PDA

View Full Version : Why do Muslims kill?



99sobi
01-04-2018, 02:50 PM
Muslims do not kill. Islam is a religion of peace and compassion, and killing another human being without a valid, lawful reason is a sin. There are many misconceptions about killing in Islam because of what we see in the media and what we see committed by inhumane terrorists. In'sha'Allah I will try to clear these misconceptions as best as I can in this post.

Firstly, we must see what the Qur'an says about killing.

And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell to abide therein; and the Wrath and the Curse of Allah are upon him, and a great punishment is prepared for him. (4:93)

Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited you from: Join not anything in worship with Him; be good and dutiful to your parents; kill not your children because of poverty - We provide sustenance for you and for them; come not near to Al-Fawahish (shameful sins, illegal sexual intercourse) whether committed openly or secretly; and kill not anyone whom Allah has forbidden, except for a just cause (according to Islamic law). This He has commanded you that you may understand. (6:151)

And do not kill anyone whose killing Allah has forbidden, except for a just cause. And whoever is killed wrongfully (Mazluman intentionally with hostility and oppression and not by mistake), We have given his heir the authority [to demand Qisas, - Law of Equality in punishment - or to forgive, or to take Diyah (blood money)]. But let him not exceed limits in the matter of taking life (i.e he should not kill except the killer). Verily, he is helped (by the Islamic law). (17:33)

Except those who join a group, between you and whom there is a treaty (of peace), or those who approach you with their breasts restraining from fighting you as well as fighting their own people. Had Allah willed, indeed He would have given them power over you, and they would have fought you. So if they withdraw from you, and fight not against you, and offer you peace, then Allah has opened no way for you against them. (4:90)

Secondly, the misconception that many non Muslims have is that the Qur'an tells us to "kill the disbelievers wherever they are". They reference, in particular, this verse:

And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah is worse than killing. And fight not with them at Al-Masjid-Al-Haram (the sanctuary at Makkah), unless they (first) fight you there. But if they attack you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers. (2:191)

If we look at the context, the Muslims at this time were being persecuted (word: fitna) by the non-Muslims in Mecca and they were forced to leave their homes. Eventually, a treaty was signed, but the Quraish had broken this treaty. This is why self-defence was permitted, but there are many commands in the Qur'an for peace:

But if they cease, then God is Forgiving and Merciful. (2:192)

But if they cease, then let there be no hostility except against the oppressors. (2:193)

And if anyone of the polytheists asks you for protection, give him protection so that he may hear the Word of God; then escort him to his place of safety. That is because they are a people who do not know. (9:6)

So, in reality, the Qur'an only allows killing in times of persecution, war, and self-defence. Killing those who are innocent civilians, who have surrendered, and who have no hostility, is absolutely forbidden, as is the killing of children and women.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
01-04-2018, 03:34 PM
I already knew this because I had a case in the past where someone said that Islam was violent and I had to investigate to prove him wrong...so I also stumbled upon these verses...but still great post:thumbs_up
Reply

Nitro Zeus
01-05-2018, 12:06 AM
No no no, Muslims are not killers, because, Islam is not a violent religion at all, God loves To see peace on Earth and not only in here, everywhere, and because of phony ISIS made others to think that Islam is a violent religion, and if it wasn’t ISIS, now many people would no longer hate Islam, because ISIS don’t exist. May God Almighty Punish ISIS severely in this life and also in Hereafter because they disturb the peace of the world and don’t let others alone and because they are big L and they are liers; they act like they are Muslims while in reality they are not Muslims but big losers with big L in their faces, because Muslims are not killers, they( Muslims) are a peaceful nation and only ISIS plays with other’s people mind and make them think like that. And you’ll not see any religion in this world that is violent, every religion orders peace.
Reply

Ümit
01-05-2018, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
No no no, Muslims are not killers, because, Islam is not a violent religion at all, God loves To see peace on Earth and not only in here, everywhere, and because of phony ISIS made others to think that Islam is a violent religion, and if it wasn’t ISIS, now many people would no longer hate Islam, because ISIS don’t exist. May God Almighty Punish ISIS severely in this life and also in Hereafter because they disturb the peace of the world and don’t let others alone and because they are big L and they are liers; they act like they are Muslims while in reality they are not Muslims but big losers with big L in their faces, because Muslims are not killers, they( Muslims) are a peaceful nation and only ISIS plays with other’s people mind and make them think like that. And you’ll not see any religion in this world that is violent, every religion orders peace.
Every religion orders peace. every religion teaches roughly the same morals. this because every religion has the same origin...which is Islam. Islam is much older than the oldest religion.

before the ISIS, there was the Taliban...and Al Qaida...the Hamas...the Hezbollah...and many other terrorist groups which resulted people to hate Islam.
There are a lot of sick people out there trying to give Islam a bad name.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Nitro Zeus
01-05-2018, 12:05 PM
I wonder, if people don’t want to become Muslims and die even if they heard about Islam and they don’t enter because they think Islam is an violent religion, would they not get Punished by God? Would this be an excuse on the Day of Judgment for non Muslims who died hearing Islam?
Reply

sister herb
01-05-2018, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by umie
Every religion orders peace. every religion teaches roughly the same morals. this because every religion has the same origin...which is Islam. Islam is much older than the oldest religion.

before the ISIS, there was the Taliban...and Al Qaida...the Hamas...the Hezbollah...and many other terrorist groups which resulted people to hate Islam.
There are a lot of sick people out there trying to give Islam a bad name.
I strongly disagree to label Hamas as terrorist organization. You should looking for more information about them and their basic reasons for the fight for the rights of Palestinians against zionist occupation as well the corrupted Fatah.
Reply

99sobi
01-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
I wonder, if people don’t want to become Muslims and die even if they heard about Islam and they don’t enter because they think Islam is an violent religion, would they not get Punished by God? Would this be an excuse on the Day of Judgment for non Muslims who died hearing Islam?
Bismillah,

In the Qur'an, Allah, may He be exalted, says:

Those who reject Faith, and die rejecting,- on them is Allah's curse, and the curse of angels, and of all mankind (2:161)

As to those who reject Faith, and die rejecting,- never would be accepted from any such as much gold as the earth contains, though they should offer it for ransom.For such is (in store) a penalty grievous, and they will find no helpers. (3:91)

All disbelievers will be in the hellfire, as Allah explains many times in the Qur'an. Those who have heard the word of Islam have been given the chance to turn to Islam, but they rejected, and Allah is just; he gives them many chances in life to be guided to the straight path, but they do not heed, and they will be punished for their ignorance and rejection of Islam.
Reply

Nitro Zeus
01-05-2018, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by 99sobi
Bismillah,

In the Qur'an, Allah, may He be exalted, says:

Those who reject Faith, and die rejecting,- on them is Allah's curse, and the curse of angels, and of all mankind (2:161)

As to those who reject Faith, and die rejecting,- never would be accepted from any such as much gold as the earth contains, though they should offer it for ransom.For such is (in store) a penalty grievous, and they will find no helpers. (3:91)

All disbelievers will be in the hellfire, as Allah explains many times in the Qur'an. Those who have heard the word of Islam have been given the chance to turn to Islam, but they rejected, and Allah is just; he gives them many chances in life to be guided to the straight path, but they do not heed, and they will be punished for their ignorance and rejection of Islam.
Alright, but what about those who are not guided and they die as non Muslims even if they just heard the word Islam and know nothing about Islam and heard a little bit things about prophet Muhammad and die without understanding the things from Islam? Will they be Punished by God?
Reply

99sobi
01-05-2018, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Alright, but what about those who are not guided and they die as non Muslims even if they just heard the word Islam and know nothing about Islam and heard a little bit things about prophet Muhammad and die without understanding the things from Islam? Will they be Punished by God?
If they died without the Shahadah in their hearts, then they are disbelievers and they died rejecting. Only Allah knows what will happen to them but they are among the disbelievers if they did not heed the message of Islam and seek further knowledge and clarification about it.
Reply

Ümit
01-05-2018, 06:24 PM
İ think İ understand what nitro is trying to ask:
There are some reformed christian communities in Europe...much like the Amish...higly religious god-fearing people...very dedicated to God...TV is not allowed at home because it is evil...so they are cut off the world...the only time they hear about İslam is when a crazy İSİS member has been terrorizing a train station somewhere...so İslam is evil and definitely not worth investigating.
Those people...who actually believe in God...they have heard about İslam but only in a bad way...and never had the chance or...it didn't cross their mind to investigate...what about those people? Will they be punished or not? There are a lot of them...and similar communities over the world
Reply

IslamLife00
01-05-2018, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Alright, but what about those who are not guided and they die as non Muslims even if they just heard the word Islam and know nothing about Islam and heard a little bit things about prophet Muhammad and die without understanding the things from Islam? Will they be Punished by God?
Originally Posted by umie
İ think İ understand what nitro is trying to ask:
There are some reformed christian communities in Europe...much like the Amish...higly religious god-fearing people...very dedicated to God...TV is not allowed at home because it is evil...so they are cut off the world...the only time they hear about İslam is when a crazy İSİS member has been terrorizing a train station somewhere...so İslam is evil and definitely not worth investigating.
Those people...who actually believe in God...they have heard about İslam but only in a bad way...and never had the chance or...it didn't cross their mind to investigate...what about those people? Will they be punished or not? There are a lot of them...and similar communities over the world
The non muslims who have never heard of Islam, or heard of Islam but incorrect or incomplete for some reason, or live in a time / condition of which they did not have access to Islam / muslims who could show / tell them about Islam – on Judgement Day these people will be resurrected (as we all will be) and a messenger will inform them about Islam (correctly and completely so that they understand fully and able to decide to accept or not). Those who do not accept Islam, straight to jahannam. Those who accept Islam, will be given a test – those who fail, straight to jahannam and those who succeed, go to jannah for all their bad deeds are erased. Allah Most Knowing who these people are. They will be in a group of their own.

I have never read hadith about this, or maybe I did but forgot, I heard it in a lecture so I could be wrong. Allah Knows best. Also the event mentioned is on Judgement Day, but we know there is also trial in the grave and we know the questions Nakir and Munkar will ask in the grave. I am not entirely sure if these non muslims will be exempt to punishment in the grave or not. About those who have access to information about Islam, but do not make the efforts to find out (maybe too busy, too much stress/problems in life etc) I am not entirely sure about them either. Allah Knows best.
Reply

Nitro Zeus
01-05-2018, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by IslamLife00
The non muslims who have never heard of Islam, or heard of Islam but incorrect or incomplete for some reason, or live in a time / condition of which they did not have access to Islam / muslims who could show / tell them about Islam – on Judgement Day these people will be resurrected (as we all will be) and a messenger will inform them about Islam (correctly and completely so that they understand fully and able to decide to accept or not). Those who do not accept Islam, straight to jahannam. Those who accept Islam, will be given a test – those who fail, straight to jahannam and those who succeed, go to jannah for all their bad deeds are erased. Allah Most Knowing who these people are. They will be in a group of their own.

I have never read hadith about this, or maybe I did but forgot, I heard it in a lecture so I could be wrong. Allah Knows best. Also the event mentioned is on Judgement Day, but we know there is also trial in the grave and we know the questions Nakir and Munkar will ask in the grave. I am not entirely sure if these non muslims will be exempt to punishment in the grave or not. About those who have access to information about Islam, but do not make the efforts to find out (maybe too busy, too much stress/problems in life etc) I am not entirely sure about them either. Allah Knows best.
What about those who accepted Islam on the Day of Judgment and then one of them failed His test? Will after they entered Hell, God will Take them out? Or they will remain forever?
Reply

manofIslam
01-06-2018, 02:24 AM
What, specifically, are you referring to; when you ask: Why do Muslims kill?
Reply

IslamLife00
01-06-2018, 02:35 AM
Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
What about those who accepted Islam on the Day of Judgment and then one of them failed His test? Will after they entered Hell, God will Take them out? Or they will remain forever?
by Mercy of Allah, they may be allowed intercession from Prophet Muhammad SAW. because the prophet's intercession is for every muslim, and if they accept Islam (albeit on the Last Day) they are muslims too.

this is my understanding. Allah Knows best.
Reply

talibilm
01-06-2018, 03:10 AM
:sl:

Muslims with right knowledge of islam never resort to kill anyone UNLESS Under the valid Sharia law Under the sharia country.
Reply

Mahir Adnan
02-15-2018, 02:49 PM
it's crystal clear that,Americans are killing Muslims. I guess, it's valid to kill equal amount from them :Evil:
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
02-15-2018, 03:46 PM
Because they have some whacked up issues and believe theyre pleasing allah- or yanno they're just the same as other non religous folk who do kill and have mental issues
Reply

Silas
02-15-2018, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by Mahir Adnan
it's crystal clear that,Americans are killing Muslims. I guess, it's valid to kill equal amount from them :Evil:
Muslims are killing a lot more Muslims than Americans are

Sunnis and Shia have been killing each other for ages, Deobandis routinely kill other Muslims in Pakistan and Afghanistan, and Arab Israelis working for the IDF shoot Palestinians. ISIS just kills everyone.

You have far more to fear from your fellow Muslims than you do from Americans. I do not say this to criticize Muslims or Islam, but it is simply a fact.
Reply

azc
02-15-2018, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Silas
Muslims are killing a lot more Muslims than Americans areSunnis and Shia have been killing each other for ages, Deobandis routinely kill other Muslims in Pakistan and Afghanistan, and Arab Israelis working for the IDF shoot Palestinians. ISIS just kills everyone.You have far more to fear from your fellow Muslims than you do from Americans. I do not say this to criticize Muslims or Islam, but it is simply a fact.
Your innocence is praiseworthy
Reply

ChosenTCO
02-15-2018, 06:58 PM
Reply

Karl
02-15-2018, 10:09 PM
I suppose people would have to become vegans to stop the killing. Imagine that, a world of vegans that cannot spill blood, no war only peace and harmony. I wonder what vegans taste like?:D But seriously Islam does not promote killing of people, only the naughty Muslims do that. Considering how much grief the Muslim nations get from the imperialists from afar, they are too peaceful, cow towing and apologetic. But I suppose they fear death where as the warmongers fear life.
Reply

Misbah-Abd
02-15-2018, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Silas

You have far more to fear from your fellow Muslims than you do from Americans. I do not say this to criticize Muslims or Islam, but it is simply a fact.
Tell that to the innocent Muslim civilians that suffer the airstrikes from U.S. drones and bombers. Oh wait, those deaths are just "collateral damage". Actually white Americans have killed more people in acts of domestic terrorism than Muslims since 9/11. And that is simply a fact. 18 school shootings this year already. I told my wife last night that America fights Islam and kills Muslims all around the globe and since Muslims are too weak to fight back that perhaps Allah is causing the Americans to kill themselves in retaliation for their transgressions in their Foreign Policy. Maybe that is just "collateral damage" on yourselves. And also look how many natural disasters that the U.S. faces every year in every season. Hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, wildfires, mudslides, blizzards, sinkholes, droughts, floods, etc. It is because of their inequities. And Allah Knows Best.
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
02-15-2018, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by ChosenTCO
Where did you find this? It's brilliant!
Reply

ChosenTCO
02-16-2018, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Where did you find this? It's brilliant!
First found it on a facebook post about islam and stuff :D ... that was a long long time ago!
Reply

Mahir Adnan
02-16-2018, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Silas
Muslims are killing a lot more Muslims than Americans are

Sunnis and Shia have been killing each other for ages, Deobandis routinely kill other Muslims in Pakistan and Afghanistan, and Arab Israelis working for the IDF shoot Palestinians. ISIS just kills everyone.

You have far more to fear from your fellow Muslims than you do from Americans. I do not say this to criticize Muslims or Islam, but it is simply a fact.
I don't want to argue, dude.but,I believe, except for isis (khawarij) each claim is false. whatever, I am not interested in history.
Reply

Karl
02-16-2018, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Silas
Muslims are killing a lot more Muslims than Americans are

Sunnis and Shia have been killing each other for ages, Deobandis routinely kill other Muslims in Pakistan and Afghanistan, and Arab Israelis working for the IDF shoot Palestinians. ISIS just kills everyone.

You have far more to fear from your fellow Muslims than you do from Americans. I do not say this to criticize Muslims or Islam, but it is simply a fact.
Fear some naughty Muslims more than the "Great Satan"? You must be joking. Now the West is making a big fuss about the Rohingya refugees. It looks like they will be gearing up for an invasion of Burma, a great strategic location and lots of recourses to exploit and they can have more control over India, East Pakistan and South East Asia. The plan is to control most of the highly populated parts of Asia. I am not sure what China will do, probably kneel to the West as it has become corrupt, decadent and greedy for money.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-14-2015, 05:49 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 10:19 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 10:23 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 01:25 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 04:56 AM
HeartHijab.com | Hijab Sale | Pound Shop | UK Wholesale Certified Face Masks, Hand Sanitiser & PPE

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!