/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My struggle

seek3r
10-23-2017, 10:24 AM
Hello,

This is my first post here, so I would like to introduce myself. I was raised Catholic, but I quit religion as a teenager (but I had few periods of belief or in general interest in religion after that time, but short-lived). Right now I'm not affiliated religiously, I feel that I want to believe and I am very interested in Islam.

Can you please provide me with any guidance how to strengthen my belief in rational way (I am very fact-oriented and sceptical, I have been atheist for years now)? What are your best arguments for belief in Allah and following Islam specifically?

I am looking forward to your replies.

Cheers,
David

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
10-23-2017, 10:27 PM
Welcome to the forum David.

A good YouTube video to watch would be "The Purpose of Life" by Jeffrey Lang. It's about 90 mins short. ha ha.

Do let me know what you think and your comments on it and we can go from there?

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

eesa the kiwi
10-24-2017, 02:15 AM
Welcome

Have a look at this site www.islamreligion.com they have a bunch of good articles about Islam and a live chat q&a for you to ask questions

Alternatively post your queries here inshaAllah you'll find us a friendly bunch

*charisma*
10-28-2017, 08:05 PM
@seek3r ,

Welcome to the forum.

One compelling thing about Islam is the duty to be connected Allah 5x a day. The prayer in itself is very unique because it builds brotherhood, improves self-awareness/reflection, and elevates humility/humbleness.

What interested you in Islam??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
10-28-2017, 08:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seek3r
Hello,

This is my first post here, so I would like to introduce myself. I was raised Catholic, but I quit religion as a teenager (but I had few periods of belief or in general interest in religion after that time, but short-lived). Right now I'm not affiliated religiously, I feel that I want to believe and I am very interested in Islam.

Can you please provide me with any guidance how to strengthen my belief in rational way (I am very fact-oriented and sceptical, I have been atheist for years now)? What are your best arguments for belief in Allah and following Islam specifically?

Cheers,
David
Some people say god is nothing.

Some people say god is everything.

..as long as you find somewhere comfortable to sit..or stand.. in the middle you will be ok.

Allah swt guide you to a contentment in the truth.

...i have no idea how your endeavours will be accepted.

Supernova
10-28-2017, 09:47 PM
Hello,

Cheers,
David
Welcome David
Before we move on - I suggest you change your profile Status - it still says Christianity whilst you claim to be an atheist.

rozyred
10-29-2017, 10:54 AM
Salam. And welcome.

Following is another video you can check on Youtube.

https://youtu.be/97GFujVTk4k

seek3r
10-29-2017, 11:02 AM
Thank you all for your replies, I'm visiting my family right now. I will respond soon.

Cheers,
David

Sent from my NEM-L21 using IslamicBoard mobile app

Hamza Asadullah
12-02-2017, 05:32 AM
Thank you all for your replies, I'm visiting my family right now. I will respond soon.

Cheers,
David

Sent from my NEM-L21 using IslamicBoard mobile app
Greetings,

Please look into the following thread and let us know what you think:

The Qur'an: A true miracle that can only be from God

If you need any help, advice or anything else then please do not hesitate to ask.

Umm Malik
12-02-2017, 08:58 PM
the thing I can tell you about Islam is the Quran
every day advises
it healing for heart and mind
it power of changing
everything about the Quran have something in my life

وَكَذَٰلِكَ أَوْحَيْنَآ إِلَيْكَ رُوحًا مِّنْ أَمْرِنَا ۚ مَا كُنتَ تَدْرِى مَا ٱلْكِتَٰبُ وَلَا ٱلْإِيمَٰنُ وَلَٰكِن جَعَلْنَٰهُ نُورًا
نَّهْدِى بِهِۦ مَن نَّشَآءُ مِنْ عِبَادِنَا ۚ وَإِنَّكَ لَتَهْدِىٓ إِلَىٰ صِرَٰطٍۢ مُّسْتَقِيمٍ

And thus We have revealed to you an inspiration of Our command You did not know what is the Book or [what is] faith but We have made it a light by which We guide whom We will of Our servants And indeed [O Muhammad] you guide to a straight path -

alhamdulillah..
may Allah guide you and help you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.