/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Narcissistic mother - how do I deal??

anonymous
06-17-2017, 06:39 PM
So my mother is one and I need to know how do deal with her because it is very bad for my imaan and all that - and don't tell me don't argue like I don't know - its just difficult

I need to know things like how do defuse/diffuse the argument :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm♥Layth
06-17-2017, 09:21 PM
Assuming that you are right and it isn't YOU who is the narcissist, you have to understand that with a narcissist, you just don't play into their game. Simple. It requires alot of discipline because even when you don't play, they will find a way to twist things around to make it about themselves someway somehow.

AbdurRahman.
06-17-2017, 09:54 PM
when she starts an argument, just move away from her, or listen to some nasheeds on earphones and she can talk to your 'blocked ears'! :Emoji48:

anonymous
06-17-2017, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm♥Layth
Assuming that you are right and it isn't YOU who is the narcissist, you have to understand that with a narcissist, you just don't play into their game. Simple. It requires alot of discipline because even when you don't play, they will find a way to twist things around to make it about themselves someway somehow.
Hmm OK

I am right because I'm far from the only one saying it.

Anyway, I've been going on YouTube to learn methods on dealing with narcissists and some really do help out - and get her to stop the arguments.

:jz: for The advice I will really keep it in mind

I'd also like some practical advice also like giving the narcissist the center of attention by complimenting them or telling them that you understand that's the way they feel even when they're wrong and that you may be sorry they feel like that.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
06-17-2017, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
when she starts an argument, just move away from her, or listen to some nasheeds on earphones and she can talk to your 'blocked ears'! :Emoji48:
If only it were that simple

Umm♥Layth
06-18-2017, 04:36 AM
Dealing with a narcissist is no walk in the park. It is far beyond an argumentative person. I don't think that making them the center of attention will do you any good because even then, they will find a reason to pick an argument, victimize themselves or create some sort of drama. My best piece of advice is to not take ANYTHING they say to heart. Work on yourself and don't worry about her. Learn to shield yourself and avoid confrontation at all costs. I'm only suggesting this because it is your mother. You still have to respect her and treat her kindly, regardless of what mental issues she may or may not have.

Also, be extra careful you don't end up choosing a spouse like this, then you'll really be in trouble. I'm not even joking.

Umm Abed
06-19-2017, 10:21 AM
Take her to a raqi for check-up, that is if its even possible! But you should try.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.