/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I find it difficult to deal with my family

Pinky
11-17-2017, 11:10 PM
I continue to get along with my mum and seem that I'm ok in front of my family but deep down I already feel dead inside. I want to just be able to go out the house, on the bus, arrange to meet old friends. My older sister and my mom are the reasons I can't have this life, of a normal woman, 33. I'm not married. Fine. That's my choice but no one in my family are bothered about having me married anyway. I just can never get out of my head is that my mum thinks me going to meet a white friend will ruin me. Reason for that my older sister ruining her own life doing things against Islam. My mom thinks I will do that too. I am nothing at all like my sister. My mom knows I've never done anything bad but whenever I bring it up she tells me I want to do what my sister did. I'm too embarrassed about my life to meet my muslim friends and if I invited to home they'd find out how I have to live. Why do I have to live this way. I've accepted having to be this way long enough. But, you know what, it's my life and I don't know why I let my mother do this. If I try to say something, she makes things up about me which I know for fact are not true. My other sister who I do get on with is not helping me. I earn my own money so I never ask my parents for any. I'm not sure what I need to prove. I would love it if they decided one day to help me look for place of my own to live.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.