/* */

PDA

View Full Version : whole body is itching almost

Serinity
05-14-2017, 07:04 AM
:salam:

my body always itches after bath. It is like an allergic reaction where if I do not respond to the itching, it gets very uncomfortable.

I read around that prolonged baths (I am guilty of this) and warm water can cause this.

Any remedies?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zeal
05-14-2017, 07:26 AM
1. Take showers and only spend minimal tine inside

2. Rub olive oil all over your skin after you finish showering

3. Drink decent amount of water

Bobbyflay23
05-14-2017, 07:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

my body always itches after bath. It is like an allergic reaction where if I do not respond to the itching, it gets very uncomfortable.

I read around that prolonged baths (I am guilty of this) and warm water can cause this.

Any remedies?
Have you tried seeing a doctor you've complained about this because of wadu too

noraina
05-14-2017, 08:09 AM
Wa alaykum assalam,

It sounds like you might suffer from dry skin or a condition related to that.

After a shower try moisturising your skin well with something, as brother Zeal said olive oil is excellent for moisturising, as well as almond oil. Aloe vera gel is very soothing on the most stubborn itchy areas

And if that doesn't work you could always consult with a doctor in'sha'Allah. Dry skin can be a nightmare but it isn't too hard to treat.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bobbyflay23
05-14-2017, 08:10 AM
Yea I used to hade dry skin when I was a kid on my hands and it even got bloody ounce and it hurt allot for me it went away brother serenity do you know if your skin disease goes away after a while or not?

Serinity
05-14-2017, 08:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Yea I used to hade dry skin when I was a kid on my hands and it even got bloody ounce and it hurt allot for me it went away brother serenity do you know if your skin disease goes away after a while or not?
Idk, but I might be sensitive to water (skin-sensitive). it does go away, but if under water for too long it goes back to hwo it was. HOWEVER, my skin has greatly improved.

Since I now have a timer where I max use 2-3 minutes on wudhu.

Bobbyflay23
05-14-2017, 08:37 AM
Idk, but I might be sensitive to water (skin-sensitive)
Yea we arnt doctors you should seriously get checked up bro just make sure it's not a full check up you know where doctors grab you if you get that

piXie
05-14-2017, 09:44 AM

Any remedies?
:wasalamex

You need to treat the OCD brother, you r suffering a lot because of it.

Scimitar
05-17-2017, 08:13 PM

Any remedies?

Bathe with cool or room temp water, and don't use products that leech your skin of its natural oils.

I suffer the same.

Also, don't bathe every day, it's not necessary. And it wastes water. And water IS CORROSIVE - in case you didn't know, so be easy with it, not selfish with it.

Also, hot water is BAAAD for your skin.

Scimi

Serinity
05-17-2017, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Bathe with cool or room temp water, and don't use products that leech your skin of its natural oils.

I suffer the same.

Also, don't bathe every day, it's not necessary. And it wastes water. And water IS CORROSIVE - in case you didn't know, so be easy with it, not selfish with it.

Also, hot water is BAAAD for your skin.

Scimi
JazakAllah khayr, I will from now on bathe will cold water only.

Btw, how do I know the shampoo I use is leeching my skin? I will never use hot water again. my OCD is also a problem, especially in ghusl. But I have decreased my ghusl from 1 hour to 20-22 min, my goal is to decrease it to 10 min max.

Any tips?

Scimitar
05-18-2017, 08:24 PM
20 mins is too long bro. You are wasting water and time.

I shower for 3 minutes and i'm OUT. Shampoo? It's over rated. Use a mild shampoo like Johnsons and Johnsons baby shampoo - and use a tiny amout - otherwise that too will leech your hair of all its natural oils (which protect it).

Cold water is good and refreshing, and it wakes the body up!!! As well as relax it!!!

Hot water is not in the sunnah ;)

Scimi

Umm Abed
06-12-2017, 11:13 AM
Cold water is too cold, can use warm just.

I was also going to suggest baby shampoo.

And yes a bath should take about 5 minutes for a boy and a bit longer for a girl (depending on hair length etc, which needs extra care).

Huzaifah ibn Adam
06-12-2017, 09:02 PM
We learn from the Ahaadeeth that Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم used to use one Mudd of water for Wudhoo and one Saa` for Ghusl. A Mudd and Saa` were measurements used in those days.

One Mudd = +- 544ml.

One Saa` = 4 Mudd = +- 2.2lt.

That's 2.2lt of water for Ghusl. 2.2lt of water for a bath. These days, people spend 30 minutes in the shower. Some even spend up to 60 minutes in the shower, wasting water like Shayaateen. The average shower uses 8lt of water per minute. 8 x 30min = 240lt just for one person to shower. Compare that to the Sunnah of 2.2lt. How many people can bath using that 240lt of water, if they bath according to the Sunnah? Round about 109 people. Like a whole army.

The Sunnah is to bath using a bucket. Saves a lot of water.

So, try that. You don't have to bath every single day, with your condition. And when you do bath, use just the Sunnah amount of water, which is approx. 2.2lt of water.

May Allaah Ta`aalaa grant you Shifaa, Aameen.

والله تعالى أعلم

Huzaifah ibn Adam
06-12-2017, 09:09 PM
Also, another important point: it is mentioned in the Ahaadeeth that Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم would make haste when performing Ghusl. He wouldn't waste time. He would perform it fast.

والله تعالى أعلم

Serinity
06-12-2017, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Also, another important point: it is mentioned in the Ahaadeeth that Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم would make haste when performing Ghusl. He wouldn't waste time. He would perform it fast.

والله تعالى أعلم
SubhanAllah.

I have this thought "What if I miss some parts?" but that is waswass, right?

2.2lt SubhanAllah. Btw, I didn't know one should do haste in Ghusl.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
06-12-2017, 10:03 PM
Yes, it is Waswaas and should be ignored.

والله تعالى أعلم

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.