/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is wasting time haram?

ahmed.younes
06-19-2017, 03:51 PM
Salam alaikum wa rahmtulah wa barakatuh

I was wondering what you guys' opinion would be on wasting time on stuff like video games (1-2 hours a day) that have no benefit for this dunya or the hereafter. Keep in mind I have recently started practicing islam seriously and it would be hard for me to completely abandon my social standards suddenly if that makes sense, but i do all my fards, sunnah and thikr on time alhumdilah.
Jazakumallah khairan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
06-19-2017, 05:30 PM
It changes from Mubah, Makruh to Haram depending on the result.

ardianto
06-19-2017, 05:49 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Wasting time in the sense of "using time that can be used for something productive by laziness" is not haram. But it will be bad for yourself because you have thrown away the opportunity to achieve better achievement.

About playing video games. If this is your choice as a recreational activity that will keep you refreshed and ready to perform productive activities again, it's fine. Everyone needs recreation. But the important thing is you have to manage the time. How much time you should use for something productive, and how much time you can spend on recreational activities. And, .... do not let the activities you do disturb your prayer time.

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.