drinking it in Hell…”

If the suicide stemmed from ignorance and the person was righteous and obeyed Allaah, and prayed regularly, then there is the hope that Allaah may forgive them, otherwise they may be subject to Allah's punishment per the hadith and ayah above. But, unlike the kuffar, they will not abide in it forever, even if He punishes them He will eventually bring them forth from the Fire, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, Allaah forgives not that partners should be set up with Him (in worship), but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He wills”[al-Nisa’ 4:48]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Everyone who says Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah (there is no god except Allaah) and has an atom’s-weight of faith in his heart will be brought forth from the Fire.”

https://islamqa.info/en/22407

What you can do is continue to make dua for her forgiveness. That's probably the biggest thing you could do for her.

Bobbyflay23
03-28-2017, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
That is not true.
Oh well my family told me that either way she could just make dua on lal qadir and the more dua she makes for her the more good deeds she gets and if she was a a faithful muslim it's possible her good deeds would out weigh her sucicide deed

ZeeshanParvez
03-29-2017, 12:55 AM
Oh well my family told me that either way she could just make dua on lal qadir and the more dua she makes for her the more good deeds she gets and if she was a a faithful muslim it's possible her good deeds would out weigh her sucicide deed
I was referring to the following in particular

Well I'm pretty sure you can take 10 people with you to heaven if you make it to jannah even if they are kaffar
Kaafirs cannot enter Paradise. If a person dies a Kaafir, after having heard the message of Islaam, Paradise is forbidden for him/her.

He can never enter it.

Mrciful_Servant
03-29-2017, 04:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
I was referring to the following in particular

Kaafirs cannot enter Paradise. If a person dies a Kaafir, after having heard the message of Islaam, Paradise is forbidden for him/her.

He can never enter it.
So ..do. You mean you can take 10 Muslims with yourself but not kaafir.....

ZeeshanParvez
03-29-2017, 03:20 PM
So ..do. You mean you can take 10 Muslims with yourself but not kaafir.....
There is a fabricated hadith. It says that the memorizer [hafiz] of the Qur'aan gets to take 10 Muslims to Paradise.

It is fabricated. A fabricated hadith cannot be used for evidence.

So, no you cannot.

ZeeshanParvez
03-29-2017, 03:30 PM
Committing suicide is a major sin. Allaah may forgive such a person and He may not.

The ahl al-Sunnah agree on one thing. The one who commits suicide will not remain in Hell forever.

This is if he/she died a Muslim. All Muslims will be taken out of Hell, eventually.

According to the ahl al-Sunnah, the same holds for the person who commits suicide.

MuslimInshallah
03-29-2017, 10:52 PM
Assalaamu alaikum Merciful,

(gently) I found this short (10 minutes) video. I hope it may help you understand the Islamic position.

http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2017/...e-islam-video/

As the sheikh states, we don't know your cousin's state of mind when she committed suicide. Only God Knows this. Furthermore, questions of Judgment are purely Allah's. (gently) It is a goodness on your part that you care for her. But what will happen with her... is out of your hands, and in the Hands of the Compassionate and the Merciful. Trust in Him. Whatever He Does is what is best. (gently) You can pray to Allah for forgiveness for her. And perhaps you can do good in her memory. Or perhaps you can use any insights you gain to help another person on the edge one day... (gently) But don't torture yourself. Love your cousin... and trust in God.

May Allah, the Generous, the Kind, Bless you, my dear.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.