08-30-2017, 07:48 PM
The Blessed Day of Arafat Worship Plan Reply
The best day of the entire year is upon us - The blessed day of Arafat!
10 things we can do to make the best of the Blessed Day of Arafat:
Out of 365 days in a year, the day of Arafat has been singled out to be the best day of all. Even better than any day of Ramadan. Therefore we cannot possibly afford to miss out on the immense rewards that are available on this most special day. This is a day where we can change our lives forever & get closer to Allah & gain forgiveness for an entire lifetime of sins:
The Prophet (SallAllaahu Alayhi wa sallam) said: "There is no day when Allah sets free more slaves from the Fire than the day of 'Arafat. He (Allaah) draws near, then He boasts about them before the Angels and says: 'What do these people want?'" (Muslim)
It is a day when the reward of good deeds are increased significantly. For eg. If there was a sale on where everything was buy 1 get 70 free you would see people queuing for miles and even trampling on each other to get such a deal. But in reality the day of Arafat is far more valuable than this. So we should grab as much as we can on this blessed day!
The following is a worship plan for the day of Arafat:
1. Intend to fast on this special day: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was asked about fasting on the day of Arafah. He replied, "Fasting on the day of Arafat is an expiation (for sins) for the preceding year and the following year...[Muslim]
SubhanAllah! Refer to your local Masjid prayer timetable to for Suhur (When Fajr begins) and Iftaar (When Maghrib begins) times.
2. Prepare food for Suhur before sleeping and sleep early in order to awaken a little earlier for the Tahajjud prayer. Surely Allah listens to the prayers of those who ask of him in the depths of the night when most people are asleep.
Ensure you eat something for Suhoor as there is a blessing during this time, even if it is a date, and then pray Tahajjud & intense Dua until Fajr begins.
3. Pray the 5 prayers on time - In congregation at the Masjid for men.
4. Pray the 12 Rakah Sunnah's on this day - For a reward of a palace in Jannah! ( 2 Rakah Sunnah - Fajr, 4 & 2 Rakah Sunnah - Dhuhur, 2 Rakah Sunnah - Maghrib & 2 Rakah Sunnah - Isha)
5. Pray many Nawafil (Voluntary) prayers as much as possible on this day particularly Tahajjud which is the best Nawafil prayer - 2-8 Rakah just before Fajr begins, 2 - 8 Rakah Nawafil Salaatul Duha between 20 mins after sunrise until before Dhuhur begins, 2 Rakah Nawafil in Dhuhur, 2 Rakah Nawafil in Maghrib, 2 Rakah in Isha & 2 Rakah Nawafil in Isha. 2 Rakah Nawafil after every Wudu & 2 Rakah Nawafil whenever at the Masjid.
6. Recite the following constantly during this blessed day no matter what you are doing: Subhanallah, Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar, La ilaha ilallah.
Make a target of reciting at least 1000 each or however many is realistic for you. While doing so think of what you are saying and also contemplate on the greatness of Allah.
7. Recite the Quran as much as possible. Make a target for yourself. Three Juz (chapter), two, one, half a Juz, or even a page.
8. Make much Dua on this blessed day:
The day of Arafaat is the day of Dua. We should make a pre prepared list of what we want to ask Allah on this auspicious day.
The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "The best du'aa is du'aa of the day of 'Arafah...(Tirmidhi)
Repent and thank Allah and ask of him your hearts desires, needs and wants. Make sure you make the most of the blessed times to make Dua which are 20-30 minutes before Fajr begins & 20-30 minutes before Maghrib begins.
9. Give much Charity as much as you canafford on this day - whether it is £1000, £500, £250 £100, £50, £25, £10 or whatever change you have. If you have not given Qurbani yet then there is no better time than on this blessed day:
10. Take every opportunity to do good deeds on this blessed day whether it is by serving your parents, being good to your neighbours, being the best towards other people no matter how they are towards you solely to please Allah.
Good manners & character are the heaviest on the good deed scales so be the best person you can be. Even a smile to your fellow Muslim or moving an object from the path is reward. Every act can be a reward with good intentions and sincerity.
Please forward to as many people as you can so all can benefit from this as it will be a great reward for anyone who acts upon this.
So let us make the best of this most blessed day. Remember there is no guarantee we will be alive tomorrow let alone next year. So if you want to make life changes and get closer to Allah then there is no better time to do so than now. Our enemy satan only wants us to keep putting off these changes until death takes us when it will be too late.
May Allah enable us to make the best of this blessed day and make it a means for us to change our lives for the better forever by making us fully immerse into the deen and to get closer to him. Ameen
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.
When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.