/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Women's choice on wearing hijab

Ahmed67
03-31-2017, 06:15 AM
Should women have the choice to wear a veil?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Brother_40805
03-31-2017, 03:52 PM
Despite not being not being an expert or answering this question as detailed as others in this forum. I for one want to know why many females fail to realize that the way male and female see each other is completely different.

Some Muslim woman believe although the principles of modesty are clearly outlined in the Qu'ran, they perceive the wearing of headscarf as a cultural interpretation of scriptures.

Others where the full covering in order to fulfill God's commandment for modesty. It all depends on your personal devotion to god honestly.

It is more of a gift from Allah if you ask me without which I would feel the purity of woman would be severely damaged due to how Allah has designed woman.

This notion of belief of some Muslim woman that the hijab and other external practices have become inappropriately central to the practice of Islam and instead give emphasis solely to focusing on their internal and spiritual relationship with god is completely ludicrous.

I will let others have a say to myself time to collect more ideas on this matter...

Simple_Person
03-31-2017, 04:44 PM
I see often that hijab is only interpreted as some clothing over their head. To my understanding there is no compromise in Islam about hijab. Hijab for women in this case, veil over her head, covering of the shapes of her body and her behavior. So even if she by clothing description goes 100% Islamic, but is staring at men and giving men attention, then still this is not hijab what is in Islam described.

So far i have understood is the hijab is a protection for her and a mercy towards some category men. If some man is not able to lower his gaze because of low imaan or some sort and he looks..there is nothing to see as her body is covered but if she gives wrong signs by giving him attention or staring at him..well all this hijab is also not really doing the protection as the woman is longing for the wrong thing. If she is not covered in Islamic sense and that man cannot only lower his gaze, but also have self control and this results in to a sexual assault. Well who is to be blamed? Women off course always blame the man and man always blame the woman. However both are guilty one could say. The covering (hijab in general) is the protection for her from those hyana's. There are also those other dogs which are even worse. They will sexually assault a woman if she is covered or not covered and if she doesn't even give wrong signals by staring at the man. Also about that Islam has a male guardian for the protection of a woman.

By Islamic rulings so far, hijab and covering in general is MANDATORY. Off course we are human beings and have free will you can go kill a person if you want to, but that doesn't mean that Islam approves such action. Do what you like, but if it goes wrong, don't come crying. I am a man and i know what goes around in the minds of men.

noraina
03-31-2017, 05:40 PM
Hijab is a commandment of Allah swt. The problem is that many people regard it as a 'choice'. I don't believe in forcing a woman to wear the hijab, as she'll hate it rather than appreciate it for what it is, but we should educated our sisters that the hijab is mandated for us and more importantly *why* that is so.

I was a born Muslim, but I had no idea the hijab was fardh until I decided to look it up myself. I wasn't not wearing it out of defiance or deliberate disobedience, I genuinely didn't know.

We need more education given on this, and not just by writing down bullet points of how sinful an uncovered woman is or how she'll be punished, but by explaining how Islam protects and honours women.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
03-31-2017, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed67
no, niqab/hijab is essential to wear

Umm♥Layth
03-31-2017, 07:07 PM
MANY things are mandated by Allah, not just the hijab for women. Every Muslim makes a choice to either obey or disobey and some are ignorant. So there is actually a choice and no person can force another to obey Allah. Each individual has to mature and wise up (is that even a proper term? lol) in their due time. Allah guides who he wills.

So although hijab is not optional, a person can choose to disobey.

There is also alot of emphasis on the headscarf as the hijab. Not long ago we had a sister pose for playboy in her hijab wearing a deep red lipstick with her legs not closed... let's not forget that. This is so called empowerment of the hijab :facepalm: and there were TONS of Muslim women who supported this! They didn't stop to think about the big picture, just about the scarf itself.

There are many women who are not even Muslim ( Amish, Pentecostals and Mennonites) who dress modestly as to not show their figure and they don't mix with men. So really, it is about how people are raised and THAT is where the focus should be. In the homes of Muslims. Men are suppose to be in charge of who comes in their home and this isn't just people, but also influences.

Men allow their women to roam facebook without any sort of say in the matter (usually they are too busy doing it themselves!), they allow soap operas in the house, they allow their wives and daughters to be friends with bad influences. They have no backbone and say nothing if their wives and daughters leave their home with inappropriate clothing... or they address them in a harsh manner to where they are oppressive. No balance.

It is a big responsibility and our men are failing in this department (sorry brothers). So, I say focus on yourself as a man and a leader (or future leader) of your home. Focus on what you can do to be the change and not on what others should or should not be doing.

My dad has always commented on my attire (I'm a convert by the way). I had the internet cut off many times as a teen, I got my car taken away permanently... the list goes on lol. ALHAMDULLILAH for a father who cared.

Scimitar
03-31-2017, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm♥Layth
Every Muslim makes a choice to either obey or disobey and some are ignorant.
This ^

Scimi

Supernova
03-31-2017, 10:26 PM
Asalaamualaykum

Even most denominations of Christianity denote "Mother Mary" observing hijab

and come on sisters....

Even Smurfett is making an effort

attachmentphp?attachmentid6092&ampstc1 -

talibilm
04-01-2017, 01:15 AM
:sl:

Sorry to be blunt here.

For a Muslima - A believer there is NO CHOICE at all since submitting to Allah's rule is the only Choice .

For a Non Muslima sky is the limit.

format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
I see often that hijab is only interpreted as some clothing over their head. To my understanding there is no compromise in Islam about hijab. Hijab for women in this case, veil over her head, covering of the shapes of her body and her behavior. So even if she by clothing description goes 100% Islamic, but is staring at men and giving men attention, then still this is not hijab what is in Islam described.

This is senseful too since some muslima are in so called hijab but My wife comments (not me) the main parts which are to be covered remains - appears the same as a Non muslim western freaky girl.

Simple_Person
04-01-2017, 03:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm
:sl:

Sorry to be blunt here.

For a Muslima - A believer there is NO CHOICE at all since submitting to Allah's rule is the only Choice .

For a Non Muslima sky is the limit.

This is senseful too since some muslima are in so called hijab but My wife comments (not me) the main parts which are to be covered remains - appears the same as a Non muslim western freaky girl.
Uncle, there is choice even for somebody who says he/she is a believer. By not obeying you are disobeying. So the choice to not wear it even though it is mandatory you are free in it. I know it sounds kind of strange what I am saying but there is always choice in Islam even doing Zina for example. Islam clearly says a good believer does not even go near zina but not pursuing this road is showing that you do not want to pursue as a good believer. If somebody says I want to 100% commit to being a good believer this free wil is taken a way. So in other words a dedicated Muslim has no free will when it comes to religious duties.

So what have I done here is split a Muslim in a Muslim and a dedicated Muslim. As in Islam we also have different level of Muslims. A dedicated Muslim will pursue only the path of good and his/her choice as free will is taken away from her/him. This is we could say that differentiates us from angels becoming better than angels. We hear and we surrender our will and NOT we hear and we obey. Angels hear and obey we humans hear and surrender OUR will.

Could you please elaborate that other part a bit more as I fail in understanding it.

Simple_Person
04-01-2017, 03:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm♥Layth
MANY things are mandated by Allah, not just the hijab for women. Every Muslim makes a choice to either obey or disobey and some are ignorant. So there is actually a choice and no person can force another to obey Allah. Each individual has to mature and wise up (is that even a proper term? lol) in their due time. Allah guides who he wills.

So although hijab is not optional, a person can choose to disobey.

There is also alot of emphasis on the headscarf as the hijab. Not long ago we had a sister pose for playboy in her hijab wearing a deep red lipstick with her legs not closed... let's not forget that. This is so called empowerment of the hijab :facepalm: and there were TONS of Muslim women who supported this! They didn't stop to think about the big picture, just about the scarf itself.

There are many women who are not even Muslim ( Amish, Pentecostals and Mennonites) who dress modestly as to not show their figure and they don't mix with men. So really, it is about how people are raised and THAT is where the focus should be. In the homes of Muslims. Men are suppose to be in charge of who comes in their home and this isn't just people, but also influences.

Men allow their women to roam facebook without any sort of say in the matter (usually they are too busy doing it themselves!), they allow soap operas in the house, they allow their wives and daughters to be friends with bad influences. They have no backbone and say nothing if their wives and daughters leave their home with inappropriate clothing... or they address them in a harsh manner to where they are oppressive. No balance.

It is a big responsibility and our men are failing in this department (sorry brothers). So, I say focus on yourself as a man and a leader (or future leader) of your home. Focus on what you can do to be the change and not on what others should or should not be doing.

My dad has always commented on my attire (I'm a convert by the way). I had the internet cut off many times as a teen, I got my car taken away permanently... the list goes on lol. ALHAMDULLILAH for a father who cared.
JazakAllah khairan, very insightful indeed some of the statements you made.

talibilm
04-01-2017, 02:18 PM
Uncle, there is choice even for somebody who says he/she is a believer. By not obeying you are disobeying. So the choice to not wear it even though it is mandatory you are free in it. I know it sounds kind of strange what I am saying but there is always choice in Islam even doing Zina for example. Islam clearly says a good believer does not even go near zina but not pursuing this road is showing that you do not want to pursue as a good believer. If somebody says I want to 100% commit to being a good believer this free wil is taken a way. So in other words a dedicated Muslim has no free will when it comes to religious duties.

So what have I done here is split a Muslim in a Muslim and a dedicated Muslim. As in Islam we also have different level of Muslims. A dedicated Muslim will pursue only the path of good and his/her choice as free will is taken away from her/him. This is we could say that differentiates us from angels becoming better than angels. We hear and we surrender our will and NOT we hear and we obey. Angels hear and obey we humans hear and surrender OUR will.

Could you please elaborate that other part a bit more as I fail in understanding it.
You are wording it differently . Once you call a Muslim or a Muslima ( who submits his or her's will to Allah ) that's what is expected of him or her. If we do not submit our will to Allah we are improper muslim. If a Muslim leave a Fard prayer voluntarily they are in at the door of kufar. All commandments of Allah (fards, harams)when a Muslim refuses to do (voluntarily) he is in the state of Kufr ie Rejection (not a total kafir) at that time ,spot. This may not be applicable rejection of Allah's commandments by fear by force etc they are not that sinful. imo

Like in the matter of intoxication When Allah says to avoid IMPLIES its Haram and Similarly when Allah says muslimas to cover up their bossoms it becomes fard and leaving it in front of ghair magram becomes haram.

The other part is from my wife is that the purpose of Hijab is lost when a Muslima wears a scarf that does not cover her bossoms completely (half covered) which is also in tight fits and so is the undergarments with tight jeans and so on . hope you will not ask me to elaborate on this

praisetoallah
04-12-2017, 05:08 PM
I feel it wearing full hijab is a personal choice . Yes women and men should dress modestly. But women should only don the head scarf when they are ready to be that much closer to Allah

Umm♥Layth
04-12-2017, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by praisetoallah
I feel it wearing full hijab is a personal choice . Yes women and men should dress modestly. But women should only don the head scarf when they are ready to be that much closer to Allah
That's a catch 22. What if not wearing it is what is keeping her that much further from Allah?

Abdullah910
04-12-2017, 07:33 PM
There must be no free choice.

A wife has to obey her husband.

Umm♥Layth
04-12-2017, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah910

^o) well, you are in for a rude awakening.

*charisma*
04-12-2017, 09:16 PM

You must be single. ^o)

Allah gave us free choice, who are you to say there isn't any?

A man should marry someone who covers up in the first place. If he's marrying a woman to force her to do things and to control her, then he must be lacking in his masculinity and therefore using a woman to feel all powerful and great. Welp..good luck with that type of mentality! :D

Abdullah910
04-12-2017, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
You must be single. ^o)

Allah gave us free choice, who are you to say there isn't any?

A man should marry someone who covers up in the first place. If he's marrying a woman to force her to do things and to control her, then he must be lacking in his masculinity and therefore using a woman to feel all powerful and great. Welp..good luck with that type of mentality! :D
Freedom of choice is not from Islam.

Islam teaches that a wife has to obey her husband.

*charisma*
04-12-2017, 10:44 PM
Freedom of choice is not from Islam.

Islam teaches that a wife has to obey her husband.
It is.
And sure, it teaches. It doesn't force. If we are to be forced to do things, then there's no point in having a religion as we'd be doing whatever Allah would be forcing us to do. In the Quran it states we make our own choices. We choose to believe or disbelieve. But we there are implications to those choices in the afterlife.

Abdullah910
04-12-2017, 10:57 PM
It is.
And sure, it teaches. It doesn't force. If we are to be forced to do things, then there's no point in having a religion as we'd be doing whatever Allah would be forcing us to do. In the Quran it states we make our own choices. We choose to believe or disbelieve. But we there are implications to those choices in the afterlife.
So if I tell my wife to wear Burqa or not to go out of house without my permission you think she has a right to disobey me?

LOL, where do you take your knowledge from??

*charisma*
04-12-2017, 11:13 PM
So if I tell my wife to wear Burqa or not to go out of house without my permission you think she has a right to disobey me?

LOL, where do you take your knowledge from??
LOL where do you get yours?

She has a choice to listen to you or not. Doesn't mean she will be right for not doing it, depending on the circumstances.

What are you going to do if she doesn't obey you though?

Abdullah910
04-12-2017, 11:19 PM
LOL where do you get yours?

She has a choice to listen to you or not. Doesn't mean she will be right for not doing it, depending on the circumstances.

What are you going to do if she doesn't obey you though?
Firstly I would never marry such a shameless woman, but if I do and if she disobeys me than I would hit her but wouldnt be too harsh.

*charisma*
04-12-2017, 11:23 PM
Firstly I would never marry such a shameless wife, but if I do and if she disobeys me than I would hit her but wouldnt be too harsh.
Oh ok. But she still doesn't want to wear it, then what?

Abdullah910
04-12-2017, 11:29 PM
Oh ok. But she still doesn't want to wear it, then what?
Divorce her? Why would I ever marry a woman who does not cover herself??

Logic?

*charisma*
04-12-2017, 11:32 PM
Oh, I thought you would force her to wear it?

AbdurRahman.
04-12-2017, 11:49 PM
in the West they can have the choice, based on whether it is safe to wear it or not! :)

AbdurRahman.
04-13-2017, 12:10 AM
Divorce her? Why would I ever marry a woman who does not cover herself??

Logic?
Brother, the most important thing about Islamic worship is to make our hearts good; full of mercy, tolerance and love

Islam is about goodness; mercy love patience, etc etc, hitting her and forcing her to wear niqab and divorcing her, blimey you see how an Islamaphobe can use this in the media to say these muslims are really like isis in terms of harshnesss?

fine you dont want to marry a non-hijabi/niqabi but in the circumstance where you did/do, then above qualities is the way to go about it and not harshness bro; it maybe she is better than you at heart!, so the 'shameless' girl might end up going to jananh and visa versa, this is why tolerance is the best way! :); yes advice her, but be patient!

mraamohamed
04-23-2017, 12:56 AM
As-salamu alaykum (السلام عليكم)
OK so then in this matter when do you think a woman should be ready, when they are married, or when they are a teen or what ?

Simple_Person
04-23-2017, 02:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mraamohamed
As-salamu alaykum (السلام عليكم)
OK so then in this matter when do you think a woman should be ready, when they are married, or when they are a teen or what ?
Logically speaking marriage is ompletion of the deen. In other words wearing hijab as clothing and also in behavior is the 50% of the deen that is within the marriage. To give a better understanding. When looking for a sister to marry one of the criteria for me is looking and testing her hijab level. What so I mean with this? How much does she even understand or even love the hijab?. Let's say I marry a sister she begins to wear it because I wanted it not because she her self wants it. After 1-2 months she gets pregnant and on the 3rd month I die. How will my child be brought up? Will my wife teach my child the Islamic principles INCLUDING hijab aspects if it happened to be a daughter?

So rather this should be part for the sister and brothers as well to work on their half of the deen before marrying. The moment you marry Allah gives you the second half of the deen and your spouse will love you more because of your love for the deen. Of course people can say and have of opinion to wear it after marriage so to say, but to me this shows they do not want to go the extra mile for the sake of Allah rather it looks like the want to wear it for the sake of their husbands. This however shows kind of ingenuines right? But that is my opinion to how much I have pondered about it.

Do keep in mind that the hijab for the brothers is equally if not more important than of the sisters why?. Because Allah doesn't say for the "beievers to have hijab (man & women) rather Allah first talks about the men then after that He talks about women. So it looks more like it for the men to fix their hijab of more importance than to look at women and say this or that. Although that doesn't take away the sister I want to marry should as equally take the same matter as serious.

azc
04-23-2017, 03:59 AM
In our times, we have reduced hijab to a headscarf that serves as a badge of one’s Muslim identity, and have removed it from a larger understanding ofhaya’and how this beautiful quality should cultivate our behavior in the public sphere and in our relationships with others. The trend of hijab/hijabi fashion in particular has, in many ways, effectively divorcedhaya’from hijab. The hijabi fashion trend has also taken no strides to changing spiritually unhealthy cultural norms, or to recasting definitions of beauty and a woman’s worth. Instead, in many cases, it has simply put a headscarf on mainstream fashion with all of its failings, including an extremely narrow and exploitative view of beauty and sexuality....... http://www.ilmgate.org/more-than-a-h...lost-its-soul/

Insaanah
04-23-2017, 10:23 AM
:salam:

Nowadays, some Muslims feel very apologetic about Islam, and feel that it must appear to conform with "freedom of choice". Yet, if we think about it, why? In other aspects of life, for everyone globally, there is no choice, and that is not viewed even remotely as a problem. Eg in many schools across the globe, there is a uniform. You are admitted to that school, but have to agree to follow the rules on uniform. This often covers the colour and exact style etc. You can't go to that school but then demand you want to exercise your freedom of choice on uniform and wear red instead of blue. Neither can you say you want to absorb some of the ethos of the school first and that only when you feel you are properly ready will you then wear the uniform. Neither can you say you are being forced to wear the uniform against your will, when it was clearly part of the rules to attend that school. Granted, hijab is not just a uniform but a whole lot more deeper and protective than that. If you are a Muslim, then certain things are mandated on you, and for women, hijab is one of them. Certain things in Islam are a choice, eg you have the choice as to whether to pray tahajjud or not. Hijab is not one of those things about which there is a choice as to whether you do it or not.

Serinity
04-23-2017, 10:42 AM

It is an obligation - but it is a choice to follow the commandment of Allah. If she doesn't, she only does it against her own self, if she obeys, she does it only for the benefit of her own self.

Allahu alam.

Simple_Person
04-23-2017, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

It is an obligation - but it is a choice to follow the commandment of Allah. If she doesn't, she only does it against her own self, if she obeys, she does it only for the benefit of her own self.

Allahu alam.
I must correct you little bit, not only against her ownself, but also creating disturbance in society. Reality is what it is that not all men are able to lower their gaze as each and every brother is on a different level in their life about the controlling of one's gaze. So the ones that aren't able yet, this covering is protection for the sister as well as protection for the brother as further action (rape for example) is prevented as there is nothing to see even if he looks. Yes for the sisters that speak of outrage about some men STILL harassing females ..covered or not covered and Islam has also thought about that..male mahram being with her as her guarding. So whatever you (people in general) try to debunk Islam being "backward" i have found NO logical, rational, reasonable and ROBUST way of life than the Islamic way of life.

Serinity
04-23-2017, 11:54 AM
I must correct you little bit, not only against her ownself, but also creating disturbance in society. Reality is what it is that not all men are able to lower their gaze as each and every brother is on a different level in their life about the controlling of one's gaze. So the ones that aren't able yet, this covering is protection for the sister as well as protection for the brother as further action (rape for example) is prevented as there is nothing to see even if he looks. Yes for the sisters that speak of outrage about some men STILL harassing females ..covered or not covered and Islam has also thought about that..male mahram being with her as her guarding. So whatever you (people in general) try to debunk Islam being "backward" i have found NO logical, rational, reasonable and ROBUST way of life than the Islamic way of life.
JazakAllah khayr. I forgot that. Yeah, it is not only against her ownself, but she spreads / supports corruption.

I mixed the obligation of prayer, etc. Since not praying only harms oneself. As for things like not covering, might harm society / make it harder to stay away from Zina. And Allah :swt: knows best. May Allah :swt: forgive us and guide us. Ameen.

cinnamonrolls1
05-19-2017, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
no, niqab/hijab is essential to wear
Niqab is not mandatory. Just so we clear that up.

Serinity
05-19-2017, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Niqab is not mandatory. Just so we clear that up.
While you are right, it depends on the Madhab, afaik.

Allahu alam.

cinnamonrolls1
I do believe hijab is an obligation for women-that being said both and MEN and women should act/dress modestly. So muslim men who go on about muslim women posting selfies on social media yet post shirtless pics of themselves, what are yall playing at?
However Hijab should be forced,I only recently started wearing hijab due to my own choice.

cinnamonrolls1
Men should be covering up the awrah too

cinnamonrolls1
05-19-2017, 01:11 PM
* hijab should not be forced

cinnamonrolls1
05-19-2017, 01:11 PM
While you are right, it depends on the Madhab, afaik.

Allahu alam.
Hmm, yeah. what madhab do ya follow?

Serinity
05-19-2017, 01:54 PM
Hmm, yeah. what madhab do ya follow?
My family follows the Hanafi madhab, so Hanafi.

cinnamonrolls1
05-19-2017, 01:55 PM
ahh okay, cool :)

Simple_Person
05-19-2017, 04:26 PM
This issue is also very odd to me to be honest. When i reverted back to Islam and learned the prayer, i just went with the finger thing (forgot what it is called), later on it turned out to be how shafi madhab ..in other words it just happened Kurds are by majority follow shafi madhab. However, i do not follow specific madhab. I listen to what each madhab says and gives their argument and follow so to say what makes most sense to me. One cannot say, well i follow madhab x 100% even though i might disagree or..my heart and mind disagree with certain practices. NEVER do such a thing. All madhabs are legit and one follow of madhab x cannot say madhab y is wrong, however if they all are legit, how come some people only follow habits that only are practiced in madhab x and not pick some of madhab x and some of madhab y what your heart and mind may agree.

cinnamonrolls1
05-19-2017, 05:08 PM
This issue is also very odd to me to be honest. When i reverted back to Islam and learned the prayer, i just went with the finger thing (forgot what it is called), later on it turned out to be how shafi madhab ..in other words it just happened Kurds are by majority follow shafi madhab. However, i do not follow specific madhab. I listen to what each madhab says and gives their argument and follow so to say what makes most sense to me. One cannot say, well i follow madhab x 100% even though i might disagree or..my heart and mind disagree with certain practices. NEVER do such a thing. All madhabs are legit and one follow of madhab x cannot say madhab y is wrong, however if they all are legit, how come some people only follow habits that only are practiced in madhab x and not pick some of madhab x and some of madhab y what your heart and mind may agree.
same here tbh-i just follow whats right

Simple_Person
05-19-2017, 06:18 PM
same here tbh-i just follow whats right
The finger thing, hanafi followers move the finger constantly, i find it rather distracting if i would do it myself, as your attention also has to be on your finger and control of your finger and the pace of how fast you have to move it, i only raise the finger when saying the shahada and put it down again after spoken the shahada. The rest of my body is all calm and relaxed only my mouth is open saying things and my attention is on the rest of the prayer. This makes for me more sense, than also controlling some part of the body. Some people raise their finger the whole time, but also with this ..attention needs to be given to the finger to keep it raised and there is tension on the finger which also for me personally could rather distract me and prevent me from relaxing my whole body in other words tasting the calmness of the prayer.

Serinity
05-19-2017, 06:48 PM
The finger thing, hanafi followers move the finger constantly, i find it rather distracting if i would do it myself, as your attention also has to be on your finger and control of your finger and the pace of how fast you have to move it, i only raise the finger when saying the shahada and put it down again after spoken the shahada. The rest of my body is all calm and relaxed only my mouth is open saying things and my attention is on the rest of the prayer. This makes for me more sense, than also controlling some part of the body. Some people raise their finger the whole time, but also with this ..attention needs to be given to the finger to keep it raised and there is tension on the finger which also for me personally could rather distract me and prevent me from relaxing my whole body in other words tasting the calmness of the prayer.
I don't move my finger constantly. I just have the index finger pointed like we all do.

I don't know much about the Hanafi madhab. I just follow Qur'aan and the Sunnah through a madhab. I do not follow Haneefah RA but I follow the Prophet Muhammad :saws:

In regards to the index finger, I do just as you do, point the index finger when saying the Shahadah, and then leveling it down again.
Allahu alam.

Insaanah
05-20-2017, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed67
Women's choice on wearing hijab

Surat ul Ahzaab, Surah no 33, ayah 36

Some translations:

Sahih International
It is not for a believing man or a believing woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decided a matter, that they should [thereafter] have any choice about their affair. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger has certainly strayed into clear error.

Muhsin Khan
It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed in a plain error.

Pickthall
And it becometh not a believing man or a believing woman, when Allah and His messenger have decided an affair (for them), that they should (after that) claim any say in their affair; and whoso is rebellious to Allah and His messenger, he verily goeth astray in error manifest.

Yusuf Ali
It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger to have any option about their decision: if any one disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path.

Abdul Haleem
When God and His Messenger have decided on a matter that concerns them, it is not fitting for any believing man or woman to claim freedom of choice in that matter: whoever disobeys God and His Messenger is far astray.

Mufti Taqi Usmani
It is not open for a believing man or a believing woman, once Allah and His messenger have decided a thing, that they should have a choice about their matter; and whoever disobeys Allah and His messenger, he indeed gets off the track, falling into an open error.

Abul Ala Maududi(With tafsir)
It does not behove a believer, male or female, that when Allah and His Messenger have decided an affair they should exercise their choice. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger has strayed to manifest error.

Brief Tafsir from Tafseer Ibn Kathir:

.....This Ayah is general in meaning and applies to all matters, i.e., if Allah and His Messenger decreed a matter, no one has the right to go against that, and no one has any choice or room for personal opinion in this case. Allah says:

﴿فَلاَ وَرَبِّكَ لاَ يُؤْمِنُونَ حَتَّى يُحَكِّمُوكَ فِيمَا شَجَرَ بَيْنَهُمْ ثُمَّ لاَ يَجِدُواْ فِى أَنفُسِهِمْ حَرَجاً مِّمَّا قَضَيْتَ وَيُسَلِّمُواْ تَسْلِيماً ﴾

(But no, by your Lord, they can have no faith, until they make you judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.) (4:65) Hence the issue of going against it is addressed in such strong terms, as Allah says:

﴿وَمَن يَعْصِ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ فَقَدْ ضَلَّ ضَلَـلاً مُّبِيناً﴾

(And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error.) This is like the Ayah:

﴿فَلْيَحْذَرِ الَّذِينَ يُخَـلِفُونَ عَنْ أَمْرِهِ أَن تُصِيبَهُمْ فِتْنَةٌ أَوْ يُصِيبَهُمْ عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ﴾

(And let those who oppose the Messenger's commandment, beware, lest some Fitnah should befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them) (24:63).

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...1856&Itemid=89

Serinity
05-20-2017, 02:33 PM

For a muslim who knows their deen, there is no choice in the matter. Allah :swt: commanded us to pray 5 times a day - we have no choice but to do it.

noraina
05-20-2017, 08:42 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

In Islam, in matters which are fardh upon us, we have no choice because Allah swt has *commanded* us to do that. Islam means 'voluntary submission' - if as Muslims we truly submit ourselves to Allah swt, then we will be sincere in doing what is compulsory upon us. Anyone who doesn't do what is fardh, such as hijab or salah, hasn't yet reached a full understanding of Islam or our duties as a Muslim - may Allah swt guide us all.

I'm not sure what the opinion is when it comes to humans forcing another human to observe hijab or salah. If someone does it because of anther human, and not out of sincere obedience to Allah swt, would it be accepted?

I think the root lies in educating the Muslim community - I'm quite sure few would wilfully disobey Allah swt in such important parts of our deen if they truly understood their importance.

btw, about the niqab - there seem to be two opinions. 1 - it is not fardh but highly recommended. 2 - it is compulsory especially in times of fitnah. I don't wear the niqab, but I respect both opinions.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.