/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How much can you sin and still call yourself a muslim?

YuiMing
09-16-2017, 02:12 PM
I am a muslim and I do believe in islam. I've sinned a lot, I've [...], I also suffer depression, anxiety and tried to kill myself once last year (don't plan on doing that again though). And at times doubt my religion due to an inconsistency which confuses me. Can I even still call myself a muslim? I've stopped the drugs, I won't be able to stop the girlfriend part, I love her too much. And I will always be pro gay rights. But after so much sinning, can I still call myself a muslim, even though I do believe in it genuinely. Thanks a lot guys

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
09-16-2017, 02:49 PM
Im not sure.

I have been asked if i am muslim several times over the past 3 years.. even though i am brown and have a beard.. and sometimes wear a hat.
...Although its ALWAYS been by customers who have been refused a discount.

Strange days.

If i could do it for the love, maybe things would have been different.

..as it is.. i cant even make rent.

So yeah.. i dont know.

Whats your inconsistency?

Mine is seeing a women who i thought was poor.. so i said i dont have change and gave for free.

The next time she came to take, with a friend and said she dont have any change.

Comfused i was.

O_O

...i think i may be money laundering..

The amount of change i give.

Love is a very strong word.

I dont know how to help these people and they dont know how to help me lol.

But it is written either way..

The ones that do, already do.

*charisma*
09-16-2017, 03:53 PM
Assalamu ALaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by YuiMing
I am a muslim and I do believe in islam. I've sinned a lot, I've [...], I also suffer depression, anxiety and tried to kill myself once last year (don't plan on doing that again though). And at times doubt my religion due to an inconsistency which confuses me. Can I even still call myself a muslim? I've stopped the drugs, I won't be able to stop the girlfriend part, I love her too much. And I will always be pro gay rights. But after so much sinning, can I still call myself a muslim, even though I do believe in it genuinely. Thanks a lot guys

You're not a perfect Muslim, but you're still a Muslim. You need to make some changes in your life, which I think you already know. You do have a lot of weaknesses, yes, you are sinning, and you may not be knowledgable enough about your religion, but putting Allah first, learning, and taking it day by day will make everything else fall into place and will absolutely improve your life. You don't cease being Allah's servant just because you sin, so serve Him (not your inner demons) until you can look at your current situation and know that you've overcome it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.