/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mataf bridge

keiv
06-18-2017, 11:42 AM
So what was this all about and why was it demolished after such a short time? I tried to search about it and kept finding it labeled as a temporary structure.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
06-18-2017, 01:18 PM
:sl:

According to the official statement of Masjidil Haram, that mataf bridge was indeed just temporary bridge that assembled while waiting the Masjidil Haram expansion project finished. Now the new area for tawaf has been finished, and the mataf bridge disassembled because no longer needed.

AabiruSabeel
06-18-2017, 02:28 PM
:salam:

The Mataf bridge was a temporary structure constructed in 2013 and dismantled in 2016. During that time, the external area was being renovated and this bridge helped people perform Tawaf. Below is an old picture from around 2014 and it shows the circular bridge in the center. One side of Masjid Al-Haraam was still under construction at the time of this picture.

June 2014:

September 2015:

This picture shows part of the renovated area:

This video illustrates the Mataf expansion work

Now that the external expansion work is almost complete and open for Tawaf, the temporary bridge was no longer needed and it has been dismantled.

keiv
06-18-2017, 02:44 PM
Ah ok I thought they were leaving it that way. I'm actually glad they didn't

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hamza shareef
07-17-2017, 12:19 PM
ماشاء اللہ تعالٰی

Sent from my SM-T230 using IslamicBoard mobile app

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.