/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mourning in Islam

99sobi
02-07-2018, 08:08 AM
Salaam

I was just seeking some clarifications about the hadith regarding the length of mourning.

Is it three days after the death of the person, or three days after his janazah? Because sadly my father passed away on Saturday, and three days have gone (and we all went to the masjid and ate there, etc), but his janazah will most likely be on Friday (as they are conducting a post-mortem to find out the reason for the death, it's a law in this country).

Jazakallah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
eesa the kiwi
02-07-2018, 09:32 AM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon

I don't know the answer but I'm sorry for your loss. May Allah forgive your father and may he make things easy for your family

AabiruSabeel
02-07-2018, 02:08 PM
:wasalam:

inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'oon. May Allah :swt: forgive him and grant him Jannatul Firdaus. May Allah help you in this difficult time.

The time for condolence starts after the death and it can continue after the burial as well.

ChosenTCO
02-07-2018, 05:06 PM
la hawla walaa Kuwata illa billah. Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon.
My condolences brother. May Allah rain down his mercy and blessings upon his soul and grant him paradise.
Stay strong and seek comfort through prayer and calling upon Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jazzyj7
02-07-2018, 10:27 PM
sorry bro

Zafran
02-08-2018, 12:32 AM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon

IslamLife00
02-08-2018, 04:14 AM
inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

The hadiths I found say about prohibition on women mourning more than 3 days except for her husband. Is this applicable to men, Allah knows best.

- - - Updated - - -

I misread the question.

According to this hadith, it's 3 days after death.

It was narrated that Zainab bint Umm Salamah said:"Umm Habibah said: 'I heard the Messenger of Allah say: It is not permissible for a woman who believes in Allah and the Last Day to mourn for anyone who dies for more than three days, except for a husband; (she mourns for him for) four months and ten (days)." (Sunan An Nasa'i)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.