/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Speakers Corner Debates

Scimitar
04-13-2017, 01:08 PM
Christians: Kevin And Douglas Question Muslims: Mansur And Paul at Speakers Corner, Sunday 9th April 2017

Scimi

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bosanac
04-13-2017, 05:16 PM
Very interesting place, heard a lot about it. Also discussing it on another forum. Enjoyed reading up on its history a while back too. I wonder though, how do people fact check the claims/arguments the debaters make there? Pull out their phones and google the stuff? ;D;)

Hats off to the people participating in these type of debates, I would be too intimidated/shy to do so :embarrass

edit: I'm half way into watching the video and the Christian guy is indeed googling stuff, guess that answers that

Scimitar
04-13-2017, 06:09 PM
He was googling for a long time, and couldn't find any proof to back his claims, shortly after, he (Kevin) left the debate :)

Scimi

Bosanac
04-14-2017, 06:55 AM
I don't understand people like him. He just kept shouting random issues and loaded questions, and as soon as he started getting rebuttals he wouldn't even wait for them to finish explaining and tried moving on to another issue to try and "stump" them with. It's obvious he wasn't interested in any meaningful discussion. I don't know if his goal was simply to heckle or what, but he didn't even do a good job with that as he got rebutted on every issue. :facepalm:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
04-15-2017, 03:26 PM
True brother Bosanac, assalaam alaikum btw,

I'll be there again tomorrow in sha Allah.

Hopefully in a few days I will have another video to share here.

I find that a minority of the people at speakers corner are not so ignorant of Islam as we are led to believe - rather, they are just there to antagonize the Muslims, although this is not as common as on forums, it does happen.

Having said this, their attempts to antagonize Muslims usually fails miserably because Muslims have a thicker skin and can more than handle the antagonists. In fact, the Muslims usually leave the antagonists humbled.

I got involved in a few discussions myself but requested not to be filmed lol, too shy.

Scimi

Scimitar
04-17-2017, 07:54 PM
This guy is an atheist, but listen carefully to what he is saying - he doesn't realise that he is sponsoring Muslim ideas, because he doesn't know it... yet.

I'm in touch with him, and will be giving him some dawah next time I see him in sha Allah, based on his ideas about life, and living :)

Scimi

Scimitar
04-18-2017, 12:42 AM
Brother's Hashem and Hamza speak with an atheist,

this one is epic, Pascal's Wager jumping jacks in effect, lol

Scimi

Aaqib
04-18-2017, 01:14 AM
Post to be subscribed.

Jazakallah for posting.

Zeal
04-18-2017, 07:28 AM
@Scimitar have you met muhammad hijab he's really good at his stuff

Serinity
04-18-2017, 08:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
This guy is an atheist, but listen carefully to what he is saying - he doesn't realise that he is sponsoring Muslim ideas, because he doesn't know it... yet.

I'm in touch with him, and will be giving him some dawah next time I see him in sha Allah, based on his ideas about life, and living :)

Scimi
:salam:

Based on what I read on the website, I already like this guy.

Allahu alam.

Scimitar
04-18-2017, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zeal
@Scimitar have you met muhammad hijab he's really good at his stuff
Yes he was there last week ma sha Allah, they are all very cool brothers :)

Scimi

Scimitar
04-18-2017, 12:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam:

Based on what I read on the website, I already like this guy.

Allahu alam.
funny story how I met him.

We were praying Asr salaah in the park, when some Christians from troll Jay Smiths camp started to hurl abuse at us - not that we noticed - we were too busy with salaah.

Once salaah was done, Eric (the guy in this video) came up to us and apologised for the actions of "those crazy white people" and said he was not from their group and that he liked to see Muslims quietly and peacefully observe their rituals.

This, softened me greatly towards him and so I went over to him and introduced myself. We got talking, at which point a Christian friend of mine who lives locally - Eddie - turned up and surprised me. I asked him "what you doing here?" he said "TITANS TV" and I nodded knowingly lol - TITANS TV is the Christian arm of speakers corner youtube vids. We hugged and all three of us had a very polite and informal conversation, which eventually led to discussing theology and no theology as in the case of Eric. Then Eric pointed out how everyone is arguing religion, and how he has come here to speak about the ills in society which get over looked due to the media polarisation of absolutely everything. So I suggested he take the stand. He replied he was nervous as this was his first time to speak, but up he went, and there I was, with my first "exclusive" lol.

Eddie is also in that video, he's the Black guy standing on the left with the baseball cap, good guy.

Scimi

Scimitar
04-24-2017, 07:49 PM
Assalaam alaikum warahmatullah

We went there again yesterday with my little cousin Tahir and old wup comrade, Lauren.

Should have a few vids up this week in sha Allah.

Scimi

Scimitar
04-25-2017, 02:23 AM
Assalaam alaikum warahmatullah, one more just upped to youtube (sorry the sound messed up slightly but you get used to it, I think)

Anyway, Brother Subboor Ahmed discusses Darwin and Evolution with a friendly atheist brother in humanity, at Speakers Corner, Hyde Park, London.

Follow Subboor Ahmed on FB: https://www.facebook.com/subboor.ahmad/

Check out IERA: https://www.iera.org/

Scimi

Scimitar
04-25-2017, 02:59 AM
An excellent and interestingly detailed explanation into the remarkable and unique preservation of the Muslim holy book, the Qur'an - presented by brother Adnan and brother Mansur on Sunday 23rd April 2017 at Speakers Corner, Hyde Park, London.

God Bless,

Scimi

Scimitar
04-25-2017, 12:23 PM
Brother Hussain dismantles a group of atheist heckler's before moving onto have a discussion with Matthew, a visitor to the park.

Scimi

noraina
04-25-2017, 02:47 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

:jz: for sharing this.

The Speaker's Corner in Hyde Park is the most famous one around, it would be interesting to pop down there and listen to some of the debates.

How often do the debates get heated, or is everyone relatively calm most of the time?

Scimitar
04-25-2017, 04:51 PM
There's a buzz about the place. Some people talk quietly, like Subboor Ahmed with Julian in the Discussing Darwin video. Sometimes a Muslim get's heckled as in the two tigers in a cage video, but the Muslim comes out on top Alhamdulillah.

There is a decent presence of Muslim speakers around, and a good mix of everything else.

Scimi

Scimitar
04-26-2017, 10:51 AM
This is not a Speakers Corner video, but for budding young da'ee's, this documentary is worth watching:

An Excellent documentary made by brother Muhammad (Bushwack) from Wake Up Project forum in 2012. Resurfacing five years later as a timeless classic with appeal to all inviter's (Da'ee's) to the way of Islam.

If you liked this documentary, please do consider subscribing in sha Allah,

God bless,

Scimi

Finding MEMO
04-26-2017, 06:10 PM
Jazak'Allahu Khairan Khateeran
For making the effort to load these videos.

Scimitar
04-26-2017, 08:39 PM
Wa iyyak,

ya know, it's nice to know a little effort is appreciated, thank you Finding Memo :)

God bless,

Scimi

Scimitar
05-02-2017, 12:04 AM
Hussain (Jason) and Joshua have a discussion on the nature of Jesus. Thank you to both Hussain (Jason) and Joshua for taking part.

Bonus material starts @00:20:50 (I step in to answer Joshua's question about Muslim method of worship being a continuation of the Abrahamic faith traditions method of worship).

Filmed at Speaker's Corner, Hyde Park, London on Sunday the 30th April 2017!

Scimi

Scimitar
05-02-2017, 03:09 PM
IS SHARIAH HERE?

Jamie (in the cowboy hat, representing Western Secularism) questions brother Paul (representing Islam) on which system is better:

Islam VS The New Secular World Order

Scimi

Scimitar
05-09-2017, 03:00 AM
EMPIRICAL DOGMA???

How can such a thing be true? Science isn't dogmatic? Is it?

Well, a trained and educated scientist invests in a dogmatic belief regarding his atheism. Takes faith not to believe, apparently - here you go bros and sisters - This one is for YOU!!!

Muhammad Hijab speaks with Erik, at Speakers Corner, Hyde Park, London. 7th May 2017

The Ice Cream Cart Awaits :) If you enjoyed this upload, please do kindly consider subscribing to us in sh'Allah.

God bless,

Scimi

Scimitar
05-10-2017, 02:09 AM

Scimi

Bobbyflay23
05-10-2017, 06:37 AM
EMPIRICAL DOGMA???

How can such a thing be true? Science isn't dogmatic? Is it?

Well, a trained and educated scientist invests in a dogmatic belief regarding his atheism. Takes faith not to believe, apparently - here you go bros and sisters - This one is for YOU!!!

Muhammad Hijab speaks with Erik, at Speakers Corner, Hyde Park, London. 7th May 2017

The Ice Cream Cart Awaits :) If you enjoyed this upload, please do kindly consider subscribing to us in sh'Allah.

God bless,

Scimi
What's the name of the Muslim man in the debate I've seen one of his videos I think he's intelligent I just can't find him

Scimitar
05-10-2017, 08:57 AM
Muhammad Hijab - his name is in the title of the video bro.

God bless,

Scimi

Bobbyflay23
05-10-2017, 06:48 PM
Muhammad Hijab - his name is in the title of the video bro.

God bless,

Scimi
I'm on the app and it only goes straight to the video no website

Scimitar
05-10-2017, 10:18 PM
Ah, that will explain it.

here is the next one:

Speaker's Corner: CAN I BE FRANK? Bro Hussein asks bro Muhammad (not Muhammad Hijab in case you are wondering) to talk to those who find it hard to leave the life they hate.

God bless,

Scimi

Scimitar
05-11-2017, 04:20 PM
May the Peace and Blessings of God Almighty be upon you, Thank you for tuning in to PART 2. In this video, Brother Hussein and Brother Muhammad both give advice to those who are caught in the lifestyle they don't want! With a special focus on issues plaguing parents who have unruly kids as well as advice to the youth and young adults!

Check out the GUIDANCE AVENUE youtube channel for many more great videos in sh'Allah: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxU...1N0ww_Kj2cSvlw

If you enjoyed this video, please do consider subscribing for more, in sh'Allah! JazakAllahu Khairan

God Bless,

Finding MEMO
05-12-2017, 12:20 AM
Ah, that will explain it.

here is the next one:

Speaker's Corner: CAN I BE FRANK? Bro Hussein asks bro Muhammad (not Muhammad Hijab in case you are wondering) to talk to those who find it hard to leave the life they hate.

God bless,

Scimi
Jazak'Allahu Khairan Khateeran for sharing!
I think this so far is one of my favourite videos.
It was raw, bitterly honest but very refreshing.

Scimitar
05-12-2017, 08:51 PM
The NIV spwaned from the KJV revisions by over 50 cooperating denominations within Christianity and a plethora of lnguists, researchers and scholars as well as Doctors of Divinity were involved in attempting to clarify the distortions within the New Testament Bible. In this video, Theo seems to be unaware of such a development and holds fast to the KJV, at the risk of looking like he doesn't know what it contains.

Scimi

Scimitar
05-20-2017, 05:01 PM
A Christian Missionary claiming to be an apostate from Islam decides to engage Hussain of Street or Deen TV at Speaker's Corner Hyde Park - find out what happened next.

Follow Hussein on his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/streetor...

We visit speaker's corner regularly to film interesting debates and discussions. In this video, we used three cameras, one Rode direcitional mic and a Zoom H2n, and for the post production (which takes longer) we used HitFilm4Express. It takes time, money and effort to do this work, so please so show us it's worth it by subscribing for more in sh'Allah..

Scimi

Zeal
05-20-2017, 07:18 PM
A Christian Missionary claiming to be an apostate from Islam decides to engage Hussain of Street or Deen TV at Speaker's Corner Hyde Park - find out what happened next.

Follow Hussein on his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/streetor...

We visit speaker's corner regularly to film interesting debates and discussions. In this video, we used three cameras, one Rode direcitional mic and a Zoom H2n, and for the post production (which takes longer) we used HitFilm4Express. It takes time, money and effort to do this work, so please so show us it's worth it by subscribing for more in sh'Allah..

Scimi
Scimiiiii great vid and I shall see you there soon iA holding the camera :D

Finding MEMO
05-22-2017, 07:52 AM
Loved the multi angels - very entertaining Subhan'Allah.

Scimitar
05-26-2017, 10:48 PM

Scimitar
05-28-2017, 10:38 PM
Watch em turn the other... uh - scratch that - he turns his back on Mansur lol. Then they all run away. With their holy ghosts. ;D;D

Scimi

EDIT:

format_quote Originally Posted by Zeal
Scimiiiii great vid and I shall see you there soon iA holding the camera :D
In sh'Allah,

bro let me know when you wish to come and we arrange something in sh'Allah

Scimi

Scimitar
05-31-2017, 01:34 AM
Brother Hashem debates brother Luke who is a Christian. This is not from my channel but from GUIDANCE AVENUE, please subscribe to GUIDANCE AVENUE in sh'Allah, the future uis very bright for this channel! We will be in sh'Allah helping this channel with post production and fliming as well as sound in the very near future.

Scimi

Scimitar
05-31-2017, 02:07 PM
Speaker's Corner: Indiana Rob & the temple of Disbelief - featuring brother Hamza Myatt

An Atheist (Rob) invests hope in ideas without proof, this dogmatic position is reflective of the accusation the atheists accuse beleiver with. Irony abounds, watch Rob struggle with the question "what do you believe" because he knows that belief doesn't require evidence! Big thank you to brother Hamza Myatt for taking the time to debate ROb and to EF Dawah (Eman Foundation Dawah) for letting us film this two weeks ago!If you like what we do, please do consider subscribing to Dawah Digital in sh'Allah

Enjoy,

Scimi

Zeal
06-04-2017, 05:45 PM
Scimi I wonder if I saw you ;)

Scimitar
06-05-2017, 01:31 AM
Was you there?

Anyway, the latest video, in light of the recent Terrorist attacks in London, 3rd June 2017:

Following the Terror attacks in London on Saturday 3rd of June 2017 - the world wonders why Muslims do not condemn the terror attacks in the media - the reason is simple - Muslims are not represented fairly in ANY media - and so it is up to us, as Muslims to attempt to reach as many people and let them hear our Islamic understanding of these events, and those behind them.This is our condemnation of Terrorism, please share this video around to your friends and family and anyone who may benefit, Ameen!God bless us all, and keep us safe from harm, Ameen,A Very Special Thank You to the Muslim brothers, Paul and Mansur who gave us the opportunity to film them for our viewers - please do share this video with all who may benefit and further, keep both our brothers in du'aa.

Dawah Digital Bros

Scimitar
06-06-2017, 02:00 PM
God blesses the makers of peace - I'll let the video speak for itself!Special thanks to Jibreel and Hussein who took the initiative to stop the tension between the followers of the Kemet world view and the Muslims - for us to film this was a great honour and we truly wish to convey our deep gratitude to both the speakers in this video, God bless you both and make fruit the seed you planted together at the park on Sunday, Ameen!God bless us all, Ameen

Scimitar
06-06-2017, 03:12 PM
Brother Muhammad from GUIDANCE AVENUE is a regular to the corner and a Daee who has bought the message of Islam to many over the past few years. His latest conversion was just this last Sunday, her have a gander in sh'Allah:

Subscribe to GUIDANCE AVENUE here in sh'Allah

and to DawahDigital here in sh'Allah

Scimitar
06-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Juan Carlos, a Christian brother debates Brother Hashem. The topic of discussion centers around whether Jesus (pbuh) knew the hour - Juan Carlos struggles with the idea that Jesus is both divine and not divine - clearly showing the confusion of a contradicting New Testament work.

We would like to thank brother Hashem and brother Juan Carlos for taking part in this discussion, may Allah subhana wa ta'aala bless brother Hashem and guide brother Juan Carlos to truth, ameen.

We work hard to bring you video content with a difference - we just invested in a third DSLR camera (thank you brother Nadeem) and a new tripod (thank you sister Mehnaz) and look forward to bringing you even better, more dynamic video content in the near future in sh'Allah.

If you enjoyed this video, please do kindly consider subscribing for more - help us to spread the Dawah far and wide and reach many more people in sh'Allah.

JazakAllabhu khair and thank you for reading.

Dawah Digital team

Scimitar
07-22-2017, 09:59 AM

Scimitar
07-22-2017, 10:04 AM

Abz2000
07-26-2017, 03:15 PM
Here's one I just found.
An excellent example of step by step logical and rational deduction, vs an adamant and irrational purposeful denial despite the willingness to entertain the possibility of any other answer:

The "science says" part is funny though when I try to imagine the invisible non-god and it's voice and language....... it means study, hypotheses and conclusions of different individuals for God's sake and it's meant to be rational, not a strawman illusion of an authoritative being instead if God.

Scimitar
07-29-2017, 10:51 AM

Hamza's final week at the park, and his most anticipated discussion. Joshua answers questions about the "Hypostatic Union" and the historicity of the Trinity; namely how it doesn't seem to have any firm basis for belief within the Abrahamic Faith Tradition. Truly an insightful dialogue between two wonderful minds.A special thank you to our guests, Hamza and Joshua.If you like this content, then please do subscribe for more in sh'Allah.

Stay Tuned for our exclusive - Paul Williams speaking about the Forgeries in the Bible filmed at Regents Park Mosque.Stay tuned further for the much anticipated Street Or Deen Series with Jason Thomas.

Scimi

Scimitar
07-31-2017, 09:09 PM
Assalaam alaikum all,

As promised above - here is part one of the Paul Williams Show:

the rest of the playlist is here - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ryb3prMINYgyYG

Scimi

Abz2000
08-01-2017, 04:03 AM
@Scimitar :)

Wot did you do to ruffle that kid's feathers?
And why does he look like he's reading off a script?
ROFL.

This one's interesting:

Scimitar
08-01-2017, 09:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
@Scimitar :)

Wot did you do to ruffle that kid's feathers?
And why does he look like he's reading off a script?
ROFL.

This one's interesting:

That Kid, for a supposed Muslim, wants to debate other Muslims at the park about "agenda21" lol. I told him "Allah is the best of planners" and that he was a conspiracy theorist - coming from me, that's a bit of a compliment - but he took it totally the wrong way, and made a video lol :D

That's some dodgy way to spend his 15 mins of fame - speaking about someone else :D and even bad publicity is still - publicity. My subs soared by 100 in a day. Oh and btw, I told him all the above - 3 weeks ago, :D children should stay at home if they can't handle the heat. I took a lot of ajar from him thru his defamation attempt :D poor kid. He even started the video wiping the tears from his mascara laden eyes. It's a penny a fool these days. :D he's anobody anyway so really bro, aint no thing but good times here. Plenty of projects releasing soon - including the STREET OR DEEN series in sh'Allah and more to come from the Paul Williams Show as well in sh'Allah. (And some other projects as well) stay tuned !!!

Scimi

Abz2000
08-01-2017, 04:27 PM
You sure u didn't do sorcery on him to make him talk about you so you could get extra subs???
U might as well own up lad, it'll be easier for everyone involved.

-----

I just googled it and it's a real plan. There's good in a critical look especially after memorandum 200.
Why didn't you get his take on it no matter how weird seeming since he might have had some info you don't.
I still remember the lone gunman scene where the dad asks his son if he expected him to out the twin towers attack up on a newsletter next to stories about two headed babies and elvis is an alien.
I know it's not practical to put outrageous and incredible stuff on your channel but you might've benefited by reviewing it.
Now he's gone after you for sorcery. :)

Scimitar
08-04-2017, 10:32 PM
I just googled it and it's a real plan. There's good in a critical look especially after memorandum 200.
You seriously didn't know about agenda21? lol... it's real, yes, so what? Giving it any credence makes you a part of the problem and ignorant to the only viable solution to any problem - Allah is the best of planners. Fix up your aqeeda!

Why didn't you get his take on it no matter how weird seeming since he might have had some info you don't.
Coz I'm trying to film dawah and he's a mental patient, quite simply.

I still remember the lone gunman scene where the dad asks his son if he expected him to out the twin towers attack up on a newsletter next to stories about two headed babies and elvis is an alien.
I know it's not practical to put outrageous and incredible stuff on your channel but you might've benefited by reviewing it.
Now he's gone after you for sorcery. :)
firing blanks :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.