/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ADVICE: To The Hijabi Fashionistas

Muslimah inshal
04-09-2017, 01:56 PM
-The example of those girls who are infatuated/obsessed with make-up and fashion is that of:-a traveler or tourist who travels with an empty bag-an examinee who, instead of writing an essay for their exam like they were asked to, spent all his examination time decorating his sheets of paper and doodling.-what grade do you think is expected of one who doesn't answer the questions being asked?
--
It was narrated that Allah's Messenger Muhammad (SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said:-"Allah does not look at your outward appearance and your wealth, rather He looks at your hearts and deeds."

This does not mean that Muslims

must look 'unseemly' or 'shabby',

no, for-Allah is beautiful and He loves 'beauty'.

This means that we should focus

on what's more important,

like our Iman/faith, good deeds and

good Islamic personality,

Focus on pleasing Allah,

forget fashion that can divert you

from Allah's path,

if you live your life aiming to please people,

you may end up with Allah's wrath,

that is, if you come on Judgment Day

with an empty record of good deeds,

so do more good deeds for the sake of Allah,

for-'doing good and being good'-is-'being beautiful'

to Allah, our God, the Most Powerful
who loves those Muslims
who are sincere and 'dutiful'

And Allah swt knows best.

http://www.sunnahonline.com (Allah is Beautiful and Loves Beauty)-

P.S.: Also this advice is applied for brothers as well . As hijab is an obligation from Allah swt to his slaves .
Wallahi I'm not trying to offend someone and Allah knows my intention .

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatu allahi wa barakatuhu !! [emoji137]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cinnamonrolls1
05-03-2017, 06:49 PM
Salam, thanks for the reminder!

cinnamonrolls1
05-03-2017, 07:06 PM
This probably isnt the right thread to post this but do you know any good places that sell cheap modest maxi skirts? In the uk would be best, thanks !

Scimitar
05-03-2017, 08:20 PM
today i saw a muslimah in hijab with so much eye makeup, I didn't know what I was looking at.

I think it may have been a peacock dressed as a female.

I'm still seeing kaleidoscopic refraction's of light. Lol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zeal
05-04-2017, 08:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
today i saw a muslimah in hijab with so much eye makeup, I didn't know what I was looking at.

[emoji23] [emoji23]

Muslimah inshal
05-04-2017, 08:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
This probably isnt the right thread to post this but do you know any good places that sell cheap modest maxi skirts? In the uk would be best, thanks !
Sister I know a page called sunnahstyle.com
I didn't buy nothing from there but the sister's that buy from there they seem very happy with what they get . Inshallah i hope that helps .

cinnamonrolls1
05-04-2017, 08:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah inshal
I didn't buy nothing from there but the sister's that buy from there they seem very happy with what they get . Inshallah i hope that helps .
Thank you! Inshallah i'l check them out.

Grandad
05-04-2017, 10:00 AM

You should have lowered your gaze, brother! ;D.........or else worn these: :shade:

Scimitar
05-04-2017, 10:23 AM
I still think it was a peacock!!! :D

*charisma*
05-04-2017, 12:27 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Some people are physically unattractive..until you see a nour emit from their faces, kindness in their eyes, sincerity in their smile, humility on their cheeks. This is a type of beauty that is unattainable with a brush or palette and to me is the most attractive.

The only thing a woman attracts to herself when she is adorned with makeup is the weakest of souls and the lowest of desires.

Hayaa8
05-04-2017, 01:50 PM
Thank you so much

May Allah give you jannah.

azc
05-04-2017, 01:58 PM
:jz: good post, sister....!

Grandad
05-04-2017, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

Some people are ..until you see a nour emit from their faces, kindness in their eyes, sincerity in their smile, humility on their cheeks. This is a type of beauty that is unattainable with a brush or palette and to me is the most attractive.

The only thing a woman attracts to herself when she is adorned with makeup is the weakest of souls and the lowest of desires.
Apart from the 'physically unattractive' you could well have been writing about me! :shade:........................................... .:facepalm:

*charisma*
05-04-2017, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grandad
Apart from the 'physically unattractive' you could well have been writing about me! :shade:........................................... .:facepalm:

well, you can't have it all :D lool jk jk but what I meant is, sometimes individuals aren't initially attractive physically at first..like they're average, or maybe they aren't really attractive at all, but they have attractive qualities that changes your perception completely, and they actually do look physically attractive. Sometimes even a smile does wonders on a person's face lol.

Grandad
05-04-2017, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
well, you can't have it all :D lool jk jk but what I meant is, sometimes individuals aren't initially attractive physically at first..like they're average, or maybe they aren't really attractive at all, but they have attractive qualities that changes your perception completely, and they actually do look physically attractive. Sometimes even a smile does wonders on a person's face lol.
You are perfectly correct, of course. I couldn't resist a tease.

noraina
05-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

A post desperately needed this days :jz: sister

I think even more worrying than make-up is the extremely tight-clothes some sisters are wearing even with the hijab, and alongside the heavy make-up it doesn't look right at all. As someone young (relatively :D) I can understand the pressures in this day and age to conform to society's (unreal) standards of beauty to look 'attractive' or 'beautiful'.

Materialism and consumerism seem quite shallow and Islam emphasises the much more important 'beauty' of what is inside. A pretty face doesn't get one far, it's a beautiful mind and a beautiful character that does.

I feel quite liberated and Islam has taught me to feel comfortable in my own skin and very self-confident alhamdulillah, as someone who may not or may have sported 'peacock eyes' once.

May Allah swt guide us all to understand the true meaning of modesty, both inward and outward...Ameen.

noraina
05-04-2017, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah inshal
Yes, sunnahstyle, tasnimcollections and ahmedtailorlondon are good companies ma'sha'Allah.

I'm not sure if they are based in the UK, but they're popular among the sisters here. :)

cinnamonrolls1
05-04-2017, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Yes, sunnahstyle, tasnimcollections and ahmedtailorlondon are good companies ma'sha'Allah.

I'm not sure if they are based in the UK, but they're popular among the sisters here. :)
Thank you! Barakallah huma fik

cinnamonrolls1
05-04-2017, 07:16 PM

*barakAllah fik

cinnamonrolls1
05-04-2017, 07:22 PM
also i was wondering, do you think it would be okay for me to carry on wearing skinny jeans/straight leg jeans with hijab? Im currently wearing them with long tops(knee length or just slightly above) im aware its best if i wear an abaya however its not practical at all for me. Inshallah though when im older i will start permanantly wearing abaya. I dont wear any makeup or anything and all my tops are long and loose.

noraina
05-04-2017, 08:05 PM
also i was wondering, do you think it would be okay for me to carry on wearing skinny jeans/straight leg jeans with hijab? Im currently wearing them with long tops(knee length or just slightly above) im aware its best if i wear an abaya however its not practical at all for me. Inshallah though when im older i will start permanantly wearing abaya. I dont wear any makeup or anything and all my tops are long and loose.
My advice would be to ditch the skinny jeans and for now wear straight-legs, and ensure your tops are at least knee length insha'Allah. It's wonderful you're making progress with your hijab ma'sha'Allah and so long as the clothes are not tight, or transparent or too eye-catching it should be fine. :) Those very long calf-length shirts are popular these days, they're loose and some are almost ankle-length.

Consider maxi skirts or dresses as well - they're comfortable and modest. I was such a jeans-girl a few years ago but once I got the hang of wearing skirts or dresses I've found they're quite practical to move around it.

Abaya and jilbab is definitely the next step - transition to that slowly. It can seem like a very radical change but honestly you'll be surprised how natural it feels. I've been wearing it for a year now and I'm *loving* it.

We should all strive to please Allah swt and make sure we are working on ourselves constantly, and He will help us in'sha'Allah. May Allah swt make it easy for you. :) c

cinnamonrolls1
05-04-2017, 08:08 PM
My advice would be to ditch the skinny jeans and for now wear straight-legs, and ensure your tops are at least knee length insha'Allah. It's wonderful you're making progress with your hijab ma'sha'Allah and so long as the clothes are not tight, or transparent or too eye-catching it should be fine. :) Those very long calf-length shirts are popular these days, they're loose and some are almost ankle-length.

Consider maxi skirts or dresses as well - they're comfortable and modest. I was such a jeans-girl a few years ago but once I got the hang of wearing skirts or dresses I've found they're quite practical to move around it.

Abaya and jilbab is definitely the next step - transition to that slowly. It can seem like a very radical change but honestly you'll be surprised how natural it feels. I've been wearing it for a year now and I'm *loving* it.

We should all strive to please Allah swt and make sure we are working on ourselves constantly, and He will help us in'sha'Allah. May Allah swt make it easy for you. :) c
I would love to wear the abaya, however im in high school so i cant really due to our uniform :( luckily for me dressing modestly isnt an issue for me tbh because my parents taught me to dress modestly from like age 10 + so im used to dressing modestly and all. At the time i wasnt all that pleased tbh but now im happy i got used to dressing modestly so yeah. sorry for the story lol

cinnamonrolls1
05-04-2017, 08:10 PM

Thank you :) may Allah bless you!

cinnamonrolls1
05-04-2017, 08:14 PM

I love maxi skirts and dresses! I love the freedom however its rare to find actual modest ones in shops here now, all the dresses are either really low cut or the skirts have giant slits at the sides or front,lol

noraina
05-04-2017, 09:36 PM
I would love to wear the abaya, however im in high school so i cant really due to our uniform luckily for me dressing modestly isnt an issue for me tbh because my parents taught me to dress modestly from like age 10 + so im used to dressing modestly and all. At the time i wasnt all that pleased tbh but now im happy i got used to dressing modestly so yeah. sorry for the story lol
No need to say sorry at all. As far school uniform goes, that is easy enough to work around in'sha'Allah. As I said, as long as the clothing is not tight or transparent, or too 'flashy', and it covers everything apart from your hands and face, it should be just fine.

Thank you may Allah bless you!
Wa fiqi barakAllah :)

I love maxi skirts and dresses! I love the freedom however its rare to find actual modest ones in shops here now, all the dresses are either really low cut or the skirts have giant slits at the sides or front,lol
Tell me about it. Sometimes you can work around it by 'layering'. For example with sleeveless dresses a cardigan on top works quite well. But yes it's tricky.

Scimitar
05-04-2017, 11:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grandad
everything apart from the physically attractive actually applied to me :D

C i Smarti ;)

Grandad
05-05-2017, 07:23 AM

C i Smarti ;)
Very clever. Da iawn! ;D

cinnamonrolls1
05-18-2017, 11:10 AM

C i Smarti ;)
Loool,see what you did there

Scimitar
05-18-2017, 08:32 PM
yeah but did you catch Grandad's entry? :D classssssssssssy

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.