/* */

PDA

View Full Version : whether jummah prayer could be conducted in a place which is not Masjid

nayeem
10-18-2017, 05:31 AM
Every week we gather in an auditorium/large classroom to learn Quranic Arabic grammar before Jummah prayer, for jummah prayer we need to take 2 hours break as jummah prayers are conducted in delayed time in the local masjids. Could we conduct the jummah prayer at the auditorium/classroom premise on time and then again continue the Arabic Grammar classes after jummah ? Moreover local masjids do not conduct any Quranic Arabic grammar courses. We need to rent a place to carry such class.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
10-18-2017, 06:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nayeem
Every week we gather in an auditorium/large classroom to learn Quranic Arabic grammar before Jummah prayer, for jummah prayer we need to take 2 hours break as jummah prayers are conducted in delayed time in the local masjids. Could we conduct the jummah prayer at the auditorium/classroom premise on time and then again continue the Arabic Grammar classes after jummah ? Moreover local masjids do not conduct any Quranic Arabic grammar courses. We need to rent a place to carry such class.
Why not start a local campaign and ask the communities to ask the mosques in a nice way? Ritualism in absence of spirit or understanding is a bit like half-hearted lip service and feels fake. It's a duty of the mosque to teach people to understand the Quran and as a community you can ask the commities with confidence.

Re your q, i've seen it before, best to wait for a scholar to respond, though i do believe i read that it must be open to anyone in the Muslim community for it to be considered jumu'ah - but obviously you have to look at the circumstances.

Supernova
10-18-2017, 01:52 PM
Asalaamualaykum
Just to Clarify:
1. Are you in school ? University? - What is your age ?

It would help me simplify the answer.
Wasalaam.

talibilm
10-19-2017, 01:21 AM
:sl:

Yes Jummah must be held where ever there is a minimum Quorum (members) of Muslims are present . this minimum number i 've forgot where are different by hanafi and Shafi imaam . If not held its a sin on all Muslims living there.

But the must for the jumma is the Qutba or Sermon. The sermon must contains few sentences of Hadith in Arabic and few verses of the Kalamullah with a mid break.

I am not a Scholar but am writing from my feeble memory JUST FOR AN INDICATION so that you will start performing your jumma immediately (if yor are few brothers there in any clean place ) THOUGH if you commit some mistakes there, No problem (than missing it) since Allah Sees OUR INTENTION FIRST.

PROOF OF INTENTION IS OUR AMAL OR ACTION.

Lets wait for knowledgeable person to most on this matter, inshallah

@HuzifaIbnAdam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nayeem
10-19-2017, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Asalaamualaykum
Just to Clarify:
1. Are you in school ? University? - What is your age ?

It would help me simplify the answer.
Wasalaam.
It is an informal Quran study circle for mostly elderly people. 30 to 80 people gathers every week in a venue to learn Quranic Arabic Grammar and Oral Translations

Supernova
10-19-2017, 04:03 PM
It is an informal Quran study circle for mostly elderly people. 30 to 80 people gathers every week in a venue to learn Quranic Arabic Grammar and Oral Translations
Asalaamualaykum
Ok - I understand the predicament now.

Firstly, Jummuah can be prayed at any time during the restriction of Zuhr period. (In other words up to and very close to Asr).
Most Musjids stipulate the time of Jummuah so that it is easiest for the largest number of Musalis to attend as a convenience. So the only time you can claim that the Jummuah of the Musjid is "delayed" is if it falls outside the permissible period OR the number attending the most local Musjid to you is less than your number attending. In other words you have an average turn out of 40 and their turn out is 10 then they clearly haven't taken the masses into consideration in that locality.

On the other hand - you have to realize that between your classes and praying Jummuah - the Jummuah takes precedence over your Quran Classes. Should the local Musjid shift their timing for you - then what would happen if another group like yours is formed and now needs the time changed again?

So before considering whether you can do an isolated Jummuah in your hall - you first need to ascertain your Class time in comparison with the local Jummuah time.

I am assuming that your local class group time was established after the local Musjid Time - hence making your group second in choosing. If your group had established this time AFTER the establishment of the local Musjids time - then frankly, you have brought the problem upon yourselves.

If any Musjid changes their time for your group - as moral as that gesture might be, the fact is that they just opened the possibility for future groups to come forward with the same predicament.

If you disagree with me, consider this: You go ahead and pray Jummuah on your own - what would happen if another group elsewhere in the town starts doing the same thing. It would snowball into lesser Musalis attending Jummah at Musjids...thereby begging the inevitable question : Why did these groups establish their times in the first place.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.