/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Any doctors here?? Knee pain

nk1997
05-24-2017, 02:51 AM
Assalamualaikum,

Just wanted opinions from others or to see if anyone else has this issue. I've found that when I get on my knees for sajdah, my knees click A LOT - literally so loud that anyone else in the room notices. I would've thought this was normal clicking, but this happens every single time I go down for sajdah and my knees are painful to bend, they hurt for about half an hour after salah as well.

I'm only 20 years old and decently healthy so when I spoke to my doctor about it she kind of laughed it off saying I'm too young for knee problems and it wasn't investigated, however my family has a history of arthritis and knee problems - my mum has severe arthritis in both knees and wrists and she's only 45! I guess that's another reason why I'm worried haha

Any advice as to what I should do? Should I go to a different doctor to see if they'd investigate it? And what about the pain and clicking, are there any ways to prevent it? It's interfering with my concentration, sometimes I end up rushing just to get up and straighten my legs :(

Jazak'Allah khayr!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zeal
05-24-2017, 04:24 PM
Wa alaykum salam

That is strange if it persists go to your doctor/gp again some of them don't like people using up their time. You have to be demanding and stubborn in life sometimes. So keep complaining. In the meantime eat lots of ginger as that's works good against arthiritis.

*charisma*
05-28-2017, 01:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nk1997
Assalamualaikum,

Just wanted opinions from others or to see if anyone else has this issue. I've found that when I get on my knees for sajdah, my knees click A LOT - literally so loud that anyone else in the room notices. I would've thought this was normal clicking, but this happens every single time I go down for sajdah and my knees are painful to bend, they hurt for about half an hour after salah as well.

I'm only 20 years old and decently healthy so when I spoke to my doctor about it she kind of laughed it off saying I'm too young for knee problems and it wasn't investigated, however my family has a history of arthritis and knee problems - my mum has severe arthritis in both knees and wrists and she's only 45! I guess that's another reason why I'm worried haha

Any advice as to what I should do? Should I go to a different doctor to see if they'd investigate it? And what about the pain and clicking, are there any ways to prevent it? It's interfering with my concentration, sometimes I end up rushing just to get up and straighten my legs :(

Jazak'Allah khayr!
I don't want to ask you anything personal :p but if you are overweight it could very well be that it's adding a lot of pressure on your knees. For some people, the clicking is normal. Although since you have a family history of arthritis, you should get it checked out. You're too young to have arthritis though, but you never know. Take natural anti-inflammatories, they may help you inshallah. In the meantime, it will help if you prayed on top of something more soft and cushiony, and maybe some knee massages and exercises might help strengthen the muscles and relax the pain. If it's still too painful, use a chair for sujuud until you can figure out what the issue is. May Allah grant you wellness ameen.

nk1997
05-28-2017, 03:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
I don't want to ask you anything personal :p but if you are overweight it could very well be that it's adding a lot of pressure on your knees. For some people, the clicking is normal. Although since you have a family history of arthritis, you should get it checked out. You're too young to have arthritis though, but you never know. Take natural anti-inflammatories, they may help you inshallah. In the meantime, it will help if you prayed on top of something more soft and cushiony, and maybe some knee massages and exercises might help strengthen the muscles and relax the pain. If it's still too painful, use a chair for sujuud until you can figure out what the issue is. May Allah grant you wellness ameen.
Jazak'Allah khayr for the info, I'm 128lbs don't know if that's classed as overweight? I

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
05-28-2017, 03:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nk1997
Jazak'Allah khayr for the info, I'm 128lbs don't know if that's classed as overweight? I
Wa iyakkum.

I don't think so unless you're reallyyyy short. In any case, I think the above can help. I still think you should see a dr. and perhaps check your vitamin levels such as calcium, vitD, etc as those can cause bone problems and inflammation as well if they are low. Did the women in your family have arthritis at a young age??

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.