/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

Muslimah inshal
04-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Sometimes when I want to study deen , it's like i don't know where to start . Any recommedation ?.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
04-04-2017, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah inshal
Sometimes when I want to study deen , it's like i don't know where to start . Any recommedation ?.
Asalaamualaykum

Study a little of everything if you just reading. Please make sure you in contact with an Aalima to guide you.

Muslimah inshal
04-04-2017, 08:59 PM
Could you recommend some books about the Seerah of Muhammad salla allahu alaihi wa sallam ?

Supernova
04-04-2017, 09:41 PM
Could you recommend some books about the Seerah of Muhammad salla allahu alaihi wa sallam ?
The most popular one I have come across is "The sealed nectar".
But there are hundreds of Seerah with variations

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslimah inshal
04-05-2017, 08:40 AM
Okay Jazaka allahu Khairan !!

aaj
04-05-2017, 01:16 PM
:salam:

I would start with good reliable books, like Minhaj al- Muslim, and authentic websites, like islamqa.com or islamweb.net, by reputable scholars.

Six etiquettes of learning

lbn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah

said: "There are six stages to knowledge:

Firstly: Asking questions in a good manner.

Secondly: Remaining quiet and listening attentively.

Thirdly: Understanding well.

Fourthly: Memorising.
Fifthly Teaching.

Sixthly- and it is its fruit: Acting upon the knowledge and keeping to its limits."

https://www.islamweb.net/en/article/137288/

respecta
04-05-2017, 02:48 PM
I would say set yourself a curriculum to follow and study parts of it. So something like below:

Aqeedah - Learn about who Allah is
Fiqh - Learn about how to worship Allah and how to carry out basic things like making wudhu correctly and praying correctly
Qur'an - If you don't know how to recite properly as in with Tajweed, then learn this, and if you have time try memorise as much as you can
Sunnah - Learn about the life of the Prophet Muhammad (saw)
Arabic Language - To assist you in the understanding of the Qur'an
Tafsir - Assist you in the understanding of the Qur'an

Muslimah inshal
04-05-2017, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
:salam:

I would start with good reliable books, like Minhaj al- Muslim, and authentic websites, like islamqa.com or islamweb.net, by reputable scholars.

Six etiquettes of learning

lbn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah

said: "There are six stages to knowledge:

Firstly: Asking questions in a good manner.

Secondly: Remaining quiet and listening attentively.

Thirdly: Understanding well.

Fourthly: Memorising.
Fifthly Teaching.

Sixthly- and it is its fruit: Acting upon the knowledge and keeping to its limits."

https://www.islamweb.net/en/article/137288/
Oh Jazakakumu allahu Khairan . I wanted something like this so that I know a bit of eveything .
format_quote Originally Posted by respecta
I would say set yourself a curriculum to follow and study parts of it. So something like below:

Fiqh - Learn about how to worship Allah and how to carry out basic things like making wudhu correctly and praying correctly
Qur'an - If you don't know how to recite properly as in with Tajweed, then learn this, and if you have time try memorise as much as you can

respecta
04-05-2017, 03:10 PM
Oh Jazakakumu allahu Khairan . I wanted something like this so that I know a bit of eveything .
The below has books within itself (other than Qur'an as there is only one Qur'an), so choose a proper curriculum. Depending on where you live you may have local institutes available or local classes or even online classes.

Muslimah inshal
04-05-2017, 03:14 PM
I will inshallah !

aaj
04-05-2017, 03:25 PM
You could go through this site, http://www.newmuslims.com/

it's pretty structured by categories. if you know all that then you could check out the islamic universities for those topics (aqeedah, figh, etc) to see what books they use for their curriculum and get those books to study. Also, there's places like this:

https://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/

greenhill
04-05-2017, 04:00 PM
Read the stories of the prophets? Read about the life of prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. It usually leads to other interesting topics to follow up on. And in essence teaches us how to please Allah. Various examples from previous prophets giving us different examples and tests for human kind.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.