/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Well thats me a Muslim now.

Scottish Celt
04-20-2017, 06:18 PM
Salaam Aleikum Brothers & Sisters

Today is the day I finally convert,went to Al-Furqan Mosque in my near by City of Glasgow,spoke away to Imam,a nice lenthy chat also with another brother,the Mosque was quiet,with only us in,I took my Shahada'h,im glowing with joy

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslimah inshal
04-20-2017, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scottish Celt

Today is the day I finally convert,went to Al-Furqan Mosque in my near by City of Glasgow,spoke away to Imam,a nice lenthy chat also with another brother,the Mosque was quiet,with only us in,I took my Shahada'h,im glowing with joy
Mashallah akhi tabaraka Allah swt
Welcome and may Allah make this path easy for you . And by now all you have to do is start learning step by step salah (prayer ).

anatolian
04-20-2017, 06:33 PM
Welcome bro. May Allah be pleased of you.

Scottish Celt
04-20-2017, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah inshal
Mashallah akhi tabaraka Allah swt
Welcome and may Allah make this path easy for you . And by now all you have to do is start learning step by step salah (prayer ).
thank you sister,Imam gave me some booklets to read easy steps to prayers & other info

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scottish Celt
04-20-2017, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Welcome bro. May Allah be pleased of you.
thank you brother

sister herb
04-20-2017, 06:36 PM
Wa alaykumussalam

Congratulations new brother! I am happy for you! You did it! :D

May Allah always make it easy to you to follow this path called Islam.

Simple_Person
04-20-2017, 06:36 PM
wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Ma'sha'Allah. You brother right now all of your previous sins have been wiped out.

May Allah keep you on the straight path and make it easy for you to practice the deen. Also remember brother. STEP BY STEP. Right now the more easier things like not drinking alcohol anymore, or drugs or eating pork. Also slowly go and look up how the prayer is done. AGAIN..STEP BY STEP..do it on your own pace..don't rush it.

Another advice, you know the truth, but you are NOT able to convince other of what you see right now. They are TOTALLY blind of what you are seeing. So instead of doing da'wah (talking about Islam with them and conveying the message of Islam) try the passive way..cleaning up your character in a good way. Have patience, talk good, be friendly etc. etc. people will notice this IMMEDIATELY and THEY will come and ask you whats is going on.

If you have any problems or things you are struggling to understand or so, you know where to find us. Around the corner at starbucks with the big sign www.Islamicboard.com :D.

Scottish Celt
04-20-2017, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Ma'sha'Allah. You brother right now all of your previous sins have been wiped out.

May Allah keep you on the straight path and make it easy for you to practice the deen. Also remember brother. STEP BY STEP. Right now the more easier things like not drinking alcohol anymore, or drugs or eating pork. Also slowly go and look up how the prayer is done. AGAIN..STEP BY STEP..do it on your own pace..don't rush it.

Another advice, you know the truth, but you are NOT able to convince other of what you see right now. They are TOTALLY blind of what you are seeing. So instead of doing da'wah (talking about Islam with them and conveying the message of Islam) try the passive way..cleaning up your character in a good way. Have patience, talk good, be friendly etc. etc. people will notice this IMMEDIATELY.

If you have any problems or things you are struggling to understand or so, you know where to find us. Around the corner at starbucks with the big sign www.Islamicboard.com :D.
Thank you brother,if someone told me id be a Muslim 10 years ago I would have thought they would be lying & crazy LOL,but you never know what the future brings,now here I am,one thing though, I do feel differently I feel cleansed of all my wrong doings in the past & a new man

Scottish Celt
04-20-2017, 06:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Wa alaykumussalam

Congratulations new brother! I am happy for you! You did it! :D

May Allah always make it easy to you to follow this path called Islam.
thank you sister

noraina
04-20-2017, 06:51 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

Ma'sha'Allah! Welcome to Islam brother, we're all so happy for you!

Don't hesitate to pop down here whenever you want to, although of course a local mosque is a wonderful place to meet other Muslims as well.

May Allah keep you firm and steadfast on His path, ameen!

Muslimah inshal
04-20-2017, 06:54 PM
Do you have a Qur'an?

azc
04-20-2017, 06:57 PM

:wa:

May Allah swt keep you steadfast on Deen. Ameen

Scottish Celt
04-20-2017, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Wa alaykum assalam,

Ma'sha'Allah! Welcome to Islam brother, we're all so happy for you!

Don't hesitate to pop down here whenever you want to, although of course a local mosque is a wonderful place to meet other Muslims as well.

May Allah keep you firm and steadfast on His path, ameen!
thank you sister,yes I will try visit Mosque every time I am in Glasgow

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah inshal
Do you have a Qur'an?
Yes,i bought a copy a while ago,also Imam gave me a smaller pocket size Qur'an aswell,so I have 2,(both in English)

format_quote Originally Posted by azc
:wa:

May Allah swt keep you steadfast on Deen. Ameen
Thank you brother.

Muslimah inshal
04-20-2017, 07:12 PM
Yes,i bought a copy a while ago,also Imam gave me a smaller pocket size Qur'an aswell,so I have 2,(both in English)

Ah okay . I was gonna share with you a link where you can get a free Qur'an .

Serinity
04-20-2017, 07:27 PM
:salam:

Alhamdulillah.

A piece of advice: Do not despair or think that Allah :swt: has left you alone, when in trial. Because, the closer you get to Allah, the harder the trials.

And remember, that sometimes we are tried, not because of our sins (there are trials like that) but sometimes when tried it doesn't have to be because of a sin.

The Prophets :as: were amongst those who were the most severely tested.

Just saying: Keep faith in Allah, and do not be depressed when trials befall you.

Scottish Celt
04-20-2017, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

Alhamdulillah.

A piece of advice: Do not despair or think that Allah :swt: has left you alone, when in trial. Because, the closer you get to Allah, the harder the trials.

And remember, that sometimes we are tried, not because of our sins (there are trials like that) but sometimes when tried it doesn't have to be because of a sin.

The Prophets :as: were amongst those who were the most severely tested.

Just saying: Keep faith in Allah, and do not be depressed when trials befall you.
Thanks for the advice brother,funnily enough when I wasn't Muslim I have a feeling that I have already been tested,i had it tough the past few years,and I feel inside ive been guided to Islam by Allah(swt) and everything will be better as in a better more positive outlook on life..That's just my thought anyway

Simple_Person
04-20-2017, 07:54 PM
Thank you brother,if someone told me id be a Muslim 10 years ago I would have thought they would be lying & crazy LOL,but you never know what the future brings,now here I am,one thing though, I do feel differently I feel cleansed of all my wrong doings in the past & a new man
The things that you going to feel and see in'sha'Allah, will ONLY be visible to you. Remember you cannot put those feelings in to words, words don't exist what you feel. So enjoy the feeling and try further strengthen your imaan. For now i BELIEVE you have a lot of catching up to do :P but you will LOVE it all the way in'sha'Allah.

When i became Muslim, i have watched 100's of hours of debates and knowledge gathering. I was like a sponge sucking up all the knowledge that there was available....however after all those hours of gaining knowledge..i understood that the amount of Islamic knowledge i had gathered was compared to me being on a boat and all the water that is on this earth being all the knowledge and the amount of water that is touching my small boat or even less water was the amount of knowledge that i have gathered in those 100's of hours gaining knowledge. There is SOOO much Islamic knowledge available that made me just go in prostration and be humble towards Allah. However Islamic knowledge already blew my mind, not to even speak about the understanding of that gathered knowledge. Every time i thought i understood something that i knew for some time, i was blown away by Allah giving me more understanding OF THE SAME subject. That is when i also finally understood that just because somebody has MORE Islamic KNOWLEDGE than you, it doesn't mean they understand even little bit of it.

A example of this is when you see now and then those Muslims being so harsh in trying to convey the message of Islam or a better example ISIS supporters. Those guys may know the whole Qur'an by heart, they may know more hadith than you could know or remember in your lifetime, however knowledge is one thing, but understanding it is COMPLETELY on a different level. Understanding comes directly from Allah and this can ONLY be achieved in humbling your self towards Him.

You have embraced Islam in a time that ISIS is very visible and everybody knowing their mentality already. Do be alert of things going on as people might try to involve you in groups..you have a mind and a heart and REMEMBER what brought you to Islam. So if people try to convince you Islam is anything but that thing that brought to you to Islam..go away from them.

Scottish Celt
04-20-2017, 08:07 PM
The things that you going to feel and see in'sha'Allah, will ONLY be visible to you. Remember you cannot put those feelings in to words, words don't exist what you feel. So enjoy the feeling and try further strengthen your imaan. For now i BELIEVE you have a lot of catching up to do :P but you will LOVE it all the way in'sha'Allah.

When i became Muslim, i have watched 100's of hours of debates and knowledge gathering. I was like a sponge sucking up all the knowledge that there was available....however after all those hours of gaining knowledge..i understood that the amount of Islamic knowledge i had gathered was compared to me being on a boat and all the water that is on this earth being all the knowledge and the amount of water that is touching my small boat or even less water was the amount of knowledge that i have gathered in those 100's of hours gaining knowledge. There is SOOO much Islamic knowledge available that made me just go in prostration and be humble towards Allah. However Islamic knowledge already blew my mind, not to even speak about the understanding of that gathered knowledge. Every time i thought i understood something that i knew for some time, i was blown away by Allah giving me more understanding OF THE SAME subject. That is when i also finally understood that just because somebody has MORE Islamic KNOWLEDGE than you, it doesn't mean they understand even little bit of it.

A example of this is when you see now and then those Muslims being so harsh in trying to convey the message of Islam or a better example ISIS supporters. Those guys may know the whole Qur'an by heart, they may know more hadith than you could know or remember in your lifetime, however knowledge is one thing, but understanding it is COMPLETELY on a different level. Understanding comes directly from Allah and this can ONLY be achieved in humbling your self towards Him.

You have embraced Islam in a time that ISIS is very visible and everybody knowing their mentality already. Do be alert of things going on as people might try to involve you in groups..you have a mind and a heart and REMEMBER what brought you to Islam. So if people try to convince you Islam is anything but that thing that brought to you to Islam..go away from them.
Yes,i totally agree with everything you have said,i am just starting out my knowledge is basic tbf,but I will learn more & more through time at my own pace,as you say,as long as I have good understanding of Islam,i will be more than happy with that,this is a new chapter in my life & no doubt there will be obstacles along the way

Serinity
04-20-2017, 08:07 PM

Stay away from ISIS people, they WILL cause you misery, and do not try to argue with them, and do not take advice from them.

They will confuse you, so stay far away from them. Keep listening to the Qur'an, and go at YOUR pace.

Allahu alam.

Scottish Celt
04-20-2017, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

Stay away from ISIS people, they WILL cause you misery, and do not try to argue with them, and do not take advice from them.

They will confuse you, so stay far away from them. Keep listening to the Qur'an, and go at YOUR pace.

Allahu alam.
thanks brother,..dont worry I will,im a peacefull person with a family,so they will be avoided.

Simple_Person
04-20-2017, 08:14 PM
Yes,i totally agree with everything you have said,i am just starting out my knowledge is basic tbf,but I will learn more & more through time at my own pace,as you say,as long as I have good understanding of Islam,i will be more than happy with that,this is a new chapter in my life & no doubt there will be obstacles along the way
Remember giving up something for the sake of Allah, He will give you things in return that you will say i have given up 1 penny and i have got a Lamborghini in return. It is a AMAZING journey. It is going to be almost 4 years for me in'sha'Allah this august and it is as if i just have entered Islam because how ignorant i still am in many things. But that is the beauty of it, it is like eating something that you find delicious however often after some pieces you have enough of it. In case of Islam it is as if you constantly tasting your first piece although being a Muslim such a long time. Never ending journey. I have never seen, tasted or experienced such a journey.

Scottish Celt
04-20-2017, 08:28 PM
Remember giving up something for the sake of Allah, He will give you things in return that you will say i have given up 1 penny and i have got a Lamborghini in return. It is a AMAZING journey. It is going to be almost 4 years for me in'sha'Allah this august and it is as if i just have entered Islam because how ignorant i still am in many things. But that is the beauty of it, it is like eating something that you find delicious however often after some pieces you have enough of it. In case of Islam it is as if you constantly tasting your first piece although being a Muslim such a long time. Never ending journey. I have never seen, tasted or experienced such a journey.
I'm looking forward to it:D:thumbs_up

*charisma*
04-20-2017, 09:01 PM
Walaikum Assalaam

It's always nice to gain a new brother in Islam :D

Congrats, may Allah bless you and make your path to Him an easy one ameen.

Scottish Celt
04-20-2017, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Walaikum Assalaam

It's always nice to gain a new brother in Islam :D

Congrats, may Allah bless you and make your path to Him an easy one ameen.
thank you sister.

cinnamonrolls1
05-31-2017, 06:09 PM
Salam alykum! Mashallah on your reversion/conversion,thats truely amazing! I hope your doing well at tge moment and welcome to Islam! Cool to see another person from scotland!

Scottish Celt
05-31-2017, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Salam alykum! Mashallah on your reversion/conversion,thats truely amazing! I hope your doing well at tge moment and welcome to Islam! Cool to see another person from scotland!
thank you sister

lailathemuslim
09-06-2017, 12:17 AM
Assalaamu alaikum, welcome to Islam brother. May Allah bless you more and more with faith and guidance

glitterprincess
04-19-2018, 03:04 AM

I am so glad. welcome to the right pass i hope you find all the answers to all your questions but honestly i have so much respect for converts who converted to the truth even if there family, friends and so on tried to stop them. I hope you have a high place in jannah ameen

azc
04-19-2018, 04:40 AM
@Scottish Celt :

:wa: bro

Welcome to community and islamicboard.

May Allah swt bless you with happy life in both the worlds. Ameen

peacefulone
04-23-2018, 06:25 PM
May Allah continue to bless you with light of Islamic knowledge. Ameen.
How has your first year as a Muslim been? Can we have an update scottish celt?
In sha allah you are doing well and are still shining with light .

Have you had any difficulties this year ? Any problems with non muslim relatives or friends? Or have you been fortunate to have them accept you for who you are?
I am really interested to learn the experiences of other converts like myself.
salaam

Abdul C
06-14-2018, 11:03 PM
Hello Br. Just out if interest. At over a year since you reverted - how are you doing? ;D

Getting by
03-16-2019, 11:44 PM
Smash it out.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.