/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why did Islam take its symbols from earlier religions?

newthoughts
04-25-2017, 07:55 PM
Many of you know about the evidence that shows that the events and characters depicted in the Bible were actually taken from Pagan sources. But when I researched the history of Islam, I found a similar thing. Again and again evidence pops up showing beyond doubt that the supposedly "original" things depicted in Islamic writings appeared long before the existence of Islam. As with Christianity, there are too many instances for this to be coincidental.

For example, the Crescent Moon and Star and the 8-Pointed Star symbols were both Pagan before they were used in Islam:
[Link Removed]

Why do you think that this is, and why do you think that so many believers don't know about this? At first I wanted to dismiss this, but I keep reading and more and more of these similarities become obvious.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Good brother
04-25-2017, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by newthoughts
Again and again evidence pops up showing beyond doubt that the supposedly "original" things depicted in Islamic writings appeared long before the existence of Islam.
Welcome to the forum.

How on earth could the crescent moon and the star be depicted in "original" Islamic writings ?

The only function the moon plays in Islam is that it determines the Islamic lunar calendar.

In the 10th century, the Turks accepted Islam on their own will and conquered the Middle East. Within a few centuries, the Turks became extremely powerful and stretched an empire from the gates of Vienna, Austria, Russia all the way to Spain in the west. They brought into Islam their own free spirit, dynamism, Turkish culture, and superstitions as well. This is the origin of how the Crescent Moon & Star came into the Islamic world. These symbols have come to be mistakenly representative of Islam by Europeans.

Serinity
04-25-2017, 09:20 PM
Welcome to the forum,

There is no evidence to support that The crescent or the moon / star is part of Islam. There is no basis from Shariah that the Crescent has anything to do with Islam.

Allah :swt: created everything.

Allahu alam.

Zafran
04-25-2017, 09:21 PM
salaam

from the website called "exposing the lie of Islam" - not exactly reliable.

Islam is the religion of Abraham, Jesus, Moses, Muhammad pbuta etc etc. It is not new message. Its the message of Monotheism and one day we will have to answer to the one who made us on the day of judgement.

There is no symbol of Islam - the moon and crescent is a Turkish symbol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Futuwwa
04-25-2017, 10:57 PM
Did it ever occur to you that moons and stars, being such simple and obvious symbols to use (just look at the night sky!), could end up being adopted independently by many users?

Simple_Person
04-26-2017, 04:27 AM
I find this rather very illogical argument. Why? Some say for example oooh Islam has stolen the stories of the previous prophets from the Bible. Or some saying that the Ka'hba is a idol shrine used by idol worshippers.

If one would look from such a shallow perspective even I would say I 100% agree with you, but when looking deeper in this matter we know for example the complete story of the ka'hba from Adam(as) building it and Ibrahim (as) rebuilding it. So later on people making it a idol worship place. Which the origin of it self doesn't lie in idol worship but tawheed.

But yeah what can you do with so much knowledge available bUT nobody reading or even thinking for them selves. I guess for majority of us funny cat videos on Facebook are of more importance to keep the mind busy. Although sheytan is my enemy I must say he has done a very good job to keep people ignorant in times of knowledge being at our finger tips.

anatolian
04-26-2017, 05:08 AM
Crescent and star was used as a cultural symbol by many people in pre-Islamic period. Arabs, Turks, Persians, Mesopotamians, Romans and even Christian Byzantines. These people went on using it as a cultural symbol on may things after converting to Islam as well. But it was used on a masjeed for the first time by Seljuk Turks. Sultan Alparslan of Seljuks replaced the cross of the Church of the city of Ani with a crescent and converted the church to a masjeed after the conquest of Ani in 1064. Later on, Muslim folks adopted it as a symbol of Islam and used it on the masjeeds.

Bobbyflay23
04-26-2017, 05:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by newthoughts
Many of you know about the evidence that shows that the events and characters depicted in the Bible were actually taken from Pagan sources. But when I researched the history of Islam, I found a similar thing. Again and again evidence pops up showing beyond doubt that the supposedly "original" things depicted in Islamic writings appeared long before the existence of Islam. As with Christianity, there are too many instances for this to be coincidental.

For example, the Crescent Moon and Star and the 8-Pointed Star symbols were both Pagan before they were used in Islam:
[Link Removed]

Why do you think that this is, and why do you think that so many believers don't know about this? At first I wanted to dismiss this, but I keep reading and more and more of these similarities become obvious.
The prophet saw did not allow signs into this religion I believe it's not against the religion it's just murkooh (allah does not like the action but he doesn't prohibit it)so please don't attack us for stealing signs when the actual religion itself is against signs it's just people of religion just seemed to not care then religion itself had maintained its rules and no corruption but the people themselves who follow the religion arnt doing there part

greenhill
04-26-2017, 08:39 AM
As the discussion has predominantly talked about the masjid, my point of view this is simple. As a wandering stranger into lands not familiar with me, how would I find a masjid? I can obviously tell a church when I see one (despite the differences in architecture) from the cross. I would presume, the crescent is easily distinguishable as a moon as opposed to a full moon that could represent anything round, And why the moon? For reasons as stated.

Point to note is that we all as muslims DO NOT worship the moon. We do not even hold any value to it (or the stars for that matter) above anything else, like the sand, dust or even gold. It is just a moon..

So the crescent moon atop a building, be it square, runs or any shape, I am almost positive I can walk in to perform my prayers.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.