/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Islam doesn't allow women to be leaders?

Ahmed67
04-09-2017, 05:25 PM
I am curious why Islam doesn't allow women to be the leaders? I disagree when people say a man is more mentally strong than a women. Because I have never seen proof of that, it all depends on the individual not the gender. Just want to know if there's a logical explanation for this issue.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zeal
04-09-2017, 06:16 PM
Say, "My Lord has only forbidden immoralities - what is apparent of them and what is concealed - and sin, and oppression without right, and that you associate with Allah that for which He has not sent down authority, and that you say about Allah that which you do not know."

قُلْ إِنَّمَا حَرَّمَ رَبِّيَ الْفَوَاحِشَ مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَمَا بَطَنَ وَالْإِثْمَ وَالْبَغْيَ بِغَيْرِ الْحَقِّ وَأَنْ تُشْرِكُوا بِاللَّهِ مَا لَمْ يُنَزِّلْ بِهِ سُلْطَانًا وَأَنْ تَقُولُوا عَلَى اللَّهِ مَا لَا تَعْلَمُونَ

azc
04-09-2017, 07:27 PM
I don't ponder over such issues. There may be different reasons for not accepting woman as leader. One of them surely be interaction with non mahram

Scimitar
04-09-2017, 11:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed67
I am curious why Islam doesn't allow women to be the leaders? I disagree when people say a man is more mentally strong than a women. Because I have never seen proof of that, it all depends on the individual not the gender. Just want to know if there's a logical explanation for this issue.
Prime Minister of England, Margaret Thatcher, took my milk bottle away from me when I was in primary school, that's unforgivable!

There's no better reason I can think of. Right now.

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
04-10-2017, 12:04 AM
Assalamu alaikum,

I dont mean to be rude, but isnt it better if a woman asks this question? I mean...if we dont care about it/mind it, why do you?

Secondly, theres an issue with women being leaders everywhere in general. Its not an islamic issue, its a social issue. Ask the "progressive" and "free world" about it first :D

praisetoallah
04-12-2017, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu alaikum,

I dont mean to be rude, but isnt it better if a woman asks this question? I mean...if we dont care about it/mind it, why do you?

Secondly, theres an issue with women being leaders everywhere in general. Its not an islamic issue, its a social issue. Ask the "progressive" and "free world" about it first :D
There has always seemed to be a problem with women having power. Unless we look at the Native American tribes . Most of which allowed women to rule

Grandad
04-12-2017, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Prime Minister of England, Margaret Thatcher, took my milk bottle away from me when I was in primary school, that's unforgivable!

There's no better reason I can think of. Right now.

Scimi
Ahhhh didums ;D

Scimitar
04-12-2017, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grandad
Ahhhh didums ;D
:D

I know, right?

An adult snatching a milk bottle out of a child's' hands is ... absolutely deplorable - and I think this crime is unforgiveable, yet no one except yourself has caught this.

I'm amazed. How many milk bottles did she snatch away from the children of the England? I have no idea, but we'll never get that milk back. And now, there's Cravendale... between the cows (who want their milk back) and the councils (who bat for the govt) we being sold "lactose intolerant" narratives... the bloody geniuses.

Scimi

Umm♥Layth
04-12-2017, 06:51 PM
Do you have a sister or a wife? ^o)

As much as women like to think that their constant fluctuations of hormones do NOT change their views and perceptions, I beg to differ. I work with women regularly and I tell you first hand, not only from observing myself, but observing and journal their behaviors that every time hormones shift, so does their commitment to things, so does the way they discipline their kids, so does the way they run their marriages and even the choices of foods they make. Men do not have these constant shifts unless they are bipolar or have a psychological issues.

You'd have to understand women's physicality to really grasp this concept. The level of effect these constant fluctuations has on each woman will vary on her health, but I would NOT want my country, city or town to depend on a woman's hormonal fluctuations.

THEN, there's the vulnerability issue. Women generally have a MASSIVE heart and compassion towards others. That is what makes us capable of raising children and dealing with men's crap (yes, I said it). This capability can make us easily persuaded by something that sounds appealing emotionally, like giving the absolute wrong man a chance (just as an example lol). These characteristics are not something you want when you must be firm, for example, when you are leading people.

Before any sisters get offended, please journal your behavior for at least 3 months straight and you'll see the patterns I speak of, guaranteed. It is predictable to me, so much so that when I have a client with certain issues, I will ask her what part of her cycle she is in. During ovulation times she will be much happier, confident and willing to make changes, come the week before menstruation and I hear alot of complaining, weeping, unwillingness to cooperate, changes of heart and weakness with previous commitments.

Allah made men and women for different roles in life. It's really that easy :) I personally would absolutely hate to lead a country or a mass of people. In a way I actually do that among women as I participate in groups, teach and advise, but I tell you, my feelings and tolerance levels change drastically, so I work around my own fluctuations, this way I stay consistent and don't hurt anyone's feelings LOL.

Grandad
04-12-2017, 08:03 PM

I know, right?

An adult snatching a milk bottle out of a child's' hands is ... absolutely deplorable - and I think this crime is unforgiveable, yet no one except yourself has caught this.

I'm amazed. How many milk bottles did she snatch away from the children of the England? I have no idea, but we'll never get that milk back. And now, there's Cravendale... between the cows (who want their milk back) and the councils (who bat for the govt) we being sold "lactose intolerant" narratives... the bloody geniuses.

Scimi
In infants school we used to have milk, orange juice.....and cod-liver oil +o(

piXie
04-12-2017, 08:21 PM
:sl:

We have been designed to give birth to and raise leaders. Our role & job is already quite demanding. Please give us a break. :D

Scimitar
04-13-2017, 01:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grandad
.....and cod-liver oil +o(

the regurgitated burp is vile.

Scimi

Grandad
04-13-2017, 07:08 AM

the regurgitated burp is vile.

Scimi
But well-oiled. :p

Samiun
04-13-2017, 10:14 AM
:sl: interesting fact, about four Muslim woman in Acheh Indonesia ruled the country for a century after her husband passed on and resisted dutch advances. Note that this was a time where Acheh as an Islamic Country was at peak with many great Ulama that came from there and it was also heavily debated back then about this which lead to the dethroning of the last Sultanah later on. A few centuries after that, another Woman would also lead a resistance against the Dutch army. Obviously there were certain circumstances that have led to these decisions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taj_ul-Alam
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cut_Nyak_Dhien

Umm♥Layth
04-13-2017, 10:26 AM
Yes, it has happened throughout history. We are discussing the Islamic perspective on it though. Remember that history can be grossly warped and you may never know the fine details of how things happened.

It reminds me of the way women like to use the story of Khadijah (ra) to say that women can and should go out into the business world, be independent from men and choose money making over homemaking because Khadijah did it. Well, she DID, however, she relied on men to do all of her interactions and transactions (that's how she met the prophet (saw). She also had children and took care of her household, plus her business was handed down by her father if I'm not mistaken.

So yes, women can choose to do business (I know I do!) but we have priorities such as the household and family and we will need our men's support if we choose to go that route.

I use this example to illustrate that just because something happened, doesn't mean it is what it looks like on the outside :) there are details which are ignored and one other thing to remember is that just because one Muslim did something, doesn't make it okay for everyone else to do the same thing. So yeah, some Muslim countries have had women as leaders, but our prophet (saw) warned against it...

noraina
04-13-2017, 02:58 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

Some people get quite sensitive about this issue, but to be honest with a bit of thought it makes plenty of sense why men rather than women are encouraged to take roles of leadership within the community.

And it doesn't in any way mean women are somehow incapable to lacking. Men and women have been created very differently by Allah swt, for different reasons, with different roles, and there's a beauty in that for society to run smoothly. There is nothing wrong with pursuing your own goals in the right way, but neither gender should prioritise these individual goals over their most important roles.

The Prophets :as: were all men, sent to lead and guide the community of believers, and there must be a very good reason for that. However the role the women in their lives played was very different and yet also essential. Such the roles of Khadijah (ra), Aisha (ra) and Fatimah (ra) in the life of the Prophet Muhammad :saws: and the early days of Islam.

And bear in mind, mothers play a huge role in tarbiyah and bringing up their children in the deen - it is their responsibility to bring up the future leaders of our community, maybe we don't realise how big of a responsibility that is.

anatolian
04-13-2017, 05:04 PM
We dont have so many good examples of woman leaders unfortuntely lol. Look for Eva Peron, Margaret Tatcher..etc.

But of course Benazir Bhutto was the most famous example of a woman leader in an Islamic enviroment. What do you think about her?

A leader is supposed to be a little aggressive. Women are more naive beings than men..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.