/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice on how to approach daughter to eating halal

Stoic
08-26-2017, 02:06 AM
So I have a step daughter now and she's use to eating outside meat like burger king etc. I want to tell her how and why we should only eat halal I don't how and what to say besides you can't eat that.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
happymuslim
08-26-2017, 02:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Stoic
So I have a step daughter now and she's use to eating outside meat like burger king etc. I want to tell her how and why we should only eat halal I don't how and what to say besides you can't eat that.
Buy halal meat [emoji491] season it so good so that it taste blessed, or go online and try to remake those recipes at home, I started eating halal so I found out how to make Big Macs and eventually they sold the secret sauce for the burger [emoji488] so I eat foods like the ones outside but make it at home. Homemade tacos instead of Taco Bell, homemade poutine, frozen onion rings (I suck at making them from scratch [emoji53]). So inshallah you'll benefit from this.

talibilm
08-26-2017, 08:02 AM
:sl:

explain her that all our ibadha with our great efforts & money are not valid untill forty days when we eat haram. eve halal cut chicken if the source is doubtful you have to utter bismiilahi Allahu Akbar before eating it.

*charisma*
08-27-2017, 03:41 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

You can first explain how the treatment of animals in Islam should be. Animals are living creatures and should be treated kindly and fed food which is suited for them. The environment they live in should also be suitable for them and not crowded and miserable. Fast food does not take into account the treatment of animals. They just want to produce food for large masses, in which case, animals are raised in bad conditions and their lives go to waste (eg. chickens are killed if they are male since male chickens can't lay eggs). In Islam food is not to be wasted so every sacrifice or animal that is slaughtered is taken into account and animals in general should not be killed unless there's a valid reason for it. Lastly you can explain the sunnah of slaughtering the animal such as how Allah's name is to be said on it, sharp knife to be used, and how it should not be slaughtered with other animals witnessing it, etc. Fast food is also in general unhealthy due to the chemicals and additives they add to it.

You can prepare beef patties, cook them, and freeze them and they can be reheated and used as "fast food" in the home for a quick meal.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.