PDA

View Full Version : Who is your role model?



'Abd-al Latif
12-23-2017, 01:50 PM
:salamext:

Id like to ask everyone the following question:

Which Muslim scholar or knowledgable person is your role model and why?

I am curious to know everything about him or her. He does not need to be famous and popular. She can someone from your local town and speak a language other than English. He can be from your home country and live a secluded life.

What makes this person stand out to you?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ahmed.younes
12-23-2017, 02:41 PM
I'm a relatively new muslims so I don't really know many scholars except for maybe Saluhu-din the imam of masjid al aqsa and I think he is pretty knowledgeable, and a good role model.

But mainly my two main inspirations, and role models, would be dr. Zakir Naik, and Mufti Menk. I love them. Why? Because they seem very down to earth and very humble, and everything they do Is according to the Sunnah. I know they're not necessarily scholars, more just da'ees really, but still... They brought me closer to the deen alhumdilah
Reply

AabiruSabeel
12-23-2017, 10:18 PM
:wasalam:

عن عبد الله بن مسعود رضي الله عنه قال
ـ ( مَن كانَ مُسْتَنًّا ، فَلْيَسْتَنَّ بمن قد ماتَ ، فإنَّ الحيَّ لا تُؤمَنُ عليه الفِتْنَةُ ، أولئك أصحابُ محمد - صلى الله عليه وسلم - ، كانوا أفضلَ هذه الأمة : أبرَّها قلوبًا ، وأعمقَها علمًا ، وأقلَّها تكلُّفًا ، اختارهم الله لصحبة نبيِّه ، ولإقامة دِينه ، فاعرِفوا لهم فضلَهم ، واتبعُوهم على أثرهم ، وتمسَّكوا بما استَطَعْتُم من أخلاقِهم وسيَرِهم ، فإنهم كانوا على الهُدَى المستقيم ) . ـ
ـ رواه ابن عبد البر في "جامع بيان العلم وفضله" (2/947ـ رقم 1810) ـ

‘Abdullah ibn Mas‘ood (may Allah be pleased with him) is reported to have said: “Whoever wants to follow a path, let him follow the path of one who has died, for the living are not safe from fitnah. I mean the Companions of Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). They were the best of this ummah: the purest in heart, the deepest in knowledge and the most straightforward. Allah chose them to accompany His Prophet and establish His religion, so recognise their status and follow in their footsteps and adhere as much as you can to their example of conduct and attitude, for they followed true guidance.
This report was narrated by Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr in Jaami‘ Bayaan al-‘Ilm wa Fadluhu, 2/947, no. 1810.


While it is good and recommended to find a trust-able and knowledgeable scholar whom you can follow, it should always be kept in the mind that every living human being is surrounded by a lot of trials. Follow the good that you see in them and overlook their faults. Perhaps Allah :swt: will forgive them because of the massive good work that they do for the sake of this Deen.
Reply

Scottish Celt
12-25-2017, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
:salamext:

Id like to ask everyone the following question:

Which Muslim scholar or knowledgable person is your role model and why?

I am curious to know everything about him or her. He does not need to be famous and popular. She can someone from your local town and speak a language other than English. He can be from your home country and live a secluded life.

What makes this person stand out to you?
Mine is more to do with a knowledgeable person in an older,yet clever & wise Turkish brother called Ahmed Hulusi,ive always been fascinated with the conscience mind,and always believed in a higher being/God before I converted,he was Muslim but also very knowledgeable on conscience awareness & life,it answered a lot of questions for me,that we must have been definitley created by some higher power,he played a big part on me finally going out & taking my Shahadah
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
'Abd-al Latif
12-25-2017, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Scottish Celt
Mine is more to do with a knowledgeable person in an older,yet clever & wise Turkish brother called Ahmed Hulusi,ive always been fascinated with the conscience mind,and always believed in a higher being/God before I converted,he was Muslim but also very knowledgeable on conscience awareness & life,it answered a lot of questions for me,that we must have been definitley created by some higher power,he played a big part on me finally going out & taking my Shahadah
Mashaa'Allah.

Thanks for sharing my brother. May Allah keep you steadfast upon His path.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by ahmed.younes
I'm a relatively new muslims so I don't really know many scholars except for maybe Saluhu-din the imam of masjid al aqsa and I think he is pretty knowledgeable, and a good role model.

But mainly my two main inspirations, and role models, would be dr. Zakir Naik, and Mufti Menk. I love them. Why? Because they seem very down to earth and very humble, and everything they do Is according to the Sunnah. I know they're not necessarily scholars, more just da'ees really, but still... They brought me closer to the deen alhumdilah
Mashaa'Allah. Thanks for sharing.
Reply

andraste1988
12-29-2017, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
:salamext:

Id like to ask everyone the following question:

Which Muslim scholar or knowledgable person is your role model and why?

I am curious to know everything about him or her. He does not need to be famous and popular. She can someone from your local town and speak a language other than English. He can be from your home country and live a secluded life.

What makes this person stand out to you?
Abdullah Sarh... He knew what was really going on...
Reply

Supernova
12-30-2017, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
:salamext:

Id like to ask everyone the following question:

Which Muslim scholar or knowledgable person is your role model and why?

I am curious to know everything about him or her. He does not need to be famous and popular. She can someone from your local town and speak a language other than English. He can be from your home country and live a secluded life.

What makes this person stand out to you?

Asalaamualaykum :
Hard to answer this one as I have different role models for different aspects of my life.
Reply

adyiqbal
01-01-2018, 10:12 AM
Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) is my role model and if we see nowadays then Molana Illyas Attar Qadri is my role model. Really great personality.
Reply

talibilm
01-01-2018, 11:17 AM
:sl:

To all muslims who could be a better role model than Prophet :saws: ? followed by Caliphas radhyallahu ajmaeen
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 04:33 PM
  2. Replies: 143
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 03:44 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 11:31 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 09:40 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!