/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Post likes

STN
07-20-2017, 10:09 PM
Can they be disabled ? Or at least for me?

The reason for this is we post to help the non-Muslims and others on matters we have knowledge of for the sake of Allah only, to guide people to truth and not to get praised.

Despite this, it is easy to want appreciation and likes and i find myself sometimes wondering who liked my post when i get notifications which i am afraid might be the cause of "showoff" or seeking praise from others which makes our good deeds useless.

I understand some people want them and is a way to keep interest of some members who might even participate more for this so maybe disable it just for me? so i can't get the satisfactions or even get any thoughts about it. Not sure if VB allows disabling it for some individuals, maybe my rep can be in negatives and not increasable or hidden.

Thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
07-21-2017, 03:30 AM
:sl:

We have added this functionality now. To change the options, go to your user profile settings and click on General Settings, scroll down to find the option for Show Likes button and stats and select No if you to hide them. We have already updated your options for you.

Abz2000
07-21-2017, 05:48 AM
It is an excellent idea to have the ability to hide ones own received likes due to fear of riya, although as humans, it is natural to be pleased at seeing the fruits of one's good deeds on others, as long as that feedback system isn't used to falsely engineer and manipulate neg or pos public opinion.

SeekersElite
08-10-2017, 05:31 AM
You need not pay any attention to it as you are posting to help others but not show off. Show off comes in when your intention changes. I will like you to read this post for more information on show off.

45 EXAMPLES OF RIYA (SHOW-OFF) IN ISLAM EVERY MUSLIM SHOULD AVOID

Jazakallah Khairan Katheeran
:sl:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.