/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why would a woman marry without permission?

MiracleSurvivor
02-17-2018, 05:54 PM
There is a Kuwaiti woman who married against her parents permission to marry my Lebanese uncle. They fled to Canada, yet Lebanon or Kuwait will not register their marriage nor their children citizenship because their marriage is invalid.

Why would anyone do this in the first place?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misbah-Abd
02-17-2018, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MiracleSurvivor
There is a Kuwaiti woman who married against her parents permission to marry my Lebanese uncle. They fled to Canada, yet Lebanon or Kuwait will not register their marriage nor their children citizenship because their marriage is invalid.

Blind, blameworthy love.

ahmed.younes
02-17-2018, 06:57 PM
I'm pretty sure that when it comes to marriage its permissible to override your parents if they are being unreasonable.. Here's a comprehensive fatwa on the matter https://islamqa.info/en/98768

azc
02-17-2018, 07:43 PM
It's preferable to take the consent of parents for marriage

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zafran
02-18-2018, 03:40 AM
It is but there is that famous Hanifi opinion......

anatolian
02-18-2018, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MiracleSurvivor

Why dont you ask it to your aunt in law?

- - - Updated - - -

“Its better for a daughter to marry the wrong man rather than marrying the man she doesnt want” Imam Abu Hanifa

فصيح الياسين
02-18-2018, 07:14 PM
“Its better for a daughter to marry the wrong man rather than marrying the man she doesnt want” Imam Abu Hanifa

From Where did you took this bro?
It will be extremely grateful to show reference

Sent from my GT-I9301I using IslamicBoard mobile app

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.