/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How are Muslims encouraged to treat pigs?

Amor101
07-16-2017, 07:26 PM
:sl:

How are Muslims encouraged to treat pigs?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
07-16-2017, 08:02 PM
I found this:

March 11, 2017
I know eating pork is prohibited in Islam. What should be our attitude towards pigs as animals? Should we avoid seeing them in zoos/farms, watching documentaries about them, playing with toy pig figures, or watching animated shows which feature pigs?

Pigs, like all other animals, are creations of God. We are not supposed to treat them in any manner different than other animals. The only thing that Islam explicitly teaches is that pigs are prohibited to eat and that their saliva/sweat is impure and must be washed off after touching them.

There are no other instructions from God or the Prophet Muhammad which teach us to treat pigs differently than other animals. It is neither prohibited to look at them, touch them, or study them.

It may be argued that developing a dislike for pigs can have a beneficial psychological effect on Muslims and help to ensure that they maintain the Islamic rulings concerning the prohibition of eating pigs and their impurity. However, this point is open to discussion and hatred for pigs may have negative consequences on the psychology of Muslims as well.

Allah knows best,
Imam Mustafa Umar

http://www.calislamic.com/2017/03/11...toy-pig-figur/

Zafran
07-16-2017, 11:56 PM
salaam

we dont eat them - so the pig lives.......unlike the other animals.

peace

Aaqib
07-17-2017, 12:47 AM
I kinda would touch a pig.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
07-17-2017, 04:33 AM
How did Jesus deal with them?

AbdurRahman.
07-17-2017, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
salaam

we dont eat them - so the pig lives.......unlike the other animals.

peace
hey never thought of it that way!!!, so by not eating them were being merciful to them sort of right? :D

Abz2000
07-18-2017, 07:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
hey never thought of it that way!!!, so by not eating them were being merciful to them sort of right? :D
They have vital organs which are very similar to those of humans so they do often get used as spare parts, there used to be an old saying about people wearing skins of sheep over hearts of wolves, but it turns out that wolves hearts don't work properly in humans.

But that's a subject of fiqh and Allah knows if it would be worth discussing deeper here.

Apparently 2,000 of them were killed and used to save humans last time in a different way.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/se...e-personality/

http://www.medicaldaily.com/can-orga...rms-yes-247498

Hmmmmm, the term: "we be legion" from a "large group" of evil spirits transferred to pigs raises questions about sexual preferences too.

Bhabha
07-26-2017, 01:58 PM
Pigs like the cute little pink animals that go oink? Or pigs.. as in humans who over consume, waste food and litter?

Which do we treat in a nicer way? I think the ones that go oink, who haven't done anything wrong. :)

STN
07-28-2017, 08:05 PM
Pigs are disgusting, playing in their filth - they are very filthy animals. More so than any other.

Last year before Eid-ul-Azha, we had a goat for few days and i loved it. One of the habits i noticed it had SubhanAllah was it would rub the ground where it would sit or lay down with its feet then and only then would it sit. Without forgetting, without error, it would do this every time i would make it stand then when it would go sit.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.