/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice and support

Sophie_1
11-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Hey,
im currently wanting to revert to Islam but I don’t have anyone to talk to about it to anyone to support or guide me, I did look for sister circles in my area but had no luck, I would really like to get to know some of you and get every bit of help and advice for you. I’d love to learn from you guys at the moment I’m a beginner at it all.

thank you in advance :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cptn._.Mario
11-09-2017, 03:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sophie_1
Hey,
im currently wanting to revert to Islam but I don’t have anyone to talk to about it to anyone to support or guide me, I did look for sister circles in my area but had no luck, I would really like to get to know some of you and get every bit of help and advice for you. I’d love to learn from you guys at the moment I’m a beginner at it all.

Hello!

To become a muslim, all you have to do is say the shahdah (testimony).

“ASH-HADU ANLA ELAHA ILLA-ALLAH WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMADAN RASUL-ALLAH”.

Which means

“I bear witness that there is no deity (none truly to be worshipped) but, Allah, and I bear witness that Mohammad is the messenger of Allah.”

Where are you from? There could be sister reverts around whom you've yet to find, or perhaps an international whatsapp group for revert sisters?

Take it slow, prayers etc. It's ok to learn slowly and take things one step at a time. Don't be overwhelmed.

Sophie_1
11-09-2017, 06:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cptn._.Mario
Hello!

To become a muslim, all you have to do is say the shahdah (testimony).

“ASH-HADU ANLA ELAHA ILLA-ALLAH WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMADAN RASUL-ALLAH”.

Which means

“I bear witness that there is no deity (none truly to be worshipped) but, Allah, and I bear witness that Mohammad is the messenger of Allah.”

Where are you from? There could be sister reverts around whom you've yet to find, or perhaps an international whatsapp group for revert sisters?

Take it slow, prayers etc. It's ok to learn slowly and take things one step at a time. Don't be overwhelmed.
Thank you so much for replying, so you know of any sister whatsapp groups? Also I’m from Kent (UK) if you or anyone know of any sister groups or whatsapp groups I could join please let me know

eesa the kiwi
11-09-2017, 09:02 AM
Have a look at this site www.islamreligion.com it's a good resource to learn a little about Islam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zzz_
11-10-2017, 11:01 PM
have you tried facebook? you can find local muslim groups and sisters groups on there.

adyiqbal
12-27-2017, 09:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
have you tried facebook? you can find local muslim groups and sisters groups on there.
Yes, I really tired from Facebook. There is nothing except vulgarity.

Zzz_
01-14-2018, 05:37 PM
how's your journey going Sophie?

Sophie_1
01-15-2018, 06:36 PM

I don’t have Facebook anymore do you know where else I could find sister groups?

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by adyiqbal
Yes, I really tired from Facebook. There is nothing except vulgarity.
Did you find any groups in the end?

- - - Updated - - -

how's your journey going Sophie?
I’m struggling slightly at the moment as I haven’t been able to find any sister groups or Anh sister support

*charisma*
01-16-2018, 10:26 AM
I don’t have Facebook anymore do you know where else I could find sister groups?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I’m struggling slightly at the moment as I haven’t been able to find any sister groups or Anh sister support
Stick around! If you get more posts in, you will have access to the sisters section on this forum. Lots of helpful sisters on there. :)

cinnamonrolls1
01-16-2018, 03:55 PM
Sophie!! If ya post some more ya can access the sisters bit! We have like a casual chat type of thing going on there that you're welcome to join!!

Umm Malik
01-16-2018, 09:31 PM
Assalamo alaykum sophie
Welcome to the forum and to Islam
Feel free to ask anything you want I sent you a pm
I will be so happy to be your sister for the sake of Allah and help you in any thing you need as I can
Your sister maryam

adyiqbal
01-17-2018, 08:41 AM
Yes, someone was added me in such kind of groups. Now, I really hate FB.

Zzz_
01-20-2018, 06:54 AM
In addition to what others have mentioned here about joining the sisters group, you can also visit your local mosque and inquire therein. There are sister events they can let you know about and introduce you to sisters who can help you get adjusted to your new way of life.

A786
01-20-2018, 10:11 PM
Hey,

Islam is open to all those who want to believe the truth. I am so glad alhumdulillah to know that you are wanting to join the large religious community. Welcome :) I will be so glad to assist you in strengthening your faith, insh'Allah. You may feel free to ask any question you want and I will try my level best to acknowledge it from whatever I know. For indeed, we are all striving to become better Muslims day in and day out. May Allah guide us all, Ameen.

adyiqbal
01-22-2018, 08:27 AM
In addition to what others have mentioned here about joining the sisters group, you can also visit your local mosque and inquire therein. There are sister events they can let you know about and introduce you to sisters who can help you get adjusted to your new way of life.
Agreed.

Sunnie Ameena
01-23-2018, 03:33 PM
I said my Shahada over the phone on my birthday in 2010. I called a Mosque in Missouri about an hour from my home at the time, and someone helped me. Since then I have moved back to Oklahoma and contacted the Mosques in OKC, Oklahoma and in the Dallas, Texas area. I live half way between the two large towns. In all these years, I have never found anyone to help me learn to pray or anything. So the only thing I do, is watch videos of lectures. Maybe no one wants to help because I was not born a Muslim or because I am in my late 50's. Either way, I was very disappointed and hurt.

Ishaaq
01-23-2018, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunnie Ameena
I said my Shahada over the phone on my birthday in 2010. I called a Mosque in Missouri about an hour from my home at the time, and someone helped me. Since then I have moved back to Oklahoma and contacted the Mosques in OKC, Oklahoma and in the Dallas, Texas area. I live half way between the two large towns. In all these years, I have never found anyone to help me learn to pray or anything. So the only thing I do, is watch videos of lectures. Maybe no one wants to help because I was not born a Muslim or because I am in my late 50's. Either way, I was very disappointed and hurt.
Muslims in Western countries have failed to develop proper institutions. This is because they are largely economic immigrants who themselves often come from a very secular and irreligious background.

Visit an Islamic country, maybe one of the Gulf states like Saudi Arabia or Qatar, or otherwise Egypt, Jordan, Pakistan, Malaysia or Turkey. Spend some time there and immerse yourself in Islam and Muslim society you will not regret it trust me.

cinnamonrolls1
01-24-2018, 05:30 PM
Thats awful, im so sorry for that. Im actually angry that no one even showed you how to pray and the fact that youv been excluded from everything. Sister you're more than welcome to join our chat ( its called like casual chat i think or smthing along those lines) and msg me anytime you want!

your_ukht
01-24-2018, 05:36 PM
My dear sister I know of Islamic groups. I sent you a private message:)

A786
01-24-2018, 11:30 PM
Dear sister, firstly, Mashallah, I am so happy that you have converted to Islam, the religion of peace and tranquility, alhumdulillah. WELCOME! Secondly, I am so heartbroken to hear that nobody is helping you. You are more than welcome to join our chat in conversation with the Muslim community and please feel free to message me anytime.

Zzz_
01-25-2018, 03:56 AM
I am sorry to hear about your experience, although i'm not surprised. Most masjids are run by not religious Muslims but just common muslims who want to be in charge. Its the same they do back home, they take control and feel in power. Even the ones that are "educated" and from here feel they have the power to impose their views and ignore everybody else. Not all masjids are like that but you will find many. I noticed you have been a member here since 2001, have reached out on here for any help? also if you like, i can message you some resources inshallah.

your_ukht
01-25-2018, 06:44 AM
السلام عليكم
My dear sister, I'm a born muslimah alhamdulillah. And you know what, since I don't live in a Muslim country anymore, I've been trying to pray just once in a masjid and wallahi is so hard because we don't have enough masjids here, and if you find one, it's just a small room to pray in. And women can't go to pray there because of the lack of space. So only men pray in the masjid as it's an obligation upon men to pray in the mosque.

So now they have built a small masjid and I was so happy to go and try pray there. Once there, I and my brother were ready to pray and suddenly a man came and kicked us from the masjid as if it was his home you know. Subhanallah. I couldn't believe what was happening. And this man is an ignorant cause he thinks young teenagers and women can't pray at the masjid.

What really hurt me is that by the act of this man so many teenagers won't go to the masjid because of this kind of behaviour.

So please sister don't think they didn't want to help you because you are a revert. No sister. It happens to born muslims as well.

P.S.
You can DM me if you wish to, and I'll be very happy to help you with all my heart. Also if you want to join any Islamic groups on whatsapp I can add you bi idni Allah.

Fi amani Allah

adyiqbal
01-31-2018, 08:04 AM
But, don't rely on these groups. there are too many Islamic Channels that learn alot of Islamic things. I suggest you, go for them such as Madni Channel

Sunnie Ameena
02-03-2018, 04:48 PM
Several days ago, I reached out to the Mosque in Richardson, Texas. I asked if there was a place I could purchase a Quran and maybe come by to see the Mosque. I got an automated email that said my email had been delivered. That was about 4 days ago. I have yet to hear back from them. It is truly sad, because I really want to be involved and learn all I can.

Misbah-Abd
02-03-2018, 05:19 PM
Several days ago, I reached out to the Mosque in Richardson, Texas. I asked if there was a place I could purchase a Quran and maybe come by to see the Mosque. I got an automated email that said my email had been delivered. That was about 4 days ago. I have yet to hear back from them. It is truly sad, because I really want to be involved and learn all I can.
Salaam Alaikum sister, may I suggest this translation. It is what I read from: https://www.amazon.com/Quran-Saheeh-...Y0YJSJFD4K69KM

Zzz_
02-03-2018, 06:44 PM
I know a sister in dallas area I can connect you to if you like. Let me know :)

Sunnie Ameena
02-05-2018, 05:30 PM
I emailed them back last night, and told them how disappointed I was that no one was willing to help me. I told them I would find the help on my on, so any help from here would be welcome. I just figured that if they are trying to spread the word of Allah and educate people about Islam, that they would be willing to help me. But I guess not.

azc
02-05-2018, 05:43 PM
@Sunnie Ameena

May we help you in learning Islamic teachings...?

cinnamonrolls1
02-05-2018, 07:14 PM
I emailed them back last night, and told them how disappointed I was that no one was willing to help me. I told them I would find the help on my on, so any help from here would be welcome. I just figured that if they are trying to spread the word of Allah and educate people about Islam, that they would be willing to help me. But I guess not.
Salam sister
In terms of a Quran translation id reccomend Muhammad asad's one( its called The Message of the Quran), its the one which i use and it has really brought me closer to my faith as a teenager!
You can download it for free as a PDF file if you just search "muhammad asad quran pdf" and hit the first result.
Once again ur more than welcome to speak to us sisters, sister! (lol)

cinnamonrolls1
02-05-2018, 07:15 PM
Also, like brother Misbah said, sahih international seems good as well from what i've read.

cinnamonrolls1
02-05-2018, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by your_ukht
السلام عليكم
My dear sister, I'm a born muslimah alhamdulillah. And you know what, since I don't live in a Muslim country anymore, I've been trying to pray just once in a masjid and wallahi is so hard because we don't have enough masjids here, and if you find one, it's just a small room to pray in. And women can't go to pray there because of the lack of space. So only men pray in the masjid as it's an obligation upon men to pray in the mosque.

So now they have built a small masjid and I was so happy to go and try pray there. Once there, I and my brother were ready to pray and suddenly a man came and kicked us from the masjid as if it was his home you know. Subhanallah. I couldn't believe what was happening. And this man is an ignorant cause he thinks young teenagers and women can't pray at the masjid.

What really hurt me is that by the act of this man so many teenagers won't go to the masjid because of this kind of behaviour.

So please sister don't think they didn't want to help you because you are a revert. No sister. It happens to born muslims as well.

P.S.
You can DM me if you wish to, and I'll be very happy to help you with all my heart. Also if you want to join any Islamic groups on whatsapp I can add you bi idni Allah.

Fi amani Allah
Its disgusting the lack of facilities there are for us sisters honestly! Im shocked at these people, ah well may Allah guide

Zzz_
02-06-2018, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Its disgusting the lack of facilities there are for us sisters honestly! Im shocked at these people, ah well may Allah guide
It's not always black and white. In some small communities, there isn't enough funding to build such facilities and since going to the mosque is wajib for men and not women so only men section is built. As for the attitude of the people, most of these old uncles are cultural Muslims who think they are religious so what they say shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Sunnie Ameena
02-06-2018, 10:12 PM
Thank you so much for the link, I will check in to it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.