/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fairness of God?

rebelutionary
12-27-2017, 08:05 AM
How fair is the god of Islam?

Its something I only find emotionally charged replies, most people are like you don't know the full story of the others you perceive to be living the life. They give examples of rich being inflicted with disease as if it only comes to the rich, there ratio of sick poor people is higher than sick rich people. About prophets facing great hardship but always fail to mention they had direct intervention, today if I get thrown into a put of fire it will not do me such favors nor even if I was born in such an era. I find it absurd to expect us to follow such people when they were made superior by Islamic standards. Its like asking toyota corolla to perform like a ferrari. Nor were they encompassed in a riba based banking system or confronted with evolution.

I come from the subcontinent. I grew up seeing that the only way to make it better in life is to lie cheat and steal even the so called religious people the huzurs are very slimy.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ahmed.younes
12-27-2017, 08:32 AM
Life is a test. That is why god sent us prophets to be examples for us, and to guide us. Prophets faced the hardest tests of life, and they did have direct intervention, but that doesn't mean god will not/does not intervene on our behalf.. You don't know how god works. Moreover, we believe that righteous, and pious, people inherit the prophets knowledge to a certain extent.

All people get afflicted with disease obviously, but the disease you seem to be talking about is that of the heart. It is more likely to afflict the rich as having wealth is a bigger test then not having wealth, but poor people get afflicted with this disease as well, as you have shown us that you are a thief, and all you do is lie and cheat. This is a disease in the heart, and it is a lack of purity thereof, which is why you behave in a wicked manner.

Life is hard, it's not easy. That's why you, and everyone else, have to strive for the truth.

rebelutionary
12-27-2017, 08:47 AM
Life is a test. That is why god sent us prophets to be examples for us, and to guide us. Prophets faced the hardest tests of life, and they did have direct intervention, but that doesn't mean god will not/does not intervene on our behalf.. You don't know how god works. Moreover, we believe that righteous, and pious, people inherit the prophets knowledge to a certain extent.
Lets start with that, some people have it easy while others don't. Isn't that also signs of favoritism and nepotism? We do not have direct intervention do we? Do you have an angel coming down to you with any message? There are some people who also claim to have received such and a lot of Muslims say thats from shaitan, quite convoluting. They had it easy consider this, during Ferauns time did he have the advantage of having the CIA/NSA or modern artillery power at his disposal? Were they shown proof of evolution? How widespread was science?

All people get afflicted with disease obviously, but the disease you seem to be talking about is that of the heart. It is more likely to afflict the rich as having wealth is a bigger test then not having wealth, but poor people get afflicted with this disease as well, as you have shown us that you are a thief, and all you do is lie and cheat. This is a disease in the heart, and it is a lack of purity thereof, which is why you behave in a wicked manner.
Come to the Indian subcontinent several decades ago this was the poorest place on earth and some parts of it still are. The rich people that you see here did lie cheat and steal to get to where they are where as the honest people are immersed in poverty. When such a stark proof is right in front of the eyes, Islam becomes a very questionable belief.

Life is hard, it's not easy. That's why you, and everyone else, have to strive for the truth.
heard of the term trust fund babies?

ahmed.younes
12-27-2017, 02:10 PM
How do you know what people are going through? While they have it easy or not is not for you to judge. Only god truly knows what's happening in their hearts. A lot of the richest people in the world suffer from depression, and insomnia. Research it if you don't believe me.

other.
[5:3] "This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion."Our religion is completed, and perfect, and nobody can add or change anything to it.

First of all, there is no proof for the theory of evolution. 2nd of all how is the CIA NSA thing relevant? 3rd you're being very vague, and illusive. Get some concrete claims then come back, because at this point you're just throwing around random sentences, which is not making any sense.
Salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
12-27-2017, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rebelutionary
Lets start with that, some people have it easy while others don't. Isn't that also signs of favoritism and nepotism? We do not have direct intervention do we? Do you have an angel coming down to you with any message? There are some people who also claim to have received such and a lot of Muslims say thats from shaitan, quite convoluting. They had it easy consider this, during Ferauns time did he have the advantage of having the CIA/NSA or modern artillery power at his disposal? Were they shown proof of evolution? How widespread was science?
Sorry to butt in but no it's not favouritism. Some people are chosen to be managers and CEOs at companies because of their skillset, knowledge and experience. It's the same with Prophets and Messenger - God is best placed to decide who should be chosen for this purpose. Today Islam has come to everyone and people, without compulsion, are given a choice to accept it. I'll leave it to someone else to elaborate on this answer as I don't want to tread on anybody's toes.

EDIT:

As a point of clarification - prophets and messengers were given divine guidance from the Almighty Himself. Their mission was to convey this knowledge to all of mankind and were instructed not to keep any divine knowledge secret. Therefore, we do not need to have direct intervention, angels, etc from Allah as we have the speech of Allah, the eternal message the Qur'an with us. This along with the tradition of Prophet Muhammad (:saws1:) is our source of guidance.

Come to the Indian subcontinent several decades ago this was the poorest place on earth and some parts of it still are. The rich people that you see here did lie cheat and steal to get to where they are where as the honest people are immersed in poverty. When such a stark proof is right in front of the eyes, Islam becomes a very questionable belief.

heard of the term trust fund babies?
Islam cannot be blamed for the actions of ignorant Muslims. A perfect business plan cannot be blamed of imperfection just because the workers refused to apply it properly. Islam is perfect. Muslims are not. It's also important to note that India isn't even considered a Muslim country. It's considered Hindu.

rebelutionary
12-28-2017, 05:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed.younes
How do you know what people are going through? While they have it easy or not is not for you to judge. Only god truly knows what's happening in their hearts. A lot of the richest people in the world suffer from depression, and insomnia. Research it if you don't believe me.

other.
[5:3] "This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion."Our religion is completed, and perfect, and nobody can add or change anything to it.

First of all, there is no proof for the theory of evolution. 2nd of all how is the CIA NSA thing relevant? 3rd you're being very vague, and illusive. Get some concrete claims then come back, because at this point you're just throwing around random sentences, which is not making any sense.
Salam
Mental illness is not confined just to the rich, the poor have it too. You need to research since you cannot see such among the economically disadvantaged. A lot of times the poor do not even have the resources to diagnose. It is better to be sick and rich versus sick and poor, thats just common sense. Do you have empirical data suggesting that depression and insomnia only occurs amongst people who are economically advantaged?

You must be profoundly daft to say that there is no proof of evolution. The CIA/NSA was brought up in references to Feraun he did not have such a power at his disposal. If looked into it at a fair comparison modern first world leaders hold far greater power, they use such agencies to further their cause at a very discrete level.

How is Allah fair when he gives it all to the arabs? They get all the prophets they all the books in their language while the rest of us get nothing. We have to go out of our way to learn it. Also look at how the arabs treat the workers from the indian subcontinent, yet Allah keeps giving them more.

In the modern world the doctrines of Islam are much harder to adhere too yet the companions of the Prophets are considered the best generation.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Sorry to butt in but no it's not favouritism. Some people are chosen to be managers and CEOs at companies because of their skillset, knowledge and experience. It's the same with Prophets and Messenger - God is best placed to decide who should be chosen for this purpose. Today Islam has come to everyone and people, without compulsion, are given a choice to accept it. I'll leave it to someone else to elaborate on this answer as I don't want to tread on anybody's toes.
If the companies manufactured the people then yes this example would stand valid. If the creator made me with the skill set of an entry level worker and expects me to perform like a CEO or strive to be like him, how is that a merciful creator?

EDIT:

As a point of clarification - prophets and messengers were given divine guidance from the Almighty Himself. Their mission was to convey this knowledge to all of mankind and were instructed not to keep any divine knowledge secret. Therefore, we do not need to have direct intervention, angels, etc from Allah as we have the speech of Allah, the eternal message the Qur'an with us. This along with the tradition of Prophet Muhammad (:saws1:) is our source of guidance.

Islam cannot be blamed for the actions of ignorant Muslims. A perfect business plan cannot be blamed of imperfection just because the workers refused to apply it properly. Islam is perfect. Muslims are not. It's also important to note that India isn't even considered a Muslim country. It's considered Hindu.
How comes prophets werent sent in an era of video cameras that way we would have concrete proof of their ethos. If you think the Indian subcontinent is just India, you my friend need to catch up on some geography. The Quran doesn't talk about prophets in other parts of the world, are we that insignificant? only arabs and bani israel deserve such mercy?

ahmed.younes
12-28-2017, 07:09 AM
True richness or happiness Is feeling closeness to allah (swt), and peace in your heart, not having money or a luxurious car. And I did not say that the poor don't have mental illnesses or don't get insomnia.. I only said look at the research of the richest people in the world, and how most of them need a ton of medication just to be able to go to sleep at night. Go watch documentaries on how the most famous of people have become sad, and depressed, regardless of their lavish lifestyles.

Darwin himself said that he has no proof for his theory. It is a mere observation that became popular amongst western universities and scientists, because it was the only explanation they had to offer. Until today, most scientists refute this hypothesis as there is no continual substantial to support it. If we were monkeys, why did the other monkeys stop evolving, and why did we humans stop evolving?

Just because prophets were arab, doesn't give arabs an advantage at anything except for their ability to read arabic, but that is a small advantage, which barely carries any weight, because the Arabic language of the quran is different, and is a whole science of its own. Moreover, only 15% of arabs are muslims, meaning that 85% of muslims are non-Arabs who had to learn Arabic from scratch. And just for arguments sake, history has proven that the most civilized and populated areas were that of the arab regions today, so it is only logical to send the prophets there in order to spread the message effictvely..

Feraun was very powerful. He had soldiers everywhere, and because of the nature of the houses at that time, it was very easy to eavesdrop... How else could he of killed all of the male newborns if he didn't know what was going on? Feraun had a huge army and had the capability to kill everybody, and not be bothered by others, while the CIA actually can't do that due to rivaling nuclear powers, which, if confronted, will lead to Mutual Assured Destruction with nuclear-war. To the contrary, it is arguable that Feraun had more power, and capabilities then the CIA, or whomever else it may be, because of the lack of rivaling nations.

Don't judge Islam based on what "muslims" do. Judge Islam on what the messenger (SAW), and his companions did, and the message that they conveyed. Islam teaches justice and equality between all peoples of different ethnicities. And how do you know Allah is giving the arabs more? Maybe he's just giving them more money, just so that they can go further astray from the remembrance of Allah (SWT).

The companions had the guidance of the prophet (pbuh), which is the true guidance. And at the prime time of the prophet (pbuh), and his companions, there was no unrest or rebellion against islam, like there is nowadays, which means back then it was easier to facilitate the practicing of Islam, unlike today.

'Abd-al Latif
12-28-2017, 05:53 PM
If the companies manufactured the people then yes this example would stand valid. If the creator made me with the skill set of an entry level worker and expects me to perform like a CEO or strive to be like him, how is that a merciful creator?
You've understood this all wrong. You're not asked to be a prophet or messenger and you never will be asked to become one. Your task is to follow their guidance as it will lead you to worshipping Allah as He wants to be worshipped. All the prophets and messenger do is tell you how to worship God, just like a CEO tells you how to do your job, and nothing more. This makes the Almighty a merciful creator because He's not tasking you with leading mankind but to protect yourself from hell fire and an unhappy life. Part of following their guidance means inviting other people to Islam but you are not held responsible if they refuse.

How comes prophets werent sent in an era of video cameras that way we would have concrete proof of their ethos. If you think the Indian subcontinent is just India, you my friend need to catch up on some geography. The Quran doesn't talk about prophets in other parts of the world, are we that insignificant? only arabs and bani israel deserve such mercy?
The Qur'an says that Prophets and Messengers were sent to every single nation in the world. This means there was once a prophet or messenger sent to the people who lived in the area presently known as India. I misread your post and mistakenly thought you were referring to the country India and not the subcontinent. Nevertheless, here is a verse from Qur'an proving this:

"And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): "Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taghut (all false deities, etc. i.e. do not worship Taghut besides Allah)." Then of them were some whom Allah guided and of them were some upon whom the straying was justified. So travel through the land and see what was the end of those who denied (the truth)." (16:36)

The only difference between Prophet Muhammed (:saws1:) and all other prophets and messengers before him is that Prophet Muhammed is the last and final messenger for all of mankind and we are all required to follow him whereas the others were sent just for their people.

Still think Allah isn't merciful?

99sobi
01-02-2018, 04:13 PM
Bismillah,

Some people are tested with wealth, while others are tested with poverty, some with sickness, some with fitness. The greater amount of suffering you undergo in this life, and the more patient and obedient you remain, the more prosperous you will be in the Hereafter.

Mahir Adnan
02-12-2018, 04:12 PM
you are from subcontinent!! "
you might know Dr. zakir naik.
why don't you listen to him?
God of Islam is Allah who is beneficent. please visit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRHxyQPJQuw
-----
if you have any question on evolution, you can ask me.
--------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRHxyQPJQuw

Lessons From Surah Ar Rahman - Nouman Ali Khan - YouTube
Like DigitalMimbar on Facebook: http://www.fb.com/TheMimbar Follow DigitalMimbar on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DigitalMimbar First Lecture during the 20......

rebelutionary
03-19-2018, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 99sobi
Bismillah,

Some people are tested with wealth, while others are tested with poverty, some with sickness, some with fitness. The greater amount of suffering you undergo in this life, and the more patient and obedient you remain, the more prosperous you will be in the Hereafter.

In this modern day an age, poverty means that your test will be super hard.

Really?

The probability of you failing a harder test is much higher.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Mahir Adnan
you are from subcontinent!! "
you might know Dr. zakir naik.
why don't you listen to him?
God of Islam is Allah who is beneficent. please visit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRHxyQPJQuw
-----
if you have any question on evolution, you can ask me.
--------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRHxyQPJQuw

Lessons From Surah Ar Rahman - Nouman Ali Khan - YouTube
Like DigitalMimbar on Facebook: http://www.fb.com/TheMimbar Follow DigitalMimbar on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DigitalMimbar First Lecture during the 20......
Zakir Naik Banned in Bangladesh!

czgibson
03-19-2018, 03:50 PM
Greetings,

The Qur'an says that Prophets and Messengers were sent to every single nation in the world. This means there was once a prophet or messenger sent to the people who lived in the area presently known as India.
Does anybody know which prophets were sent to the following nations?

Australia
China
Japan
UK
USA

Peace

azc
03-19-2018, 04:57 PM
In this modern day an age, poverty means that your test will be super hard. Really?The probability of you failing a harder test is much higher.- - - Updated - - -Zakir Naik Banned in Bangladesh!
provided that someone loves this worldly life more than akhirah. Moreover, who endures trials and tribulations will be rewarded more than his maximal expectations

cinnamonrolls1
03-19-2018, 05:14 PM
In this modern day an age, poverty means that your test will be super hard.

Really?

The probability of you failing a harder test is much higher.

- - - Updated - - -

Zakir Naik Banned in Bangladesh!
Maybe avoid zakir naik. Iv heard he has some unsavoury views..

cinnamonrolls1
03-19-2018, 11:09 PM
Mental illness is not confined just to the rich, the poor have it too. You need to research since you cannot see such among the economically disadvantaged. A lot of times the poor do not even have the resources to diagnose. It is better to be sick and rich versus sick and poor, thats just common sense. Do you have empirical data suggesting that depression and insomnia only occurs amongst people who are economically advantaged?

You must be profoundly daft to say that there is no proof of evolution. The CIA/NSA was brought up in references to Feraun he did not have such a power at his disposal. If looked into it at a fair comparison modern first world leaders hold far greater power, they use such agencies to further their cause at a very discrete level.

How is Allah fair when he gives it all to the arabs? They get all the prophets they all the books in their language while the rest of us get nothing. We have to go out of our way to learn it. Also look at how the arabs treat the workers from the indian subcontinent, yet Allah keeps giving them more.

In the modern world the doctrines of Islam are much harder to adhere too yet the companions of the Prophets are considered the best generation.

- - - Updated - - -

Excuse me? Since when did arabs get all the favour? Islam is primarily based off of the arabic language because of the location. We cannot change thr birth place of the prophet pbuh? The Quran was sent down to us all. If you want non arab islamic figures you have plenty: bilal ra sauda ra, osama ibn zayd ra, zayd ibn haritha ra etc.

rebelutionary
03-19-2018, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
provided that someone loves this worldly life more than akhirah. Moreover, who endures trials and tribulations will be rewarded more than his maximal expectations
Oh wow what logic... just because someone doesn't want to be in poverty it means that they love the dunia more!

Way to go!

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Excuse me? Since when did arabs get all the favour? Islam is primarily based off of the arabic language because of the location. We cannot change thr birth place of the prophet pbuh? The Quran was sent down to us all. If you want non arab islamic figures you have plenty: bilal ra sauda ra, osama ibn zayd ra, zayd ibn haritha ra etc.

Dude seriously? The Quran is in Arabic, look at the amount of resources the Arabs have. Thats nothing? Most prophets mentioned in it are in or around arabia, no mention of other parts of the world. If it was meant for the whole world where is mention of China India and other places?

There is a reason why it is called an Abrahamic faith. The chosen people are of his lineage!

cinnamonrolls1
03-19-2018, 11:20 PM
Oh wow what logic... just because someone doesn't want to be in poverty it means that they love the dunia more!

Way to go!

- - - Updated - - -

Dude seriously? The Quran is in Arabic, look at the amount of resources the Arabs have. Thats nothing? Most prophets mentioned in it are in or around arabia, no mention of other parts of the world. If it was meant for the whole world where is mention of China India and other places?

There is a reason why it is called an Abrahamic faith. The chosen people are of his lineage!
The quran is in arabic because rhats the language the prophet spoke. The prophet pbub couldnt read or write so how else was he gonna get the Quran revealed to him?

rebelutionary
03-19-2018, 11:21 PM
The quran is in arabic because rhats the language the prophet spoke. The prophet pbub couldnt read or write so how else was he gonna get the Quran revealed to him?
The prophet was arab and came to the arabs he could have come to other parts of the world or at least speak about us who are not living in arabia.

cinnamonrolls1
03-19-2018, 11:23 PM
The prophet was arab and came to the arabs he could have come to other parts of the world or at least speak about us who are not living in arabia.
How was the prophet gonna come to india? They had no planes back then you know. Besides Islam was sent down for everyone from all times

cinnamonrolls1
03-19-2018, 11:23 PM
How was the prophet gonna come to india? They had no planes back then you know. Besides Islam was sent down for everyone from all times
Also hows he gonna know abt folk in Asia etc?

rebelutionary
03-19-2018, 11:40 PM
Also hows he gonna know abt folk in Asia etc?
124,000 prophets not a single non arab/israeli?

- - - Updated - - -

FYI you missed the point!

Not a single mention of India or China... in the stories of the prophets..

keiv
03-20-2018, 01:04 AM
How fair is the god of Islam?

Its something I only find emotionally charged replies, most people are like you don't know the full story of the others you perceive to be living the life. They give examples of rich being inflicted with disease as if it only comes to the rich, there ratio of sick poor people is higher than sick rich people. About prophets facing great hardship but always fail to mention they had direct intervention, today if I get thrown into a put of fire it will not do me such favors nor even if I was born in such an era. I find it absurd to expect us to follow such people when they were made superior by Islamic standards. Its like asking toyota corolla to perform like a ferrari. Nor were they encompassed in a riba based banking system or confronted with evolution.

I come from the subcontinent. I grew up seeing that the only way to make it better in life is to lie cheat and steal even the so called religious people the huzurs are very slimy.
So your excuse for stealing, lying, and cheating is by saying that Allah isn't fair? That's like people in the states blaming "the man" for holding them back while their friends, family and neighbors are out busting butt to make their lives better and not making excuses. And how are you going to complain about only finding emotionally charged replies when your thread appears to be based off of emotion to begin with?

rebelutionary
03-20-2018, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
So your excuse for stealing, lying, and cheating is by saying that Allah isn't fair? That's like people in the states blaming "the man" for holding them back while their friends, family and neighbors are out busting butt to make their lives better and not making excuses. And how are you going to complain about only finding emotionally charged replies when your thread appears to be based off of emotion to begin with?
If someone used that I would understand.

For example, lets look at the Middle East, cities like Dubai and many others in the gulf are being built on slave labor. Have you seen how they are treated? Yet Allah keeps giving the Arabs more and more. Most of these labors are from the Indian subcontinent.

You guys fail to provide any logical answer to the questions asked you guys just come back with emotionally charged answers that beat around the bush.

Zafran
03-20-2018, 01:30 AM
For example, lets look at the Middle East, cities like Dubai and many others in the gulf are being built on slave labor. Have you seen how they are treated? Yet Allah keeps giving the Arabs more and more. Most of these labors are from the Indian subcontinent.
Have you seen how corrupt the sub Continent is - that is not the Arabs fault (who have there own major issues), or anyone else its your own. There
are people in your own society that are corrupt. It needs a communal effort to eradicate diseases, poverty and illiteracy. This also includes killing female infants pre birth.

You guys fail to provide any logical answer to the questions asked you guys just come back with emotionally charged answers that beat around the bush.
what do you mean by this?

azc
03-20-2018, 02:20 AM

Way to go!

- - - Updated - - -

Who says you to live in poverty...?

rebelutionary
03-20-2018, 02:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
Have you seen how corrupt the sub Continent is - that is not the Arabs fault (who have there own major issues), or anyone else its your own. There
are people in your own society that are corrupt. It needs a communal effort to eradicate diseases, poverty and illiteracy. This also includes killing female infants pre birth.

what do you mean by this?
You evaded the question. Not that I wasn't expecting it! Lets discuss this further the arabs paying the Europeans an arm and a leg and almost nothing to the labor from the subcontinent, yet Allah has blessed them with petro dollars. Whilst the subcontinent for the most part is in dire poverty. I never said there is no corruption in the subcontinent.

What I meant was the amount of evasiveness practiced when questions are asked is uncanny. For example I was talking about the arabs, instead of answering my question or discussing you straight away jumped to the corruption in the subcontinent.

- - - Updated - - -

Who says you to live in poverty...?
i lives in poverty becuz my daddy no arab shiekh with petro dollah

azc
03-20-2018, 02:57 AM
You evaded the question. Not that I wasn't expecting it! Lets discuss this further the arabs paying the Europeans an arm and a leg and almost nothing to the labor from the subcontinent, yet Allah has blessed them with petro dollars. Whilst the subcontinent for the most part is in dire poverty. I never said there is no corruption in the subcontinent.

What I meant was the amount of evasiveness practiced when questions are asked is uncanny. For example I was talking about the arabs, instead of answering my question or discussing you straight away jumped to the corruption in the subcontinent.

- - - Updated - - -

i lives in poverty becuz my daddy no arab shiekh with petro dollah
so every Muslim whose father isn't an Arab shaykh is poor...?

Zafran
03-20-2018, 03:23 AM
This is not true - the arabs of Syria and Iraq are in a horrible place, So are the Arabs in Libya. The Egyptian are not having a good time at all after the arab spring under Sisi.

Yemen is also in war and famine.

UAE and Qatar are very small city states with small populations that have become rich because of foreign investment. However they have political differences recently with Saudi Arabia.

Resources wise the sub Continent is very rich, its why it has a high population compared to any other region on the planet, for Obvious reasons.

Blaming the Arabs is not going to save the sub Continent instead you should do something about it. You have resources, biggest armies, Bollywood, Mumbai and some of the richest people on the planet.

cinnamonrolls1
03-20-2018, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
This is not true - the arabs of Syria and Iraq are in a horrible place, So are the Arabs in Libya. The Egyptian are not having a good time at all after the arab spring under Sisi.

Yemen is also in war and famine.

UAE and Qatar are very small city states with small populations that have become rich because of foreign investment. However they have political differences recently with Saudi Arabia.

Resources wise the sub Continent is very rich, its why it has a high population compared to any other region on the planet, for Obvious reasons.

Blaming the Arabs is not going to save the sub Continent instead you should do something about it. You have resources, biggest armies, Bollywood, Mumbai and some of the richest people on the planet.
Blaming the arabs or God isnt gonna help . Im from what would be regarded as an arab country and our issues arent leaving any time soon but im not going to get salty at God about it. We have the choice to help ourselves or not. Its called freewill and we have it for a reason. Just because the elites are abusing it doesnt mean we can blame god. We have responsibilites as humans, and its our fault for not upholding them.

cinnamonrolls1
03-20-2018, 09:52 AM
Poverty exists because of our stupid decisions as humans. I mean, people complain we dont have enough food for the world when we do. Its just our lazy and selfish elites who are once again making things harder for the poor.

azc
03-20-2018, 10:54 AM
Blaming the arabs or God isnt gonna help . Im from what would be regarded as an arab country and our issues arent leaving any time soon but im not going to get salty at God about it. We have the choice to help ourselves or not. Its called freewill and we have it for a reason. Just because the elites are abusing it doesnt mean we can blame god. We have responsibilites as humans, and its our fault for not upholding them.
He is angry with God for no reason.

rebelutionary
03-20-2018, 01:28 PM
so every Muslim whose father isn't an Arab shaykh is poor...?
Most Muslims are poor with the exception of Gulf arabs

When was I ever blaming them? All I did was state that with the amount of wrongdoings the Arabs are doing Allah keeps giving them more. If helping oneself and free will lead to prosperity, most of the poverty in the world would diminish. Of course we can blame god, he is helping them and not us.

Tell me this who works harder the labor working all day in heat of the desert or the sheikh who owns the building.

Poverty exists because of our stupid decisions as humans. I mean, people complain we dont have enough food for the world when we do. Its just our lazy and selfish elites who are once again making things harder for the poor.
I dont blame the elites for this actually, they are doing it because it serves their interest, why should they be on the look out for us. The "nafsi Nafsi" ethos applies here.

He is angry with God for no reason.

Not angry just upset for getting the short end of the stick.

Scimitar
03-20-2018, 02:19 PM

“And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taghoot (all false deities, etc. i.e. do not worship Taghoot besides Allah)” [an-Nahl 16:36].

Hence it is part of the justice of Allah that He has decreed that He will not punish anyone whom the call of the Prophets and Messengers did not reach, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):“And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning)”
[al-Isra’ 17:15]

“This is because your Lord would not destroy the (populations of) towns for their wrongdoing (i.e. associating others in worship along with Allah) while their people were unaware (so the Messengers were sent)”
[al-An ‘am 6:131].

But Allah has not told us the stories of all the Messengers; rather He has only told us the stories of some of them. He has not told us the stories of most of them, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):“And Messengers We have mentioned to you before, and Messengers We have not mentioned to you”
[an-Nisa’ 4:164].

Based on that, the idea that the Prophets were only sent to one region of the world is not correct; rather Allah sent Messengers to all the nations of the earth.

I suggest you read this thread here before you try exercising your uneducated opinion on this matter:

IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, THE OWNER OF THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT

The Concept of God

For most of us, we presuppose a premise that God is above any need or want - and hold fast to this idea as a firm base for belief.

However, we as a species are diverse and have many languages. And with prejudice, we often build up barriers which stop us from learning about each others true theology.

We may find we have more in common than not.

One of the main factors I see prop up on forums is the idea that if a God is of a different name - it is a different God. If the theology is different, then yes - it's a different god that is worshipped.

But in most cases I have found that people of the world, even parts where Islam may never have reached, have had held onto the idea that God is 1 and is above need and want - is the creator of all. And this alludes to the possibility of prophets who may have visited these people in an ancient past undocumented.

As wondrous as this is, we find ourselves arguing and debating idiots with agendas on forums without giving eachother much of a chance to actually share something amazing which can make us all really take a step back in wonderment and appreciate God in all His magnificence as much as we humanly can.

yes, we still find the odd person who will say "Your God is different to my god because the names are different".

I don't believe it matters, as long as we are referring to the same God - the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth, Everything - we should aim to call him by the best of names.

It's quite fascinating to learn that even the jungle cultures of this world have remarkable similarities to the Monotheistic concept of God, and how the concept relates directly to the rendering of the spoken name of God.

THE ZULU CONCEPT

In South Africa, the Zulus, a very virile and militant people - a nation akin to the Qureish of pre- Islamic Arabia - have given a name to God Almighty - uMVELINQANGI. This word when properly articulated in its own dialect, sounds identical to the Arabic words Walla-hu-gani, meaning - "And Allah is Rich" (Bounteous). It also sounds like "Allegany" of the Red Indians of North America (Remember their ALLEGANY mountain). The origin or real meaning of the word "Allegany," is not commonly known to the American people. But ask any Zulu as to who or what this uMvelinqangi is and he will surely explain to you in Zulu:

"HAWU UMNIMZANI! UYENA, UMOYA OINGCWELE. AKAZALI YENA, FUTHI AKAZALWANGA; FUTHI, AKUKHO LUTMO OLU FANA NAYE."

Believe me, this is almost a word for word translation of Sura Ikhlas, Chapter 112 of the Holy Qur'an.

SAY: HE IS ALLAH THE ONE AND ONLY;

ALLAH, THE ETERNAL ABSOLUTE;

HE BEGETTETH NOT, NOR IS HE BEGOTTEN:

AND THERE IS NONE LIKE UNTO HIM.
- Holy Qur'an 112:1-4

Now, compare the above verses with my free translation of what the Zulu actually said:

"Oh Sir! He is a pure and Holy Spirit, He does not beget and He is not begotten, and further there is nothing like Him."

Every African tribe, South of the Zambesi River, that is, in Southern Africa, have given different names to the Almighty - Tixo, Modimo, uNkulunkulu, etc., and each and every African language group will take pains to explain the same pure and holy concept as the Zulu. It is to the glory of the African nations that though they had no written languages, and hence no written records, therefore not being able to recount the names of their respective prophets, yet not a single one of the tribes ever stooped down to worshipping idols or images of either of men or animals, until the White man first introduced his religion and gave the African his anthropomorphic concept of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, and brought the African down to bowing before the statues of Jesus, Mary, St. Joseph, St. Christopher and so on.

Out of the dozens of African tribes inhabiting this part of the world, not a single one of them ever made "umfanegisos"(images) of their God. Yet they were capable of carving out of wood, elephants and lions, and reproducing men and women also, in clay. Besides, the Zulus also had some knowledge of metallurgy. When questioned an old Zulu as to the reason, why the Africans did not make umfanegisos of their Gods, he replied, "How could we make images of Him (God Almighty) when we know that He is not like a man, He is not like a monkey, or an elephant or a snake: He is not like anything we can think of or imagine. He is a pure and Holy Spirit."

LIKE THE ARABS

This term, uMVELINQANGI, though well known to the Zulus, was not commonly used. Again they were like the pagan Qureish of Pre-Islamic Arabia who knew the name Allah, but passed Him by, because they felt that He was too High, too Pure, too Holy to be approached, so they went for their substitutary and imaginary gods - their Al- Lats, AI-Uzzas and Al-Manats and a hundred besides. The Zulus too would not call upon uMvelinqangi directly, but he was better than the Arab of the Ayyam-ul-jahiliyya (days of ignorance), because he did not go after false gods; he only invoked the spirits of his ancestors to intercede with uMvelinqangi on his behalf, exactly as the Catholics do in invoking the Virgin Mary and the Saints.

The more common term used by the Zulus for their God is uNKULUNKULU which literally means - the Greatest of the Great or the Mightiest of the Mighty (Almighty). More colloquially when taking oath, they would exclaim "iNkosi phe-Zulu" meaning - the Lord Above (knows), or the God in Heaven (knows), or Heaven knows, that I am speaking the truth. The word "zulu" in the language of the Zulu literally means High Heaven, and they consider themselves to be superior to the numerous other tribes of Southern Africa, being in this respect like the Querish among the dwellers of the desert before Islam.

CONCEPT FROM THE EAST

The Hindi word for God Almighty is PRAMATMA. In Sanskrit, the language of ancient India, "Atma" meant the soul, and"Pram-atma" meant the Great and Holy Soul, or the Holy Spirit, which is really a beautiful description of the "Father" in Heaven. The Bible says, "God is Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth" (John 4:24). Not in form, shape or size, but in SPIRIT.

Despite his pantheistic* interpretation of the Divinity, the name the Hindu gives the Supreme Being, in his classical language, is OM (Aum), which means Guardian or Protector. A very suitable attribute about which the Muslim can have no misgivings.

* "Pantheism:" a doctrine in which people believe that God is everything, and everything is God. The Muslim puts the right emphasis when he says - "EVERYTHING IS GOD'S!" Do you realise the stupendous difference this apostrophe 's makes to the concept of God?

CONCEPT FROM THE WEST FROM THE WEST

The Anglo/Saxon and the Teuton in their own and other allied European languages call their object of worship "GOD" or words of similar sound and import, i.e.

God in English;
Got in Afrikaans (the language of the descendants of the Dutch from Holland in South Africa);
Gott in German; and
Gudd in Danish, Swedish and Norwegian languages.

The ancient Phoenicians called their God - ALLON - (not far from Allah if we could only hear it articulated), and the Canaanites - ADO. The Israelites not only shared the word EL with the original people of Palestine, but borrowed the name of their chief deity - ADO and turned it into ADONAI, and everywhere the four-letter word YHWH occured in their Holy Scriptures, they read "Adonai" instead of "Yahuwa." You will not fail to notice the resemblance between the Jewish Adonai and the heathen Adonis. ADONIS was a "beautiful godling loved by Venus" in the Greek pantheon.

THE LATIN CONCEPT

In the Latin-dominated languages of Western Europe, where Latin had remained dominant in learning and diplomacy for centuries, the chief term used for God is DEUS:

Deus in Portuguese;
Dieu in French;
Dio in Italian;
Dies in Spanish;
Dia in Scotch and Irish; and
Duw in Welsh.

Surprisingly in all the languages above, Deus and all the similar sounding words mean heaven.

Moulana Vidyarthi, in his monumental work - "Muhammad in World Scriptures," devotes a hundred pages to the names of God in the different languages. And out of a list of 155 attributive names, over 40 of them use the word "Heaven" or the "Above," in their language in describing God. Though the Muslim chants the Asma-ul-husna (the most beautiful names), 99 as derived from the Holy Qur'an with the crowning name, ALLAH; "Heaven" is not one of those ninety-nine attributes. Symbolically, heaven may be described as the abode of God, and in the words of Wordsworth in Tintern Abbey:

WHOSE DWELLING IS THE LIGHT OF SETTING SUNS, AND THE ROUND OCEAN AND THE LIVING AIR, AND IN THE BLUE SKY, AND IN THE MIND OF MAN: A MOTION AND A SPIRIT THAT IMPELS ALL THINKING THINGS, ALL OBJECTS OF ALL THOUGHTS, AND ROLLS THROUGH ALL THINGS.

CONCEPT FROM BEYOND THE FAR EAST

Among all the 155 tantalising names of God in the various tongues, the one that tickled me most was - "A-T-N-A-T-U!"

WHAT IS SO FUNNY OR SO NOVEL ABOUT ATNATU?

The aborgine of South Australia calls his God "Atnatu" because some philosopher, poet or prophet had programmed him, that the Father in Heaven is absolutely free from all needs; He is independant; He needs no food nor drink. This quality, in his primitive, un-inhibited language, he conversely named ATNATU, which literally meant "the One without an anus - the One without any flaw" - i.e. the One from Whom no impurity flows or emanates. When I started sharing this novel idea with Hindu, Muslim and Christian friends, without exception, their immediate reaction was one of mirth, they giggled and laughed. Most of them not realising that the joke was on them. The boot was on the other foot. Though the word "anus" is a very small word, only four letters in English, most people have not heard it. One is forced to use the colloquial substitute which I hesitate to reproduce here, nor will I use the same in public meetings because of people's hypersensitivity - because in the words of Abdullah Yusuf All, people "HAD PERVERTED THEIR LANGUAGE ONCE BEAUTIFUL, INTO JARGONS OF EMPTY ELEGANCE AND UNMEANING FUTILITY."

Therefore to ease the situation, in a round-about-way let us say that where you have an "input," you must allow for an "output." The one who eats, must have the call of nature - the toilet or the bush - and our primitive friend smelt the need, which he could never attribute to his Creator. Therefore, he called his God - ATNATU! 'The one without the excretory system or its tail end.

GOD EATS NOT!

This novel concept of God by primitive man, is not really altogether novel. God Almighty conveys the same truth to mankind, as in His Last and Final Revelation - The Holy Qur'an - but in a language so noble, so sublime, as befitting its Author. But because of its very finesse, and refined manner of expression we have overlooked the Message. We are commanded to say to all those who wish to wean us from the worship of the One True God -

SAY: "SHALL I TAKE FOR MY PROTECTOR ANY BUT ALLAH
THE ORIGINATOR OF THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH?

WHEN IT IS HE WHO FEEDS BUT HAS NO NEED TO BE FED."
- Qur'an, Surah An'am 6:14

In other words, we are made to declare that - "WE WILL NOT TAKE ANYONE AS OUR LORD AND PROTECTOR, OTHER THAN ALLAH (Lit. - The One God), WHO IS THE WONDERFUL ORIGINATOR OF THE UNIVERSE.".

Mahir Adnan
03-20-2018, 04:06 PM
https://justislam.wordpress.com/2008...ving-and-fair/

Is Allah good, pure, loving and fair? | Just-islam
Is Allah good, pure, loving and fair? If so, then where does evil, hatred and injustice come from? Allah tells us He is Pure, Loving, and absolutely Just in every respect. He says He is the Best of Judges. He also tells us the life we are in here is a test. He has created…...

azc
03-20-2018, 05:24 PM
Most Muslims are poor with the exception of Gulf arabsWhen was I ever blaming them? All I did was state that with the amount of wrongdoings the Arabs are doing Allah keeps giving them more. If helping oneself and free will lead to prosperity, most of the poverty in the world would diminish. Of course we can blame god, he is helping them and not us.Tell me this who works harder the labor working all day in heat of the desert or the sheikh who owns the building.I dont blame the elites for this actually, they are doing it because it serves their interest, why should they be on the look out for us. The "nafsi Nafsi" ethos applies here.Not angry just upset for getting the short end of the stick.
https://whatisquran.com/273-look-at-...y-affairs.html

rebelutionary
03-20-2018, 11:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
“And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taghoot (all false deities, etc. i.e. do not worship Taghoot besides Allah)” [an-Nahl 16:36].

Hence it is part of the justice of Allah that He has decreed that He will not punish anyone whom the call of the Prophets and Messengers did not reach, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):“And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning)”
[al-Isra’ 17:15]

“This is because your Lord would not destroy the (populations of) towns for their wrongdoing (i.e. associating others in worship along with Allah) while their people were unaware (so the Messengers were sent)”
[al-An ‘am 6:131].

But Allah has not told us the stories of all the Messengers; rather He has only told us the stories of some of them. He has not told us the stories of most of them, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):“And Messengers We have mentioned to you before, and Messengers We have not mentioned to you”
[an-Nisa’ 4:164].

Based on that, the idea that the Prophets were only sent to one region of the world is not correct; rather Allah sent Messengers to all the nations of the earth.

I suggest you read this thread here before you try exercising your uneducated opinion on this matter:

IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, THE OWNER OF THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT

The Concept of God

For most of us, we presuppose a premise that God is above any need or want - and hold fast to this idea as a firm base for belief.

However, we as a species are diverse and have many languages. And with prejudice, we often build up barriers which stop us from learning about each others true theology.

We may find we have more in common than not.

One of the main factors I see prop up on forums is the idea that if a God is of a different name - it is a different God. If the theology is different, then yes - it's a different god that is worshipped.

But in most cases I have found that people of the world, even parts where Islam may never have reached, have had held onto the idea that God is 1 and is above need and want - is the creator of all. And this alludes to the possibility of prophets who may have visited these people in an ancient past undocumented.

As wondrous as this is, we find ourselves arguing and debating idiots with agendas on forums without giving eachother much of a chance to actually share something amazing which can make us all really take a step back in wonderment and appreciate God in all His magnificence as much as we humanly can.

yes, we still find the odd person who will say "Your God is different to my god because the names are different".

I don't believe it matters, as long as we are referring to the same God - the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth, Everything - we should aim to call him by the best of names.

It's quite fascinating to learn that even the jungle cultures of this world have remarkable similarities to the Monotheistic concept of God, and how the concept relates directly to the rendering of the spoken name of God.

THE ZULU CONCEPT

In South Africa, the Zulus, a very virile and militant people - a nation akin to the Qureish of pre- Islamic Arabia - have given a name to God Almighty - uMVELINQANGI. This word when properly articulated in its own dialect, sounds identical to the Arabic words Walla-hu-gani, meaning - "And Allah is Rich" (Bounteous). It also sounds like "Allegany" of the Red Indians of North America (Remember their ALLEGANY mountain). The origin or real meaning of the word "Allegany," is not commonly known to the American people. But ask any Zulu as to who or what this uMvelinqangi is and he will surely explain to you in Zulu:

"HAWU UMNIMZANI! UYENA, UMOYA OINGCWELE. AKAZALI YENA, FUTHI AKAZALWANGA; FUTHI, AKUKHO LUTMO OLU FANA NAYE."

Believe me, this is almost a word for word translation of Sura Ikhlas, Chapter 112 of the Holy Qur'an.

SAY: HE IS ALLAH THE ONE AND ONLY;

ALLAH, THE ETERNAL ABSOLUTE;

HE BEGETTETH NOT, NOR IS HE BEGOTTEN:

AND THERE IS NONE LIKE UNTO HIM.
- Holy Qur'an 112:1-4

Now, compare the above verses with my free translation of what the Zulu actually said:

"Oh Sir! He is a pure and Holy Spirit, He does not beget and He is not begotten, and further there is nothing like Him."

Every African tribe, South of the Zambesi River, that is, in Southern Africa, have given different names to the Almighty - Tixo, Modimo, uNkulunkulu, etc., and each and every African language group will take pains to explain the same pure and holy concept as the Zulu. It is to the glory of the African nations that though they had no written languages, and hence no written records, therefore not being able to recount the names of their respective prophets, yet not a single one of the tribes ever stooped down to worshipping idols or images of either of men or animals, until the White man first introduced his religion and gave the African his anthropomorphic concept of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, and brought the African down to bowing before the statues of Jesus, Mary, St. Joseph, St. Christopher and so on.

Out of the dozens of African tribes inhabiting this part of the world, not a single one of them ever made "umfanegisos"(images) of their God. Yet they were capable of carving out of wood, elephants and lions, and reproducing men and women also, in clay. Besides, the Zulus also had some knowledge of metallurgy. When questioned an old Zulu as to the reason, why the Africans did not make umfanegisos of their Gods, he replied, "How could we make images of Him (God Almighty) when we know that He is not like a man, He is not like a monkey, or an elephant or a snake: He is not like anything we can think of or imagine. He is a pure and Holy Spirit."

LIKE THE ARABS

This term, uMVELINQANGI, though well known to the Zulus, was not commonly used. Again they were like the pagan Qureish of Pre-Islamic Arabia who knew the name Allah, but passed Him by, because they felt that He was too High, too Pure, too Holy to be approached, so they went for their substitutary and imaginary gods - their Al- Lats, AI-Uzzas and Al-Manats and a hundred besides. The Zulus too would not call upon uMvelinqangi directly, but he was better than the Arab of the Ayyam-ul-jahiliyya (days of ignorance), because he did not go after false gods; he only invoked the spirits of his ancestors to intercede with uMvelinqangi on his behalf, exactly as the Catholics do in invoking the Virgin Mary and the Saints.

The more common term used by the Zulus for their God is uNKULUNKULU which literally means - the Greatest of the Great or the Mightiest of the Mighty (Almighty). More colloquially when taking oath, they would exclaim "iNkosi phe-Zulu" meaning - the Lord Above (knows), or the God in Heaven (knows), or Heaven knows, that I am speaking the truth. The word "zulu" in the language of the Zulu literally means High Heaven, and they consider themselves to be superior to the numerous other tribes of Southern Africa, being in this respect like the Querish among the dwellers of the desert before Islam.

CONCEPT FROM THE EAST

The Hindi word for God Almighty is PRAMATMA. In Sanskrit, the language of ancient India, "Atma" meant the soul, and"Pram-atma" meant the Great and Holy Soul, or the Holy Spirit, which is really a beautiful description of the "Father" in Heaven. The Bible says, "God is Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth" (John 4:24). Not in form, shape or size, but in SPIRIT.

Despite his pantheistic* interpretation of the Divinity, the name the Hindu gives the Supreme Being, in his classical language, is OM (Aum), which means Guardian or Protector. A very suitable attribute about which the Muslim can have no misgivings.

* "Pantheism:" a doctrine in which people believe that God is everything, and everything is God. The Muslim puts the right emphasis when he says - "EVERYTHING IS GOD'S!" Do you realise the stupendous difference this apostrophe 's makes to the concept of God?

CONCEPT FROM THE WEST FROM THE WEST

The Anglo/Saxon and the Teuton in their own and other allied European languages call their object of worship "GOD" or words of similar sound and import, i.e.

God in English;
Got in Afrikaans (the language of the descendants of the Dutch from Holland in South Africa);
Gott in German; and
Gudd in Danish, Swedish and Norwegian languages.

The ancient Phoenicians called their God - ALLON - (not far from Allah if we could only hear it articulated), and the Canaanites - ADO. The Israelites not only shared the word EL with the original people of Palestine, but borrowed the name of their chief deity - ADO and turned it into ADONAI, and everywhere the four-letter word YHWH occured in their Holy Scriptures, they read "Adonai" instead of "Yahuwa." You will not fail to notice the resemblance between the Jewish Adonai and the heathen Adonis. ADONIS was a "beautiful godling loved by Venus" in the Greek pantheon.

THE LATIN CONCEPT

In the Latin-dominated languages of Western Europe, where Latin had remained dominant in learning and diplomacy for centuries, the chief term used for God is DEUS:

Deus in Portuguese;
Dieu in French;
Dio in Italian;
Dies in Spanish;
Dia in Scotch and Irish; and
Duw in Welsh.

Surprisingly in all the languages above, Deus and all the similar sounding words mean heaven.

Moulana Vidyarthi, in his monumental work - "Muhammad in World Scriptures," devotes a hundred pages to the names of God in the different languages. And out of a list of 155 attributive names, over 40 of them use the word "Heaven" or the "Above," in their language in describing God. Though the Muslim chants the Asma-ul-husna (the most beautiful names), 99 as derived from the Holy Qur'an with the crowning name, ALLAH; "Heaven" is not one of those ninety-nine attributes. Symbolically, heaven may be described as the abode of God, and in the words of Wordsworth in Tintern Abbey:

WHOSE DWELLING IS THE LIGHT OF SETTING SUNS, AND THE ROUND OCEAN AND THE LIVING AIR, AND IN THE BLUE SKY, AND IN THE MIND OF MAN: A MOTION AND A SPIRIT THAT IMPELS ALL THINKING THINGS, ALL OBJECTS OF ALL THOUGHTS, AND ROLLS THROUGH ALL THINGS.

CONCEPT FROM BEYOND THE FAR EAST

Among all the 155 tantalising names of God in the various tongues, the one that tickled me most was - "A-T-N-A-T-U!"

WHAT IS SO FUNNY OR SO NOVEL ABOUT ATNATU?

The aborgine of South Australia calls his God "Atnatu" because some philosopher, poet or prophet had programmed him, that the Father in Heaven is absolutely free from all needs; He is independant; He needs no food nor drink. This quality, in his primitive, un-inhibited language, he conversely named ATNATU, which literally meant "the One without an anus - the One without any flaw" - i.e. the One from Whom no impurity flows or emanates. When I started sharing this novel idea with Hindu, Muslim and Christian friends, without exception, their immediate reaction was one of mirth, they giggled and laughed. Most of them not realising that the joke was on them. The boot was on the other foot. Though the word "anus" is a very small word, only four letters in English, most people have not heard it. One is forced to use the colloquial substitute which I hesitate to reproduce here, nor will I use the same in public meetings because of people's hypersensitivity - because in the words of Abdullah Yusuf All, people "HAD PERVERTED THEIR LANGUAGE ONCE BEAUTIFUL, INTO JARGONS OF EMPTY ELEGANCE AND UNMEANING FUTILITY."

Therefore to ease the situation, in a round-about-way let us say that where you have an "input," you must allow for an "output." The one who eats, must have the call of nature - the toilet or the bush - and our primitive friend smelt the need, which he could never attribute to his Creator. Therefore, he called his God - ATNATU! 'The one without the excretory system or its tail end.

GOD EATS NOT!

This novel concept of God by primitive man, is not really altogether novel. God Almighty conveys the same truth to mankind, as in His Last and Final Revelation - The Holy Qur'an - but in a language so noble, so sublime, as befitting its Author. But because of its very finesse, and refined manner of expression we have overlooked the Message. We are commanded to say to all those who wish to wean us from the worship of the One True God -

SAY: "SHALL I TAKE FOR MY PROTECTOR ANY BUT ALLAH
THE ORIGINATOR OF THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH?

WHEN IT IS HE WHO FEEDS BUT HAS NO NEED TO BE FED."
- Qur'an, Surah An'am 6:14

In other words, we are made to declare that - "WE WILL NOT TAKE ANYONE AS OUR LORD AND PROTECTOR, OTHER THAN ALLAH (Lit. - The One God), WHO IS THE WONDERFUL ORIGINATOR OF THE UNIVERSE.".

Thank you for that elaborative speech o educated one. The moot point of the thread was pertaining to the fairness of god not the concept of god.

As I have mentioned in another thread I am a muslim in the sense that I believe in Allah and that Mohammad (pbuh) is his last messenger. The thread took a tangent when I asked if Islam is the last message and for all of humanity and 124,000 prophets couldn't some non middle eastern prophets and stories be mentioned so that non middle easterns like me could connect better to it.

I am not from the blood lineage of Ibrahim. So it gets to me that all the greatest prophets (uh lul azam) mentioned were all sent to the middle east.

I questioned the fairness of god because of my personal life events I never asked Allah for a place or the riches of the earth, I questioned his fairness because the amount of effort I have to put in to get something done is far greater than the effort the average joe has to put in to get it.

I was conned by someone I used to consider a very good friend as that friend used to pray regularly was very Islamic minded and I on the other hand wasnt as Islamic as him i.e praying regularly but I have never conned anyone yet Allah keeps giving him more and more, hence my question about his fairness.

Lets get real here, I have to borrow funds on riba to get going which automatically puts me at a disadvantage as opposed to someone who doesn't have to borrow using riba as he or she has an economic resource access advantage.

(O you who have believed, fear Allah and give up what remains (due to you) of interest, if you should be believers. And if you do not, then be informed of a war (against you) from Allah and His Messenger. But if you repent, you may have your principal – (thus) you do no wrong, nor are you wronged.)

Basically I am already at war just for trying to get around.

So tell me o educated one where is the fairness?

Scimitar
03-21-2018, 02:36 AM
Thank you for that elaborative speech o educated one. The moot point of the thread was pertaining to the fairness of god not the concept of god.
The question i replied to - your question - was also not on topic... irony abounds does it not? ;)

As I have mentioned in another thread I am a muslim in the sense that I believe in Allah and that Mohammad (pbuh) is his last messenger.
So you have the seed of faith... make it "grow" ;)

The thread took a tangent when I asked if Islam is the last message and for all of humanity and 124,000 prophets couldn't some non middle eastern prophets and stories be mentioned so that non middle easterns like me could connect better to it.
As I mentioned, you took it the thread off-topic, not me ;) I simply entertained your question.

I am not from the blood lineage of Ibrahim.
Neither am I. So what? ;)

So it gets to me that all the greatest prophets (uh lul azam) mentioned were all sent to the middle east.
The absence of proof does not necessarily result in a proof of absence. Just because you haven't found any traces in history that monotheism was a theme in previous times and places - doesn't mean that monotheism didn't exist in those times and places. I answered you and proved to you that the theme of monotheism was prevalent in other times (history) and places - but you are still singing your broken record! How very interesting ;)

I questioned the fairness of god because of my personal life events I never asked Allah for a place or the riches of the earth, I questioned his fairness because the amount of effort I have to put in to get something done is far greater than the effort the average joe has to put in to get it.
And so will the reward be for your effort! Must you entertain little faith? Did you not know that Allah said this to us:

'Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?' Qur'an 29:2

I was conned by someone I used to consider a very good friend as that friend used to pray regularly was very Islamic minded and I on the other hand wasnt as Islamic as him i.e praying regularly but I have never conned anyone yet Allah keeps giving him more and more, hence my question about his fairness.
You described an hypocrite. They do exist ;) better trust less and wise up more. Tricked once, shame on you - tricked twice, shame on me, as the saying goes ;)

Lets get real here, I have to borrow funds on riba to get going which automatically puts me at a disadvantage as opposed to someone who doesn't have to borrow using riba as he or she has an economic resource access advantage.
My brother, If you have no choice then you cannot be blamed for what you are cornered to do. Islam is the rational middle way - no blame on you for being forced to do something to ensure your survival. A Muslim can even eat pork if his life is in danger of dying from hunger, after all.

(O you who have believed, fear Allah and give up what remains (due to you) of interest, if you should be believers. And if you do not, then be informed of a war (against you) from Allah and His Messenger. But if you repent, you may have your principal – (thus) you do no wrong, nor are you wronged.
You quoted Qur'an 2:278-9... keep going, don't stop there:

And if someone is in hardship, then [let there be] postponement until [a time of] ease. But if you give [from your right as] charity, then it is better for you, if you only knew. Qur'an 2:230 I recommend you study the tafsir of what I have underlined!

I also recommend that you take it easy on your self. Islam is not a burden on you - but a relief!!!

Basically I am already at war just for trying to get around.
No, you are just (rightfully) emotional, and this is understandable.

So tell me o educated one where is the fairness?
Away from your perspective - but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist - you are the one denying it... accept it and you will see that your perspective has changed. And when that happens, you have witnessed change!

Peace!

eesa the kiwi
03-21-2018, 05:12 AM
You're ignoring the millions of blessings Allah has bestowed upon you to focus on the few things you don't have

What about your eyesight? When was the last time you thanked Allah for your eyes
What about your hearing or the fact you aren't in a wheelchair? When was the last time you thanked Allah for those

Allah has blessed you with so much and then you have the cheek to whine about him

You are the one not being fair

BurningHeart
03-21-2018, 07:40 AM
Sigh, There is not a need to write a lot if your concept of Islam just revolves around this worldly realm, not looking towards the day of judgement. Nevertheless, it seems you have some issues with Gulf Shaykhs getting petrodollars easily while they are enjoying their lives. If you truly have Imaan down to your heart, then please do study the tafseer of these verses. فَلَمَّا نَسُوا مَا ذُكِّرُوا بِهِ فَتَحْنَا عَلَيْهِمْ أَبْوَابَ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ حَتَّىٰ إِذَا فَرِحُوا بِمَا أُوتُوا أَخَذْنَاهُم بَغْتَةً فَإِذَا هُم مُّبْلِسُونَ - 6:44“So, when they forgot (the warning) with which they had been reminded, We opened for them the gates of every (pleasant) thing, until in the midst of their enjoyment in that which they were given, all of a sudden, We took them (in punishment), and lo! They were plunged into destruction with deep regrets and sorrows” [al-An’aam 6:44].وَلَا تَحْسَبَنَّ اللَّهَ غَافِلًا عَمَّا يَعْمَلُ الظَّالِمُونَ ۚ إِنَّمَا يُؤَخِّرُهُمْ لِيَوْمٍ تَشْخَصُ فِيهِ الْأَبْصَارُ - 14:42“Consider not that Allaah is unaware of that which the Zâlimûn (polytheists, wrongdoers) do, but He gives them respite up to a Day when the eyes will stare in horror”If you are truly lazy or reluctant to look on the tafseer, then please do ask mufti google about 'what does Islam says regarding Istidraj (respite).' InshaAllah you will find beautiful, amazing, lovely and charming articles to fulfil your question. p.s There are some few more loop holes in your arguments, but lets leave it here for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but can the mods please format the above post. Not sure how it all crammed up together when I ensured it was written in paragraphs.

*charisma*
03-22-2018, 04:53 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Do you know of anyone who has a lot less than you??

'Abd-al Latif
03-30-2018, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Does anybody know which prophets were sent to the following nations?

Australia
China
Japan
UK
USA

Peace
We don't know. That Prophet that was sent for every single nation is Muhammad (pbuh). It doesn't matter that he was of Arab descent or that Allah chose the Arabic language as the language for His religion. Islam is a religion for all people, places, and times. This is all that really counts. Even if you knew the names and message of the Prophets that visited the above places, all of those prophets would be obliged to follow the message of Muhammad as he is the seal of all the Prophets before him.

cinnamonrolls1
03-30-2018, 09:19 PM
We don't know. That Prophet that was sent for every single nation is Muhammad (pbuh). It doesn't matter that he was of Arab descent or that Allah chose the Arabic language as the language for His religion. Islam is a religion for all people, places, and times. This is all that really counts. Even if you knew the names and message of the Prophets that visited the above places, all of those prophets would be obliged to follow the message of Muhammad as he is the seal of all the Prophets before him.
just bouncing this back to @czgibson ( too lazy to scroll all the way and find the post, sorry!)
There may well have been prophets sent to those places, but the thing is those places arenr the same places we think of today when we think of japan etc. Kinda random and probably very irrelevent, but just my two cents( or pence even)

czgibson
03-30-2018, 10:02 PM
Greetings,

Thank you for the replies; I learned something today.

So it turns out that you don't know. Are there estimates as to how many prophets existed in total vs. the list of known prophets up until the very last?

Yes, cinnamon rolls, you are correct. Countries' names and land borders have changed over time.

Peace

AabiruSabeel
03-30-2018, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Thank you for the replies; I learned something today.

So it turns out that you don't know. Are there estimates as to how many prophets existed in total vs. the list of known prophets up until the very last?

Yes, cinnamon rolls, you are correct. Countries' names and land borders have changed over time.

Peace
This is off topic but since you asked, it is estimated that there were almost 124,000 prophets in total but only 25 of them are mentioned by name in the Quran. The first of them was Adam :as:, the father of all human beings, and the last of them was Muhammad :saws:. Allah says that he has sent a prophet in every nation.

See http://legacy.quran.com/16/36
http://legacy.quran.com/13/7

Also see http://legacy.quran.com/40/78

rebelutionary
04-03-2018, 03:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

Do you know of anyone who has a lot less than you??
Yes I do, I also know people who have way more than me.... whats your point?

Misbah-Abd
04-03-2018, 06:11 PM
Yes I do, I also know people who have way more than me.... whats your point?
The point is be grateful of what you have and quit whining.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.