/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dua thread

azc
02-24-2018, 09:57 AM
اللهم اغفر لي خطيئتي وجهلي وإسرافي في أمري وما أنت أعلم به مني اللهم اغفر لي جدي وهزلي وخطئي وعمدي وكل ذلك عندي

Allahummagh firli khatiati wa jahli wa israfi fi amri wa ma anta a’alamu bihi minni. Allahummagh firli jiddi wa hazli wa khatai wa ‘amdi wa kullu dhalika ‘indi

Imam Muslim (rahimahullah) has recorded these words as a du’a of Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam). Imam Bukhari (rahimahullah) has recorded the du’a with variation in the wording.

(Sahih Muslim, Hadith: 2719, Sahih Bukhari, Hadith: 6398-6399)

Translation:

O Allah, forgive my errors and ignorance, my extravagance/immoderation in all of my affairs and what You know best of me. O Allah, forgive me my errors what I do seriously, what I do in jest and what I do intentionally. All of these [faults] are in me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
02-24-2018, 12:29 PM
Sayyiduna Anas Ibn Malik (radiyallahu’anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) would recite the following supplication when the Month of Rajab would commence:

اَللّٰهُمَّ بَارِكْ لَناَ فِيْ رَجَبٍ وَشَعْبانَ وَبَلّغْنَا رَمَضَانْ

Allahumma baarik lana fi Rajaba wa Sha’bana wa balligh-na Ramadan

Translation:

Oh Allah! Grant us Barakah (Blessing) during (the months of) Rajab and Sha’ban, and allow us to reach Ramadan.

(Shu’abul-Iman, Hadith: 3534, Ibnu Sunni, Hadith: 660, Mukhtasar Zawaid Bazzar, Hadith: 662, also see Al-Adhkar, Hadith: 549)

Authenticity

This Hadith is classified as weak but suitable for practice.

To say that this du’a is baseless is exaggerate.
‘Allamah Nawawi (rahimahullah) said the chain is slightly weak. (Al-Adhkar, Hadith: 549)

Hafiz Ibn Rajab Al-Hambali (rahimahullah) says this narration is suitable to prove the merit of reciting this du’a -“istihbab”. Lataif, pg.172.

‘Allamah Muhammad Tahir Al-Fatani (rahimahullah) declares it weak and suitable to practice in this instance. (Tadhkiratul Mawdu’at, pg.117)

It should be noted that weak Hadiths that have du’as can be implemented.

ChosenTCO
02-24-2018, 01:12 PM
Quran 3:8

رَبَّنَا لاَ تُزِغْ قُلُوبَنَا بَعْدَ إِذْ هَدَيْتَنَا وَهَبْ لَنَا مِن لَّدُنكَ رَحْمَةً إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْوَهَّابُ
Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower.

99sobi
02-24-2018, 01:18 PM
Du'as for anxiety, stress or sorrows:

1. That which was narrated by Ahmad (3528) from ‘Abdullah ibn Mas‘ood, who said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “No person suffers any anxiety or grief, and says: ‘Allaahumma innee ‘abduka wa ibn ‘abdika wa ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika, maadin fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka, as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi ‘andak an taj’ala al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi (O Allah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’an the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety)’ but Allah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy.” It was said: O Messenger of Allah, should we not learn them (these words)? He said: Yes indeed; whoever hears them should learn them.”

2. That which was narrated by Abu Dawood (5090) and Ahmad (27898) from Abu Bakrah, that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The du’aa’ of the person who is in distress is: ‘Allaahumma rahmataka arjoo fa laa takilni ilaa nafsi tarfat ‘ayn wa aslih li sha’ni kullahu laa ilaaha illa anta (O Allaah, for Your mercy I hope, so do not leave me in charge of my affairs even for the blink of an eye; rectify all my affairs. There is no god except You)’”

3. That which was narrated by Muslim (2730) from Ibn ‘Abbaas, that the Prophet of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) used to say, when he felt distressed:“La ilaaha ill-Allaah al-‘Azeem ul-Haleem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabb il-‘arsh il-‘azeem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabb is-samawaati wa Rabb il-ard wa Rabb il-‘arsh il-kareem (there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne; there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne).”

4. It was also narrated that Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: If something upset him, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would say: “Yaa Hayyu yaa Qayyoom bi rahmatika astagheeth (O Ever Living, O Sustainer, by Your mercy I seek help).” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3524; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 3182.

5. It was narrated that Sa’d ibn Abi Waqqaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The prayer of Dhu’l-Noon when he was in the belly of the fish: ‘Laa ilaaha illa Anta, subhaanaka inni kuntu min al-zaalimeen (There is no god but You, glory to You, verily I was one of the wrongdoers).’ A Muslim never calls upon his Lord with these words concerning any matter, but his prayer is answered.”

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
02-24-2018, 03:46 PM
“I seek refuge in You from the evil [i.e. punishment] of what I did and from the evil of what I did not [perpetrate as yet]”

Imam Muslim (rahimahullah) has recorded this du’a. Farwah ibn Nawfal Al Ashja’i (rahimahullah) once asked Sayyidah ‘Aaishah (radiyallahu ‘anha) to inform him of a du’a that Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) would make. She narrated the du’a in question.
(Sahih Muslim, Hadith: 2716)

اللهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا عَمِلْتُ وَمِنْ شَرِّ مَا لَمْ أَعْمَلْ
Transliteration

Allahumma inni a’udhu bika min sharri ma ‘amiltu wa min sharri ma lam a’amal

azc
02-25-2018, 05:04 PM
Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) is reported to have said:

“Whoever recites the following du’a after entering the bazar, will receivea millionrewards, one million sins of his shall be forgiven, his rank will be raised by a million stages and (in some narrations) he will receive a palace in Jannah”

لا إِلٰه إلا اللُه وَحدَه لا شَريكَ لَه، له المُلْكُ وله الحَمْدُ، يُحْيِي وَيُمِيتُ، وَهو حَيٌّ لا يَمُوتُ بِيَدِه الخَيْرُ، وَهُوَ عَلٰى كُلّ شَيْءٍ قَدير

La ilaha illallahu wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul mulku wa lahul hamdu yuhyi wa yumitu wahuwa hayyun la yamutu biyadihil khayru wahuwa ‘ala kulli shay in qadir.

This Du’a is reported by several Muhaddithun in their respective works. Some of these books are:
1) Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 3428-3429
2) Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith: 2235
3) Musnad Ahmad Hadith: 327
4) Mustadrak Haakim, vol. 1 pgs. 538-539
5) Al-Mukhtarah of Imam Diyau Din Al-Maqdisi (rahimahullah) (vol. 1 pgs. 296-299 Hadith: 186-188, also see: Sharhul Ihyaa, vol. 5 pg. 511)
6) Kitabu Du’a of Imam Tabarani (rahimahullah) pgs. 251-252 Hadith: 789-793

http://www.al-miftah.com/authenticit...for-the-bazar/

azc
02-26-2018, 09:37 AM
اللهم اغفر لي خطيئتي وجهلي وإسرافي في أمري وما أنت أعلم به مني اللهم اغفر لي جدي وهزلي وخطئي وعمدي وكل ذلك عندي

Allahummagh firli khatiati wa jahli wa israfi fi amri wa ma anta a’alamu bihi minni. Allahummagh firli jiddi wa hazli wa khatai wa ‘amdi wa kullu dhalika ‘indi

Translation

O Allah, forgive my errors and ignorance, my extravagance/immoderation in all of my affairs and what You know best of me. O Allah, forgive me my errors what I do seriously, what I do in jest and what I do intentionally. All of these [faults] are in me.

azc
02-26-2018, 10:30 AM
حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْمُثَنَّى قَالَ: نا عُمَرُ بْنُ يُونُسَ الْيَمَامِيُّ قَالَ: نا عِكْرِمَةُ بْنُ عَمَّارٍ قَالَ: حَدَّثَنِي أَبُو زُمَيْلٍ قَالَ: حَدَّثَنِي ابْنُ عَبَّاسٍ قَالَ: حَدَّثَنِي عُمَرُ بْنُ الْخَطَّابِ قَالَ: لَمَّا كَانَ يَوْمُ بَدْرٍ نَظَرَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ إِلَى الْمُشْرِكِينَ وَهُمْ أَلْفٌ، وَإِلَى أَصْحَابِهِ وَهُمْ ثَلَاثُ مِائَةٍ وَسَبْعَةَ عَشَرَ رَجُلًا فَاسْتَقْبَلَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ الْقِبْلَةَ ثُمَّ مَدَّ يَدَيْهِ فَجَعَلَ يَهْتِفُ بِرَبِّهِ يَقُولُ: أَنْجِزْ لِي مَا وَعَدْتَنِي، اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّ تُهْلِكْ هَذِهِ الْعِصَابَةَ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْإِسْلَامِ لَا تَعْبُدُ فِي الْأَرْضِ أَبَدًا، قَالَ: فَمَا زَالَ يَهْتِفُ بِرَبِّهِ مَادًّا يَدَيْهِ حَتَّى سَقَطَ رِدَاؤُهُ عَنْ مَنْكِبَيْهِ، فَأَتَاهُ أَبُو بَكْرٍ فَأَخَذَ رِدَاءَهُ فَأَلْقَاهُ عَلَى مَنْكِبَيْهِ، ثُمَّ الْتَزَمَهُ مِنْ وَرَائِهِ وَقَالَ: يَا نَبِيَّ اللَّهِ كَفَاكَ مُنَاشَدَتُكَ رَبَّكَ فَإِنَّهُ سَيُنْجِزُ لَكَ مَا وَعَدَكَ، فَأَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ (إِذْ تَسْتَغِيثُونَ رَبَّكُمْ فَاسْتَجَابَ لَكُمْ أَنِّي مُمِدُّكُمْ بِأَلْفٍ مِنَ الْمَلَائِكَةِ مُرْدِفِينَ) قَالَ: وَأَمَدَّهُ اللَّهُ بِالْمَلَائِكَةِ” وَهَذَا الْحَدِيثُ لَا نَعْلَمُهُ يُرْوَى بِهَذَا اللَّفْظِ عَنْ عُمَرَ إِلَّا مِنْ هَذَا الْوَجْهِ

This Hadith is recorded in Sahih Muslim with a negligible variation in wording.

(Sahih Muslim, Hadith: 4563)
above dua is recorded in Musnad Bazzar, hadith: 196)

Translation of the version in Sahih Muslim:

Sayyiduna ‘Umar (radiyallahu ‘anhu) said: It was the Day of Badr, Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) looked towards the Mushrikin and they numbered 1000 whilst his companions numbered 313 men. Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) faced the Qiblah, stretched out his hands and started calling out to his Rabb:

‘O Allah, grant me what You promised me. O Allah, give me what You promised me. O Allah, if this band of Muslims are destroyed, You will not be worshipped on the land.’
He continued calling out to his Rabb, hands stretched out, facing towards the Qiblah, until his shawl dropped from his shoulders,''

Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radiyallahu ‘anhu) came to him, took his shawl and placed it back on his shoulders and he held Nabi (sallallahu’alayhi wasallam) from behind him and said:

‘O Nabi, you have appealed [enough] to your Rabb, soon He will grant you what you were promised.’

azc
02-26-2018, 01:35 PM
Nabi (sallallahu’alayhi wasallam) said: “If any of you awakens at night in fear he should recite:

أعوذ بكلمات الله التّامّات من غضبه وعقابه وشرّ عباده ومن همزات الشّياطين وان يحضرون

A’udhu bi kalimatillahit tammati min ghadabihi wa ‘iqabihi wa sharri ‘ibadihi wa min hamazati shayatin wa ay yahdurun
Sayyiduna Abdullah Ibn ‘Amr (radiyallahu’anhuma) used to teach his children who reached the age of understanding these Kalimat (phrases) and for those children who did not reach the age of puberty (understanding) he would write these Kalimat and hang it around their necks.

(Sunan Tirmidhi, hadith: 3528 & Abu Dawud, hadith: 3889)

Declared sound (hasan) by Imam Tirmidhi (rahimahullah) and others. See: at-Targhib vol.2 pg.456

azc
03-02-2018, 05:35 PM
اللَّهُمَّ زَيِّنَّا بِزِينَةِ الْإِيمَانِ وَاجْعَلْنَا هُدَاةً مُهْتَدِينَ

Allahumma zayyinna bizinatil Iman waj’alna hudatam muhtadin

O Allah, adorn us with the beauty of Islam, make us rightly guided and make us guide others

1.Sunan Nasai; Al Mujtaba (1305, 1306)
2.Musannaf ‘Abdur Razzaq (19647)
3.Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah (29958)
4.Sahih Ibn Hibban; Al Ihsan (1971)
5.Mustadrak Hakim (vol. 1 pg. 524/525)

azc
03-03-2018, 11:18 AM
اللهم إني أعوذ بك من غنى يطغي، ومن فقر ينسي، ومن هوى يردي، ومن عمل يخزي

Allahumma inni a’udhu bika min ghinan yutghi, wa min faqrin yunsi, wa min hawan yurdi, wa min ‘amalin yukhzi

O Allah! I seek Your protection from wealth that will cause me to transgress, poverty that will cause me to forget [You], desires that will ruin me and actions that will embarrass me.

Imam Abu Bakr ibn Abi Shaybah (rahimahullah) has recorded this on the authority of ‘Ali Al Azdi (rahimahullah) as a du’a of Nabi Dawud (‘alayhis salam).

(Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah, Hadith: 29991. Also see, Hadith: 29997 and Musnad Abu Ya’la, Hadith: 4352)

azc
03-04-2018, 03:29 AM
وروي عن بعض الصحابة رضي الله تعالى عنه , أنه قال: إذا رأى أحد منكم منكرا لا يستطيع النكير عليه، فليقل ثلاث مرات اللهم إن هذا منكر فلا تؤاخذني به، فإذا قال ذلك فله ثواب من أمر بالمعروف ونهى عن المنكر

It has been reported that a Sahabi said: “When anyone sees some wrong taking place and he is unable to express his disapproval, he should recite the following du’a thrice: Allahumma inna hadha munkarun fa la tua-khidhni bihi [O Allah this is something wrong so do not take me to task for it]. If he says this, he will be rewarded for enjoining good and forbidding evil

(Tambihul Ghafilin, pg. 98)

azc
03-04-2018, 06:13 AM
“Whoever says seven times in the morning and evening

‘HasbiyAllahu la ilaha illa huw ‘alayhi tawakkaltu wa huwa Rabbul ‘Arshil ‘Adhim‘,

حسبى الله لا إله إلا هو عليه توكلت وهو رب العرش العظيم

''Allah is sufficient for me, there is no Deity except Him. I place my trust in Him and He is the Rabb of the great throne''

Allah Ta’ala will take care of his worries.”

Imam Abu Dawud (rahimahullah) has recorded this narration as the statement of Sayyiduna Abu Darda (radiyallahu ‘anhu) with a sound chain.
However, the nature of this narration is not such that Sayyiduna Abud Darda (radiyallahu ‘anhu) could have thought up applying logic. It will therefore be understood, that he heard this from Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).

(Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 5081. Also see: Targhib, vol. 1 pg. 451, Al Adhkar, Hadith: 236, Nataijul Afkar, vol. 2 pg. 423 and Tafsir Ibn Kathir, end of Surah Tawbah)
Imam Ibnus Sunni (rahimahullah) has recorded the narration as the statement of Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), on the authority of Sayyiduna Abud Darda (radiyallahu ‘anhu).
(‘Amalul Yawmi Wal Laylah, Hadith: 72)

azc
03-04-2018, 08:43 AM
Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar (radiyallahu ‘anhuma) says, ‘In one gathering, we would count in one gathering that Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) would say ‘Rabbigh firli wa tub ‘alayya innaka antat tawwaburrahim/ghafur.’

إن كنا لنعد لرسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم في المجلس الواحد مائة مرة رب اغفر لي، وتب علي، إنك أنت التواب الرحيم

[O Allah, forgive me and accept my repentance, for indeed You are the One who accepts repentance, and theMerciful/Forgiving]

(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 3434, Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 1511, Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith: 3814)
Imam Tirmidhi has declared the Hadith authentic (hasanun sahih).

azc
03-05-2018, 02:39 AM
Du’a when wearing clothes on a daily basis

“Alhmadulillahil ladhy kasani hadha warazaqanihi min ghairi hawlim minni wala quwwah”

One who recites this when wearing clothes will have all his past (minor) sins forgiven.

(Mustadrak Hakim, vol.4 pg.192-193. Declared sahih by Imam Hakim & concurred by Imam Mundhiri- Targhib, vol.2 pg.93. Imam Tirmidhi & Hafiz ibn Hajar have declared this narration in general as sound. Sunan Tirmidhi, hadith: 3458 & Sharhul Adhkar, vol.1 pg.300)

azc
03-05-2018, 05:39 AM
اللهم أرني الحق حقاً وارزقني اتباعه ، وأرني الباطل باطلا وارزقني اجتنابه

Allahumma ariniyal haqqa haqqaw warzuqniyat tiba’ah, wa ariniyal batila batilaw warzuqniyaj tinabah

O Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.

(See Sharhul Ihya, vol.10 pg.106)
Hafiz Ibn Kathir (rahimahullah) has referred to this du’a as: a ‘reported du’a’ (الدعاء المأثور) with the following words:

اللهم أرنا الحق حقاً وارزقنا اتباعه ، وأرنا الباطل باطلا وارزقنا اجتنابه ولا تجعله ملتبسا علينا فنضل واجعلنا للمتقين إماما

(Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Surah Baqarah, Ayah: 213)

azc
03-05-2018, 09:38 AM
While boarding a ship and recite the following, will be protected from drowning:

1) Surah Zumar, Verse: 67

وما قدروا الله حق قدره والأرض جميعا قبضته يوم القيامة والسماوات مطويات بيمينه سبحانه وتعالى عما يشركون

2) Surah Hud, Verse: 41
بسم الله مجراها، ومرساها إن ربي لغفور رحيم

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.

- - - Updated - - -

^^
Al Adhkar, Hadith: 607, Al Hisnul Hasin, pg. 96, Nataijul Afkar, pg. 164, Al Faruq Al Hadithah edition, Al Futuhatur Rabbaniyyah, vol. 5 pg. 135-137, Faydul Qadir, Hadith: 1613.

azc
03-05-2018, 03:37 PM
du’a before meals:

بسم الله و بركة الله

Bismillahi wa Barakatillah

Al-Mu’jamus Saghir, vol.1 pg.69.
Also see: Majma’uz Zawaid, vol.10 pg.318.

azc
03-06-2018, 08:15 AM
Dua before wearing new clothes:

الحمد لله الذي كساني ما أواري به عورتي واتجمّل به في حياتي

‘Alhamdulillahi ladhi kassani ma uwari bihi ‘awratiy wa atajammalu bihi fi hayati’

(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 3560, Al Mustadrak, vol.4, pg.193)

azc
03-06-2018, 11:04 AM
اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لا إِلَهَ إِلا أَنْتَ خَلَقْتَنِ ي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْت ُ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِ كَ عَلَيَّ وَأَبُوءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي فَإِنَّهُ لا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلا أَنْتَ

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Anta Khalaqtani wa ana abduka, wa ana 'ala ahdika wa wa'dika mastata'tu, A'udhu bika min Sharri ma sana'tu, abu'u Laka bini'matika 'alaiya, wa Abu Laka bidhanbi faghfirli innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunub a illa anta

O Allah! You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshippe d but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowled ge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You.

Bukhari

azc
03-06-2018, 12:14 PM
رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

Rabbana innanā amanna, faghfir lana, dh unoobana wa-qinna 'a dh āāban-naar

Our Lord! We have indeed believed: forgive us, then, our sins, and save us from the agony of the Fire
[surah Ali' Imran; 3:16]

سُبْحَنَ رَبِّنَآ إنَّا كُنَّا ظَلِمِينَ

Subhāna Rabbina inna kunna dh alimeen

Glory to our Lord! Verily we have been doing wrong!
[68:29]

لَّا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنتَ سُبْحَانَك َ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِ ينَ

La illaha illa Anta Subhanak, inni kuntu min a dh - dh alimeen

There is no God but You; Glory be to You, Truly I have been one of the wrongdoer s
[Surah al-Anbiyah, 21: 87]

azc
03-07-2018, 04:34 AM
اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْنِي ْ مِنَ الَّذِيْنَ إِذَا أَحْسَنُوْ ا اسْتَبْشَر ُوْا ، وَ إِذَا أَسَاءُوْا اسْتَغْفَر ُوْا

Allahumaj 'alna minal ladhina idha ahsanus tabasharti, wa idha asa'us- taghfaru

O Allah! make me among those who, when they commit an act of virtue, rejoice; and when they commit a mistake, seek forgivenes s

[narrated by A'isha (radiAllahu anhu) - ibn Majah; #3810]

سُبْحَنَكَ تُبْتُ إلَيْكَ وَ أنَاْ أوَّلُ الْمُؤْمِن ِينَ
Subhānaka tubtu ilaiyka wa 'ana awwal-ul mu'mineen

Glory be to Thee! To Thee I turn in repentance , and I am the first to believe
[surah al-A'raf, 7:143]

اللَّهُمَّ اعْفِرْلِى ذَنْبِئ كُلَّهُ، و جِلَّهُ، وَ أوَّلَهُ وَ آخِرَهُ عَلا نِيَتَهُ وَ سِرَّهُ
Allahumma -ghfir li dh anbi kullahu, diqqahu wa jillahu, wa awwalahu wa akhirahu, wa 'ala niyatahu wa sirrahu

O Allah! Forgive me all my sins, great and small, the first and the last, those that are apparent and those that are hidden
[Muslim 1:350]

azc
03-07-2018, 05:59 AM
اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِيْ ذَنْبِيْ ، وَ اخْسِئْ شَيْطَانِي ْ ، وَ فُكَّ رِهَانِيْ ، وَ ثَقِّلْ مِيْزَانَي ْ ، وَ اجْعَلْنِي ْ فِي النَّدِيِّ الْأَعْلى

Allahumag h-fir li dhamdi, wakhsi' shaytani, wa fukka rihani, wa thaqqil mizani, waj'alni fin-nadiyyil a'la

O Allah! Forgive my sins, expel my Shaytan, and redeem my pledge. Make my scales heavy and make me from among the highest class (in the Hereafter) [narrated by abu al-Azhar al-Anmari (radiAllahu anhu) - abu Dawud; #4395]

اللَّهُمَّ إنِّي أسْألُكَ يَا اللَّهُ بِأنَّكَ الْوَاحِدّ ُ الأحَدُ الصَّمَدُ الَّذِي لَمْيَلِدْ وَ لَمْ يُولَدْ وَلَمْ يَكُنْ لَهُ كُفُواً أحَدٌ، أنْ تَغْفِرَ لِي ذُنُوبِي إنَّكَ أنْتَ الْغَفُورُ الَّحِيمُ

Allahumma inni asaluka ya Allahu bi annakal Wahidul Ahadu s-S amadul la dh i, lam ya-lid wa lam youlad, wa lam yakullahu kufuwan Ahad, an taghfirali dh unoobi innaka Antal Ghafūūrur Raheem

O Allah! I ask You, O Allah, You are the One, the Only, Self Sufficient Master, who was not begotten and begets not and none is equal to Him. Forgive me my sins, surely you are Forgiving, Merciful. [Abu Dawud, an Nasa'i, ibn Majah, at Tirmidhi]

أسْتَغْفِر ُ اللَّهَ وَ أتُوبُ إلَيْهِ

Astaghfirull aha wa atūūbu ilai (hi)

I seek the Forgivenes s of Allah and repent to Him.
[to be reicted 100 times during the day]
[Sahih al Bukhari, Muslim 4:2075]

azc
03-07-2018, 08:46 AM
Allahumag h-fir li khatayaya wa dhunubi kullaha. Allahumma n 'ashni, wa ahyini, war zuqni, wah dini lisalihil 'a'mali wal 'akhlaq, innahu la yahdi lisalihiha wa la yasrifu sayyi'aha, illa Ant.

O Allah! Forgive all of my sins and mistakes. O Allah! Elevate me, give me life and provisions, and guide me to pious deeds and morals. Verily, no-one leads to the pious deeds and morals, and no-one protects from the evil ones, Except You.

[narrated by abu Ayyub al-Ansari (radiAllahu anhu) - Hakim; #1540 and #5942, Tabarani]

سُبْحَانَك َ اللَّهُمَّ وَ بِحَمْدِكَ، أشْهَدُ أنْ لا إلهَ إلَّا أنْتَ، أسْتَغْفِر ُكَ وَ أتُوبُ إلَيْكَ

Subhanakal -Lahumma wa bihamdik, ash-hadu allaillaha illa ant, astaghfiruk a wa'atoobu ilaiyk

Glory be to You, O Allah, and all Praise, I testify that there is no deity but You, I seek Your Forgivenes s and to You do I repent.

[3 times] [recommen ded for at the end of meetings, atoning for infractions during it] [at Tabari, an Nasa'i, al Hakim]

اللَّهُمَّ اِنّى اسْتَغْفِر ُكَ لِذَنْبِى وَ اسْئَلُكَ رَحْمَتَكَ

Allahumma inni astaghfiruk a li dh anbi wa as'aluka rahmatak
O Allah! I ask You for Forgivenes s for my sins, and for Your Mercy.
اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْلِى خَطَايَاىَ وَ ذُنُوْبِى كُلِّهَا

Allahumma ghfirli kha t āyaya wa dh unubi kullaha

O Allah! Forgive all my sins and ommission s.

azc
03-07-2018, 03:55 PM
اللهُمَّ سَيْبًا نَافِعًا
Allahumma sayban nafi’a

O Allah, let it be a beneficial downpour.

(Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith: 3889, Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah, Hadith: 29833 and As Sunanul Kubra, Hadith: 1842)

azc
03-07-2018, 05:59 PM
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْجُوعِ، فَإِنَّهُ بِئْسَ الضَّجِيعُ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْخِيَانَةِ، فَإِنَّهَا بِئْسَتِ الْبِطَانَةُ

Allahumma inni a’udhi bika minal ju’i fa innahu bi’sad daji’u wa a’udhu bika minal khiyanati fa innaha bi’satil bitanatu

O Allah! I seek Your protection against hunger for it is an evil bedmate and I seek Your protection from treachery/deception for it is an evil hidden trait.

(Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 1542, Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith: 3354 and Sahih Ibn Hibban; Al Ihsan, Hadith: 1029)

99sobi
03-07-2018, 09:01 PM
Due to all the competition and hard struggle during the day, it is quite natural that people become stressed. It is this stress that sometimes takes the shape of anger while in other times it causes depression, both of which are not favorable, hence it is imperative that a Muslim keeps control when under stress of pressure. Pertaining to facing any discomfort or being unhappy about something, Prophet Muhammad (:saws:) used to recite the following Dua:

لآَ اِلَهَ اِلاَّ اللهُ الْحَلِيْمُ الْحَكِيْمُ لآَ اِلَهَ اِلاَّ اللهُ رَبُّ الْعَرْشِ الْعَظِيْم لآَ اِلَهَ اِلاَّ اللهُ رَبُّ السَّمَاوَاتَ وَاْلاَرْضِ وَرَبُّ الْعَرْشِ الْكَرِيْمِ

Transliteration – “Laa ilaaha il’lal laahul Haleemul Hakeemu – Laa ilaaha il’lal laahu Rab’bul Arshil Azeem – Laa ilaaha il’lal laahu Rab’bus Samawaati wal Ardi wa Rab’bul Arshil Kareem”.

Translation – “There is none worthy of worship except Allaah, The Fore-bearing, The All Wise. There is none worthy of worship except Al’laah, The Lord of the Exalted Throne. There is none worthy of worship except Al’laah, The Lord of the Skies and The Lord of the Earth and the Lord of the distinguished Throne”. [Tirmidhi Vol.2 Pg. 181]

This Dua under stress shows the submissiveness of a person to the Authority and Supremacy of Allah Almighty, which represents the ideology that only He is the one Who can provide relief or assistance during stressful and discomforting situations.

SOURCE

azc
03-08-2018, 03:12 AM
اللهم حاسبني حسابا يسيرا

Allahumma hasibni hisabay yasira

O Allah! Grant me an easy reckoning

(Musnad Ahmad, vol. 6 pg. 48, Sahih Ibn Khuzaymah, Hadith: 849, Sahih Ibn Hibban, Hadith: 7372. Also see: Sahih Bukhari, Hadith: 103-4939 and Sahih Muslim, Hadith: 2876)

azc
03-09-2018, 12:25 PM
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْجُوعِ، فَإِنَّهُ بِئْسَ الضَّجِيعُ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْخِيَانَةِ، فَإِنَّهَا بِئْسَتِ الْبِطَانَةُ

Allahumma inni a’udhi bika minal ju’i fa innahu bi’sad daji’u wa a’udhu bika minal khiyanati fa innaha bi’satil bitanatu

O Allah! I seek Your protection against hunger for it is an evil bedmate and I seek Your protection from treachery/deception for it is an evil hidden trait.

(Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 1542, Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith: 3354 and Sahih Ibn Hibban; Al Ihsan, Hadith: 1029)

azc
03-09-2018, 05:36 PM
du’a for the settling of debts:

اللهُمَّ اكْفِنِي بِحَلالِكَ عَنْ حَرامكْ، وَأَغْنِني
بِفَضْلِكَ عَمَّنْ سِواك

‘Allahummak finee bi halalika an haramik wa aghninee bi fadhlika amman siwak.’

Translation: O Allah! Let the Halal things you provide suffice me from haram, and by Your Grace, keep me independent from all besides You.

(Sunan Tirmidhi – Imam Tirmidhi rahimahullah has classified this narration as hasan (sound) – hadith 3563.)

azc
03-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Allahumma aadim baynana

Once when Rasulullah (sallallahu’alaihi wasallam) was informed a discord between two spouses, he recited the above du’ a.

(Musannaf ibn Abi Shaybah, Hadith: 30495)

azc
03-11-2018, 09:12 AM
Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah ibn Hisham (radiyallahu ‘anhu) reports that the Sahabah (radiyallahu ‘anhum) would learn the following du’a for whenthe new month or new year would begin:

اللهم أَدْخِلْهُ عَلينا بِالأمْنِ وَالإيمان وَالسَّلامَةِ وَالإسْلام وَرِضْوَانٍ مِّنَ الرَّحْمن وِجوارٍ مِّنَ الشَّيْطان

Allahumma adkhilhu ‘alayna bil amni wal iman, was salamati wal islam, wa ridwanim minar Rahman, wa jiwarim minash shaytan

Translation

O Allah, bring this [month or year] upon us with security, iman, safety, Islam, your pleasure and protection from shaytan.

(Al-Mu’jamul Awsat of Tabarani, Hadith: 6237)

azc
03-11-2018, 01:44 PM
Imam Ahmad and Imam Tabarani (rahimahumallah) have recorded this du’a on the authority of Sayyidah Ummu Salamah (radiyallahu ‘anha) who says, “I said to Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), ‘Teach me a du’a to supplicate for myself. Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said,

Say, ‘Allahummagh firli dhanbi wa adh-hib ghayza qalbi wa ajirni min mudillatil fitan’

“O Allah, forgive my sins, remove the rage in my heart, and protect me from the trials of misguidance”

(Musnad Ahmad, vol. 6 pg. 302 with slight addition in the wording and Kitabud Du’a, Hadith: 1439)

azc
03-15-2018, 12:58 PM
Du’a for protection from the hardships of sakarat (pangs of death):

Allahumma a’inni ‘ala sakaratil mawt

Allah, assist me in the difficulty of death and at the time of sakarat.

(Mustadrak Hakim hadith3731, 4386 – Hafiz Dhahabi has authenticated this hadith)

azc
03-21-2018, 08:38 AM
Du’a of Prophet Ibrahim ( alaihi as-salam)

Rabbi ij`alnee muqeema as-salaati wa min thurreeyyatee
Rabbanaa wa taqabbal du`aa

O my Lord! Make me one who performs As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât )
and (also) from my offspring, Our Lord!And accept my invocation

[Surah Ibrahim: 14:40]

azc
03-21-2018, 09:21 AM
Rabbij-‘al haazal-balada ‘aaminan wajnubnee wa baniyya ‘an na’budal-‘asnaam.

O my Lord! Make this city (Makkah) one of peace and security, and keep me and my sons away from worshipping idols

[Soorah Ibraaheem (14):35]

azc
03-21-2018, 10:57 AM
رَبِّ هَبْ لِي حُكْمًا وَأَلْحِقْنِي بِالصَّالِحِينَ
My Lord! Bestow Hukm on me, and join me with the righteous

وَاجْعَل لِّي لِسَانَ صِدْقٍ فِي الْآخِرِينَ
And grant me an honorable mention in later generations

وَاجْعَلْنِي مِن وَرَثَةِ جَنَّةِ النَّعِيمِ
And make me one of the inheritors of the Paradise of Delight

[Surah Ash-Shu’araa 26:83-85]

Tafseer Ibn Kathir of above Verses:

Here Ibrahim, upon him be peace, asks his Lord to give him Hukm. Ibn `Abbas said, “This is knowledge.”
وَأَلْحِقْنِى بِالصَّـلِحِينَ
(and join me with the righteous.) means, `make me one of the righteous in this world and the Hereafter.’ This is like the words the Prophet said three times when he was dying:
»اللَّهُمَّ فِي الرَّفِيقِ الْأَعْلَى«
(O Allah, with the Exalted Companion (of Paradise)).
وَاجْعَل لِّى لِسَانَ صِدْقٍ فِى الاٌّخِرِينَ
(And grant me an honorable mention in later generations.) meaning, `cause me to be remembered in a good manner after my death, so that I will be spoken of and taken as a good example.’ This is like the Ayah,
وَتَرَكْنَا عَلَيْهِ فِى الاٌّخِرِينَ سَلَـمٌ عَلَى إِبْرَهِيمَ كَذَلِكَ نَجْزِى الْمُحْسِنِينَ
(And We justify for him (a goodly remembrance) among the later generations: “Salam (peace) be upon Ibrahim. Thus indeed do we reward the good doers.) (37:108-110)
وَاجْعَلْنِى مِن وَرَثَةِ جَنَّةِ النَّعِيمِ
(And make me one of the inheritors of the Paradise of Delight.) meaning, `bless me in this world with honorable mention after I am gone, and in the Hereafter by making me one of the inheritors of the Paradise of Delight.’

azc
03-21-2018, 05:00 PM
Sayyiduna Abu Darda (radiyallahu ‘anhu) said:

“Whoever says seven times in the morning and evening ‘HasbiyAllahu la ilaha illa huw ‘alayhi tawakkaltu wa huwa Rabbul ‘Arshil ‘Adhim‘, Allah Ta’ala will take care of his worries.”

(Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 5081. Also see: Targhib, vol. 1 pg. 451, Al Adhkar, Hadith: 236, Nataijul Afkar, vol. 2 pg. 423 and Tafsir Ibn Kathir, end of Surah Tawbah)

azc
03-22-2018, 11:30 AM

azc
03-23-2018, 07:21 AM
A du’a to recite when one is unable to stop evil:

وروي عن بعض الصحابة رضي الله تعالى عنه , أنه قال: إذا رأى أحد منكم منكرا لا يستطيع النكير عليه، فليقل ثلاث مرات اللهم إن هذا منكر فلا تؤاخذني به، فإذا قال ذلك فله ثواب من أمر بالمعروف ونهى عن المنكر

It has been reported that a Sahabi said: “When anyone sees some wrong taking place and he is unable to express his disapproval, he should recite the following du’a thrice: Allahumma inna hadha munkarun fa la tua-khidhni bihi [O Allah this is something wrong so do not take me to task for it]. If he says this, he will be rewarded for enjoining good and forbidding evil

(Tambihul Ghafilin, pg. 98)

azc
03-24-2018, 03:24 AM
the du’a of the Tab’i, Sa’id ibn Jubayr (rahimahullah).

اللهم إني أسألك صدق التوكل عليك وحسن الظن بك

Allahumma inni as-aluka sidqat tawakkuli ‘alayka wa husnaz dhanni bika

O Allah! I ask You to grant me true reliance on You and good expectations of You.

(Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah, Hadith: 36491, Hilyatul Awliya, vol. 4 pg. 274, Siyaru A’alamin Nubala, vol. 4 pg. 325)

azc
03-24-2018, 05:03 PM
عن أنس بن مالك رضي الله عنه قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: الدعاء لا يرد بين الأذان والإقامة قالوا: فماذا نقول يا رسول الله؟ قال: سلوا الله العافية في الدنيا والآخرة )ترمذي رقم 3594(

Hazrat Anas (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “The duaa made between azaan and iqaamah is not rejected.” The Sahaabah asked: “O Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), so what duaa should we make?” Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) replied: “Ask Allah Ta’ala for aafiyah in this world and the Hereafter.”

azc
03-25-2018, 01:42 PM
Before commencing one’s tahajjud salaah, one should recite Takbeer (Allahu Akbar) ten times, Tahmeed (Alhamdulllah) ten times, Tasbeeh (SubhaanAllah) ten times, and Istighfaar (Astaghfirullah) ten times. Thereafter one should recite the following Duaa

اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي وَاهْدِنِي وَارْزُقْنِي وَعَافِنِي أَعُوذُ بِاللَّهِ مِنْ ضِيقِ الْمَقَامِ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ

O Allah, forgive my sins, guide me to the straight path, grant me sustenance and bless me with aafiyah (good health and good conditions). I seek the protection of Allah from the difficulty of the day of Qiyaamah.

عن عاصم بن حميد قال: سألت عائشة ماذا كان النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم يفتتح به قيام الليل ؟ قالت لقد سألتني عن شيء ما سألني عنه أحد قبلك . كان يكبر عشرا . ويحمد عشرا . ويسبح عشرا . ويستغفر عشرا . ويقول: اللهم اغفر لي واهدني وارزقني وعافني ( ويتعوذ من ضيق المقام يوم القيامة . )ابن ماجة رقم 1356، ابو داود رقم 766(

Hadhrat Aasim bin Humaid (Rahmatullahi Alaih) reports: “I once asked Hadhrat Aaisha (Radhiyallahu Anha) regarding the zikr which Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) used to recite at the time of Tahajjud before commencing his Tahajjud salaah. Hadhrat Aaisha (Radhiyallahu Anha) replied: ‘You asked me regarding something that no one before you has asked me.’ She then said: ‘Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) would recite Takbeer (Allahu Akbar) ten times, Tahmeed (Alhamdulllah) ten times, Tasbeeh (SubhaanAllah) ten times, and Istighfaar (Astaghfirullah) ten times. Thereafter he would recite the following Duaa and then seek protection in Allah Ta’ala from the difficulty of the day of Qiyaamah.
اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي وَاهْدِنِي وَارْزُقْنِي وَعَافِنِي

azc
03-26-2018, 12:54 PM
One should recite the following duaa in the morning or at night

لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ، وَاللهُ أَكْبَرُ، لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ، لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ، لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ، وَلَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللهِ

There is none worthy of worship besides Allah Ta’ala, and Allah Ta’ala is the greatest. There is none worthy of worship besides Allah Ta’ala who is alone. There is none worthy of worship besides Allah Ta’ala who has no partner. There is none worthy of worship besides Allah Ta’ala to whom belongs the entire kingdom and for Him is all praise. There is none worthy of worship besides Allah Ta’ala, and there is no ability (to avoid sins) and no power (to do good) except with the help of Allah Ta’ala.

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه يرفع الحديث إلى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم قال: من قال: لا إله إلا الله، والله أكبر، لا إله إلا الله وحده لا إله إلا الله لا شريك له، لا إله إلا الله، له الملك وله الحمد، لا إله إلا الله، ولا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله، يعقدهن خمسا بأصابعه، ثم قال: من قالهن في يوم أو ليلة أو في شهر ثم مات في ذلك اليوم، أو في تلك الليلة، أو في ذلك الشهر، غفر له ذنبه )جامع الأحاديث رقم 23273( ]1[

Hadhrat Abu Hurayrah (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “The one who recites the followingduaain the day or night or in a month, and passes away on that day or night or in that month, his (minor) sins will be forgiven.

]1[ عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه يرفع الحديث إلى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم قال: من قال: لا إله إلا الله، والله أكبر، لا إله إلا الله وحده لا شريك له، لا إله إلا الله، له الملك وله الحمد، لا إله إلا الله، ولا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله، يعقدهن خمسا بأصابعه، ثم قال: من قالهن في يوم أو ليلة أو في شهر ثم مات في ذلك اليوم، أو في تلك الليلة، أو في ذلك الشهر، غفر له ذنبه )السنن الكبرى للنسائي رقم 9773(

azc
03-26-2018, 06:47 PM
اللهم إني أعوذ بك من منكرات الأخلاق، والأعمال والأهواء

Allahumma inni a’udhu bika min munkaratil akhlaqi wal a’amali wal ahwa

O Allah, I seek Your refuge from evil character, evil actions and evil desires

(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 3591. Also see: Sahih Ibn Hibban; Al Ihsan, Hadith: 960)

azc
03-27-2018, 06:48 AM
If a person is in difficulty or hardship, he should reply to the words of the azaan, and thereafter recite the following Duaa. After completing the Duaa, he should beg Allah Ta’ala to ease his difficulty and hardship:

اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّ هَذِهِ الدَّعْوَةِ الصَّادِقَةِ الْمُسْتَجَابَةِ الْمُسْتَجَابِ لَهَا دَعْوَةِ الْحَقِّ، وَكَلِمَةِ التَّقْوَى، أَحْيِنَا عَلَيْهَا وَأَمِتْنَا عَلَيْهَا، وَابْعَثْنَا عَلَيْهَا، وَاجْعَلْنَا مِنْ خِيَارِ أَهْلِهَا أَحْيَاءً وَأَمْوَاتًا

O Allah, the Rabb of this true call, which is replied to and accepted, the call of truth and the word of taqwa (piety), keep us alive upon it, grant us death upon it, and resurrect us upon it, and make us from among the best of its people from the living and the dead (i.e. in our lives and after we pass away).

عن أبي أمامة رضي الله عنه، عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم، قال:إذا نادى المنادي فتحت أبواب السماء، واستجيب الدعاء، فمن نزل به كرب أو شدة فليتحين المنادي، فإذا كبر كبروا، وإذا تشهد تشهدوا، وإذا قال: حي على الصلاة، قال: حي على الصلاة، وإذا قال: حي على الفلاح، قال: حي على الفلاح، ثم يقول: اللهم رب هذه الدعوة الصادقة المستجابة المستجاب لها دعوة الحق، وكلمة التقوى، أحينا عليها وأمتنا عليها، وابعثنا عليها، واجعلنا من خيار أهلها أحياء وأمواتا، ثم يسأل الله حاجته. هذا حديث صحيح الإسناد، ولم يخرجاه )حاكم رقم 2004(

Hazrat Abu Umaamah (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “When the muazzin calls out the azaan, the doors of the sky open and duaas are answered. Thus whoever is undergoing difficulty or hardship, then he should seek (the time of) the call of the muazzin. Then he shouldreply to the takbeer of the muazzin by reciting takbeer, and reply to the shahaadah of the muazzin by reciting shahaadah, and reply to ‘Hayya alas salaah’ by reciting ‘Hayya alas salaah’, and reply to ‘Hayya alal falaah’ by reciting ‘Hayya alal falaah’, and thereafter he should recite the following duaa, and seek his need from Allah Ta’ala:

اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّ هَذِهِ الدَّعْوَةِ الصَّادِقَةِ الْمُسْتَجَابَةِ الْمُسْتَجَابِ لَهَا دَعْوَةِ الْحَقِّ، وَكَلِمَةِ التَّقْوَى، أَحْيِنَا عَلَيْهَا وَأَمِتْنَا عَلَيْهَا، وَابْعَثْنَا عَلَيْهَا، وَاجْعَلْنَا مِنْ خِيَارِ أَهْلِهَا أَحْيَاءً وَأَمْوَاتًا

Note:

In this Hadith, it is mentioned that after the muazzin recites Hayya alas salaah and Hayya alal falaah, one should reply to these words by also reciting Hayya alas salaah and Hayya alal falaah. However, in other Ahaadith it is mentioned that after the muazzin recites Hayya alas salaah and Hayya alal falaah, one should reply by saying Laa haula wala quwwata illa billah. Imaam Tahaawi (Rahimahullah) and the great muhadditheen have mentioned that one should practise on both these Ahaadith by reciting both these words. Hence, one should first recite Hayya alas salaah and thereafter Laa haula wala quwwata illa billah. Similarly, one should recite Hayya alal falaah and thereafter Laa haula wala quwwata illa billah.

azc
03-27-2018, 04:11 PM
When leaving the home, one should raise his gaze to the sky and recite the following duaa

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّى أَعُوذُ بِكَ أَنْ أَضِلَّ أَوْ أُضَلَّ أَوْ أَزِلَّ أَوْ أُزَلَّ أَوْ أَظْلِمَ أَوْ أُظْلَمَ أَوْ أَجْهَلَ أَوْ يُجْهَلَ عَلَىّ

O Allah I seek refuge in You that I be misguided or that I become the victim of somebody else’s misguidance, or that I slip or I be caused to slip (through someone) or that I oppress or I become the victim of someone’s oppression, or I behave in an ignorant manner or I am dealt with by others in an ignorant manner.

عن أم سلمة قالت ما خرج النبى صلى الله عليه وسلم من بيتى قط إلا رفع طرفه إلى السماء فقال اللهم إنى أعوذ بك أن أضل أو أضل أو أزل أو أزل أو أظلم أو أظلم أو أجهل أو يجهل على. )ابو داود رقم 5096(

Hadhrat Umme Salamah (Radhiyallahu Anha) said: “Whenever Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) left my home, he would lift his gaze to the sky and recite the following Duaa:

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّى أَعُوذُ بِكَ أَنْ أَضِلَّ أَوْ أُضَلَّ أَوْ أَزِلَّ أَوْ أُزَلَّ أَوْ أَظْلِمَ أَوْ أُظْلَمَ أَوْ أَجْهَلَ أَوْ يُجْهَلَ عَلَى

- - - Updated - - -

One should recite the following duaa when leaving the home

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ تَوَكَّلْتُ عَلَى اللَّهِ لاَ حَوْلَ وَلاَ قُوَّةَ إِلاَّ بِاللَّهِ

In the name of Allah Ta’ala I place my complete reliance and trust upon Allah. There is no ability to do any good and no power to restrain from any harm or evil except through the grace of Allah Ta’ala.

عن أنس بن مالك أن النبى صلى الله عليه وسلم قال إذا خرج الرجل من بيته فقال بسم الله توكلت على الله لا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله. قال:يقال حينئذ هديت وكفيت ووقيت فتتنحى له الشياطين فيقول له شيطان آخر كيف لك برجل قد هدى وكفى ووقى (ابو داود رقم 5097)

Hadhrat Anas (Radhiallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “When a person leaves his home and recites the following Duaa:

بسم الله توكلت على الله لا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله

An angel proclaims, “You have been guided, your needs have been seen to, and you have been protected.” The Shayateen then distance themselves from him, and another shaytaan says: “How can you gain control over a man who has been guided, whose needs have been fulfilled and who has been protected and granted safety?”

azc
03-28-2018, 05:00 PM
عن عقبة بن عامر رضى الله عنه: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: من توضأ فأتم وضوءه، ثم رفع رأسه إلى السماء، فقال: أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وحده لا شريك له، وأن محمدا عبده ورسوله، فتحت له ثمانية أبواب الجنة يدخل من أيها شاء. )المصنف لإبن ابي شيبة رقم 24(

Hadhrat Uqbah bin Aamir (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: Whoever performs a perfect wudhu then raises his gaze towards the sky and recites the following Duaa, the eight doors of Jannat will be opened for him and will be allowed to enter from whichever door he wishes (on the day of Qiyaamah):

أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لاَ إلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ وَأَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ

azc
03-30-2018, 12:35 PM
One should recite the following Duaa upon completing his wudhu:

سُبْحَانَكَ اللهُمَّ وَبِحَمْدِكَ، أشْهَدُ أن لَّا إلهَ إلَّا أنْتَ، أَسْتَغْفِرُكَ وَأَتُوبُ إلَيك

Glory be to You, O Allah, with all Praise; I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except You, I seek Your forgiveness and turn to You in repentance.

عن أبي سعيد الخدري، قال: من قال إذا فرغ من وضوئه: سبحانك اللهم وبحمدك، أشهد أن لا إله إلا أنت، أستغفرك وأتوب إليك، ختمت بخاتم ثم رفعت تحت العرش فلم يكسر إلى يوم القيامة )مصنف رقم 19(

Hazrat Abu Sa’eed Khudri (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports: “Whoever recites the following Duaa upon completing his wudhu, his action of wudhu is sealed with a seal and raised till it reaches beneath the Arsh of Allah Ta’ala, and it will not be broken until the day of Qiyaamah.”

سُبْحَانَكَ اللهُمَّ وَبِحَمْدِكَ، أشْهَدُ أن لَّا إلهَ إلَّا أنْتَ، أَسْتَغْفِرُكَ وَأَتُوبُ إلَيك

azc
04-02-2018, 12:14 PM
اللهم إني أعوذ بك من منكرات الأخلاق، والأعمال والأهواء

Allahumma inni a’udhu bika min munkaratil akhlaqi wal a’amali wal ahwa

O Allah, I seek Your refuge from evil character, evil actions and evil desires

(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 3591. Also see: Sahih Ibn Hibban; Al Ihsan, Hadith: 960)

azc
04-03-2018, 07:38 AM
One should recite the following Duaa whilst making wudhu

اَللّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِى ذنْبِى وَوَسِّعْ لِى فِى دَارِى وَ بَارِكْ لِى فِى رِزْقِى

O Allah! Forgive my sins, make my house spacious for me and grant me blessings in my sustenance.

عن ابى موسى الاشعرى رضى الله عنه قال اتيت رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم بوَضوء فتوضأ فسمعته يدعو و يقول اللهم اغفر لى ذنبى ووسّع لى فى دارى و بارك لى فى رزقى فقلت يا نبى الله سمعتك تدعو بكذا و كذا قال وهل تركن من شيء . )الاذكار للامام النووى ص73 (

Hadhrat Abu Musa Ashari (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports: I brought water to Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) to perform wudhu. He performed wudhu and I heard him reciting the duaaاللهم اغفر لى ذنبى ووسّع لى فى دارى و بارك لى فى رزقى. I then asked him: O Nabi of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) I heard you whilst making wudhu reciting the duaa.اللهم اغفر لى ذنبى ووسّع لى فى دارى و بارك لى فى رزقى Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) replied: Is this Duaa insufficient in any way, (in encompassing all the bounties and favours of Allah Ta’ala?)

azc
04-03-2018, 10:12 AM
Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mas’ood (Radhiallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Whichever Muslim hears the azaan being called out, and replies to the takbeer of the muazzin by reciting takbeer, and replies to the shahaadat of the muazzin by reciting shahaadat, and thereafter he recites the following duaa, he will be granted the intercession of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) on the day of Qiyaamah:

اللهُمَّ أَعْطِ مُحَمَّدًا الْوَسِيلَةَ , وَاجْعَلْ فِي عِلِّيِّينَ دَرَجَتَهُ وَفِي الْمُصْطَفَينَ مَحَبَّتَهُ , وَفِي الْمُقَرَّبِينَ دَارَهُ

O Allah, bless Hadhrat Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) with waseela (the right of interceding for the entire creation on the day of Qiyaamah), and elevate his stages to the highest stage in illiyeen (in Paradise), and bless the hearts of Your chosen servants with his special love, and bless the extremely pious of Your servants with his companionship in the Hereafter.

azc
04-03-2018, 06:52 PM
Du’a when looking in the mirror

Allahumma anta hassanta khalqi fa hassin khuluqi

(Al-Hisnul Hasin, pg. 118 and Silahul Mumin, Hadith:879)

Allahumma hassanta khalqi fa hassin khuluqi ?

(Musnad Abu Ya’la, Hadith: 5075)

azc
04-04-2018, 11:51 AM
‘Amir ibn Abdillah, [The son of Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah ibn Zubayr radiyallahu ‘anhu] when hearing thunder would recite

سبحان الذي يُسَبِّحُ الرعدُ بحمدِهِ والملائكةُ من خِيفَتِه

He would then say, “This is a severe warning for the inhabitants of the Earth”

(Muwatta Imam Malik, Hadith: 2839, Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah, Hadith: 29824 and Al Adabul Mufrad, Hadith: 723)

azc
04-07-2018, 06:09 PM
One should recite the following Duaa upon awakening during the night:

لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَلَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَاللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ وَلَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللَّهِ

There is no deity besides Allah Ta’ala alone, the One who has no partner. To Him belongs the kingdom (of the universe), and for Him is all praise and He has power over everything. All praise is for Allah, Glory be to Allah, there is none worthy of worship besides Allah, and Allah is the greatest. And there is no ability (to avoid sins) and no power (to do good) except with the help of Allah Ta’ala.

عن عبادة بن الصامت رضي الله عنه عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال من تعار من الليل فقال لا إله إلا الله وحده لا شريك له له الملك وله الحمد وهو على كل شيء قدير الحمد لله وسبحان الله ولا إله إلا الله والله أكبر ولا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله ثم قال اللهم اغفر لي أو دعا استجيب له فإن توضأ وصلى قبلت صلاته )بخاري رقم 1154(

Hazrat Ubaadah bin Saamit (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “The one who wakes up during the night and recites the following Duaa, and thereafter says, ‘O Allah, forgive me’ or he makes any duaa, his Duaa will be answered; and if he makes wudhu and performs salaah, his salaah will be accepted.

لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَلَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَاللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ وَلَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللَّه

azc
04-10-2018, 06:15 AM
"And say: `My Rubb! Increase me in knowledge.'' (20:114)

azc
04-10-2018, 12:44 PM
عن زيد بن أرقم رضي الله عنه أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم كان يقول اللهم إني أعوذ بك من علم لا ينفع ومن قلب لا يخشع ومن نفس لا تشبع ومن دعوة لا يستجاب لها رواه مسلم والترمذي والنسائي وهو قطعة من حديث )الترغيب والترهيب 1/167(

Hazrat Zaid bin Arqam (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) used to make the following Duaa: “O Allah, I seek Your protection from such knowledge that does not benefit; and from a heart that does not have khushoo’ (at the time of carrying out ibaadat); and from a nafs that does not get satiated (and content, but rather always desires more of the world); and (I seek protection) from a duaa that is not answered.”

azc
04-11-2018, 11:40 AM
Dua before Sleeping

اَللّهُمَّ بِسْمِكَ أَمُوْتُ وَ أَحْيَ

O Allah, with Your name I die and live
(Bukhari)

Dua Upon Waking Up

اَلْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِىْ اَحْيَانَا بَعْدَ مَا اَمَاتَنَا وَ اِلَيْهِ النُّشُوْرُ

All praise to Allah, who gave us life after having given us death and to him is our final return.

(Bukhari)

azc
04-11-2018, 12:20 PM
Dua Before Eating

بِسْمِ الله وَبَرَكَةِ الله

In the name of Allah and with the blessings of Allah.
(Al-Hisnul Haseen)

Dua if one forgets Dua before eating

بِسْمِ الله اَوَّلَهُ وَاخِرَهُ

In the name of Allah in the beginning and the end.
(Abu Dawood)

Dua After Eating

الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِي أَطْعَمَنَا وَسَقَانَا وَجَعَلَنَا ْمُسْلِمِينَ

All praise is due to Allah, who gave us food and drink and made us Muslims.
(Tirmidhi)

Dua When Dining at Someone’s House

اللَّهُمَّ أَطْعِمْ مَنْ أَطْعَمَنِي وَاسْقِ مَنْ سَقَانِي

O Allah, feeds those who have fed me and satiate those who have satiated me.
(Muslim)

azc
04-11-2018, 02:53 PM
Dua When Leaving the Home

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ تَوَكَّلْتُ عَلَى اللَّهِ وَلَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللَّهِ

In the name of Allah (SWT), I depend on Allah (SWT), and we do not have any power to do good deeds or to avoid evil deeds except with the help of Allah.
(Tirmidhi)

Dua When Entering the Home

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ خَيْرَ الْمَوْلِجِ وَخَيْرَ الْمَخْرَجِ
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ وَلَجْنَا وَعَلَى اللَّهِ رَبِّنَا تَوَكَّلْنَا

O Allah (SWT), I beg of you the blessing of entering and leaving With Allah‘s (SWT) name do we enter and with Alláh’s (SWT) name do we leave, and upon Allah, our Lord, do we rely.
(Abu Dawud)

Dua When Boarding a Vehicle

سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي سَخَّرَ لَنَا هَذَا وَمَا كُنَّا لَهُ مُقْرِنِينَ وَإِنَّا إِلَى رَبِّنَا لَمُنْقَلِبُونَ

Glory be to Him who has brought this under our control whereas we were unable to control it. Surely we are to return to Him.
(Surah Zukhruf)

Dua When Returning Home from a Journey

آئِبُونَ تَائِبُونَ عَابِدُونَ لِرَبِّنَا حَامِدُونَ

(We are now) returning from our journey repenting (to Allah), worshipping (Him), and praising our Lord (Allah).
(Bukhari)

azc
04-11-2018, 04:14 PM
Dua When Ill or Having Disease

اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّّ النَّاسِ أَذْهِبِ الْبَأْسَ رَبَّ النَّاسِ وَاشْفِ أَنْتَ الشَّافِي
لَا شِفَاءَ إِلَّا شِفَاؤُكَ شِفَاءٌ لَا يُغَادِرُ سَقَمَاً

O Allah, Lord of the people, remove all harm, give cure, for you are the one who cures. There is no curing except Your curing – a curing that leaves no illness.
(Bukhari)

Dua When Visiting the Ill

لَا بَأْسَ طَهُورٌ إِنْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ

No need to worry. It (this illness) is a means of cleansing from sins, if Allâh wills.

Dua When Faced with Grief or Sorrow

يَا حَيُّ يَا قَيُّومُ بِرَحْمَتِكَ أَسْتَغِيثُ

“O Living One, O Self-existant One, by Your Mercy I seek help.”
(Tirmidhi)
(Bukhari)

azc
04-11-2018, 04:51 PM
When something is lost supplicate with the following words:

اللَّهُمَّ رَادَّ الضَّالَّةِ وَهَادِي الضَّالَّةِ أَنْتَ تَهْدِي مِنَ الضَّلَالَةِ ارْدُدْ عَلَيَّ ضَالَّتِي بِقُدْرَتِكَ وَسُلْطَانِكَ فَإِنَّهَا مِنْ عَطَائِكَ وَفَضْلِكَ

“O Allah, the Returner of the lost, and the Guide of the lost, You guide the lost. Return to me what I have lost by Your power and Your domain, for surely It was Your gift and grace in the first place”.

(Al Hisnul Haseen)

يا جامع الناس ليوم لا ريب فيه
اجمع بيني وبين مالي إنك على كل شيء قدير.

Allahuma ya jami’ an-naas li yawmin laa rayba feeh ijma’ bayni wa bayna dhaallati.

“O Allah, Gatherer of mankind on the day in which there is no doubt. Connect me with my lost item.”

(Fathul qadeer)

azc
04-15-2018, 07:41 AM
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ البَرَصِ وَالْجُنُونِ وَالْجُذَامِ وَمِنْ سَيِّئِ الْأَسْقَامِ

Allhumma inni a’udhu bika minal barasi wal jununi wal judhami wa min sayyi-il asqam

“O Allah! I seek refuge in You from leprosy, madness and evil diseases”

(Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 1549 and Sahih Ibn Hibban; Al Ihsan, Hadith: 1017)

99sobi
04-16-2018, 08:40 PM
Du'a of the first Khalifa Abu Bakr when being praised:

اللهمَ اجْعَلْنِى خَيْرًا مِمَّا يَظُنُّونَ وَاغْفِرْ لِى مَا لَا يَعْلَمُونَ وَلَا تُؤَاخِذْنِى بِمَا يَقُولُون

Allahumma-ja’lni khayran mima yadhunoon wa-ghfir li ma la ya’lamoon wa la tu’akhidhni bi ma yaquloon.

O Allah, make me better than what they think of me, and forgive me for what they do not know about me, and do not take me to account for what they say about me.

- - - Updated - - -

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْفَقْرِ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْقِلَّةِ وَالذِّلَّةِ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ أَنْ أَظْلِمَ أَوْ أُظْلَمَ

The Messenger of Allah [SAW] used to say: "Allahumma, inni a'udhu bika minal-faqri wa a'udhu bika min al-qillati wadh-dhillati, wa a'udhu bika an azlima aw uzlam (O Allah, I seek refuge with you from poverty, I seek refuge with You from want and humiliation, and I seek refuge with You from wronging others or being wronged.)" Al-Awza'I contradicted him.

Grade : Sahih (Darussalam) Reference : Sunan an-Nasa'i 5460In-book reference : Book 50, Hadith 33English translation : Vol. 6, Book 50, Hadith 5462

azc
04-18-2018, 02:32 AM
Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) would recite the following supplication when the Month of Rajab would commence:

اَللّٰهُمَّ بَارِكْ لَناَ فِيْ رَجَبٍ وَشَعْبانَ وَبَلّغْنَا رَمَضَانْ

Allahumma baarik lana fi Rajaba wa Sha’bana wa balligh-na Ramadan

Ya Allah! Grant us Barakah (Blessing) during (the months of) Rajab and Sha’ban, and allow us to reach Ramadan.

(Shu’abul-Iman, Hadith: 3534, Ibnu Sunni, Hadith: 660, Mukhtasar Zawaid Bazzar, Hadith: 662, also see Al-Adhkar, Hadith: 549)

azc
04-19-2018, 07:59 PM
اللهم إني أسألك الصحة والعفة، والأمانة وحسن الخلق، والرضابالقدر‎ الرضا ‏

Allahumma inni as-alukas sihhata wal ‘iffata wal amanata wa husnal khuluqwar ridabil qadar

O Allah! I ask you for good health, chastity, trustworthiness, good character and happiness with decree.

Recorded in:

1.Al Adabul Mufrad of Imam Bukhari, Hadith: 307
2.Al Mu’jamul Kabir, Hadith: 14646
3.Kitabud Du’a of Tabarani, Hadith: 1406
4.Ad Da’awatul Kabir of Bayhaqi, Hadith: 259

azc
04-19-2018, 08:41 PM
اللهم امكر لنا ولا تمكر علينا

Allahummam kur lana wa la tamkur ‘alayna

O Allah! Plot in favour of me and not against me

(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 3551, Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 1505, Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith: 3830)

azc
04-20-2018, 07:25 AM
du’a to recite after Adhan for the fulfillment of one’s needs

اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّ هَذِهِ الدَّعْوَةِ الصَّادِقَةِ الْمُسْتَجَابَةِ الْمُسْتَجَاب لَهَا دَعْوَة الْحَقِّ، وَكَلِمَةِ التَّقْوَى، أَحْيِنَا عَلَيْهَا وَأَمِتْنَا عَلَيْهَا، وَابْعَثْنَا عَلَيْهَا، وَاجْعَلْنَا مِنْ خِيَارِ أَهْلِهَا أَحْيَاءً وَأَمْوَاتًا

''O Allah! The Rabb of this true answered call, the call of truth which is answered/responded to and the words of Taqwa [mentioned in the Adhan], allow us to live and die upon these words, resurrect us upon these words and make us the best whether dead or alive''

(Mustadrak Hakim, vol. 1 pg. 546/547)

azc
04-20-2018, 05:37 PM
Sayyiduna ‘Uthman ibn Abil ‘As (radiyallahu ‘anhu) once complained of some pain to Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam). Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) advised him:

“Place your hand at the place where you feel pain in your body and say ‘Bismillah‘ three times and seven times ‘A’udhu billahi wa qudratihi min sharri ma ajidu wa uhadhiru‘

(I seek refuge with Allah and His Might against the evil of what I feel and fear)

(Sahih Muslim, Hadith: 2202)

باسم الله
(Three times)

أعوذ بالله وقدرته من شر ما أجد وأحاذر
(Seven times)

azc
04-21-2018, 05:11 PM
Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah Ibn Mas’ud (radiyallahu’anhu) would recite the following du’a at sunrise.

اَلْحَمْدُ ِلِله الَّذِى اَقَالَنَا يَوْمَنَا هَذَا وَلَم يُهْلِكْنَا بِذُنُوْبِنَا

Allahumdulillahil ladhi aqalana yawmana hadha wa lam yuhlikna bi dhunubina

All praise is for Allah, who has afforded us this day and did not destroy us for our sins.

(Sahih Muslim, Hadith: 1908)

azc
04-22-2018, 03:02 AM
الحمد لله الذي تواضع كل شيء لعظمته، والحمد لله الذي ذل كل شيء لعزته، والحمد لله الذي خضع كل شيء لملكه، والحمد لله الذي استسلم كل شيء لقدرته

‘Alhamdu lillahil ladhi tawada’a kullu shay in li’azamatih wal hamdu lillahil ladhi dhalla kullu shay in li ‘izzatih wal hamdulillahil ladhi khada’a kullu shay in li mulkih wal hamdulillahil ladhis taslama kullu shay in li qudratih’

All Praise is due to Allah, before Whose Grandeur every thing is humbled and All Praise is due to Allah, before Whose Greatness every thing is subdued and All Praise is due to Allah, before Whose Dominion every thing is abased and All Praise is due to Allah, before Whose Strength every thing surrenders.

(Al Mu’jamul Kabir, Hadith: 13562)

azc
04-23-2018, 07:05 PM
Sayyiduna Anas ibn Malik (radiyallahu’anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu’alaihi wasallam) used to recite the following supplication in abundance:

‘Ya Muqallibal qulub, thabbit qalbi ‘ala deenik.’

O Turner of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen.

(Sunan Tirmidhi, hadith: 2140)

azc
04-28-2018, 05:13 PM
لا اله الا الله ما أشدّ برد هذا اليوم , اللهمّ أجرني من زمهرير جهنّم

‘Laa ilaha illallahu ma ashadda barda hadhal yawm, Allahumma ajirni min zamhariri Jahannam’

There is no Diety besides Allah, how severe is the cold of today! O Allah, save us from the extreme cold of Jahannam.

1. Ibnus Sunni (‘Amalul Yawmi wall ayah Hadith 306),

2. Abu nu’aym in his ‘Amalul Yawmi wal lalylah,

3. Bayhaqi (al Asma was Sifat) (rahimahumullah)
(Al maqasidul hasanah, Hadith: 1283)

azc
04-29-2018, 03:51 AM
Dua recited by imam shafi'i rh when he was summoned by khalifa:

شهد الله أنه لا إله إلا هو الآية… اللهم إني أعوذ بنور قدسك، وببركة طهارتك، وبعظمة جلالك، من كل عاهة وآفة، وطارق الجن والإنس، إلا طارقاً يطرق بخير منك يا رحمن. اللهم بك ملاذي فيك ألوذ. وبك غياثي فيك أغوث يا من ذلت له رقاب الفراعنة، وخضعت له مغاليظ الجبابرة، ذكرك شعاري وثناؤك دثاري، أنا في سرادقات حفظك، وقني واغنني بخير منك يا رحمن

O Allah! I seek refuge through the divine light of your sacredness, and through the blessing of your purity, through your immense loftiness that you protect me from every type of malady, ailment and calamity, [and I seek protection] from the appearance of evil Jinn and Men, not from the good which comes from you, O Merciful one. O Allah! You are my source of protection and refuge, I seek refuge in you only, you are my source of aid, I seek assistance from you only. O the one to whom every Pharaoh [Tyrant ruler] was disgraced, and the one to whom every arrogant haughty ruler surrendered, remembering and praising you is my distinguishing characteristic, I am under the tent/shadow of your protection, safeguard me and make me independent by granting me the best from you O The Merciful

(Hilyatul Awliya, vol.9 pg.87-89, Manaqibush Shafi’i, vol.1 pg.139-141)

azc
04-30-2018, 03:06 AM
Ubādah bin Sāmit(radiyallahu anhu)reports that Nabi(sallallahu alaihi wasallam)used to teach the Sahābah(radiyallahu anhum)the following Dua at the approach of the blessed moth of Ramadān:

اللّهُمّ سَلِّمْنِي لِرَمَضَانَ وَسَلِّمْ رَمَضَانَ لِي وَسَلِّمْهُ لِي مُتَقَبَّلاً

O Allah! Protect me for observing (the fast of) Ramadān, make the month of Ramadān clear for me and protect me from sins so that my acts of worship are accepted.

(Kanzul Ummāl, Vol.8, Pg.584)

azc
05-13-2018, 05:32 AM
If one experiences sleeplessness, he should recite the following Duaa

اللَّهُمَّ غَارَتِ النُّجُومُ، وَهَدَأَتِ الْعُيُونُ وَأَنْتَ حَيٌّ قَيُّومٌ لا تَأخُذُكَ سِنَةٌ وَلا نَومٌ يَا حَيُّ يَا قَيُّومُ أَهْدِئْ لَيْلِي و أَنِمْ عَيْنِي

O Allah, the stars have set and the eyes are calm (resting), and You arethe Ever- Living, the Eternal, neither slumber nor sleep overtakes You; O the Ever- Living, the Eternal, allow my night to pass with calmness (and rest), and allow my eyes to fall asleep.

(Kitabul azkar #289)

azc
05-14-2018, 07:42 PM
عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه أنه قال جاء رجل إلى النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم فقال يا رسول الله ما لقيت من عقرب لدغتني البارحة قال أما لو قلت حين أمسيت أعوذ بكلمات الله التامات من شر ما خلق لم تضرك )مسلم رقم 2709(

Hadhrat Abu Hurayrah (Radhiallahu Anhu) reports that on one occasion a person had come to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and said: “O Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), last night, I was stung by a scorpion.” Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) responded saying: “Had you recited the following duaa last night, no harm would have come to you:

اَعُوذُ بِكَلِمَاتِ اللهِ التَّامَّاتِ مِن شَرِّ مَا خَلَقَ

عن أبي هريرة قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: من قال حين يصبح وحين يمسي: أعوذ بكلمات الله التامات من شر ما خلق، لم يضره شيء. قلت: له حديث في الصحيح غير هذا. رواه الطبراني في الأوسط. )مجمع الزوائد رقم 17023(

Hazrat Abu Hurayrah (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “The one who recites the following duaa in the morning and evening, nothing will harm him.”

اَعُوذُ بِكَلِمَاتِ اللهِ التَّامَّاتِ مِن شَرِّ مَا خَلَقَ

azc
06-03-2018, 01:22 PM
This was one of the Du'as that Imam Ahmad (رحمه الله) made:

اللّهم من كان من هذه الأمة على غير الحق وهو يظن أنه على الحق فردّه إلى الحق ليكون من أهل الحق.

"O Allah, whoever from this Ummah was upon other than Truth while perceiving to be upon the Truth, then return him back to the Truth, so that he can be from the people of the Truth"

Al-Bidayah wal-Nihayah (10/329)

azc
06-06-2018, 06:33 PM
Maymuna, the wife of the Prophet (sallalaho alaihi wassalam) , said, "I heard Anas ibn Malik say that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'Whoever says in the morning, "O Allah, we bear witness to you and we bear witness to the bearers of You Throne and Your angels and all Your creation. You are Allah. There is no god but You alone with no partner and Muhammad is your slave and Messenger", by that Allah will free a quarter of him from the Fire on that day. If someone says it twice, Allah will free half of him from the Fire. If he says it four times, Allah will free him completely from the Fire on that day.'"

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَصْبَحْتُ أُشْهِدُكَ وَأُشْهِدُ حَمَلَةَ عَرْشِكَ، وَمَلَائِكَتَكَ وَجَمِيعَ خَلْقِكَ، أَنَّكَ أَنْتَ اللهُ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ وَحْدَكَ لَا شَرِيكَ لَكَ، وَأَنَّ مُحَمَّداً عَبْدُكَ وَرَسُولُكَ".

Allaahumma 'innee 'asbahtu 'ush-hiduka wa 'ush-hidu hamalata 'arshika, wa malaa'ikataka wajamee'a khalqika, 'annaka 'Antallaahu laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta wahdaka laa shareeka laka, wa 'anna Muhammadan 'abduka wa Rasooluka.

Adab Al Mufrad (Imam Bukhari (rahimullah)

azc
06-08-2018, 07:35 PM
693. عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ رَضِيَ اللهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ: كانَ رَسُولُ اللهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَدْعُو: (اللّهُمّ إِنّي أَعُوذ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ, وَمِنْ عَذَابِ النّارِ, وَمِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَحْيَا وَالمَمَاتِ, وَمِنْ فِتْنَةِ المَسِيحِ الدّجّالِ). رواه البخاري1377

693. Narrated Abu Huraira رضى الله عنه : Allâh's Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم used to invoke (Allâh):

Allâhumma inni a'udhu bika min 'adhâbilqabr, wa min 'adhâbinnar, wa min fitnatilmahyâ walmamât, wa min fitnatil Masih Ad-Dajjâl.

(O Allâh! I seek refuge with you from the punishment in the grave
and from the punishment in the Hellfire and from the Fitnah (trial and afflictions etc.) of life and death and the Fitnah (trial and afflictions etc.) of Al Masih Ad-Dajjâl.
(2:459O.B.)

azc
06-11-2018, 11:53 AM
The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) taught us to pray, “Allahummar-zuqna min fadhlika wa laa tah-rim-na riz-qaka.” [Hilyatul Awliya]

The meaning of this Dua is: “Oh Allah! Grant us Rizq from your bounty and do not let us be deprived of our Rizq.”

When you say “Allahummar-zuqna” then keep the two kinds of Rizq in mind:

General (Aam) Rizq: This is for everyone, whether they be good or evil. This is sustenance for the body.

Special (Khaas) Rizq: The sustenance of the heart and soul. This is Ilm (knowledge leading to awareness of Allah) and Eeman (unpolluted belief in Allah).
http://dailyhadith.adaptivesolutionsinc.com/

azc
06-14-2018, 07:15 PM
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said to his companions: Shall I not tell you some words which, if distress or grief befalls any of you and he offers this prayer, it will bring him joy?

It is the du‘a of Dhoo’l-Noon i.e. Prophet Yunus a.s.:

لا إله إلا أنت سبحانك إني كنت من الظالمين

la ilaha illa anta , subhanak, inne kuntu min adh dhalimeen

There is no God but You, exalted are You; surely, I was one of the wrongdoers!

Source: Sahih al-Jami‘ no. 2605

BeTheChange
06-14-2018, 10:24 PM

azc
06-16-2018, 07:04 PM
Hadhrat Abu Hurairah(Radiyallahu Anahu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said:

لَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ اِلَّا بِالله-is a

medication for ninety nine sicknesses, the least being worry (stress, depression, etc.) ” (Tabrani)

azc
06-24-2018, 06:05 PM
When biding farewell to someone going on a journey, recite:

أَسْتَوْدِعُ اللَّهَ دِينَكَ وَأَمَانَتَكَ وَخَوَاتِيمَ عَمَلِكَ

“(I make) Allah responsible for your deen, your trustworthiness and for the results of your actions”.

(Tirmidhi)

azc
06-25-2018, 06:24 PM

اللَّهُمَّ رَادَّ الضَّالَّةِ وَهَادِي الضَّالَّةِ أَنْتَ تَهْدِي مِنَ الضَّلَالَةِ ارْدُدْ عَلَيَّ ضَالَّتِي بِقُدْرَتِكَ وَسُلْطَانِكَ فَإِنَّهَا مِنْ عَطَائِكَ وَفَضْلِكَ

“O Allah, the Returner of the lost, and the Guide of the lost, You guide the lost. Return to me what I have lost by Your power and Your domain, for surely It was Your gift and grace in the first place”.

(Al Hisnul Haseen)

Allahuma ya jami’ an-naas li yawmin laa rayba feeh ijma’ bayni wa bayna dhaallati.

“O Allah, Gatherer of mankind on the day in which there is no doubt. Connect me with my lost item.”

(Fathul qadeer)

azc
06-26-2018, 06:01 AM
Protection of ones Deen, Life, Family and wealth

Hazrat Ma’qal bin Yasaar (RA) narrates, Once I expressed my fears to Rasoolullah (SAW) over 5 things in my life. I feared that I would be misled or deviate from the Siraatul-Mustaqeem. The second was regarding my life. I feared harm or illness would befall me. The third was about my children, that they would suffer Deeni or worldly harm. My fourth concern was my wife, that she too may suffer physical ot spiritual harm. The fifth fear I had was over my wealth, should there occur a loss of income or property. After listeing to my fears, Rasoolullah (SAW) taught me the following dua:
(to be recited 3 times morning and evening)

بِسْمِ اللهِ عَلىٰ دِيْنِىْ وَنَفْسِىْ وَوَلَدِىْ وَاَهْلِىْ وَ مَالِىْ

“Bismillai ala deeni wanafsi wawaladi wa ahli wa mali”

“May the blessings of Allah be on my deen, life, children, family and wealth.”
https://www.tafseer-raheemi.com/prot...0%2C8012186114

azc
06-29-2018, 05:16 PM
Du‘aa for the Cure of the Sick

عن ابن عباس عن النبي صلى الله عليه
وسلم قال من عاد مريضا لم يحضر أجله فقال عنده سبع مرار أسأل الله العظيم رب العرش العظيم أن يشفيك إلا عافاه الله من ذلك المرض )سنن أبي داود #3106

Hazrat Ibn ‘Abbaas (radhiyallahu ‘anhuma) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) said, “Whoever visits a sick person who is not destined to pass away in that illness and recites the following du‘aa upon him seven times, Allah Ta‘ala will cure him from that sickness:

أَسْأَلُ اللهَ الْعَظِيْمْ رَبَّ الْعَرْشِ الْعَظِيْمْ أَنْ يَشْفِيَكْ

I ask Allah Ta‘ala, the Almighty, the Lord of the great throne, to cure you.”

azc
06-30-2018, 04:31 PM
Dua to pay off debts:

اللَّهُمَّ اكْفِنِي بِحَلَالِكَ عَنْ حَرَامِكَ وَأَغْنِنِي بِفَضْلِكَ عَمَّنْ سِوَاكْ

“Allahummakfini bi halaalika an haraamika wa aghnini bi fadhlika amman siwaak”

“O Allah! Give me sufficient halal sustenance so I don’t turn towards haram, and make me independent from others through you grace “.
(Mishkat)

azc
06-30-2018, 05:26 PM
One should recite the following duaa after salaah:

اللَّهُمَّ أَعِنِّى عَلَى ذِكْرِكَ وَشُكْرِكَ وَحُسْنِ عِبَادَتِكَ

O Allah, assist me in remembering You (at all times), being grateful to You (for Your countless bounties) and carrying out Your worship in a beautiful manner.

عن معاذ بن جبل أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أخذ بيده وقال يا معاذ والله إنى لأحبك والله إنى لأحبك. فقال أوصيك يا معاذ لا تدعن فى دبر كل صلاة تقول اللهم أعنى على ذكرك وشكرك وحسن عبادتك )أبو داود رقم 1524(

Hazrat Muaaz bin Jabal (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) took hold of his hand and said: “O Muaaz, by the oath of Allah, indeed I love you (for the sake of Allah Ta’ala). By the oath of Allah, indeed I love you (for the sake of Allah Ta’ala).” He then said: “I advise you, O Muaaz, do not ever leave out reciting the following duaa after every salaah:”
اللَّهُمَّ أَعِنِّى عَلَى ذِكْرِكَ وَشُكْرِكَ وَحُسْنِ عِبَادَتِكَ

azc
07-07-2018, 05:13 AM
It was narrated from 'Amr bin Shu'aib (RA), from his father, that his grandfather said: "I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say:

'Allahumma inni a'udhu bika minal-kasali, walharami, wal-maghrami, wal-ma'thami, wa a'udhu bika min sharril-masihid-dajjali, wa a'udhu bika min 'adhabil-qabri, wa a'udhu bika min 'adhabin-nar

(O Allah, I seek refuge in You from laziness, old age, debt and sin, and I seek refuge in You from the evil of the Al-Masihid-Dajjal, and I seek refuge in You from the torment of the grave, and I seek refuge in You from the punishment of the Fire.)'"

(Sunan an-Nasa'i, Vol. 6, Book 50, Hadith 63)

azc
07-12-2018, 11:08 AM
عن أبي هريرة أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم كان يقول في دبر كل صلاة: اللهم إني أعوذ بك من عذاب النار وعذاب القبر ومن فتنة المحيا والممات ومن شر المسيح الدجال )مسند أبي عوانة رقم 2078(

Hazrat Abu Hurayrah (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) would recite the following duaa after salaah:

اللَّهُمَّ إنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابِ النَّارِ وَعَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ وَمِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَحْيَا وَالْمَمَاتِ وَمِنْ شَرِّ الْمَسِيحِ الدَّجَّال

O Allah, I seek Your protection from the punishment of the fire of Jahannum, and from the punishment of the grave, and the trials of life and death, and from the evil of Dajjaal.

azc
07-13-2018, 01:31 PM

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ الْكُفْرِ وَالْفَقْرِ وَعَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ

O Allah, I seek Your protection from kufr and poverty, and from the punishment of the grave.

(Nasai #1346)

azc
07-28-2018, 07:33 PM
“O Allah! Make my body healthy, Make my hearing healthy, Make my eyesight healthy. There is no Deity but You”

Imam Abu Dawud (rahimahullah) has recorded this du’a, as part of a longer narration. Sayyiduna Abu Bakrah (radiyallahu ‘anhu) would recite this du’a thrice every morning and evening as he heard Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) reciting it.(Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 5049)

Arabic Text of the du’a:

اللَّهُمَّ عَافِنِي فِي بَدَنِي، اللَّهُمَّ عَافِنِي فِي سَمْعِي، اللَّهُمَّ عَافِنِي فِي بَصَرِي، لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ

Allahumma ‘afini fi badani, Allahumma ‘afini fi sam’i, Allahumma ‘afini fi basari La ilaha illa anta

azc
07-29-2018, 03:57 AM
حَدَّثَنَا عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ عُمَرَ، حَدَّثَنَا مَكِّيُّ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، حَدَّثَنِي عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، عَنْ صَيْفِيٍّ، مَوْلَى أَفْلَحَ مَوْلَى أَبِي أَيُّوبَ عَنْ أَبِي الْيَسَرِ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم كَانَ يَدْعُو ‏"‏ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْهَدْمِ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ التَّرَدِّي وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْغَرَقِ وَالْحَرَقِ وَالْهَرَمِ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ أَنْ يَتَخَبَّطَنِي الشَّيْطَانُ عِنْدَ الْمَوْتِ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ أَنْ أَمُوتَ فِي سَبِيلِكَ مُدْبِرًا وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ أَنْ أَمُوتَ لَدِيغًا ‏"‏ ‏

Narrated Abul Yusr (RA): The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) used to supplicate: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from my house falling on me, I seek refuge in Thee from falling into an abyss, I seek refuge in Thee from drowning burning and decrepitude. I seek refuge in Thee from the devil harming me at the time of my death, I seek refuge in Thee from dying in Thy path while retreating, and I seek refuge in Thee from dying of the sting of a poisonous creature."

(Sunan Abi Dawud, Book 8, Hadith 137)

azc
07-30-2018, 01:29 PM
Question

salaam,

I was given the devastating news in my last pregnancy that my baby had a high chance of being Down syndrome but at 17 weeks it was revealed in the scan baby had died.

I believe this was from Allah and he knew this would be unbearable for me to cope with.
I am now Alhamdulillah expecting again but am unsure whether I should have the test done again or leave it in Allah’s hands and just pray my baby will be healthy.

Could you please advise me?

A) What to pray during pregnancy to ensure you have a healthy child.

B) Should I get tested for downs syndrome?

w.salam

p.s please pray for me, Allah will help me as i am very frightened

Answer

Wa alaykum as Salaam warahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

Sister! Don’t be so scared. Have your test done. Insha’Allah it will come out clear and put your mind to rest.

During pregnancy read Surah Maryam constantly, every day if possible, and then make dua.

May Allah make everything easy for you and bless you with pious offspring.
https://www.tafseer-raheemi.com/q715...0%2C5327418904

azc
07-31-2018, 05:39 PM

لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ، لَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللهِ، لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ، وَلَا نَعْبُدُ إِلَّا إِيَّاهُ، لَهُ النِّعْمَةُ وَلَهُ الْفَضْلُ، وَلَهُ الثَّنَاءُ الْحَسَنُ، لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ مُخْلِصِينَ لَهُ الدِّينَ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْكَافِرُونَ

There is no deity besides Allah Ta’ala alone, who has no partner. To Him belongs the kingdom (of the entire universe), and for Him is all praise and He has power over everything.There is no ability (to avoid sins) and no power (to do good) except with the help of Allah Ta’ala. There is no deity besides Allah Ta’alaand we worship none but Him. All bounties and favours are solely for Him (in His hands), and all beautiful praises are for Him alone.There is no deity besides Allah Ta’ala,(we believe in this)with devoting our ibaadat and Deen solely for Him, even though the disbelievers dislike it.

عن أبي الزبير، قال: كان ابن الزبير، يقول: في دبر كل صلاة حين يسلم: لا إله إلا الله وحده لا شريك له، له الملك وله الحمد وهو على كل شيء قدير، لا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله، لا إله إلا الله، ولا نعبد إلا إياه، له النعمة وله الفضل، وله الثناء الحسن، لا إله إلا الله مخلصين له الدين ولو كره الكافرون. وقال: كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم يهلل بهن دبر كل صلاة )مسلم رقم 594(

Hazrat Abu Zubair (Rahimahullah) reports that Hazrat Abdullah bin Zubair (Radhiyallahu Anhu) would recite the following duaa after completing the salaah with salaam, and Hazrat Abdullah bin Zubair (Radhiyallahu Anhu) said that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) would recite the same duaa after every salaah:
http://ihyaauddeen.co.za/?p=11995

azc
08-02-2018, 12:28 PM
Sayyiduna Abu Umamah narrates that Nabi (sallallahu'alayhi wasallam) made lots of du'as which we were unable to memorise. We said: 'O Prophet of Allah, You have made many du'as which we were unable to memorise.'
Rasulullah (sallallahu'alayhi wasallam) replied:
'Should I not teach you'll something that will encompass all of that?
Recite:

Allahumma inna nas-aluka min khayri ma sa-alaka minhu Nabiyyuka Muhammadun (sallallahu'alayhi wasallam), wa na'udhu bika min sharri mas ta'adhaka minhu Nabiyyuka Muhammadun (sallallahu'alayhi wasallam). Wa Antal Musta'anu wa 'alaykal balaghu wa la hawla wala quwwata illa billah.

(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 3521)

azc
08-02-2018, 07:28 PM
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ مِنَ الْخَيْرِ كُلِّهِ عَاجِلِهِ وَآجِلِهِ، مَا عَلِمْتُ مِنْهُ وَمَا لَمْ أَعْلَمْ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الشَّرِّ كُلِّهِ عَاجِلِهِ وَآجِلِهِ، مَا عَلِمْتُ مِنْهُ وَمَا لَمْ أَعْلَمْ، اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ خَيْرِ مَا سَأَلَكَ عَبْدُكَ وَنَبِيُّكَ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا عَاذَ بِهِ عَبْدُكَ وَنَبِيُّكَ، اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ الْجَنَّةَ وَمَا قَرَّبَ إِلَيْهَا مِنْ قَوْلٍ أَوْ عَمَلٍ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ النَّارِ وَمَا قَرَّبَ إِلَيْهَا مِنْ قَوْلٍ أَوْ عَمَلٍ، وَأَسْأَلُكَ أَنْ تَجْعَلَ كُلَّ قَضَاءٍ قَضَيْتَهُ لِي خَيْرًا

Allahumma inni as aluka minal khayri kullihi, ‘ajilihi wa ajilihi, ma ‘alimtu minhu wa ma la a’lam. Wa a’udhu bika minash sharri kullihi, ‘ajilihi wa ajilihi, ma ‘alimtu minhu wa ma la a’lam. Allahumma inni as’aluka min khayri ma sa’alaka ‘abduka wa Nabiyyuka, wa a’udhu bika min sharri ma ‘adha bihi ‘abduka wa nabiyyuka. Allahumma inni as’alukal-jannata wa ma qarraba ilayha min qawlin aw ‘amalin, wa a’udhu bika minan nari wa ma qarraba ilayha min qawlin aw ‘amalin, wa as’aluka an taj’al kulla qada’in qadaytahuli khayra

(O Allah, I ask You for all that is good, in this world and in the Hereafter, what I know and what I do not know. O Allah, I seek refuge with You from all evil, in this world and in the Hereafter, what I know and what I do not know. O Allah, I ask You for the good that Your slave and Prophet has asked You for, and I seek refuge with You from the evil from which Your slave and Prophet sought refuge. O Allah, I ask You for Paradise and for that which brings one closer to it, in word and deed, and I seek refuge in You from Hell and from that which brings one closer to it, in word and deed. And I ask You to make every decree that You decree concerning me good)

(Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith: 3846, Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah, Hadith: 29957, Musnad Ahmad, vol. 6 pg. 134, Sahih Ibn Hibban; Al Ihsan, Hadith: 869, Mustadrak Hakim, vol. 1 pg. 521/522)

azc
08-05-2018, 08:30 AM
رَبَّنَا تَقَبَّلْ مِنَّا إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ السَّمِيعُ العَلِيمُ

Rabbana taqabbal minna innaka antas Sameeaul Aleem

Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us: For Thou art the All-Hearing, the All-knowing.

Surah Al-Baqarah - 2:127

رَبَّنَا وَاجْعَلْنَا مُسْلِمَيْنِ لَكَ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِنَا أُمَّةً مُّسْلِمَةً لَّكَ وَأَرِنَا مَنَاسِكَنَا وَتُبْ عَلَيْنَآ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ التَّوَّابُ الرَّحِيمُ

Rabbana wa-j'alna Muslimayni laka wa min Dhurriyatina 'Ummatan Muslimatan laka wa 'Arina Manasikana wa tub 'alayna 'innaka 'antat-Tawwabu-Raheem

Our Lord! Make of us Muslims, bowing to Thy (Will), and of our progeny a people Muslim, bowing to Thy (will); and show us our place for the celebration of (due) rites; and turn unto us (in Mercy); for Thou art the Oft-Returning, Most Merciful.

Surah Al-Baqarah - 2:128

رَبَّنَآ اٰتِنَا فِي الدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةً وَّفِي الْاٰخِرَةِ حَسَـنَةً وَّقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

Rabbanaaa Aatinaa Fiddunyaa H’asanata Wa Fil Aakhirati H’asanata Wa Qinaa A’d’aaban Naar

Our Lord! Give us in this world that which is good and in the Hereafter that which is good, and save us from the torment of the Fire!

Surah Al-Baqarah - 2:201

رَبَّنَا أَفْرِغْ عَلَيْنَا صَبْراً وَثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَنَا وَانصُرْنَا عَلَى القَوْمِ الكَافِرِينَ

Rabbana afrigh 'alayna sabran wa thabbit aqdamana wansurna 'alal-qawmil-kafirin

Our Lord! Bestow on us endurance, make our foothold sure, and give us help against the disbelieving folk.

Al-Baqarah - 2:250

ۭرَبَّنَا لَا تُؤَاخِذْنَآ اِنْ نَّسِيْنَآ اَوْ اَخْطَاْنَا ۚ رَبَّنَا وَلَا تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَآ اِصْرًا كَمَا حَمَلْتَهٗ عَلَي الَّذِيْنَ مِنْ قَبْلِنَا ۚ رَبَّنَا وَلَا تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لَا طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهٖ ۚ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا ۪ وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ۪ وَارْحَمْنَا ۪ اَنْتَ مَوْلٰىنَا فَانْــصُرْنَا عَلَي الْقَوْمِ الْكٰفِرِيْنَ

Rabbanaa Laa Too-Akhid’naaa In-Naseenaa Aw Akht’aanaa Rabbanaa wa Laa Tah’mil A’laynaaa Is’ran Kamaa Ha’maltahoo A’lal Lad’eena min Qablinaa Rabbanaa wa Laa Tuh’ammilnaa Maa Laa T’aaqata Lanaa Bih Wa’-Fu A’nnaa Waghfirlanaa Warh’amnaa Anta Mawlaanaa Fans’urnaa A’lal Qawmil Kaafireen

Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. "Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us; our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us Forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Maula (Patron, Supporter and Protector, etc.) and give us victory over the disbelieving people."

Surah Al-Baqarah - 2:286

رَبَّنَا لَا تُزِغْ قُلُوْبَنَا بَعْدَ اِذْ ھَدَيْتَنَا وَھَبْ لَنَا مِنْ لَّدُنْكَ رَحْمَةً ۚ اِنَّكَ اَنْتَ الْوَھَّابُ

Rabbanaa Laa Tuzigh Quloobanaa Ba’-Da Id’hadaytanaa Wa Hab Lanaa Mil Ladunka Rah’mah Innaka Antal Wahaab

Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You. Truly, You are the Bestower.

Surah Al-Imran - 3:8

رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ جَامِعُ النَّاسِ لِيَوْمٍ لاَّ رَيْبَ فِيهِ إِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يُخْلِفُ الْمِيعَادَ

Rabbana innaka jami'unnasi li-Yawmil la rayba fi innAllaha la yukhliful mi'aad

Our Lord, surely You will gather the people for a Day about which there is no doubt. Indeed, Allah does not fail in His promise.

Surah Al-Imran - 3:9

رَبَّنَآ اِنَّنَآ اٰمَنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوْبَنَا وَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

Rabbana innana amanna faghfir lana dhunuubana wa qinna 'adhaban-Naar

Our Lord! We have indeed believed, so forgive us our sins and save us from the punishment of the Fire.

Surah Al-Imran - 3:16

رَبَّنَا آمَنَّا بِمَا أَنزَلَتْ وَاتَّبَعْنَا الرَّسُولَ فَاكْتُبْنَا مَعَ الشَّاهِدِينَِ

Rabbana amanna bima anzalta wattaba 'nar-Rusula fak-tubna ma'ash-Shahideen

Our Lord! We believe in what Thou hast revealed, and we follow the Messenger. Then write us down among those who bear witness.

Surah Al-Imran - 3:53

azc
08-05-2018, 11:55 AM
رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوْبَنَا وَ اِسْرَافَنَا فِيْٓ اَمْرِنَا وَثَبِّتْ اَقْدَامَنَا وَانْصُرْنَا عَلَي الْقَوْمِ الْكٰفِرِيْنَ

Rabbanaghfir lanaa d’unoobanaa wa israafanaa fee amrinaa wa thabbit aqdaamanaa wan s’urnaa a’lal qawmil kaafireen

Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and our transgressions (in keeping our duties to You), establish our feet firmly, and give us victory over the disbelieving folk.

Surah Al-Imran - 3:147

azc
08-06-2018, 01:23 PM
Pertaining to facing any discomfort or being unhappy about something, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) used to recite the following Dua:

لآَ اِلَهَ اِلاَّ اللهُ الْحَلِيْمُ الْحَكِيْمُ لآَ اِلَهَ اِلاَّ اللهُ رَبُّ الْعَرْشِ الْعَظِيْم
لآَ اِلَهَ اِلاَّ اللهُ رَبُّ السَّمَاوَاتَ وَاْلاَرْضِ وَرَبُّ الْعَرْشِ الْكَرِيْمِ ط

Transliteration–“Laa ilaaha il’lal laahul Haleemul Hakeemu – Laa ilaaha il’lal laahu Rab’bul Arshil Azeem – Laa ilaaha il’lal laahu Rab’bus Samawaati wal Ardi wa Rab’bul Arshil Kareem”.

Translation– “There is none worthy of worship except Al’laah, The Fore-bearing, The All Wise. There is none worthy of worship except Al’laah, The Lord of the Exalted Throne. There is none worthy of worship except Al’laah, The Lord of the Skies and The Lord of the Earth and the Lord of the distinguished Throne”.

[Tirmidhi Vol.2 Pg. 181]

azc
08-06-2018, 01:59 PM
“The Noble Prophet (Salla Allahu ta’ala ‘alayhi wa Sallam) said, whoso ever recites this dua before leaving his home, all his difficulties will go away and he shall be protected from the mischief of his enemies and shaitaan will stay away from him:

بِسْمِ اللهِ تَوَكَّلْتُ عَلىَ اللهِ وَلاَ حَوْلَ وَلاَ قُوَّةَ اِلاَّ بِاللهِ ط

Transliteration–“Bismil laahi Tawak’kaltu Alal laahi Wa Laa Hawla Wa Laa Quw’wata il’la bil’laah“

Translation–“Al’laah’s Name we begin with, I place my (full) trust in Al’laah and there is no Might and Power except with Al’laah.”

[Tirmizi Shareef Vol.2 Pg.180]

When entering home, a Muslim must recite the following Dua:

بِسْـمِ اللهِ وَلَجْنـا، وَبِسْـمِ اللهِ خَـرَجْنـا، وَعَلـى رَبِّنـا تَوَكّلْـنا

Transliteration–“Bismillaahi walajnaa, wa bismillaahi kharajnaa, wa ‘alaaRabblnaa tawakkalnaa”

Translation–“In the Name of Allah we enter, in the Name of Allah we leave, and upon our Lord we depend [then say As-Salaamu ‘Alaykum to those present].”

[Abu Dau’d]

azc
09-30-2018, 06:57 AM
وعن ابن عمر رضي الله عنهما قال: ما صليت وراء نبيكم صلى الله عليه وسلم إلا سمعته يقول حين انصرف: اللهم اغفر لي خطئي وعمدي، اللهم اهدني لصالح الأعمال والأخلاق ; إنه لا يهدي لصالحها ولا يصرف سيئها إلا أنت. رواه الطبراني، ورجاله وثقوا. )مجمع الزوائد رقم 17365(

Hazrat ibn Umar (Radhiyallahu Anhuma) reports: “I did not perform any salaah behind Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) except that I heard him recite the following duaa after salaah:

اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي خَطَئِي وَعَمْدِي، اللَّهُمَّ اهْدِنِي لِصَالِحِ الْأَعْمَالِ وَالْأَخْلَاقِ ; إِنَّهُ لَا يَهْدِي لِصَالِحِهَا وَلَا يَصْرِفُ سَيِّئَهَا إِلَّا أَنْتَ

O Allah, forgive me for my sins which I had committed mistakenly and intentionally. O Allah, guide me towards (carrying out) good actions and towards good character, indeed no one can guide towards its good and no one can avert (and save) from its evil except You.”

azc
10-01-2018, 12:28 PM
عن عبد الله قال : قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : ما قال عبد قط إذا أصابه هم وحزن : اللهم إني عبدك وابن عبدك ابن أمتك ناصيتي بيدك ماض في حكمك عدل في قضاؤك أسألك بكل اسم هو لك سميت به نفسك أو أنزلته في كتابك أو علمته أحدا من خلقك أو استأثرت به في علم الغيب عندك أن تجعل القرآن ربيع قلبي ونور صدري وجلاء حزني وذهاب همي إلا أذهب الله عز وجل همه وأبدله مكان حزنه فرحا قالوا : يا رسول الله ينبغي لنا أن نتعلم هؤلاء الكلمات قال : أجل ينبغي لمن سمعهن أن يتعلمهن ‏‎)‎مسند أحمد رقم ‏‎(‎4318

Hazrat ‘Abdullah bin Mas‘ood (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) said, “If any servant of Allah Ta‘ala is afflicted by worry and grief and recites the following du‘aa, Allah Ta‘ala will remove his worry and replace his grief with happiness:

اَللَّهُمَّ إِنِّيْ عَبْدُكَ وَابْنُ عَبْدِكَ ابْنُ أَمَتِكَ نَاصِيَتِيْ بِيَدِكَ مَاضٍ فِيَّ حُكْمُكَ عَدْلٌ فِيَّ قَضَاؤُكَ أَسْأَلُكَ بِكُلِّ اسْمٍ هُوَ لَكَ سَمَّيْتَ بِهِ نَفْسَكَ أَوْ أَنْزَلْتَهُ فِيْ كِتَابِكَ أَوْ عَلَّمْتَهُ أَحَدًا مِنْ خَلْقِكَ أَوِ اسْتَأْثَرْتَ بِهِ فِيْ عِلْمِ الْغَيْبِ عِنْدَكَ أَنْ تَجْعَلَ الْقُرْآنَ رَبِيْعَ قَلْبِيْ وَنُوْرَ صَدْرِيْ وَجِلَاءَ حُزْنِيْ وَذَهَابَ هَمِّيْ

“O Allah, I am Your slave, the son of Your slave, the son of Your slave woman. My forelock is in Your hand and control, Your decree will surely prevail over me, Your judgment in dealing with me is full of justice. I beg of You through the medium of every name of Yours with which You have named Yourself or You have revealed in Your Book or which You taught to any one of Your creation (e.g. any of the Ambiyaa (‘alaihis salaam)) or which You have kept hidden within Your knowledge, that You make the Holy Qur’aan the source of comfort (and happiness) for my heart, and the light of my chest, and the means of removing my grief and sorrow, and the means of removing my worry.”

The Sahaabah (radhiyallahu ‘anhum) then asked, “O Rasul of Allah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam)! Should we learn these words of du‘aa?” Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) replied, “Yes! The one who hears these words of du‘aa should learn them.”

azc
10-01-2018, 04:02 PM
Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said:

“Whoever says the following ten times, at the end of every Fajr prayer, while his feet are still folded, before speaking:

La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul mulku wa lahul hamdu, yuhyi wa yumitu, wa huwa ‘ala kulli shayin qadir

(Translation: None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, Alone without partner, to Him belongs all that exists, and to Him is the praise, He gives life and causes death, and He is powerful over all things.)

Ten good deeds shall be written for him, ten sins will be wiped away from him, ten degrees shall be raised up for him, and he shall be in security all that day from every disliked thing, and he shall be in protection from Shaytan, and no sin will meet him or destroy him that day, except for associating partners with Allah.”

Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 3474 and Musnad Ahmad. Imam Tirmidhi has classified it as authentic (hasan sahih)

azc
10-01-2018, 04:34 PM
“O Allah! Make my body healthy, Make my hearing healthy, Make my eyesight healthy. There is no Deity but You”

Imam Abu Dawud (rahimahullah) has recorded this du’a, as part of a longer narration. Sayyiduna Abu Bakrah (radiyallahu ‘anhu) would recite this du’a thrice every morning and evening as he heard Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) reciting it.

(Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 5049)

Arabic Text of the du’a

اللَّهُمَّ عَافِنِي فِي بَدَنِي، اللَّهُمَّ عَافِنِي فِي سَمْعِي، اللَّهُمَّ عَافِنِي فِي بَصَرِي، لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ

Allahumma ‘afini fi badani, Allahumma ‘afini fi sam’i, Allahumma ‘afini fi basari La ilaha illa anta

azc
10-02-2018, 01:35 AM
عن علي بن أبي طالب ر قال: كان النبي صلى عليه وسلم إذا سلم من الصلاة، قال: اللهم اغفر لي ما قدمت وما أخرت، وما أسررت وما أعلنت، وما أسرفت وما أنت أعلم به مني، أنت المقدم وأنت المؤخر، لا إله إلا أنت ‏‎)‎ابو داود رقم ‏‎(‎1509

Hazrat Ali (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) would recite the following duaa after completing his salaah:

اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي مَا قَدَّمْتُ وَمَا أَخَّرْتُ، وَمَا أَسْرَرْتُ وَمَا أَعْلَنْتُ، وَمَا أَسْرَفْتُ وَمَا أَنْتَ أَعْلَمُ بِهِ مِنِّي، أَنْتَ الْمُقَدِّمُ وَأَنْتَ الْمُؤَخِّرُ، لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْت

O Allah, forgive my sins, my past sins and my future sins, the sins done in secret and the sins committed openly, and the (major) sins where I surpassed the limits (of Shariah) and those sins that You know more than me. You are the first and You are the last. There is none worthy of worship besides You.

azc
10-04-2018, 06:32 PM
protection against your enemy

Transliteration

Allaahumma 'innaa naj'aluka fee nuhoorihim wa na'oothu bika min shuroorihim.

Translation

O Allah, we ask You to restrain them by their necks and we seek refuge in You from their evil.

اللّهُـمَّ إِنا نَجْـعَلُكَ في نُحـورِهِـم، وَنَعـوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شُرورِهـمْ

Abu Dawud 2/89, and Al-Hakim graded it authentic and Ath-Thahabi agreed 2/142

azc
10-04-2018, 07:41 PM
Dua for morning and evening:

Transliteration

'A 'oothu billaahi minash-Shaytaanir-rajeem. Allaahu laa 'ilaaha 'illaa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyoom, laa ta'khuthuhu sinatun wa laa nawm, lahu maa fis-samaawaati wa maa fil-'ardh, man thai-lathee yashfa'u 'indahu 'illaa bi'ithnih, ya'lamu maa bayna 'aydeehim wa maa khalfahum, wa laa yuheetoona bishay'im-min 'ilmihi 'illaa bimaa shaa'a, wasi'a kursiyyuhus samaawaati wal'ardh, wa laa ya'ooduhu hifdhuhumaa, wa Huwal- 'Aliyyul- 'Adheem.

Translation

I seek refuge in Allah from Satan the outcast. - Allah! There is none worthy of worship but He, the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists.
Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission?
He knows what happens to them in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter. And they will never encompass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Throne extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.

أَعُوذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ "اللهُ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لَا تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلَا نَوْمٌ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ مَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلَّا بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلَا يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلَّا بِمَا شَاءَ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ وَلَا يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ

Whoever says this when he rises in the morning will be protected from jinns until he retires in the evening, and whoever says it when retiring in the evening will be protected from them until he rises in the morning.

It was reported by Al-Hakim 1 / 562, Al-Albani graded it as authentic in Sahihut-Targhib wat-Tarhib 1/273, and traces it to An-Nasa'i and At-Tabarani. He says that At-Tabarani's chain of transmission is reliable (Jayyid)

azc
10-09-2018, 05:31 PM
عن علي بن أبي طالب ر قال: كان النبي صلى عليه وسلم إذا سلم من الصلاة، قال: اللهم اغفر لي ما قدمت وما أخرت، وما أسررت وما أعلنت، وما أسرفت وما أنت أعلم به مني، أنت المقدم وأنت المؤخر، لا إله إلا أنت

ابو داود رقم 1509

Hazrat Ali (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) would recite the following duaa after completing his salaah:

اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي مَا قَدَّمْتُ وَمَا أَخَّرْتُ، وَمَا أَسْرَرْتُ وَمَا أَعْلَنْتُ، وَمَا أَسْرَفْتُ وَمَا أَنْتَ أَعْلَمُ بِهِ مِنِّي، أَنْتَ الْمُقَدِّمُ وَأَنْتَ الْمُؤَخِّرُ، لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ

O Allah, forgive my sins, my past sins and my future sins, the sins done in secret and the sins committed openly, and the (major) sins where I surpassed the limits (of Shariah) and those sins that You know more than me. You are the first and You are the last. There is none worthy of worship besides You.

azc
10-11-2018, 05:24 PM
Question: What is the dua to purify the heart from resentment and jealousy and to purify the tongue from backbiting, tale-carrying, and lying?

Answer of Shaikh Bin Baz:

The male or female Muslim makes dua for everything that benefits him with regards to that. So he says for example:

اللهُمَّ طَهِّرْ قَلْبِي مِنْ كُلِّ خُلُقٍ لا يُرْضِيْكَ

“O Allaah, purify my heart from every characteristic that is not pleasing to You.”

اللهُمَّ طَهِّرْ قَلْبِي مِنَ الغِلِّ والحِقْدِ والحَسَدِ والكِبْرِ

“O Allaah, purify my heart from hatred, resentment, jealousy, and arrogance.”

اللهُمَّ طَهِّرْ قَلْبِي مِنْ كُلِّ سُوْءٍ ، وَمِنْ كُلِّ أَذَى ، وَمِنْ كُلِّ دَاءٍ

“O Allaah, purify my heart from every evil, from every harm, and from every disease.”

All of these are good things to say. So when the male or female Muslim makes dua with the likes of these duas, then that is good. He can use general words )like(:
)Translator’s Note: Shaikh Ibn Baz is mostly giving examples of things people can say using general wordings )i.e. not a specifically worded dua from the Quran or Sunnah(. He also mentions two specifically worded duas from the authentic Sunnah whose references can be found in the footnotes.(

اللهُمَّ طَهِّرْ قَلْبِي مِنْ كُلِّ سُوْءٍ

“O Allaah purify my heart from every evil.”

اللهُمَّ طَهِّرْ قَلْبِي مِنْ كُلِّ مَا يُغْضِبُكَ

“O Allaah, purify my heart from everything which angers You.”

اللهُمَّ طَهِّرْ قَلْبِي مِنْ كُلِّ غِلٍّ وَحِقْدٍ وَحَسَدٍ، وَكِبْرٍ

“O Allaah, purify my heart from all hatred, resentment, jealousy, and arrogance.”

And what is similar to that )from expressions(. And he says:

اللهُمَّ يَا مُقَلِّبَ القُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِي عَلَى دِيْنِكَ

“O Allaah, O Turner of the hearts, keep my heart firm upon your religion” ]1[

يَا مُصَرِّفَ القُلُوْبِ صَرِّفْ قَلْبِي عَلَى طَاعَتِكَ

And, “O Turner of the hearts, turn my heart to your obedience” ]2[

اللهُمَّ أَصْلِحْ قَلْبِي وَعَمَلِي

“O Allaah, make my heart and my deeds upright.”

اللهُمَّ أَصْلِحْ قَلْبِي وَعَمَلِي

“O Allaah, make my heart and my deeds upright.”

اللهُمَّ طَهِّرْ قَلْبِي مِنْ كُلِّ سُوْءٍ

“O Allaah, purify my heart from every evil.”

اللهُمَّ طَهِّرْ قَلْبِي مِنْ كُلِّ دَاءٍ

“O Allaah, purify my heart from every disease.”

اللهُمَّ طَهِّرْ قَلْبِي وَجَوَارِحِي مِنْ كُلِّ سُوْءٍ

“O Allaah, purify my heart and my limbs from every evil.”

اللهُمَّ طَهِّرْ قَلْبِي وَجَوَارِحِي مِنْ كُلِّ مَا يُغْضِبُكَ

“O Allaah, purify my heart and my limbs from everything that angers You.”

All of these are good, appropriate words )to say(. Jazaakumullaahu khairan.

Footnotes

]1[Shaikh Albaanee declared it to be saheeh in Saheeh al Adab al Mufrad )527(

]2[With the wording:
اللَّهمَّ مُصَرِّفَ القُلُوبِ صَرِّفْ قُلُوبَنا على طاعَتِكَ
Narrated by Abdullah bin ‘Amr, collected in Saheeh Muslim, Book of al-Qadr )divine decree(

azc
10-12-2018, 06:56 PM
One should recite the following duaa in the morning or at night

لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ، وَاللهُ أَكْبَرُ، لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ، لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ، لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ، وَلَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللهِ

There is none worthy of worship besides Allah Ta’ala, and Allah Ta’ala is the greatest. There is none worthy of worship besides Allah Ta’ala who is alone. There is none worthy of worship besides Allah Ta’ala who has no partner. There is none worthy of worship besides Allah Ta’ala to whom belongs the kingdom (of the entire universe) and for Him is all praise. There is none worthy of worship besides Allah Ta’ala, and there is no ability (to avoid sins) and no power (to do good) except with the help of Allah Ta’ala.

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه يرفع الحديث إلى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم قال: من قال: لا إله إلا الله، والله أكبر، لا إله إلا الله وحده لا إله إلا الله لا شريك له، لا إله إلا الله، له الملك وله الحمد، لا إله إلا الله، ولا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله، يعقدهن خمسا بأصابعه، ثم قال: من قالهن في يوم أو ليلة أو في شهر ثم مات في ذلك اليوم، أو في تلك الليلة، أو في ذلك الشهر، غفر له ذنبه )جامع الأحاديث رقم 23273( ]1[

Hadhrat Abu Hurayrah (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “The one who recites the followingduaain the day or night or in a month, and passes away on that day or night or in that month, his (minor) sins will be forgiven.

]1[عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه يرفع الحديث إلى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم قال: من قال: لا إله إلا الله، والله أكبر، لا إله إلا الله وحده لا شريك له، لا إله إلا الله، له الملك وله الحمد، لا إله إلا الله، ولا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله، يعقدهن خمسا بأصابعه، ثم قال: من قالهن في يوم أو ليلة أو في شهر ثم مات في ذلك اليوم، أو في تلك الليلة، أو في ذلك الشهر، غفر له ذنبه

السنن الكبرى للنسائي رقم 9773

azc
10-15-2018, 06:31 PM
693.عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ رَضِيَ اللهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ: كانَ رَسُولُ اللهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَدْعُو: )اللّهُمّ إِنّي أَعُوذ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ, وَمِنْ عَذَابِ النّارِ, وَمِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَحْيَا وَالمَمَاتِ, وَمِنْ فِتْنَةِ المَسِيحِ الدّجّالِ(.رواه البخاري:1377

693. Narrated Abu Hurairaرضى الله عنه: Allâh's Messengerصلى الله عليه وسلمused to invoke (Allâh):

Allâhumma inni a'udhu bika min 'adhâbilqabr, wa min 'adhâbinnar, wa min fitnatilmahyâ walmamât, wa min fitnatil Masih Ad-Dajjâl.

(O Allâh! I seek refuge with you from the punishment in the grave and from the punishment in the Hellfire and from the Fitnah (trial and afflictions etc.) of life and death, and the Fitnah (trial and afflictions etc.) of Al Masih Ad-Dajjâl. (2:459O.B.)

azc
10-16-2018, 03:13 AM
Duas for protection of Eeman and steadfastness on Deen up to the end of one’s life:

No one is safe from misguidance. So remember to constantly ask Allah to keep you on the straight path.

The Duas given below should be read daily for this purpose of protecting one's Imaan and Living and Dying on Islam:
------------------
رَبَّنَا لَا تُزِغْ قُلُوبَنَا بَعْدَ إِذْ هَدَيْتَنَا وَهَبْ لَنَا مِن لَّدُنكَ رَحْمَةً ۚ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْوَهَّابُ

"Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us and grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower."
[Qur’an- Surah Aal ‘Imraan 3:8]
---------------------
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) often used to say:
«يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِي عَلَى دِينِك»

(Yaa Muqallibal Quloob Thabbit Qalbee ‘alaa Deenik)

“O Turner of the hearts, make my heart steadfast in adhering to Your religion.”

(Tirmidhi (2140), Ibn Majah; graded Sahih)
---------------------------
The prophet ﺻﻠﯽ الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰ ﻋﻠﯿﮧ ﻭﺍٓﻟﮧ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ said:
اللَّهُمَّ مُصَرِّفَ الْقُلُوبِ صَرِّفْ قُلُوبَنَا عَلَى طَاعَتِكَ

Allāhumma Musarrif al-Qulūbi Sarrif Qulūbana 'alā Tā'atika

"O Allah, Turner of the hearts, direct our hearts to Your obedience."

(Sahih Muslim)
----------------------------
The prophet ﺻﻠﯽ الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰ ﻋﻠﯿﮧ ﻭﺍٓﻟﮧ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ used to pray after salah:
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْكُفْرِ وَالْفَقْرِ وَعَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ

"Allahumma inni a'udhu bika minal-kufri wal-faqri, wa 'adhabil-qabri

(O Allah, I seek refuge with You from Kufr, poverty and the torment of the grave.)"

(Nasai- Grade Hasan)
----------------------------
The prophet ﺻﻠﯽ الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰ ﻋﻠﯿﮧ ﻭﺍٓﻟﮧ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ advised to recite:
اللهم اهدني، وسددني

Allahumma-hdini wa saddidni

(O Allah! Direct me to the Right Path and make me adhere to the Straight Path)." (Sahih Muslim)
--------------------------------
Even Prophet Yusuf عليه سلم prayed for death on Eeman:
تَوَفَّنِي مُسْلِمًا وَأَلْحِقْنِي بِالصَّالِحِينَ

"Cause me to die a Muslim and join me with the Righteous." (12:101)
---------------------------------
*Other important advice:*
Please notice in the above ayah that dying as a Muslim and being in the company of the righteous have been inter-linked.

Similarly the Hadith mentions that a man is up on the Deen of his friend. (Sunan Abu Dawud-
الرَّجُلُ عَلَى دِينِ خَلِيلِهِ فَلْيَنْظُرْ أَحَدُكُمْ مَنْ يُخَالِلُ )

So, along with the Duas, we must be careful about the people we befriend and the company we adopt, in real life or online.

And if one gets any doubts or misunderstands any aspect of Islam, he should discuss it with a good scholar as soon as possible so as to have certainty of faith and peace of mind.

May Allah protect us all from every misguidance. آمين يا رب العالمين

(Abu Hamza Deccani)

azc
10-16-2018, 05:52 PM
Dua for rain:

اللهم حوالينا ؤ لا علينا اللهم علي الآكام و الظراب و بطون الأودية و منابت الشجر

‘'O Allah (let it rain) around us and not on us, O Allah (let it rain) on the hilltops, on the highlands (plateaus), in the valleys and over the places where trees grow.’

Bukhari

azc
10-17-2018, 12:00 PM
The Prophet salAllahu ‘alayhi was-salam said:

“Shirk (attributing partners to Allah) is harder to detect amongst you than the crawling of an ant but I will guide you to something which if you do it Allah will remove from you the lesser shirk and the greater shirk.”

Prophet s.a.w taught this du`a. What is meant by the greater shirk is worshiping gods alongside Allah and lesser shirk is riya’ or showing off in acts of worship, and this du`a is a protection from both types:

الَّلهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ أَنْ أُشْرِكَ بِكَ وأَنا أَعلَمُ وأَستَغفِرُكَ لما لا أَعلَمُ

Allahumma inni a`udhu bika an ushrika bika wa ana a`lamu wa astaghfiruka lima la a`lamu

“O Allah I seek refuge in You from knowingly associating partners with You, and I seek Your forgiveness for that which I do not know.”

{Ahmad 4/403. See also Al-Albani, Sahihul-Jami' As-Saghir 3/233 and Sahihut-Targhib wat- Tarhib 1/19.}

azc
10-18-2018, 01:45 PM
Dua for freedom from Debts and Haram earnings:

وعن عليّ أنَّ مُكَاتباً جاءهُ فَقَالَ : إنِّي عَجِزْتُ عَنْ كِتَابَتِي فَأعِنِّي ، قَالَ : ألا أُعَلِّمُكَ كَلِماتٍ عَلَّمَنِيهنَّ رسُولُ الله لَوْ كَانَ عَلَيْكَ مِثْلُ جَبَلٍ دَيْناً أدَّاهُ اللهُ عَنْكَ ؟ قَالَ : قُلْ : « اللَّهُمَّ اكْفِني بِحَلاَلِكَ عَنْ حَرَامِكَ ، وَأغْنِنِي بِفَضْلِكَ عَمَّنْ سِواكَ » . رواه الترمذي ، وقال : ( حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ ) . فيه : استحباب الدعاء بهؤلاء الكلمات .

'Ali (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A slave who had made a contract with his master to pay for his freedom, came to me and said: "I am unable to fulfill my obligation, so help me." He said to him: "Shall I not teach you a supplication which the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) taught me? It will surely prove so effective that if you have a debt as large as a huge mountain, Allah will surely pay it for you. Say:

'Allahumm-akfini bihalalika 'an haramika, wa aghnini bifadlika 'amman siwaka (O Allah! Grant me enough of what You make lawful so that I may dispense with what You make unlawful, and enable me by Your Grace to dispense with all but You)."

[At-Tirmidhi].

azc
10-18-2018, 04:50 PM
Abū Sa’īd says that once Rasūlullāh s.a.w saw Abū Umāmah ra in a sad condition and asked him what the matter was. He replied that he was overburdened by debts and worries. Rasūlullāh s.a.w said,

“I will show you such a du’ā which, if you read it, Allāh will remove all your worries and fulfil all your debts. Read this du’ā every morning and evening,

أَللَّهُمَّ إِنِّيْ أَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْهَمِّ وَالْحُزْنِ وَ أَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْعَجْزِ وَالْكَسَلِ وَ أَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْجُبْنِ وَالْبُخْلِ وَ أَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنَ غَلَبَةِ الدَّيْنِ وَ قَهْرِ الرِّجَالِ

“O Allāh, I seek refuge in You from worry and grief. I seek refuge in You from weakness and laxity. I seek refuge in You from cowardice and miserliness. I seek refuge in You from overpowering debt and the subjugation of men.”

Abū Umāmah ra says that when he began reciting these words, Allāh granted him freedom from his worries and fulfilled his debt.

(Abû Dâwûd)

azc
10-20-2018, 03:49 AM
It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) used to say,

‘Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika min al-kasali wa’l-haram wa’l-maghram wa’l-ma’tham. Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika min ‘adhaab al-naar wa fitnat il-naar, wa fitnat il-qabri, wa ‘adhaab il-qabri, wa sharri fitnat il-ghina wa sharri fitnat il-faqair wa min sharri fitnat il-maseeh il-Dajjaal. Allaahumma ighsil khataayaaya bi ma’ al-thalji wa’l-baradi wa naqqi qalbi min al-khataaya kama yunaqqa al-thawb al-abyad min al-danas, wa baa’id bayni wa bayna khataayaayakamabaa’adta bayna al-mashriqi wa’l-maghrib

(O Allah! I seek refuge with You from laziness and old age, and from debts and sins; from the torment of the Fire and from the tribulation of the Fire, and from the tribulation of the grave and the torment of the grave, and from the evil of the tribulation of wealth, and from the evil of the tribulation of poverty, and from the evil of the tribulation of the Dajjaal (Antichrist). O Allah! Wash away my sins with the water of snow and hail, and cleanse my heart from sin as a white garment is cleansed from filth, and put a great distance between me and my sins, as great as the distance You have made between the East and the West).”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6014)

azc
10-22-2018, 07:19 PM
Āishah ra narrates that Rasūlullāh s.a.w used to recite the du’ā,

أَللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْ أَوْسَعَ رِزْقِكَ عَلَيَّ عِنْدَ كِبَرِ سِنِّيْ وَانْقِضَاءِ عُمْرِيْ

“O Allāh, expand Your sustenance for me when I become old and at the end of my life.”

(Tabrânî)

azc
10-23-2018, 05:32 PM
The Prophet Sulaiman عليه سلم prayed:

وَأَدْخِلْنِي بِرَحْمَتِكَ فِي عِبَادِكَ الصَّالِحِينَ

"..and admit me, by Your mercy, among Your righteous slaves." [27:19]

The Prophet Yusuf عليه سلم prayed:

Allah swt has taught us to pray that even the death comes among the righteous:

رَّبَّنَا إِنَّنَا سَمِعْنَا مُنَادِيًا يُنَادِي لِلْإِيمَانِ أَنْ آمِنُوا بِرَبِّكُمْ فَآمَنَّا ۚ رَبَّنَا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَكَفِّرْ عَنَّا سَيِّئَاتِنَا وَتَوَفَّنَا مَعَ الْأَبْرَارِ

"Our Lord, indeed we have heard a caller calling to faith, [saying], 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed. Our Lord, so forgive us our sins and remove from us our misdeeds and cause us to die with the righteous."
Holy Quran, 3:193

آمين يا رب العالمين

(by Abu Hamza Deccani)

azc
10-23-2018, 06:06 PM
The Holy Prophet ﺻﻠﯽ الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰ ﻋﻠﯿﮧ ﻭﺍٓﻟﮧ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ used to supplicate:

اللهم اجعلني صبورا واجعلني شكورا واجعلني في عيني صغيرا و في اعين الناس كبيرا

Transliteration:

"Allahumma ‘aj’alni saburan waj’alni shakuran waj ‘alni fi ‘ayni sagheera wa fi a’ayuni an-naasi kabeera."

Translation:

"0 Allah! Make me one greatly patient and (one) greatly thankful, and belittle me in my own sight and elevate me in the sight of others."

(Kanzul Ummal on the authority of Buraida رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰ عنه)

azc
10-24-2018, 06:15 PM
Prophet :saws: taught us this dua

“ Allaahumma inni as’aluka al-thabaat fi’l-amri, wa as’aluka ‘azeemat al-rushd, wa as’aluka shukra ni’matika wa husna ‘ibaadatika, wa as’aluka lisaanan saadiqan wa qalban saleeman, wa a’oodhu bika min sharri ma ta’lam wa as’aluka min khayri ma ta’lam, wa astaghfiruka mimma ta’lam, innaka anta ‘allaam ul-ghuyoob

O Allaah, I ask you for steadfastness in this matter, and I ask You for the resolve to adhere to the path of guidance, and I ask You for gratitude for Your blessings and to worship You well, and I ask You for a truthful tongue and a sound heart, and I seek refuge with You from the evil of what You know, and I ask You for the good of what You know, and I ask You for forgiveness for what You know; You are the knower of the Unseen.”

-Musnad Ahmad (17155), al-Tirmidhi (3407) and al-Nasaa’i (1304)

azc
10-25-2018, 05:23 AM
“Indeed, harm has afflicted me, and You are the Most Merciful of all those who show mercy”

أَنِّي مَسَّنِيَ الضُّرُّ وَأَنتَ أَرْحَمُ الرَّاحِمِينَ

Annee massaniyad–durru wa-anta arhamur-raahimeen

Surah Al-Anbiya ,verse 83

This is the prayer of Prophet Ayub Alaihissalaam.

This dua can be recited :-

*.When you are overtaken by adversity and distress.
*.Good health and the cure of all the diseases
*.Removal of affliction and calamities
*.Fulfillment of all types of needs. For example marriage, business, jobs, exams etc
http://dua.2learnislam.com/2015/10/23/778/

azc
10-28-2018, 08:30 PM
The prophet ﺻﻠﯽ الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰ ﻋﻠﯿﮧ ﻭﺍٓﻟﮧ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ advised to recite:

اللهم اهدني، وسددني

Allahumma-hdini wa saddidni

(O Allah! Direct me to the Right Path and make me adhere to the Straight Path)."

(Sahih Muslim)

azc
10-29-2018, 04:09 PM
Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reports, When the people saw )picked their( new fruit, they used to come and present it to Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam. Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam then recited this du'a:

Transliteration:

Allahumma baarik lana fi thimaa-rina wa-baarik lanaa fi madinatinaa wa-baarik lanaa fi saa-'i-naa wa-fi muddinaa-Allahumma-inna Ebraahima 'ab-duka wa-kha-li-luka wa-nabiy-yuka wa-inna ab-duka wa-nabiy-yuka wa-in-nahu da'aa-ka li-makkata wa-inni ad'u-ka lil-madinati bi-mith-li maa da'aaka bihi li-makkata wa-mith-lahu ma'a-hu.

Translation:

Allah! Bless us in our fruits. Bless us in our city. Bless us in our Saa', and bless us in our Mudd' )these are two measures used in Madinah to measure dates, etc.(. O Allah :swt1: verily Ibrahim alaihis salaam is Your servant, friend and Nabi )since it was an occasion for humbleness Sayyidina Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam did not mention here his being the habib - beloved - of Alah.( And )whatever( he has supplicated to You for )colonising( Makkah. )Which is mentioned in the aayah, ...so incline some hearts of men that they may yearn towards them, and provide Thou them with fruits in order that they may be thankful. - Surah Ibrahim, 37( I supplicate the same to You for Madinah."

He then called a small child, to whom he gave that fruit.

حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، عَنْ مَالِكِ بْنِ أَنَسٍ ‏)‏ح‏(‏ وَحَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مُوسَى، قَالَ‏:‏ حَدَّثَنَا مَعْنٌ، قَالَ‏:‏ حَدَّثَنَا مَالِكٌ، عَنْ سُهَيْلِ بْنِ أَبِي صَالِحٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ‏:‏ كَانَ النَّاسُ إِذَا رَأَوْا أَوَّلَ الثَّمَرِ جَاءُوا بِهِ إِلَى رَسُولِ اللهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم، فَإِذَا أَخَذَهُ رَسُولُ اللهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم، قَالَ‏:‏ اللَّهُمَّ بَارِكْ لَنَا فِي ثِمَارِنَا، وَبَارِكْ لَنَا فِي مَدِينَتِنَا، وَبَارِكْ لَنَا فِي صَاعِنَا وَفِي مُدِّنَا، اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّ إِبْرَاهِيمَ عَبْدُكَ وَخَلِيلُكَ وَنَبِيُّكَ، وَإِنِّي عَبْدُكَ وَنَبِيُّكَ، وَإِنَّهُ دَعَاكَ لِمَكَّةَ، وَإِنِّي أَدْعُوكَ لِلْمَدِينَةِ، بِمِثْلِ مَا دَعَاكَ بِهِ لِمَكَّةَ وَمِثْلِهِ مَعَهُ، قَالَ‏:‏ ثُمَّ يَدْعُو أَصْغَرَ وَلِيدٍ يَرَاهُ، فَيُعْطِيهِ ذَلِكَ الثَّمَرَ‏.‏

English reference: Book 29, Hadith 192
Arabic reference: Book 30, Hadith 201

azc
10-30-2018, 02:58 AM
Duaa after Fajr salaah

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ رِزْقًا طَيِّبًا، وَعِلْمًا نَافِعًا، وَعَمَلًا مُتَقَبَّلًا

O Allah, I ask You for halaal and wholesome sustenance, beneficial knowledge and (the taufeeq of doing) good deeds that are accepted (by You).

‏ ‏Majma‎ al- zawaid #‎16976

azc
11-05-2018, 04:20 PM
One should recite the following Duaa after Fajr salaah and Maghrib salaah

اللهُمَّ أَجِرْنِي مِنَ النَّارِ

O Allah, save me from the fire of Jahannum

عن مسلم بن الحارث بن مسلم التميمي: أنه حدثهم عن أبيه قال: قال لي النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم: إذا صليت الصبح فقل قبل أن تتكلم: اللهم أجرني من النار سبع مرات، فإنك إن مت من يومك ذلك كتب الله لك جوارا من النار، فإذا صليت المغرب فقل قبل أن تتكلم: اللهم أجرني من النار سبع مرات، فإنك إن مت من ليلتك كتب الله لك جوارا من النار

السنن الكبرى للنسائي رقم 9859 ، ابو داود رقم 5080

Hazrat Haarith bin Muslim (radhiyallahu anhu) reports that on one occasion, Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) advised me saying, “After completing your Fajr salaah, then before speaking to anyone, recite ‎اللهُمَّ أَجِرْنِي مِنَ النَّارِ. If you pass away on that day, Allah Ta’ala will decree for you safety from the fire of Jahannum. (Similarly) after completing your Maghrib salaah, then before speaking to anyone recite ‎اللهُمَّ أَجِرْنِي مِنَ النَّارِ. If you pass away on that night, Allah Ta’ala will decree for you safety from the fire of Jahannum.”

http://ihyaauddeen.co.za/?p=12935

azc
11-07-2018, 01:32 AM
When Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radiyallahu’anhu) would be praised by others, he would recite this du’a:

اَللّهُمَّ أَنتَ أَعلَمُ مِنِّي بِنَفسِي وَأَنَا أَعلَمُ بِنَفسِي مِنهُم، اَللّهُمَّ اجعَلنِي خَيرًا مِّمَّا يَظُنُّونَ وَاغفِر لِي مَا لَا يَعلَمُونَ وَلَا تُؤَاخِذنِي بِمَا يَقُولُون

Allahumma anta a’lamu minni binafsi wa ana a’lamu binafsi minhum, Allahummaj ‘alni khayram mimma yazunnun, waghfirli ma la y’alamun, wala tua khidhni bima yaqulun.

O Allah, You Know me better than I know myself, and I know myself better than them.
O Allah, make me better than they think of me, and do not hold me responsible for what they say about

(Usdul Ghabah, vol.3 pg.324)

azc
11-07-2018, 07:23 PM
عن أبي هريرة قال دعا نبي الله صلى الله عليه و سلم سلمان فقال إن نبي الله يريد أن يمنحك كلمات من الرحمن ترغب إليه فيهن وتدعو بهن في الليل والنهار اللهم إني أسألك صحة في إيمان وإيمانا في حسن خلق ونجاة يتبعها فلاح ورحمة منك وعافية ومغفرة منك ورضوانا

المعجم الأوسط رقم 9333

Hadhrat Abu Hurayrah (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that on one occasion Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) called for Salmaan Faarsi (Radhiyallahu Anhu) and said to him: “The messenger of Allah Ta’ala wishes to present to you few precious words which he has received from Ar-Rahmaan (the Most Merciful), thereby you may be able to gain His closeness and proximity and call unto Him through these words in the night and day:

اللهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ صِحَّةً فِي إِيمَانٍ، وَإِيمَانًا فِي خُلُقٍ حَسَنٍ، وَنَجَاحًا يَتْبَعُهُ فَلَاحٌ، وَرَحْمَةً مِنْكَ وَعَافِيَةً، وَمَغْفِرَةً مِنْكَ وَرِضْوَانًا

O Allah, I beg of you sound and perfect Imaan, and Imaan accompanied by good character and success followed by prosperity (in this world and the Hereafter), and mercy from Your side and aafiyah (ease and safety), and forgiveness from Your side and Divine pleasure.

azc
11-08-2018, 03:41 AM
Dua when someone pass by a graveyard

السلام عليكم يا أهل القبور يغفر الله لنا ولكم أنتم سلفنا ونحن بالأثر

As salamu ‘alaykum ya ahlal qubur yaghfirullahu lana wa lakum antum salafuna wa nahnu bil athar

(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 1053. Also see: Sahih Muslim, Hadith: 249 and 975)

Translation

Peace be upon you inhabitants of the grave! May Allah forgive us and you. You are our predecessors and we are to follow you.

azc
11-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Nabi Dawud (‘alayhis salam) used to supplicate:

اللَّهُمَّ إنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ جَارٍ عَيْنُهُ تَرَانِي وَقَلْبُهُ يَرْعَانِي ، إِنْ رَأَى خَيْرًا دَفَنَهُ ، وَإِنْ رَأَى شَرًّا أَشَاعَهُ

Allahuma inni a’udhu bika min jarin ‘aynuhu tarani wa qalbuhu yar’ani, in ra a khayran dafanahu wa in ra a sharran ash’ahu

“O Allah! I seek protection in you against such a neighbour that his eyes observe me and his heart scrutinizes me, plotting. When he sees good in me, he buries it. But when he sees something bad, he spreads it far and wide.”

(Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah, Hadith: 30511)

azc
11-08-2018, 06:34 PM
Dua of Hz Nuh a.s

الحمد لله الذي حذاني ولو شاء أحفاني

Alhamdulillahilladhi hadhani wa law sha-a ahfani

(Tafsir Tabari, Surah Isra, Verse: 3, vol. 14 pg. 453. Refer: Al Futuhatur Rabbaniyyah, vol. 5 pg.

Translation

‘All praise belongs to Allah who has given me shoes to wear. If he wished he could have made be barefoot.’

azc
11-09-2018, 11:58 AM
Du’a when leaving a gathering:
Glory be to You, O Allah, with Your praises. I bear witness that there is no Deity besides You. I beg Your forgiveness and repent to You.

This du’a is known as ‘kaffaratul majlis’ [The du’a which atones for any futile talk in a gathering]. The Hadith has been recorded in many Hadith collections, on the authority of Sayyiduna Abu Barzah Al Aslami and Sayyiduna Abu Hurayrah (radiyallahu ‘anhuma).
Among them:

Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 3433
Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 4826
Musnad Ahmad, vol. 2 pg. 494/495
Mustadrak Hakim, vol. 1 pg. 537

Imam Tirmidhi (rahimahullah) has declared the Hadith authentic (hasanun sahihun gharib). Imam Hakim (rahimahullah) has declared the Hadith authentic and ‘Allamah Dhahabi concurs.

The Arabic text of the du’a:

سُبْحَانَكَ اللَّهُمَّ وَبِحَمْدِكَ، أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ أَسْتَغْفِرُكَ وَأَتُوبُ إِلَيْكَ

Subhanaka allahumma wa bihakdika ash-hadu al la ilaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayka

azc
11-09-2018, 06:41 PM
اللَّهُمَّ أَغْنِنِي بِالْعِلْمِ وَزَيِّنِّي بِالْحِلْمِ وَأَكْرِمْنِي بِالتَّقْوَى وَجَمِّلْنِي بِالْعَافِيَةِ

Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar (radiyallahu’anhuma) is recorded to have reported this as the du’a of Nabi (sallallahu’alayhi wasallam).

(Tarikh Ibn Najjar and Tarikh Qazwin; refer: Kanzul ‘Ummal, hadith: 3663 & 3757)

Imam Ibn Abid Dunya (rahimahullah) has also recorded Imam Sufyan Thawri (rahimahullah) stating that this was a du’a that Rasulullah (sallallahu’alayhi wasallam) would recite.

(Kitabul Hilm, Hadith: 3; Mawsu’ah ibn Abid dunya, Hadith: 12667)

Transliteration and Translation:

Allahumma aghnini bil ‘ilm wa zayyinni bil hilm wa akrimni bit taqwa wa jammilni bil ‘afiyah.

O Allah enrich me with knowledge, adorn me with tolerance, honour me with piety and beautify me with safety/good health.

azc
11-10-2018, 05:31 AM

“Whoever says the following ten times, at the end of every Fajr prayer, while his feet are still folded, before speaking:

La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul mulku wa lahul hamdu, yuhyi wa yumitu, wa huwa ‘ala kulli shayin qadir

(Translation: None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, Alone without partner, to Him belongs all that exists, and to Him is the praise, He gives life and causes death, and He is powerful over all things.)

Ten good deeds shall be written for him, ten sins will be wiped away from him, ten degrees shall be raised up for him, and he shall be in security all that day from every disliked thing, and he shall be in protection from Shaytan, and no sin will meet him or destroy him that day, except for associating partners with Allah.”

Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 3474 and Musnad Ahmad.

Duas_Revival
11-10-2018, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc

Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 3474 and Musnad Ahmad.
Dua for Jannah

Anas bin Malik narrated that the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said:

"Whoever asks Allah (s.w.t) Paradise three times, Paradise says: 'O Allah, admit him into Paradise'

Reference: Sunan Tirmidhi #2572

Learn More: https://www.duasrevival.com/

azc
11-17-2018, 07:32 PM
Dua before taking food

اللهم بارك لنا فيه وأطعمنا خيرا منه

Allahumma barik lana fihi wa at’imna khayram minhu

(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 3455 and Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 3723)

Translation

O Allah! Grant us blessing in this food and feed us better than it.

azc
11-20-2018, 10:26 AM
the Prophet :saws: used to say in his supplication:

"Rabbi! A'inni wa la tu'in 'alayya, wansurni wa la tansur 'alayya, wamkurli wa la tamkur 'alayya, wahdini wa yassiril-huda li, wansurni 'ala man bagha 'alayya. Rabbij'alni laka shakkaran laka dhakkaran, laka rahhaban, laka muti'an, 'ilayka mukhbitan, 'ilayka awwahan muniba. Rabbi! Taqabbal tawbati, waghsil hawbati wa ajib da'wati, wahdi qalbi, wa saddid lisani, wa thabbit hujjati, waslul sakhimata qalbi

O Lord! Help me and do not help others against me, support me and do not support others against me, plan for me and do not plan against me, guide me and make guidance easy for me, and help me against those who wrong me. O Lord! Make me grateful to You, make me remember You much, make me fearful of You, obedient to You, humble before You and turning to You. O Lord! Accept my repentance and wash away my sins, answer my supplication, guide my heart, make my tongue speak the truth, make my proof firm and remove resentment from my heard

Sunan Ibn Majah 3830

MazharShafiq
11-20-2018, 03:03 PM
Du`a’ (supplication) is an incredible power that many of us sometimes don’t fully comprehend—because if we did, we would do whatever is necessary to get our du`a’s answered. Sometimes our du`a’s are answered immediately and sometimes they take much longer than we expect. However, when made properly, du`a’ can transform our lives and bring about miraculous results.

azc
11-20-2018, 04:01 PM
"If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it and dies before the morning he will be from the people of Paradise."

Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 75, Number 318

Allahumma anta rabbee la ilaha illa anta,
O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshiped except You,

khalaqtanee wa-ana ‘abduka,
You created me and I am Your servant

wa-ana ‘alaa ‘ahdika wawa’dika mas-tata’tu,
and I abide to Your covenant and promise [to honor it] as best I can,

a’oothu bika min sharri ma sana’tu,
I take refuge in You from the evil of which I committed

aboo-o laka bini’matika ‘alaya,
I acknowledge Your favor upon me

wa-aboo-o bizambee, faghfir lee
and I acknowledge my sin, so forgive me,

fa-innahu la yaghfiruz-zunooba illa ant.
for verily none can forgive sins except You.

azc
11-23-2018, 04:48 PM
It was narrated that Abu Hurairah :ra: said:

"Fatimah :ra: came to the Prophet :saws: to ask him for a servant, and he said: 'I do not have anything to give you.' So she went back, but after that he came to her and said: 'Is what you asked for dearer to you, or something better than that?' 'Ali :ra: said to her: 'Say: something better than that.' So she said it. He said: 'Say:

Allahumma Rabbas-samawatis-Sab'i wa Rabbal-'Arshil-'Azim, Rabbana wa Rabba Kulli shay'in, munzil at-Tawrati wal-Injili wal-Qur'anil-'Azim. Antal-Awwalu fa laysa qablaka shay', wa Antal-Akiru fa laysa ba'daka shay', Antaz-Zahiru fa laysa fawqaka shay', wa Antal-Batinu fa laysa dunaka shay', Iqdi 'annad-daina wa aghnina minal-faqr

O Allah, Lord of the seven heavens and Lord of the Mighty Throne, Our Lord, and the Lord of Everything, Revealer of the Tawrah, the Injil and the Magnificent Qur'an. You are the First and there is nothing after You; You are the Last and there is nothing after You. You are the Most High, and there is nothing above You, and You are the Most Near and there is nothing nearer than You. Settle our debts and make us free of want.'"

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ أَبِي عُبَيْدَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبِي، عَنِ الأَعْمَشِ، عَنْ أَبِي صَالِحٍ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ أَتَتْ فَاطِمَةُ النَّبِيَّ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ تَسْأَلُهُ خَادِمًا فَقَالَ لَهَا ‏"‏ مَا عِنْدِي مَا أُعْطِيكِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَرَجَعَتْ فَأَتَاهَا بَعْدَ ذَلِكَ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ الَّذِي سَأَلْتِ أَحَبُّ إِلَيْكِ أَوْ مَا هُوَ خَيْرٌ مِنْهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ لَهَا عَلِيٌّ قُولِي لاَ بَلْ مَا هُوَ خَيْرٌ مِنْهُ فَقَالَتْ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ قُولِي اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّ السَّمَوَاتِ السَّبْعِ وَرَبَّ الْعَرْشِ الْعَظِيمِ رَبَّنَا وَرَبَّ كُلِّ شَىْءٍ مُنْزِلَ التَّوْرَاةِ وَالإِنْجِيلِ وَالْقُرْآنِ الْعَظِيمِ أَنْتَ الأَوَّلُ فَلَيْسَ قَبْلَكَ شَىْءٌ وَأَنْتَ الآخِرُ فَلَيْسَ بَعْدَكَ شَىْءٌ وَأَنْتَ الظَّاهِرُ فَلَيْسَ فَوْقَكَ شَىْءٌ وَأَنْتَ الْبَاطِنُ فَلَيْسَ دُونَكَ شَىْءٌ اقْضِ عَنَّا الدَّيْنَ وَأَغْنِنَا مِنَ الْفَقْرِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Sunan Ibn Majah 3831

azc
11-25-2018, 01:27 PM
Abu Hurairah :ra: told that the Messenger of Allah :saws: said:

'Allahumma! Inni a'udhu bika minal-arba': min 'ilmin la yanfa'u, wa min qalbin la yakhsha'u, wa min nafsin la tashba'u, wa min du'a'in la yusma'

O Allah, I seek refuge with You from four things: From knowledge that is of no benefit, from a heart that does not fear )You(, from a soul that is never satisfied, and from a supplication that is not heard

Sunan Ibn Majah 3837

azc
11-26-2018, 02:59 AM
Narrated Shaddad bin Aus :ra: :
The Prophet ‏:saws:‎ said "The most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah :swt1: is:

'Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Khalaqtani wa ana `Abduka, wa ana `ala `ahdika wa wa`dika mastata`tu, A`udhu bika min Sharri ma sana`tu, abu'u Laka bini`matika `alaiya, wa abu'u laka bidhanbi faghfir lee fa innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta."

The Prophet ‏:saws:‎ added. "If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise."

Sahih al-Bukhari 6306

azc
12-01-2018, 03:14 PM
It was the habit of Nabi (sallallahu’alayhi wasallam) that whenever the winds would blow, his colour would change and he would become worried. Upon enquiry, he would say: “I fear that it could be a punishment for my Ummah.” He would also recite the following Du’a:

اَللهُم إني أسْألُكَ خيرَها وَخَيْرَ ما فِيها وَخيرَ ما أُرْسِلَتْ به، وَأعُودُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرها وَشر ما فيها وشر ما أُرْسِلَتْ به
Allahumma inni as-aluka khairaha wa khaira ma fiha wa khaira ma ursilat bihi, wa a’uzhubika min sharriha wa sharri ma fiha wa sharri ma ursilat bihi

Translation:

O Allah! I beseech Thee for the good of it, the good in it, the good that it brings, and I seek refuge in you from its evil, the evil that’s in it and the evil that comes with it.

(Sahih Muslim, Hadith: 2082)

azc
12-03-2018, 06:56 PM
The Prophet salAllahu ‘alayhi was-salam said:

“Shirk (attributing partners to Allah :swt1: ) is harder to detect amongst you than the crawling of an ant but I will guide you to something which if you do it Allah :swt: will remove from you the lesser shirk and the greater shirk.”

He :saws: then taught them this du`a. What is meant by the greater shirk is worshiping gods alongside Allah :swt: and lesser shirk is riya’ or showing off in acts of worship, and this du`a is a protection from both types:

الَّلهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ أَنْ أُشْرِكَ بِكَ وأَنا أَعلَمُ وأَستَغفِرُكَ لما لا أَعلَمُ

Allahumma inni a`udhu bika an ushrika bika wa ana a`lamu wa astaghfiruka lima la a`lamu

“O Allah I seek refuge in You from knowingly associating partners with You, and I seek Your forgiveness for that which I do not know.”
(3 times in the morning and 3 times in the evening)

Source:
http://abdulkarimyahya.com /hu-tazkiya-lessons- red-sulfur-and-the-greatest- elixir/supplication-against- showing-off-in-worship-riya/

{This Dua is found in: Ahmad 4/403. See also Al-Albani, Sahihul-Jami' As-Saghir 3/233 and Sahihut-Targhib wat- Tarhib 1/19.}

emem.masorong
12-06-2018, 02:31 AM
The Prophet ‏:saws:‎ said "The most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah :swt1: is:

'Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Khalaqtani wa ana `Abduka, wa ana `ala `ahdika wa wa`dika mastata`tu, A`udhu bika min Sharri ma sana`tu, abu'u Laka bini`matika `alaiya, wa abu'u laka bidhanbi faghfir lee fa innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta."

The Prophet ‏:saws:‎ added. "If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise."

Sahih al-Bukhari 6306
What does it mean in English?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much all of you. Allahuakbar.

azc
12-06-2018, 06:41 AM
Dua of Moulana Zubair rh

Assalamua'laikum

once in a markaz, there was gathering of all elders of india
so Moulana Zubair rh came for dua at end and a near meaning of his dua....

The words he began with .....

" Ya Allah, jitnay badhay is kaam may thay sub ek ek kar chalegaye, jitnay safaid dadi walay thay, sub ek ek kar chalyey gaye.. ya Allah ab sirf ginti kay chand loug rahgaye hai..pata nahi ye b kab jamay jhod kar chalejayengay...

(Ya Allah, all the elder people of this work have went away, all those have white beards are going away one after another, now there are just a few countable people alive, we dont know when they will also leave us )
By now all the people in the top floor (which was completely filled) were crying very sadly.

Then he continued..

" Ya Allah ab tuhi hamari hifazath farma... Saari duniya is waqt hamay dekh rahihai, sari duniya ki nazar is waqt hamper hay, har koi ham per ungli utatha hai

(Ya Allah, please save guard us, the complete world is watching us, everyone points out fingers at us (well, he didnt mean pointing out the errrors of indivduals)) "

then he said this world, which are crystal clear in my mind and inshaAllah will be in future

He said..

" Ya Allah, yaha jitnay loug hai.. unay kuch takleef hoti hai... kuch parayshani hoti hai... toh apnay ghar chale jatay hai, apnay ghar waloun say usay banth tay hai,ya hamay suna detay hai.. ..dil halka hojata hai... Lekin Ya Allah... hum kaha jaye... hum toh yahi per hai.. hum kiskay pass jaakar hamarai takleefoun ko bataye ya Allah.. hamari toh sunnay wala koi nahi hai...bus tu hi hai.. ya Allah.

(Ya Allah, the people who are here, if they have worries and pains, they will go to their families, they will share it with their families or they will share with us, their heart will become light. But ya Allah.. where should we go..we are always here.. where should we go and share our worries and pains.. to whom should we tell obout our worries and pains.. there is no one to listen to us.. only You are there ya Allah)

http://abdulquddus.blogspot.com/sear...&by-date=false

azc
12-16-2018, 05:49 AM
'Abdullah bin Mas'ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Prophet ‏:saws:‎ used to supplicate:

"Allahumma inni as'alukal-huda, wat-tuqa, wal-'afafa, wal-ghina

O Allah! I beseech You for guidance, piety, chastity and contentment."

Muslim

azc
12-18-2018, 06:06 PM

(Al Hisnul Haseen)

(Fathul qadeer)
https://www.tafseer-raheemi.com/when...0%2C1916704604

azc
12-19-2018, 04:25 AM
When ascending any high place, one should recite the following du‘aa:

اَلَّلهُمَّ لَكَ الشَرَفُ عَلَى كُلِّ شَرَفٍ وَلَكَ الحَمْدُ عَلَى كُلِّ حَال

عن أنس بن مالك رضي الله عنه أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم كان إذا علا نشزا من الأرض قال اللهم لك الشرف على كل شرف ولك الحمد على كل حال

مسند أحمد #13504

Hazrat Anas (radhiallahu ‘anhu) reports that whenever Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) would ascend onto a high ground, he would recite the following du‘aa:

اَلَّلهُمَّ لَكَ الشَرَفُ عَلَى كُلِّ شَرَفٍ وَلَكَ الحَمْدُ عَلَى كُلِّ حَال

azc
12-19-2018, 06:18 AM
The following Du‘aa should be recited when bidding someone farewell at the time of him departing on a journey:
اَستَودِعُ اللهَ دِينَكَ وَأَمَانَتَكَ وَخَوَاتِيمَ عَمَلِكَ

I place your deen, your trust (wife, children and subordinates) and your final actions (at the time of death) in the care and trust of Allah Ta‘ala

عن سالم أن ابن عمر كان يقول للرجل إذا أراد سفرا ادن مني أودعك كما كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم يودعنا فيقول استودع الله دينك وأمانتك وخواتيم عملك

ترمذي #3443

Hazrat Saalim (rahimahullah) reports that Hazrat ibn Umar (radhiyallahu ‘anhuma) would address a person embarking on a journey saying, “Come close to me, I will bid you farewell in the manner that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) would bid us farewell. He would say:

اَستَودِعُ اللهَ دِينَكَ وَأَمَانَتَكَ وَخَوَاتِيمَ عَمَلِك

azc
12-24-2018, 01:59 PM
The Prophet ‏:saws:‎ said:

"The most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah :swt1: is:

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو مَعْمَرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَارِثِ، حَدَّثَنَا الْحُسَيْنُ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ بُرَيْدَةَ، عَنْ بُشَيْرِ بْنِ كَعْبٍ الْعَدَوِيِّ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي شَدَّادُ بْنُ أَوْسٍ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ سَيِّدُ الاِسْتِغْفَارِ أَنْ تَقُولَ اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي، لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ، خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ، وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ، أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ، أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَىَّ وَأَبُوءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي، فَاغْفِرْ لِي، فَإِنَّهُ لاَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ ‏"‏‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ وَمَنْ قَالَهَا مِنَ النَّهَارِ مُوقِنًا بِهَا، فَمَاتَ مِنْ يَوْمِهِ قَبْلَ أَنْ يُمْسِيَ، فَهُوَ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْجَنَّةِ، وَمَنْ قَالَهَا مِنَ اللَّيْلِ وَهْوَ مُوقِنٌ بِهَا، فَمَاتَ قَبْلَ أَنْ يُصْبِحَ، فَهْوَ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْجَنَّةِ ‏"‏‏.‏

Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 6306

Nitro Zeus
01-01-2019, 01:31 PM
The Prophet ‏:saws:‎ said:

"The most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah :swt1: is:

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو مَعْمَرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَارِثِ، حَدَّثَنَا الْحُسَيْنُ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ بُرَيْدَةَ، عَنْ بُشَيْرِ بْنِ كَعْبٍ الْعَدَوِيِّ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي شَدَّادُ بْنُ أَوْسٍ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ سَيِّدُ الاِسْتِغْفَارِ أَنْ تَقُولَ اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي، لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ، خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ، وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ، أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ، أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَىَّ وَأَبُوءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي، فَاغْفِرْ لِي، فَإِنَّهُ لاَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ ‏"‏‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ وَمَنْ قَالَهَا مِنَ النَّهَارِ مُوقِنًا بِهَا، فَمَاتَ مِنْ يَوْمِهِ قَبْلَ أَنْ يُمْسِيَ، فَهُوَ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْجَنَّةِ، وَمَنْ قَالَهَا مِنَ اللَّيْلِ وَهْوَ مُوقِنٌ بِهَا، فَمَاتَ قَبْلَ أَنْ يُصْبِحَ، فَهْوَ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْجَنَّةِ ‏"‏‏.‏

Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 6306
Can you please translate into english this Dua?

azc
01-03-2019, 11:43 AM
Aishah :RA: said: "Allah's Messenger :SAW: did not sit in a gathering,and did not recite the Qur'an, and did not perform any prayer without concluding by saying:

سُبْحَانَكَ اللّٰهُـمَّ وَبِحَمْدِكَ، أَشْهَـدُ أَنْ لاَّ إِلٰهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ أَسْتَغْفِرُكَ وَأَتُوْبُ إِلَيْكَ.

Transliteration: Subhaanaka Allaahumma wa bihamdika, ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illa Anta, astaghfiruka wa atoobu ilaika.

Translation: Glory is to You. O Allah :swt:, and praise is to You. I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but You. I seek Your forgiveness and repent to You.

[Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, Tirmidhi and Nasa'i-Sahih]

Nitro Zeus
01-03-2019, 12:53 PM
Aishah :RA: said: "Allah's Messenger :SAW: did not sit in a gathering,and did not recite the Qur'an, and did not perform any prayer without concluding by saying:

سُبْحَانَكَ اللّٰهُـمَّ وَبِحَمْدِكَ، أَشْهَـدُ أَنْ لاَّ إِلٰهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ أَسْتَغْفِرُكَ وَأَتُوْبُ إِلَيْكَ.

Transliteration: Subhaanaka Allaahumma wa bihamdika, ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illa Anta, astaghfiruka wa atoobu ilaika.

Translation: Glory is to You. O Allah :swt:, and praise is to You. I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but You. I seek Your forgiveness and repent to You.

[Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, Tirmidhi and Nasa'i-Sahih]
Thank you so much.
Is it ok if I recite a chapter from Quran in English instead of Arabic?

azc
01-03-2019, 01:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Thank you so much.
Is it ok if I recite a chapter from Quran in English instead of Arabic?
Of course, you can, but it's good if you recite in Arabic and read its translation simultaneously

Nitro Zeus
01-03-2019, 06:32 PM
Of course, you can, but it's good if you recite in Arabic and read its translation simultaneously
Ok, thanx.

Duas_Revival
01-03-2019, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Can you please translate into english this Dua?

Learn More: https://www.duasrevival.com/morning-...idul-istighfar

Please remember us in your Duas.

Jazakallahu Khair,
DR

Sayyidul Istighfar | Duas Revival | Mercy of Allah
The best supplication for seeking forgiveness is (Syed-ul- Istighfar)...

Nitro Zeus
01-03-2019, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Duas_Revival

Learn More: https://www.duasrevival.com/morning-...idul-istighfar

Please remember us in your Duas.

Jazakallahu Khair,
DR

Sayyidul Istighfar | Duas Revival | Mercy of Allah
The best supplication for seeking forgiveness is (Syed-ul- Istighfar)...
Ok, thanx. I wont forget yo'.

azc
01-05-2019, 02:36 AM
‘Allahumma Aati Nafsi Taqwaha
Wa Zakiha Anta Khairu man Zakaaha Anta waliyuha wa Maulaha’

‘O Allah give my heart its piety
And purify it, for you are the best who can purify it You are its protector and guardian’.

In order to gain forgiveness from Allah :swt:, you should frequently recite the following:-

Astaghfirullaha Rabbi min kulli zambin wa Atubu ilaihi.

‘I seek forgiveness from Allah, my Lord from every sin, and I repent unto Him.
https://islamqa.org/hanafi/darululoo...0%2C3317092230

MazharShafiq
01-06-2019, 05:48 PM

azc
01-11-2019, 11:49 AM
The Prophet Sulaiman عليه سلم prayed:

وَأَدْخِلْنِي بِرَحْمَتِكَ فِي عِبَادِكَ الصَّالِحِينَ
"..and admit me, by Your mercy, among Your righteous slaves." [27:19]

The Prophet Yusuf عليه سلم prayed:

Allah :swt: has taught us to pray that even the death comes among the righteous:

رَّبَّنَا إِنَّنَا سَمِعْنَا مُنَادِيًا يُنَادِي لِلْإِيمَانِ أَنْ آمِنُوا بِرَبِّكُمْ فَآمَنَّا ۚ رَبَّنَا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَكَفِّرْ عَنَّا سَيِّئَاتِنَا وَتَوَفَّنَا مَعَ الْأَبْرَارِ
"Our Lord, indeed we have heard a caller calling to faith, [saying], 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed. Our Lord, so forgive us our sins and remove from us our misdeeds and cause us to die with the righteous."
Holy Quran, 3:193

AhmedAbdulla
02-16-2019, 08:57 PM
Asalamualkium, I just finished researching and writing an article on this exact topic. There's 2 duas I came out with,

FIRST DUA:
Transliteration: Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un
Translation: We indeed belong to ALLAH, and we indeed toward Him are returning.

"The phrase is commonly recited by Muslims when a person experiences a tragedy in life, especially upon hearing news that a person has died. The phrase may also be recited in situations that involve risk of any sort."

SECOND DUA:
Anta tahadi min al-daula
English Translation: You Guide from the lost

One point I think it's important to highlight is the following excerpt from article:

There is no guarantee that Allah will grant us what we want. This is where the forum user was wrong. At the end of the day Allah alone knows what is best for us and we have to believe that He will give us the best. This may be a test to practice our patience.Sometimes we may not even understand the true impact of the situation. It could be a blessing in disguise, or a way for Allah to protect us from what we do not know.

The reason we feel hurt or pain is because we have attached meaning to these items. If you dropped a penny on the floor how much sleep would lose once you found it was lost? My guess would be not a lot. The reason why is because the penny has no significance or meaning to you. Since you have no emotional attachment you don't really thing twice about it. This is harder to do when it's an iPhone or even a $20 bill. But you have power in that you get to control the meaning you give to something.
The main problem here is hedonism (a person who believes that the pursuit of pleasure is the most important thing in life) we often get to attached to material items and get down when we lose them. Being able to deal with losing items can be a great reward since Muslims understand this life on earth is a test. I also highlight another practical technique that we can practice to detach ourselves from material items.

Let me know your thoughts on the subject, I find it really interesting.

https://myislam.org/dua-to-find-lost-items/

azc
04-17-2019, 01:15 AM
It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If a person who is afflicted by anxiety or sorrow says:

‘Allaahumma inni ‘abduka wa ibnu ‘abdika wa ibn ammatika naasiyati bi yadika maadin fiyya hukmuka ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw asta’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi ‘indaka an taj’al al-Qur’aana rabee’a qalbi wa noora sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi

(O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You with which You have named Yourself, or, or You have taught to any of Your creation, or You have revealed in Your Book, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the Unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety)’,

then Allaah :swt: will take away his anxiety and sorrow, and will replace it with joy.”
It was said: “O Messenger of Allaah :swt:, should we not learn it?” He said: “Yes, whoever hears it should learn it.”

Narrated by Ahmad; classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 199

azc
04-22-2019, 05:58 AM
When Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (radiyallahu’anhu) would be praised by others, he would recite this du’a:

اَللّهُمَّ أَنتَ أَعلَمُ مِنِّي بِنَفسِي وَأَنَا أَعلَمُ بِنَفسِي مِنهُم، اَللّهُمَّ اجعَلنِي خَيرًا مِّمَّا يَظُنُّونَ وَاغفِر لِي مَا لَا يَعلَمُونَ وَلَا تُؤَاخِذنِي بِمَا يَقُولُون

Allahumma anta a’lamu minni binafsi wa ana a’lamu binafsi minhum, Allahummaj ‘alni khayram mimma yazunnun, waghfirli ma la y’alamun, wala tua khidhni bima yaqulun.

O Allah, You Know me better than I know myself, and I know myself better than them.
O Allah, make me better than they think of me, and do not hold me responsible for what they say about me.

This du’a is recorded with a broken chain by Imam Ibnul Athir (rahimahullah).
(Usdul Ghabah, vol.3 pg.324)

See similar words reported from other earlier figures in Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah, Hadith: 36853, Shu’abul Iman, Hadith: 4533, 4534 & Fathul Bari, Hadith: 6061.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.