/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Praying ?

deemos85
06-04-2017, 10:18 AM
Salam

I have not prayed in 31 years and have not fully learned how. I am trying to make changes in my life but every time i decide to do something I do not follow through, So i hope this time is different.

I don't know how to complete Salah, but i do know a bit of it, If i still pray while I am learning would my prayer still be accepted ?

Thank you for any help in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
06-04-2017, 11:30 AM
Walaikum Asalaam

You should have the following memorized:

*Al fatiha
*Any short surah from the quran OR any consecutive verses from a longer surah
*A second short surah from the quran OR any consecutive verses from a longer surah
*Atahiyaat (click here)
*Atashahuud (click here)

This is the bulk of the salaah. After that, it should be easy to complete salaah inshallah. I will post some more information about that soon inshallah.

*charisma*
06-04-2017, 11:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by deemos85
I don't know how to complete Salah, but i do know a bit of it, If i still pray while I am learning would my prayer still be accepted ?
Of course your prayers will be accepted inshallah.

Please look through the following thread. Learn How to Pray & FAQ

deemos85
06-05-2017, 02:17 PM
I know Surah Al fatihah, if i start praying would that be ok or do i need to know it fully ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
06-10-2017, 03:16 AM
I know Surah Al fatihah, if i start praying would that be ok or do i need to know it fully ?
Asalaamu Alaikum brother.

For recent converts, the scholars explain that the following must be kept in mind:

The obligatory (fard) recitation is only one verse of the Qur’an. It is necessary (wajib) to recite the Fatiha and the equivalent of 3 short verses in any two rakats of the prayer. It is also necessary to make this necessary recitation in the first two rakats. [Durr]

The necessary (wajib) may be omitted for legally-valid excuses, which include one being a new Muslim.

As such, they should ideally be told to recite a short verse (e.g. “Qul Huwa Allahu Ahad”), which most are able to do. It would be necessary for them to take reasonable means to learn that which is necessary (wajib) to recite. Until then, they would be legally excused from having to recite the Fatiha or anything else.

Source: http://islamqa.org/hanafi/qibla-hanafi/35467

Are you in touch with your local Masjid and do they run any courses for new Muslims a or do you know anyothers who are or can teach you the correct manner of praying Salah and other aspects of Islam?

Short video clip on how to pray Salah:

https://youtu.be/yq5Nv2-ZKXA

I hope that helped. If you require anything else then ease do not hesitate to ask us.

deemos85
06-10-2017, 09:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Asalaamu Alaikum brother.

For recent converts, the scholars explain that the following must be kept in mind:

The obligatory (fard) recitation is only one verse of the Qur’an. It is necessary (wajib) to recite the Fatiha and the equivalent of 3 short verses in any two rakats of the prayer. It is also necessary to make this necessary recitation in the first two rakats. [Durr]

The necessary (wajib) may be omitted for legally-valid excuses, which include one being a new Muslim.

As such, they should ideally be told to recite a short verse (e.g. “Qul Huwa Allahu Ahad”), which most are able to do. It would be necessary for them to take reasonable means to learn that which is necessary (wajib) to recite. Until then, they would be legally excused from having to recite the Fatiha or anything else.

Source: http://islamqa.org/hanafi/qibla-hanafi/35467

Are you in touch with your local Masjid and do they run any courses for new Muslims a or do you know anyothers who are or can teach you the correct manner of praying Salah and other aspects of Islam?

Short video clip on how to pray Salah:

https://youtu.be/yq5Nv2-ZKXA

I hope that helped. If you require anything else then ease do not hesitate to ask us.

Brother,

Im not a new muslim, Im trying to come back to ALLAH SWT. I know inshallah i will be able to do it now.

Hamza Asadullah
06-10-2017, 01:54 PM
Brother,

Im not a new muslim, Im trying to come back to ALLAH SWT. I know inshallah i will be able to do it now.
It still applies to those who do not know the prayer. Almighty Allah is giving you hidaayah (guidance) to go towards him and ask of him for his mercy and forgiveness so that he may forgive you and bring you closer to him. He does not guide all so grab this opportunity with everything you have and thank him abundantly.

There is nothing in this world or in our lives better than pleasing our creator and being close to him.

Please remember us in your Dua's too.

greenhill
06-10-2017, 03:59 PM
It is never too late (until the hour has arrived) ..

I think what you went through and going through and will go through is a reflection of quite a large segment(s) of the muslim population. Many are born into islam but know very little of it. Even more alarming is the fusion of customs into religion and practiced at the point of death!

Coming back to the OP, I find the real reason for our lax in performing the fard prayers boils down to Satan. I noticed that I naturally (almost) would recoil at doing anything that is to do with religion. It is almost like a magnets opposing each other. How come?And everything that is opposite becomes like magnets opposite where it is impossible (almost) to pull apart. Why is that? It cannot be my natural disposition.

And prayers is something really hard to do for me for a long time. Maybe longer than you.

But when I broke it all down, i realised that the 5 pillars of Islam requires everything once, except the 5 daily fard. That was the hardest. I could not establish them in a regular fashion or become consistent and I also had to learn, relearn, relearn again and at one stage even forgot how to read the Quran except for the few verses I memorised.

To cut a long story short, one day, I came across a guy who approached me and said (this was during of of those times I was trying to establish prayers and was hanging around those who regularly attended prayers) "if someone calls you mid morning and asks you what are you doing? Tell him that you are waiting for Zuhr, and if someone calls you after Zuhr and asks you what you are doing tell him you are waiting for Asr ...." and he kept on until of course Isya. With that he bade me farewell and I left for home thinking, what? I am not going to be telling people that! But by the time I got home, a little seed was planted in me. That seed made me look ahead at the next prayer time and have me plan my activities until that moment arrived. I kind of started to look forward them.

For sure it is so much better than to suddenly realise that it is already time and there is not much time left and you still have tons todo and all the excuses why you cannot pray now.

It has been many years now and I still look forward to them. Hope it helps you.

:peace:

azc
06-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Salam

I have not prayed in 31 years and have not fully learned how. I am trying to make changes in my life but every time i decide to do something I do not follow through, So i hope this time is different.

Thank you for any help in advance.
:wa:

If you spend some time with tabligi jamat, you can learn salah quickly.

Hamza Asadullah
07-01-2017, 01:31 AM
Brother,

:sl:

How's it going with your prayers?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.