/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Self-reformation

azc
03-04-2018, 09:43 AM
“O you who believe, FEAR ALLAH and speak that which is straight (correct) (s33 : v70)

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) is reported to have said: Among the things that will throw people most into Jahannum will be the harvest of their tongue.” A Mu’min with Taqwa does not soil his tongue by uttering foul and putrid vulgar words. He also refrains from lying, backbiting, breaking hearts with sarcastic comments, mocking, etc.
He keeps his tongue clean… so that he can take the pure name of Allah Ta’ala with a clean tongue.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
03-04-2018, 10:15 AM
Umar Al Farooqرضي الله عنه. Said :
" Judge Yourselves before you yourselves are judged;and weigh yourselves before you yourselves are weighed in the balance. When you are brought to account tomorrow, it will be much easier for you if you have already brought your selves to account today-so do so, before you come to the final gathering "

azc
03-04-2018, 04:36 PM
If one’s feet slip, it can be extremely dangerous. One could lose one’s balance and fall. This could result in fractured bones, perhaps even a heart attack. Undoubtedly these are serious consequences. However, these effects of the slip of the feet can never compare to the harm that can ensue from the slip of the tongue. It can result in several people suffering a heart attack. When the tongue slips, it pierces hearts, breaks marriages, splits families, estranges bosom friends and results in a host of other social evils. The soft and fleshy tongue can cause a wound far worse than the wound of the hard teeth.

As a poet says: “The wound of the sword will heal - But the wound of the tongue will not.”

Once Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) was asked: “What is the path of salvation (from the fitna that is engulfing us from all directions)?” He replied: “Guard your tongue, let your house be sufficient for you and cry over your sins” (Mishkaat).

The tongue often slips when one gives advice to others. However, even when giving advice, kind words and a gentle approach should be adopted. When Allah Ta’ala sent Moosa and Haroon (alaihimas salaam) to Firoun, He gave them the following command: “And say to him (Firoun) soft words (20:44).”

There really cannot be any person today worse than Firoun, nor is anyone among us better than Moosa and Haroon (alaihimas salaam).

Harsh words often lead the opposite party to obstinancy. As a result, the faint hope of getting the person to understand the truth is also extinguished. When this pertains to the manner of talking to even the kuffaar under general conditions, how much more important it is that a fellow Muslim should be addressed in kind terms. Indeed at times to discipline a child or subordinate, a visible display of sternness has to be adopted. However, the general rule is to always adopt kind words even when reprimanding a person upon some wrong action.

Therefore, before uttering something, think about its consequences. Your words could fly like sharp arrows and cause irreparable harm.

cinnamonrolls1
03-05-2018, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the reminder

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
03-05-2018, 07:44 AM
Tafseer Al-Qurtubi states:

A man complained to Al-Hasan about a drought, and he said to him: "Pray to Allah for forgiveness."

Another man complained to him of poverty and he said to him: "Pray to Allah to forgive you."

Another man said to him: "Pray to Allah to bless me with a child." He said: "Pray to Allah for forgiveness."

Another complained to him that his garden was dry. He said to him: "Pray to Allah for forgiveness."

He was asked about it and he said:

"This is not my personal opinion, for Allah says in Surah Nooh (interpretation of the meaning):

'Ask forgiveness from your Lord, verily, He is Oft Forgiving; He will send rain to you in abundance. And give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers."

Tafseer Al-Qurtubi (18/301-302)

One of the narrators of a Hadith was asked about the manner in which forgiveness is to be sought, to which he answered:

"The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) used to say: 'Astaghfirullah! Astaghfirullah! (I beseech Allah for forgiveness, I beseech Allah for forgiveness)'. [Saheeh Muslim]

azc
03-05-2018, 12:48 PM
Maymun ibn Mihran (rahimahullah) said:

“A man will not attain true taqwa as long as he does not take reckoning of himself, and as long as he does not know the source of his food, drink and clothes.”

(Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah, Hadith: 36419 and Hilyatul Awliya, vol. 4 pg. 89. Also see: Musnadul Firdaws, Hadith: 8377)

azc
03-06-2018, 12:36 PM
Iblees complained that “it is because of Aadam (‘alaihis salaam) that I have been removed from paradise and have become accursed. Thus I will not slacken in my efforts to mislead the children of Aadam (‘alaihis salaam). I will try my best to involve them in sin until their very last breath.” Upon this Allah Ta‘ala declared: “I will give them the ability to repent.” Upon this Shaitaan exclaimed that all his efforts will then be destroyed. The servant will repent and his sins will be forgiven.

Thus it is a lifelong battle against Shaitaan. The person who becomes complacent over his nafs (base desire) is in a very big deception (and is heading for destruction), since being complacent and to drop one’s guard with regard to one’s enemy results in such disaster. As long as the help of Allah Ta‘ala is with us, everything will go well. I will make du‘aa for you and you make du‘aa for me as well. May Allah Ta‘ala safeguard us from all those actions that displease Him. (Maktoobaat faqihulummah vol. 1, pg. 97)

azc
03-06-2018, 04:20 PM
So long as a person regards himself unworthy of the favours he enjoys and recognizes the favours to be a sheer grace and bounty from the side of Allah Ta‘ala upon him, he will continue to receive from the favours of Allah Ta‘ala and he will not be deprived of the Divine Grace. However, as soon as he regards himself to be deserving of the favours of Allah Ta‘ala, then this will be regarded as ingratitude and ungratefulness. When one falls into ingratitude, the favours that he is enjoying will be snatched away from him. The outcome of ingratitude is extremely serious. (Malfoozaat Hakeemul Ummat 5/332)

azc
03-09-2018, 10:10 AM
“There are two aspects of the human — hiszaahir(outer-self) and baatin (inner-self). The islaah (reformation) of the zaahir as well as the baatin is necessary. There are many laws of the Shariah which pertain to the zaahir while many aspects pertain to the baatin.Salaah, Zakaah, Haj, etc. pertain to the zaahir. Likewise, to adopt humility and regard oneself as inferior to others, not to become jealous over the bounties that Allah Ta’ala has granted others, etc. pertain to the baatin. Just as it is compulsory to fulfil the laws pertaining to the zaahir,

similarly it is incumbent to fulfil the laws that relate to thebaatin. As for the aspects which pertain to the zaahir, every Muslim knows them and easily understands them. For example, every Muslim knows that he must perform his five daily salaah, fast in the month of Ramadaan, etc. However, as for those aspects that pertain to the baatin, neither are they visible nor can every person understand them. Furthermore, often one is in need of anAalimso that one may enquire from him the laws pertaining to the zaahir aspects. In this regard if one constantly refers to a specific Aalim for all one’s queries, it is much better. ...

Likewise, in order to reform one’s inner-self and to fully comply with and to practice upon all the laws that pertain to the baatin, it is necessary that one chooses a guide who is well-versed with these aspects. Thus one constantly refers to him and seeks his guidance. According to one’s temperament, etc. he will prescribe remedies for the problems one experiences in those aspects.

In the time of Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) theSahaaba (radhiallahu anhum) would refer all their matters (pertaining to the zaahir and baatin) directly to him. The same procedure continued in the time of the Khulafa-e-Raashideen (the four righteous khalifas), the Sahaaba (radhiallahu anhum) would refer all their matters to them. After the Sahaaba (radhiallahu anhum) the attention of the people began shifting more towards the worldly aspects. Hence in the time of theTaabieen andTab’ut-Taabieen (those who came after the Taabieen) many great sheikhs existed who codified all the aspects pertaining to the baatin. Many other books were thereafter compiled of the same nature such asIhya Ulumud Din,Risala Tasawwuf, etc. (Khulasa-e-Tasawwuf, pg.60)

muslim brother
03-09-2018, 02:25 PM
SELF IMPROVEMENT(TASAWWUF) AND CONNECTING WITH ALLAH TAALA

https://www.facebook.com/notes/ahmed...1971835619919/

- - - Updated - - -

SELF IMPROVEMENT(TASAWWUF) AND CONNECTING WITH ALLAH TAALA

https://www.facebook.com/notes/ahmed...1971835619919/

azc
03-09-2018, 07:06 PM
:jz: for sharing the link......

Perhaps you are adhered to any shaykh in tasawwuf..?

muslim brother
03-09-2018, 11:42 PM
jazakallah ,i do have a shaykh .

i just do private zikr at home,not collective in mosque.
aim is to remove all negative human traits and connect with allah.
its a simple formula for a very hard training on the nafs.

azc
03-10-2018, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED PATEL
jazakallah ,i do have a shaykh .

i just do private zikr at home,not collective in mosque.
aim is to remove all negative human traits and connect with allah.
its a simple formula for a very hard training on the nafs.
I'm not adhered to any shaykh though but I like to read malfuzat of different shaykhs.

Malfuzat hakimul ummah impressed me a lot.

As of now I'm reading 2 books fathur rabbani, a collection of malfuzat of sh abdul qadir jilani ra and sab'a sanabil of sh bilgirami ra.

One common thing I found is that a salik should keep his wudhu intact and pray tahajjud.

But literally, I'm weak in good deeds.

Anyways, whether or not I comply with what's written in such books though but hope is alive.

Wassalam

azc
03-13-2018, 04:02 AM
1.1 Distinct Muslim Personality

Islam advocates this etiquette and stresses it so as to perfect the Muslim personality and to bring about harmony among people. There is no doubt that embodying such manners and virtues enhances personal style and qualities, refines personality and brings us closer to the hearts and minds of others. The forthcoming manners and etiquette are central to Islam, its purposes and its aims. Calling it ‘etiquette’ by no means implies that it is marginal to life and social behaviour. It does not mean Muslims have the option of ignoring this code of behaviour, or that it is merely preferable to adhere to it.

In pointing out that manners rank higher than deeds, Imam Al-Qar�fi in his book Al-Furw’q said, ‘Learn that a little etiquette is better than a lot of good actions.’

Rw’aim, the righteous scholar, told his son, ‘Oh my son, make your deeds salt, and your manners flour.’ Many good manners with few good deeds are better than many good deeds with few good manners. Even if some of these rules appear to be simple common courtesy, it is important to highlight their significance. Many Muslims commit errors which blemish the Islamic personality, whose purpose is meant to be unique in its beauty, perfection and traits. Our master, the Messenger of Allah () directed the blessed companions by saying: ‘You are on your way to meet your brothers, put on a nice dress and fix your riding so you appear distinct among people as a fleck [on a beautiful face]. Allah does not like roughness nor rough manners.’

When the Prophet, peace be upon him, said: ‘No one will enter Paradise if they have at heart a grain of arrogance.’ A man asked: ‘A man may like his dress to be nice and his shoes nice.’ The Prophet answered ‘Allah is beautiful and likes beauty. Arrogance is to deny rights and look down at people.’

Shaikh Ibn Taimia said that the beauty that Allah likes include nice clothes. Hence it could be said that Allah likes all nice things. Therefore, a Muslim ought to be recognized by neat dress, cleanliness and graceful appearance.......

Continue...
http://haqislam.org/importance-of-appearance/

azc
03-14-2018, 05:25 PM
It is a fact, an inescapable reality is death. No matter what corner of the world one comes from, he or she knows the only thing as unavoidable as living is dying. One may delay preparing for it, or even be apathetic toward it, but one cannot deny it.

An Urdu poet once said, “The earth devoured even the most magnificent of skies.” Here, skies symbolically represent people whose reach was to the sky and beyond, or whose personality and influence was as encompassing as the sky, or whose wealth and power was vast like the sky.

Today these “skies” are six feet beneath the earth even though the sky is greater. Many have left nothing besides their names carved on their crumbling gravestones, or printed on decaying parchments covered with dust.

Unfortunately, we are so preoccupied with our work and ourselves that most often we forget Allah. But there is no good excuse for heedlessness and neglect. We should make it a habit to go regularly to the masjid and stay in the company of scholars and righteous Muslims. By doing so, our inner courage and determination to avoid sin will grow, and when death comes knocking on our doors, we will be prepared to accompany the Angel of Death. Then on the Day of Judgment, when Allah may say to us, “Enter among my (honored) slaves. And enter into My Garden” (Qur’an 89: 29–30), admitting us into His mercy and the spacious abode of Paradise.

Zzz_
03-14-2018, 11:31 PM
@ Sufees

azc
03-15-2018, 05:43 PM
Ibn al-Qayyim wrote a priceless book on patience called Uddatus-Saabirin wa Dhakhiratush-Shakirin, out of his humility, he said the following about it and himself:
“Despite that, this book is the effort of someone who lacks the means [i.e., lacks knowledge], the output of someone bankrupt, in which he warns others against the disease even though he is among the ranks of those who suffer from it, in which he has outlined the remedy even though, due to his injustice and ignorance, he didn’t have the forbearance to use it himself, but he hopes that, through this advice which he is imparting to His believing slaves, the Most Kind and the Most Merciful will forgive the way he has cheated himself.
And so whatever in this book is correct is from Allaah, Alone, for it is He who is the Commendable, the One who helps, and whatever mistakes are found in it are from its author and the devil …”

Uddatus-Saabirin, p. 11

azc
03-16-2018, 11:50 AM
It is necessary for man to be pleased and grateful to Allah Ta‘ala for whatever condition He has kept him in. This is called “radha bil qadha’ (being pleased with the decisions of Allah Ta‘ala). This is really the dictates of humility. It is necessary for a lover of Allah Ta‘ala to be pleased with whatever His beloved decides for him. Therefore, for one to be uncomfortable and troubled in any way is incorrect, especially when we believe that Allah Ta‘ala is our Rabb and the Rabb of the entire world. Whatever a Murabbi (Nurturer) does, he does it for our tarbiyah (nurturing) and for our goodness even though one undergoes some difficulty.

For this reason, you should not feel any difficulty or hardship especially when the hadeeth says “The Ambiyaa (‘alaihimus salaam) were the ones afflicted with the most amount of calamities, thereafter those who are closest to the Ambiyaa (‘alaihimus salaam).”

(Hadhrat Moulana Husain Ahmad Madani [rahmatullahi ‘alaih] pg. 296)

azc
03-17-2018, 02:50 AM
Imam Ahmad narrated that Umar Ibnul-Khattab (RadiyAllahu Anhu) said,

“Hold yourself accountable before you are held accountable and weigh your deeds before they are weighed for you on Judgment Day.”

Al-Hassan Al-Basri (Ra) says,

“A believer is fine as long as he keeps preaching himself and as long as he exerts an effort in holding himself accountable.”

Ibnul-Qayyim (Ra) said:

“Purifying the soul and cleansing it hinges on holding it accountable and this is the only way to do it… By holding it accountable we can realize its shortcomings and we can hence seek to fix them.”
https://archive.siasat.com/news/isla...ation-1145614/

azc
03-17-2018, 07:03 PM
Sh Ibn Taimiyyah ra said:

*Every Punishment from Him is pure justice and every blessing from Him is pure grace. [1]

*.Whoever desires everlasting bliss, let him adhere firmly to the threshold of servitude. [2]

*.The Lord is to be loved. [3]

*.Guidance is not attained except with knowledge and correct direction is not attained except with patience. [4]

*.In this world there is a paradise, whoever does not enter it will not enter the Paradise of the Hereafter. [5]

*.The one who is (truly) imprisoned is the one whose heart is imprisoned from Allah and the captivated one is the one whose desires have enslaved him. [6]

*.The whole religion revolves around knowing the truth and acting by it, and actions must be accompanied by patience. [7]

*.Worship is founded upon the Legal Law and following it, not upon ones basic desires and innovation. [8]

*.If you do not taste the sweetness of an action in your heart, suspect it, for the Lord, Exalted is He, is the Appreciative. [9]

*.The more the servant loves his Master, the less will he love other objects and they will decrease in number. The less the servant loves his Master, the more will he love other objects and they will increase in number. [10]

*.perpetually is the servant either the recipient of a blessing from Allah, in which case he is need of gratitude; or he is the perpetrator of a sin, in which case he is in need of repentance; he is always moving from one blessing to another and is always in need of repentance. [11]

*.Sins cause harm and repentance removes the cause. [12]

*.Bearing witness toTauhid opens the door of good and repentance from from sins closes the door of evil. [13]

*.The Jihad against the soul is the foundation for the jihad against the disbelievers and hypocrites. [14]

*.A man will never fear something besides Allah unless it be due to a disease in his heart. [15]

*.Trials and tribulation are like feeling the heat and cold, when one knows that they cannot be avoided, he will not feel anger at their onset, nor will he be distressed or disheartened. [16]

*.The perfection ofTauhid is found when there remains nothing in the heart except Allah, the servant is left loving those He loves and what He loves, hating those He hates and What He hates, showing allegiance to those He had allegiance to, showing enmity to those He shows enmity towards, ordering what He orders and prohibiting what He prohibits. [17]

*.In this world, man finds in the remembrance of Allah, praising Him and worshipping Him, a delight that is in comparable to anything else.[18]

*.The objective of asceticism is to leave all that harms the servants Hereafter and the objective of worship is to do all that will benefit his Hereafter. [19]

*.Sins are like chains and locks preventing their perpetrator from roaming the vast garden ofTauhidand reaping the fruits of righteous actions. [20]

*.What can my enemies do to me? I have in my breast both my heaven and my garden. If I travel they travel with me, never leaving leaving me. Imprisonment for me is a chance to be alone with my Lord. To be killed is martyrdom and to be exiled from my land is a spiritual journey. [21]
__________________________________________________ ________
footnotes

1. Majmoo’ al-Fatawa [10/85]
2. Ibn al-Qayyim, Madarij [1/153]
3. Majmoo’ al-Fatawa [1/54]
4. Majmoo’ al-Fatawa [10/40]
5. Ibn al-Qayyim, al-Wabil [page 69]
6. Ibn al-Qayyim, al-Wabil [page 69]
7. Majmoo’ al-Fatawa [10/38]
8. Majmoo’ al-Fatawa [1/80]
9. Ibn al-Qayyim, Madarij [2/68]
10. Majmoo’ al-Fatawa [1/94]
11. Majmoo’ al-Fatawa [10/88]
12. Majmoo’ al-Fatawa [10/255]
13. Majmoo’ al-Fatawa [10/256]
14. Ibn al-Qayyim, ar-rawdah [page 478]
15. al-Bazzar [page 74]
16. Ibn al-Qayyim, al-Madarij [3/289]
17. Ibn al-Qayyim, al-Madarij [3/485]
18. Minhaj as-Sunnah [5/389]
19. Majmoo’ al-Fatawa [14/458]
20. Majmoo’ al-Fatawa [14/49]
21. Ibn al-Qayyim, Wabil [page 69]

azc
03-22-2018, 09:40 AM
Saalim bin ‘Abdillah rahimahullah was the son of the illustrious Sahaabi, ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar radhiyallahu ‘anhuma. He was born during the khilaafah of ‘Uthmaan radhiyallahu ‘anhu and was a great Muhaddith and Mufti of Madeenah Munawwarah.

On one occasion, the ruler, Hishaam bin ‘Abdil Malik, entered the Ka’bah and met Saalim bin ‘Abdillah rahimahullah. Seeing this eminent personality, he immediately said, “Do you have any need that you wish to ask of me?” Saalim rahimahullah replied, “I am embarrassed to stand in the house of Allah Ta‘ala and place my needs before someone besides Him.”

Thereafter, when they had exited the Ka’bah, Hishaam said to Saalim rahimahullah, “You may now place your needs before me as we are no longer in the house of Allah Ta‘ala(.” In reply, Saalim rahimahullah asked, “Which needs should I place before you? My needs of this world or my needs of the Hereafter?” Hishaam replied, “Your needs of this world.”
Saalim rahimahullah responded, “By Allah! I have not placed my needs of this world before the One who owns this world, so how can I place my needs of this world before one who does not own this world?”

Siyaru Aa’laamin Nubalaa vol. 4 pg. 466

azc
03-22-2018, 10:55 AM
Hazrat Shaikh Moulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) once mentioned:

Sometimes, people go to extremes when praising people for their good or reproaching them for their mistakes. They either throw them up above the sky or push them down beneath the earth when praising them or reproaching them. This way is incorrect. We should refrain from exaggeration in speech. In the following Aayat, Allah Ta’ala commands us to adopt justice in our speech and actions at all times:

وَلَا يَجْرِمَنَّكُمْ شَنَآنُ قَوْمٍ عَلَىٰ أَلَّا تَعْدِلُوا ۚ اعْدِلُوا هُوَ أَقْرَبُ لِلتَّقْوَىٰ

The enmity of any people should not cause you to surpass the limits of justice. Remain just (at all times), that is closer to piety.

(Suhbat Baa Awliyaa pg. 106)

azc
03-24-2018, 05:32 PM
It is absolutely vital for one to constantly remain vigilant and cautious regarding his nafs. The nafs is such that if it finds the opportunity and the means to fulfil its desires, it will never rest until it gets what it wants. In fact, even those who have progressed sufficiently in the path of self reformation, it is nevertheless, dangerous for them as well to become complacent and relax their guard regarding the nafs. However, the difference with them is that due to their knowledge and experience in traversing the path of self reformation, it is not as difficult for them to bring their nafs under control at the time of danger. The condition of our nafs is like that of a stubborn horse. When it is let loose, it neither looks forward nor backward (as it is out of control and runs in any direction without thinking). In this state, the damage that the nafs can cause is so serious that we cannot truly comprehend it.
(Malfoozaat Hakeemul Ummat 8/50)

azc
03-27-2018, 05:48 AM
عن جندب بن عبد الله الأزدي رضي الله عنه صاحب النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم عن رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم قال مثل الذي يعلم الناس الخير وينسى نفسه كمثل السراج يضيء للناس ويحرق نفسه الحديث رواه الطبراني في الكبير وإسناده حسن إن شاء الله تعالى )الترغيب والترهيب 1/173(

Hazrat Jundub bin Abdillah (Radhiyallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “The example of the one who teaches people good deeds while he forgets himself (i.e. he does not practice on the good) is like a lamp which provides light for people while it burns itself.”

azc
03-28-2018, 09:19 AM
زر القبور تذكر بها الآخرة، واغسل الموتى، فإن معالجة جسد خاو موعظة بليغة، وصل على الجنائز لعل ذلك أن يحزنك، فإن الحزين في ظل الله يتعرض كل خير

Visit the graves, it will remind you of the Hereafter, give ghusl to the deceased, for touching a lifeless body is a profound lesson, read janazah Salah perhaps it will cause you to grieve and one who grieves will be under the shade of Allah receiving all good.

(Mustadrak Hakim, vol. 1 pg. 377 and vol. 4 pg. 330, Shu’abul Iman, Hadith: 8851)

azc
03-28-2018, 05:13 PM
Imaam Muzani (rahimahullah) mentions:

I went to visit Imaam Shaafi‘ee (rahimahullah) during his final illness. I said to him, “O Abu ‘Abdillah! How are you feeling this morning?” Imaam Shaafi‘ee (rahimahullah) raised his head and replied, “I have commenced the morning departing from the dunya, separating from my brothers and friends, going to receive the recompense of my actions, and proceeding to meet Allah Ta‘ala. I do not know whether my soul is going to Jannah so that I should congratulate it, or whether it is going to Jahannum so that I should console it.” Saying this, Imaam Shaafi‘ee (rahimahullah) began to cry.

(Siyar A’laam min Nubalaa 8/411)

azc
03-29-2018, 03:06 AM
Hazrat Abu Ja’far Balkhi (rahimahullah) mentioned the following:

I heard that if Imaam Abu Hanifah (rahimahullah) encountered difficulty in understanding any mas’alah and found the mas’alah to be complex and confusing, then he would address his students and say, “This difficulty can only be on account of a sin that I must have committed.” Imaam Abu Hanifah (rahimahullah) would thus engage in istighfaar (repenting to Allah Ta‘ala). Sometimes, Imaam Abu Hanifah (rahimahullah) would stand, make wudhu, perform two rakaats of salaah and thereafter repent to Allah Ta‘ala.

After making istighfaar, the mas’alah would become clear and Imaam Abu Hanifah (rahimahullah) would easily understand it. When this would happen, Imaam Abu Hanifah (rahimahullah) would become extremely pleased and would say, “I am happy as I have hope that my sin was forgiven due to which I was able to understand the mas’alah.”

When Hazrat Fudhail bin ‘Iyaadh (rahimahullah) (the student of Imaam Abu Hanifah (rahimahullah)) heard of this, he wept profusely and said, “May Allah Ta‘ala have mercy on Imaam Abu Hanifah (rahimahullah)! That he was able to perceive the blockage in his path was on account of his mistakes being so few! As far as other people are concerned, they do not perceive their blockage as their sins have overwhelmed them.”

(‘Uqood-ul-Jummaan pg. 228)

azc
03-29-2018, 11:28 AM
عن سهل بن سعد قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم لو كانت الدنيا تعدل عند الله جناح بعوضة ما سقى كافرا من شربة ماء )سنن الترمذي #2320(

Hazrat Sahl bin Sa’d (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) said, “If the dunya was equal to the wing of a mosquito in the sight of Allah Ta‘ala, then Allah Ta‘ala would not have given a kaafir a sip of water to drink.”

azc
03-30-2018, 04:47 AM
One should wear long sleeve kurtas. It is inappropriate for one to wear short-sleeve kurtas in public.

عن أسماء بنت يزيد بن السكن الأنصارية قالت كان كم يد رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم إلى الرسغ )سنن الترمذي #1765(

Hazrat Asmaa bint Yazeed (radhiyallahu ‘anha) reports, “The sleeves of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) would reach till the wrists.”

When wearing clothes, then one should commence wearing the clothing from the right side.

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه قال كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم إذا لبس قميصا بدأ بميامنيه )سنن الترمذي #1766(

Hazrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) reports that whenever Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) used to put on a kurta, he would commence wearing it from its right side.”

- - - Updated - - -

When removing clothes, then one should commence removing the clothing from the left side.

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم قال إذا انتعل أحدكم فليبدأ باليمين وإذا نزع فليبدأ بالشمال فلتكن اليمنى أولهما تنعل وآخرهما تنزع )سنن الترمذي #1779(

Hazrat Abu Hurairah (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) said, “When anyone of you puts on his shoes, then he should commence from the right foot, and when removing (his shoes), then he should commence from the left foot so that the right foot be the first in wearing and the last in removing.”

azc
04-01-2018, 09:41 AM
عن البراء قال كنا مع رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم في جنازة فجلس على شفير القبر فبكى حتى بل الثرى ثم قال يا إخواني لمثل هذا فأعدوا

Sayyiduna Al Bara ibn ‘Azib (radiyallahu ‘anhu) says, “We were once attending a janazah with Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) when he sat on the edge of the grave and cried so profusely that the sand became wet. Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) then said, ‘O my brothers, Prepare for this![by carrying out good deeds]’

(Targhib, vol. 4 pg. 240, Zawaid Ibn Majah, Hadith: 1419. Also see: Footnotes of Shaykh Muhammad ‘Awwamah on Musannaf, Hadith: 35472)

azc
04-03-2018, 07:04 PM
خذوا العطاء ما دام عطاء، فإذا صار رشوة في الدين فلا تأخذوه، ولستم بتاركيه، يمنعكم الفقر والحاجة، ألا إن رحى الإسلام دائرة، فدوروا مع الكتاب حيث دار، ألا إن الكتاب والسلطان سيفترقان، فلا تفارقوا الكتاب، ألا إنه سيكون عليكم أمراء يقضون لأنفسهم ما لا يقضون لكم، إن عصيتموهم قتلوكم، وإن أطعتموهم أضلوكم قالوا: يا رسول الله، كيف نصنع؟ قال: كما صنع أصحاب عيسى ابن مريم، نشروا بالمناشير، وحملوا على الخشب، موت في طاعة الله خير من حياة في معصية الله

Explanatory translation:

Accept gifts [from those in authority] as long as they remain gifts. Once they become bribes [to lure you in to following and supporting them] then do not accept it. However, you will be unable to turn it down due to extreme hunger and poverty. Certainly the mill of Islam is spinning so return and refer to the Quran. Soon the Quran and leadership will separate, you should not leave the Quran. Such leaders will be in power, who will pass judgments [which will benefit them] whereas they won’t pass such judgments in favour of you. If you disobey them, they will kill you and if you obey them they will misguide you.
They asked, ‘O Rasulullah! What should we do during these times’?
He replied, ‘Do just as the followers of ‘Isa ibn Maryam (‘alayhis salam) did, they were hacked with saws and loaded on to timber. A death due to the obedience of Allah Ta’ala is better than a life spent disobeying Allah Ta’ala.

(Refer: Faydul Qadir, Hadith: 4235 and At Tanwir of Amir San’ani, Hadith: 3877)

azc
04-04-2018, 08:30 AM
The Solution to Abstaining from Backbiting

Hazrat Moulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) once mentioned:

I received a letter from a person who wrote to me saying, “If you know any solution for saving oneself from gheebah (backbiting), then please share it with me, I will be grateful.” In reply, I wrote, “The solution is for you to always be conscious and aware that Allah Ta’ala is watching you and that He will take you to account for whatever you do. Similarly, you should endeavour to refrain from gheebah and all types of sins at all times.”

Hazrat Moulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) thereafter mentioned, “When it comes to practising on the commands of Shari’ah, then a person will not succeed to fulfil the command unless he has firm resolve and determination. Merely reciting some wazeefas will not be sufficient in reforming a person and bringing him onto the path of righteousness.”

(Malfoozaat Hakeemul Ummat 5/375)

azc
04-05-2018, 02:52 AM
There are numerous narrations which state that Nabi (sallalahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) would use his right limbs for putting on clothes and carrying out honourable things like eating, combing his hair, wudu etc. and his left limbs for removing his clothes and carrying out lowly, despicable things like istinja, entering the toilet etc.

(See Sahih Bukhari, Hadith: 168)

Based on these Hadiths, it is sunnah to do all honourable and respectful things with one’s right limbs and despicable things with one’s left limbs.

The ‘Ulama have recommended entering the home with the right foot and leaving the home with the left foot based on the above principle, although they don’t quote any clear hadith stating this.

(Fatawa Hadithiyyah of Ibn Hajar Al Haytami pg. 117 and Dalilul Falihin of Ibn ‘Allan, vol. 3 pg. 186)

azc
04-08-2018, 11:23 AM
Prophet Muhammad,Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, warned that a person having even an iota of it in his heart will never enter paradise. This deadliest of all sins iskibr, or arrogance.

No one likes arrogance — in others. We never like a person who is haughty, too proud, or condescending. We detest a person who belittles us and has a huge ego. Similarly we love people who are humble, polite, and easy to talk to.We love people who give us respect and honor. Thus if we follow the principle of treating others the way we like to be treated, most of these problems might be cured. In reality, the treatment ofummul-amradhrequires a deeper look.
For that we need to appreciate the difference betweenadabor manners, on the one hand and akhlaq or morals on the other. While adab deal with one’s external disposition, akhlaqas defined by Islam deal with our inner thoughts, feeling, and attitudes. In a healthy personality, the manners and morals are in harmony. But it is also possible to have the former without having the latter. The first concerns itself with how a person deals with others. The second is concerned with what a person thinks of himself. Two persons showing humbleness in their dealings with others, may have exactly opposite ideas in their minds. One may do it out of his or her “generosity”; the other may do it because he genuinely thinks that he is not better than the other person. The first person only has a shell of humbleness, which will crumble when tested. It is the second person who is really free of arrogance.

Real greatness belongs only to Allah, our Lord, Creator, and Master. Human beings are just a creation of Allah — and a very small creation in comparison to the unimaginably vast universe. Anyone who understands this will realize that our proper status is only that of servants of Allah. In fact for a Muslim the real human model is none other than Prophet Muhammad,Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, who is the greatest of all human beings. His greatness lies in being the humblest of all servants of Allah! It is impossible for any person who has this consciousness to entertain any notions of his own greatness.
This leads us to the definition of kibr, given in a famous hadith: “Kibr is to knowingly reject Truth and to belittle other people.” This hadith exposes two strains of this deadly disease, both dealing with our exaggerated ideas of self-importance. The first suggests that I am more important than the Truth. The second suggests that I am more important than other people.

We know about the Quraish and Jews of Arabia who had come in contact with Prophet Muhammad, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, and who knew in the heart of their hearts that he indeed was the Messenger of Allah. Their arrogance, though, kept them from accepting it. History has recorded statements from some of them who said we know he is the Promised Prophet but we will keep on opposing him to maintain our leadership.

While that was the most blatant form of arrogance, we can witness the same attitude on a smaller scale in our discussions and arguments. A person realizes that he was wrong, but then his pride keeps him from admitting it. No matter how polite or “humble” that person may appear to be ordinarily, this test shows the presence of arrogance in his heart. It is arrogance that keeps a person from saying “I am sorry.”
The second strain involves our feeling of superiority with respect to other people. Islam’s teaching is that one should never consider oneself greater than other people, because that Judgment will come from Allah, and Allah alone, on the Day of Judgment. None of us knows what our end will be, whether we will end up being a winner or loser over there. The person who appears to be nobody here may end up with eternal bliss because of his goodness that only Allah knew. The person who is a big shot here may end up among the sinners who will be punished there, because of his evil that only Allah knew. How foolish, it is then to congratulate ourselves over our fleeting “superiority”.
http://www.ilmgate.org/on-arrogance-...ority-complex/

azc
04-09-2018, 07:50 AM
Narrated Mu'awiyah ibn Jaydah al-Qushayri: The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) said:

“Woe to him who tells things, speaking falsely, to make people laugh thereby. Woe to him! Woe to him!”

(Abu Dawuud, Kitab al Adab, 4972)

azc
04-10-2018, 03:36 AM
“And whatever calamity befalls you, it is due to your own doings.” (Qur’an 42:30)

Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم explained the tafsīr of this verse to Hadrat Ali رضي الله عنه thus:

“O Ali! whatever calamity befalls you: illness, affliction or any worldly calamity, it is the earning of your own hands.”

Hadrat Hasan رضي الله عنه reports that Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

“By Him in whose control is my life! Any scratch, twitching of veins, slipping of the foot or a flying stone suddenly striking the body; all are due to the committing of sins.”

Hadrat Abu Musa رضي الله عنه reports that Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

“A wound or any slighter calamity is due to the commission of sins.”
Hadrat Imrān bin Husain رضي الله عنه once felt ill. People came to pay him a visit and expressed their condolences. He replied: “What is achieved by condolences? This is due to some sin I have committed.”

Hadrat Dahhak reports, “A person who forgets the Qur’an after learning it is due to committing sins.” Thereafter he recited this verse and said, “What could be a greater calamity than forgetting the Qur’an?”

Once Asmā bint Abi Bakr رضي الله عنه experienced a headache. She exclaimed, “This is due to my sins.”

(Durr al-Manthūr, Ibn Kathīr)

azc
04-10-2018, 06:46 AM
Sayyid Ahmad Shaheed (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) began ‘seeing’ certain supernatural visions on the nights of Lailatul Qadr and Lailatul Baraa-ah. He had seen the stars, the trees and the ocean prostrating. He related these experiences, to his Shaikh, Shah Abdul Azeez (rahmatullahi ‘alaih). Shah Abdul Azeez (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) advised him in the following manner,

“These are experiences which the children of the spiritual path experience.”

These conditions are not worth paying any due attention towards. The only real objective and goal in life, is to attain the pleasure of Allah Ta‘ala. If our intentions and methodology are correct then, insha-Allah, we will be successful. If our actions are in accordance to the sunnah and done solely for the pleasure of Allah Ta‘ala we will, insha-Allah, be successful.

( Discourses of Faqeeh-ul-Ummah Hazrat Mufti Mahmood Hasan Gangohi, vol. 1, pg. 111)

azc
04-10-2018, 08:58 AM
My beloved brothers! Earn a livelihood, as it is the command of Allah Ta’ala. However, do not allow your heart to be immersed and consumed by your involvement in earning a livelihood. Instead, your heart should rely on Allah Ta’ala and always be pleased with His taqdeer. In doing so, even if one’s salary is decreased, it will not cause one great anxiety and distress. Make it your habit to always turn to Allah Ta’ala in du’aa.

(Suhbat Baa Awliyaa pg. 154)

azc
04-11-2018, 10:47 AM
عن ابْن عَبَّاس رَضِي الله عَنْهُمَا أَن رَسُول الله صلى الله عَلَيْهِ وَسلم قَالَ كفى بك إِثْمًا أَن لَا تزَال مخاصما رَوَاهُ التّرمذي وَقَالَ حَدِيث غَرِيب )الترغيب والترهيب 1/183(

Hazrat ibn Abbaas (Radhiyallahu Anhuma) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “It is sufficient to cause you to become sinful that you constantly argue with others.”

popsthebuilder
04-11-2018, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
There are numerous narrations which state that Nabi (sallalahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) would use his right limbs for putting on clothes and carrying out honourable things like eating, combing his hair, wudu etc. and his left limbs for removing his clothes and carrying out lowly, despicable things like istinja, entering the toilet etc.

(See Sahih Bukhari, Hadith: 168)

Based on these Hadiths, it is sunnah to do all honourable and respectful things with one’s right limbs and despicable things with one’s left limbs.

The ‘Ulama have recommended entering the home with the right foot and leaving the home with the left foot based on the above principle, although they don’t quote any clear hadith stating this.

(Fatawa Hadithiyyah of Ibn Hajar Al Haytami pg. 117 and Dalilul Falihin of Ibn ‘Allan, vol. 3 pg. 186)
Seems to show a separation or duality in self.

We are called to cast off a limb that holds up love for earthly desires before or over GOD.

azc
04-11-2018, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder
Seems to show a separation or duality in self.

We are called to cast off a limb that holds up love for earthly desires before or over GOD.
will you elaborate please....?

popsthebuilder
04-11-2018, 03:29 PM
will you elaborate please....?
The right hand seems to be simbolism of justice and mercy through action. The right hand of GOD is righteous and the Christ sits on that hand metaphorically holding back the righteous judgent of GOD until the determined time.

Musa took up His staff in His right hand.

The actual reference I was making was one found in Quran and Bible; to give of what you love; to sacrifice knowing sin; to let your left hand know not what your right is doing. If your eye offends GOD then pluck it out by your own faithfulness to the will of GOD and genuine desire for that will to be done in one's own life.

I hope that helped some. I am sorry to be vague. I am at work and don't have much time to elaborate correctly or more thoroughly perhaps.

I will gladly respond more later upon further inquiry.

Thank you for posting those (Sunnah?)

they seem quite inspired, though I admittly generally stick to core sacred religious texts. Please excuse my ignorance and know that I have meant no offence if any has been inadvertently conveyed through my words.

peace.....thank you

azc
04-11-2018, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder
The right hand seems to be simbolism of justice and mercy through action. The right hand of GOD is righteous and the Christ sits on that hand metaphorically holding back the righteous judgent of GOD until the determined time.

Musa took up His staff in His right hand.

The actual reference I was making was one found in Quran and Bible; to give of what you love; to sacrifice knowing sin; to let your left hand know not what your right is doing. If your eye offends GOD then pluck it out by your own faithfulness to the will of GOD and genuine desire for that will to be done in one's own life.

I hope that helped some. I am sorry to be vague. I am at work and don't have much time to elaborate correctly or more thoroughly perhaps.

I will gladly respond more later upon further inquiry.

Thank you for posting those (Sunnah?)

they seem quite inspired, though I admittly generally stick to core sacred religious texts. Please excuse my ignorance and know that I have meant no offence if any has been inadvertently conveyed through my words.

peace.....thank you
Thanks for reply, bro

anthropomorphism and sitting of Hz Jesus (pbuh) is your creed...

Peace...!

azc
04-12-2018, 11:42 AM
Al-Adab is to be wary of the extremities of exaggeration (ghuluww) and neglect (jafâ’), realizing the harm of transgression.

This is one of the best definitions, for transgressing to either extremity is lack of adab. Al-Adab is to stand in between the two extremities, neither falling short of observing the limits of the shari¢ah to perfection, nor transgressing what have been their limits, for both acts are transgression and Allah loves not the transgressors [Sûrat Al-Baqarah, 2:190]. Hence, transgression is nothing but bad adab.

One of the salaf has said:

The religion of Allah is midway between the one who exaggerates in it and the one who neglects it.

The loss of adab by neglect is exemplified by someone who does not completely wash the limbs in ablution and fails to offer ṣalawât with the etiquette that the Messenger of Allah œ has established and practiced. The behaviors of this etiquette number to nearly a hundred, including obligatory and recommended elements.

* Madarij al salikin of sh ibn qayyim

azc
04-13-2018, 12:33 PM
عن ابْن عَبَّاس رَضِي الله عَنْهُمَا أَن رَسُول الله صلى الله عَلَيْهِ وَسلم قَالَ كفى بك إِثْمًا أَن لَا تزَال مخاصما رَوَاهُ التّرمذي وَقَالَ حَدِيث غَرِيب )الترغيب والترهيب 1/183(

Hazrat ibn Abbaas (Radhiyallahu Anhuma) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “It is sufficient to cause you to become sinful that you constantly argue with others.”

azc
04-14-2018, 04:19 AM
عن قتادة قال : قال النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم: إذا دخلتم بيتًا فسلموا على أهلِهِ فإذا خرجتم فأودعوا أهله بسلام )شعب الايمان للبيهقي رقم 8459(

Hadhrat Qataadah (Rahimahullah) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “When you enter a home, then make salaam to its inmates; and when you leave (the home), then leave your salaam as a trust with the people of the home (i.e. make salaam to the people when leaving).”

azc
04-15-2018, 08:10 AM
Sayyiduna Al Bara ibn ‘Azib (radiyallahu ‘anhu) says, “We were once attending a janazah with Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) when he sat on the edge of the grave and cried so profusely that the sand became wet. Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) then said, ‘O my brothers, Prepare for this![by carrying out good deeds]’

(Targhib, vol. 4 pg. 240, Zawaid Ibn Majah, Hadith: 1419. Also see: Footnotes of Shaykh Muhammad ‘Awwamah on Musannaf, Hadith: 35472)

azc
04-15-2018, 07:19 PM

If a person is swearing you and speaking ill of you behind your back, he is actually giving you his good deeds. If he does not have sufficient good deeds to give you, then he is taking your evil deeds onto his own head. A Hadith has also mentioned, “Whoever swears or hits someone, retribution will definitely be taken from him, to the extent that retribution will even be taken on behalf of the hornless goat (that was butted by a goat with horns).” (Suhbat Baa Awliyaa pg. 94)

azc
04-17-2018, 11:53 AM
Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

“He who leaves arguing/quarrelling while he is in the right, attains a house in the middle of Jannah”

(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 1993)

Abz2000
04-17-2018, 01:58 PM
Thanks for reply, bro

anthropomorphism and sitting of Hz Jesus (pbuh) is your creed...

Peace...!
Re. The "right hand of Allah" exists in the Quran, but it is also useful to take into account the following answer:

http://www.islamhelpline.net/node/783

Does Allah have hands,feet,eyes,shape ? - Encyclopedia of searchable Islamic Q & A - Islamhelpline
Does Allah have hands,feet,eyes,shape ? - Encyclopedia of searchable Islamic Questions & Answers - Islamhelpline...

azc
04-17-2018, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Re. The "right hand of Allah" exists in the Quran, but it is also useful to take into account the following answer:

http://www.islamhelpline.net/node/783

Does Allah have hands,feet,eyes,shape ? - Encyclopedia of searchable Islamic Q & A - Islamhelpline
Does Allah have hands,feet,eyes,shape ? - Encyclopedia of searchable Islamic Questions & Answers - Islamhelpline...
unapparent text should be accepted without defining the meaning or kaifiya.

azc
04-18-2018, 02:12 AM
Sayyiduna Miqdam ibn Ma’di Karib (radiyallahu ‘anhu) reports, I heard Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) say,

“Man does not fill a container more evil than his belly. It is sufficient for man to eat that amount which straightens his back [i.e. a few morsels to gain some energy]. If this is not possible then a third for food, a third for drink and a third for air”

(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 2380 and Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith: 3349)

azc
04-19-2018, 05:03 AM
Bara' (R.A.) said: "Once we went with Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) to attend the funeral and burial of a person. When we reached there, Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) sat by the side of a grave and wept so profusely that the ground became wet with his tears. He then said: "Prepare yourself for (your entry in) the grave."
(Targheeb)

azc
04-20-2018, 07:30 AM
لا يحقرن أحدكم شيئا من المعروف، وإن لم يجد فليلق أخاه بوجه طلق، وإن اشتريت لحما أو طبخت قدرا فأكثر مرقته واغرف لجارك منه

None of you should consider any good deed to be insignificant. If he has nothing [to give] then he should meet his brother with a smiling face. And if you buy some meat or cook something, then increase the gravy, and serve some of it to your neighbour.

(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 1833)

azc
04-22-2018, 03:05 AM
Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar (radiyallahu’anhuma) says, “Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

‘Verily, carrying tales, spreading rumors and bearing hate/malice will be in the fire of Jahannam. They cannot be gathered in a Muslim’s heart.’

(Al Mu’jamul Awsat, Hadith: 4650, Targhib, vol. 3 pg. 498 and Majma’uz Zawaid, vol. 1 pg. 102)

azc
04-22-2018, 06:01 AM
Insaan (the human being) is distinguished from all the other creations of Allah Ta‘ala by his tongue (the various forms of communication that lead to progress or retrogress). Hence, he should ensure that he utilizes this tongue in only good and righteousness. However, it sometimes happens that he utilizes his tongue in evil and wrong. Thus, just as a person can utilize his tongue correctly, by using it for the sake of Allah Ta‘ala and Deen, and excel even the angels in righteousness and virtue, he can similarly misuse and abuse his tongue due to which he stoops lower than even the swine, dog and other such filthy beasts.

The hadeeth mentions:

وهل يكب الناس في النار على وجوههم أو على مناخرهم إلا حصائد ألسنتهم )جامع الترمذي رقم 2616(

Is there anything that causes people to enter Jahannum, where they will fall on their faces into the fire, more than the harvest of their tongues? (i.e. the evil deeds that they earn through their tongues e.g. lying, slandering, backbiting, carrying tales, etc.)

(Malfoozaat Hazrat Moulana Muhammad Ilyaas (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) pg. 54)

azc
04-23-2018, 10:44 AM
‘Abdullah bin Mas‘ood (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) was once on the mountain of Safaa, reciting the talbiyah, when he said:

يَا لِسَانُ قُلْ خَيْرًا تَغْنَمْ ، أَوْ أَنْصِتْ تَسْلَمْ ، مِنْ قَبْلِ أَنْ تَنْدَمْ

O tongue! Speak that which is good and you will benefit, or remain silent and you will be safe. (Do this) before you regret.

Hearing this, those present asked ‘Abdullah bin Mas‘ood (radhiyallahu ‘anhu), “Is this your statement or did you hear it (from someone else)?” He replied, “I heard Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) say, “Indeed most of the sins of the son of Aadam (‘alaihis salaam) are due to his tongue.”

(Kitaabus Samt wa Aadaabil Lisaan #18)

azc
04-23-2018, 06:21 PM
Qaadhi Abu Bakr Muhammad bin ‘Abdil Baaqi bin Muhammed Al-Bazzaaz Al-Ansaari (rahimahullah) (d. 535 A.H.) gives the following account of his life:

I was a student in Makkah Mukarramah. One day, I was hungry and could not find anything to stave off my hunger. On my way home, I found a small velvet pouch neatly tied with a tassel of silk. I picked it up and returned home with it. Upon opening it, I found a beautiful pearl necklace, the like of which I had never seen before.

I later went out and saw an old man with five hundred dinaars in a cloth, crying out loudly, “This is the reward for the one who returns to me a pouch containing a pearl necklace!” I thought to myself, “I am in need and extremely hungry. I can benefit from this reward by returning the purse to the old man.” I thus approached him and said, “Come with me” after which I led him to my home. On arriving at my home, he gave me the complete description of the pouch and tassel, the pearls, the number of beads in the necklace and the cord with which they were strung. Having ascertained that the pearl necklace belonged to him, I took out the pouch and handed it to him, to which he promptly presented me with the reward of five hundred dinars.

Seeing the reward, however, I refused to accept it saying, “It was a necessary duty for me to return the pouch to you without any reward.” The man continued to insist that I take the reward but as much as he insisted, I continued to refuse.

After some time, I left Makkah Mukarramah and travelled by sea. The ship carrying us was wrecked and all the passengers drowned. I managed to hold onto a piece of floating wreckage and thus continued to float in the ocean, not knowing where I was destined to reach. Eventually, I drifted to an island which was inhabited by Muslims. I went to one of their musjids and began to recite the Quraan Majeed. When the people of the island heard me recite, every single one of them came to me and requested that I teach them to recite the Quraan Majeed correctly. I thus commenced teaching them and was well remunerated for my services.

One day, I noticed a few pages of a Quraan Majeed in the musjid and picked them up in order to recite. When the people saw me, they asked if I could write. I replied in the affirmative to which they requested that I teach them. Soon many of them brought their children along so that I could teach them as well. This occupation made me completely independent.

After some time, they requested that I marry a wealthy orphan girl from among them. I refused but eventually, on their insistence, I agreed to marry the girl. After the nikaah was performed, the girl was brought to me. On seeing her, I began to stare at her necklace as it was the very same necklace that I had found many years ago! The people said to me, “O Shaikh! You will break the heart of this girl by staring at her necklace instead of looking at her!”

I therefore narrated the incident of the necklace to them and they all began to spontaneously shout, “Allahu Akbar! Alhamdulillah!” I asked them what the matter was to which they replied, “The man who had taken the necklace from you was the father of this girl and used to say regarding you, ‘I never met a more truthful Muslim. May Allah Ta‘ala bring him to us so that I may marry him to my daughter.’ This du‘aa of his has now been fulfilled.”

I lived with my wife and was blessed with two sons from her. She finally passed away and I, together with my two sons, inherited her necklace. Later, my two sons also passed away and I became the sole owner of the necklace. I eventually sold it for one hundred thousand dinars.

(Az-Zail ‘Alaa Tabaqaatil Hanaabilah, vol. 1 pg. 443)

azc
04-24-2018, 04:32 PM
The blessed speech of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) is a miracle, with his every statement brimming with wisdom and meaning. From the treasure of hadeeth, just one example of the profound speech of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) is when he said,
“He who is silent is safe.” (Sunan Tirmizi #2501)

If we ponder, we will realize that the majority of our quarrels, arguments, fall-outs with friends and problems in general were linked to the misuse of the tongue. Often, a statement is made in innocence and no harm is meant, yet the words are received badly, causing great offence and pain. We thus realize that‘I did not mean to hurt’is not enough. Rather, we should ask ourselves ‘did I mean not to hurt’?

Hasan (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) has mentioned that people would say,

“The tongue of a wise person is behind his heart. When he intends to speak, he first turns to his heart. If the statement is to his benefit, he utters it, and if it is to his detriment, he abstains from saying it. On the contrary, the heart of a fool is on his tongue and hence he cannot consult his tongue before speaking. He thus utters whatever comes into his mind.”

(Kitaabus Samt wa Aadaabil Lisaan #424)

The people of the past truly understood the importance of gaining control of the tongue and thus disciplined themselves until their tongues were subjugated. In this regard, Artaat bin Munzir (rahimahullah) once recounted the incident of a man who controlled his tongue for forty years by keeping a stone in his mouth. The result of this exercise was that he was unable to eat, drink or speak without first removing the stone. Hence, he was unable to blurt out whatever crossed his mind on the spur of the moment. He would only remove the stone for the purpose of eating, drinking and when he needed to sleep. We can well imagine the safety from the harms of careless speech that this man enjoyed!

(Kitaabus Samt wa Aadaabil Lisaan #437)

Every night, before retiring to bed, we should set aside a few minutes to engage in introspection. Let us ponder over our speech for the day and see if it has improved from the previous day. If we hurt any person, we should seek their forgiveness and make amends. The effort to restrain the tongue is an ongoing one that will only end when we are lowered into our graves. At no point in time can we become complacent and turn a blind eye, as the tongue is quick to strike.

‘Abdullah bin Mas‘ood (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) was once on the mountain of Safaa, reciting the talbiyah, when he said:

يَا لِسَانُ قُلْ خَيْرًا تَغْنَمْ ، أَوْ أَنْصِتْ تَسْلَمْ ، مِنْ قَبْلِ أَنْ تَنْدَمْ

O tongue! Speak that which is good and you will benefit, or remain silent and you will be safe. (Do this) before you regret.
Hearing this, those present asked ‘Abdullah bin Mas‘ood (radhiyallahu ‘anhu), “Is this your statement or did you hear it (from someone else)?” He replied, “I heard Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) say, “Indeed most of the sins of the son of Aadam (‘alaihis salaam) are due to his tongue.”

(Kitaabus Samt wa Aadaabil Lisaan #18)

azc
04-25-2018, 01:06 PM
‘Abdullah Ibn ‘Urwah ibn Zubayr said: “I asked my grandmother Asma (radiyallahu ‘anha), ‘What was the condition of the Sahabah when they would hear Quran? She replied, ‘Their eyes teared and their skins trembled just as Allah has described them [in the Quran]'”

(Sunan Sa’id ibn Mansur, Hadith: 95, Shu’abul Iman, Hadith: 1900. Also see: Tafsir Baghawi; Ma’alimut Tanzil and Ad Durrul Manthur, Surah Zumar, Verse: 23)

azc
04-25-2018, 05:34 PM
‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar (radhiyallahu ‘anhuma) was once performing tawaaf when he saw a man from Yemen who was carrying his mother on his back in tawaaf. As the man carried her, he was uttering the following words of poetry:

I am her subservient camel
Although her conveyance may frighten and worry her, I will never cause her concern
Though I am carrying her (on my back), the period for which she carried me (in her womb) was longer

The man thereafter turned to Ibnu ‘Umar (radhiyallahu ‘anhuma) and asked, “Have I fulfilled the right of my mother (by carrying her in tawaaf)?” Ibnu ‘Umar (radhiyallahu ‘anhuma) replied, “No! In fact, you have not even repaid her for one gasp she emitted (due to the pain of labor).”
(Shu‘abul Imaan #7550)

The son of Husain (radhiyallahu ‘anhu), ‘Ali bin Husain (rahimahullah), who was also known as Zainul ‘Aabideen (rahimahullah), was once asked, “You are a person who always ensures that he is obedient to his parents. Why is it that you then refrain from eating out of one utensil with your mother?” Zainul ‘Aabideen (rahimahullah) replied, “I fear that my hand will reach for a morsel of food whereas my mother’s gaze may have fallen on it and she may have wished it for herself. If I have to take a morsel which my mother wished for herself, I will be regarded as a disobedient son.”

(‘Uyoonul Akhbaar vol. 3 pg. 97)

azc
04-26-2018, 02:09 AM
We should, at all times, remember that our life is coming to an end. We have also heard our elders say that a person should take stock of his life when going to sleep. He should ponder and reflect over the number of things he will be able to take with him when he passes away and the number of things he will be forced to leave behind. Constantly remember death! Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) is reported to have said in the mubaarak hadeeth, “Remember the thing which severs all pleasures of life, death.” Once a janaazah was passing by when somebody asked a pious person present, “Whose janaazah is this?” The pious person replied, “It is your janaazah.” When the person expressed surprise at this answer, the pious person said, “If it is not yours, then regard it to be mine.” (Merely being concerned about whose janaazah it is, is insufficient. What matters is whether one is prepared for that moment to be the moment of one’s own janaazah.)

(Suhbate ba Awliyaa’ page.152)

azc
04-29-2018, 02:21 AM
Abu Abdillah Al Jadali reports, I asked Sayyidah ‘Aaishah (radiyallahu ‘anha) about the character of the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).
‘Aaishah (radiyallahu ‘anha) said,

“The Prophet was not indecent, he was not obscene, he would not shout in the markets, and he would not respond to an evil deed with an evil deed, but rather he would pardon and overlook.”

(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 2016)

azc
05-02-2018, 03:14 AM
Sometimes, people go to extremes when praising people for their good or reproaching them for their mistakes. They either raise them up above the sky or push them down beneath the earth when praising them or reproaching them. This way is incorrect. We should refrain from exaggeration in speech. In the following aayah, Allah Ta‘ala commands us to adopt justice in our speech and actions at all times:

وَلَا يَجْرِمَنَّكُمْ شَنَآنُ قَوْمٍ عَلَىٰ أَلَّا تَعْدِلُوا ۚ اعْدِلُوا هُوَ أَقْرَبُ لِلتَّقْوَىٰ

The enmity of any people should not cause you to surpass the limits of justice. Remain just (at all times), that is closer to piety.

(Suhbat Baa Awliyaa pg. 106)

azc
05-02-2018, 05:38 AM
There are many men and women who suffer from the bad habit of sometimes cursing their children, etc, out of anger and grief. Remember that in the court of Allah Ta‘ala there are certain moments of acceptance during which all du‘aas are answered. Hence, at times due to foolishness and stupidity, the children are cursed out of anger, and when the effect of that curse comes upon the children and lands them into a calamity, the parents go around crying, not even realizing that they themselves had asked for this calamity through their curse.

Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) has prohibited us from cursing ourselves, our children, wealth, servants, etc, as it is possible that this curse will coincide with a moment of acceptance. One should exercise even more care in the month of Ramadhaan as the entire month is a period in which du‘aas are accepted. It is thus extremely important to avoid cursing in this month.

(Fazaail-e-A’amaal [urdu], Fazaail-e-Ramadhaan pg. 22)

azc
05-26-2018, 02:44 PM
THE calico-covered corpse is gently lowered into the grave. Loving hands of sons and brothers receive the body of their loved one and place it in the narrow pit. The strips of plank are placed firmly next to each other. The last plank is placed leaving a dark and lonely grave under it. Spades are grabbed and heaps of sand come crashing down from all directions. However, all around the grave, business goes on as usual.

While the most stark reminder of death is right in front of the eyes, the latest car on the market, the rand/dollar exchange and other gossip continues among many of those present . While they patiently wait for the ' fatihah' to commence, the time is passed by idle gossip. Carrying the janaza on our shoulders and witnessing the deceased being lowered into the grave also does not remind us of our own death. What then will remind us of that moment (which could be extremely soon) when we will breathe our last?

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) is reported to have said: "Remember excessively that which severs all pleasures — DEATH." The best reminder of death is the graveyard itself. Hence Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) has greatly encouraged that one should regularly visit the graveyard. While this Sunnah of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) is unfortunately rarely practised, at least we get an opportunity to visit the graveyard when attending a funeral. However , this occasion of remembering death is also wasted gossiping .

The condition of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) when attending a funeral is clearly described in the following Hadith of Bara' (R.A.). He says: "Once we went with Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) to attend the funeral and burial of a person. When we reached there, Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) sat by the side of a grave and wept so profusely that the ground became wet with his tears. He then said: "Prepare yourself for (your entry in) the grave." (Targheeb)

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) has also instructed us as to what we should be doing when attending a janazah. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) once said to the Sahaba (R.A.) when they had buried a person: "Seek forgiveness for your brother and beseech Allah Ta'ala to keep him firm for verily he will be questioned now" (Mishkaat p.26)

Thus the rare occasions when we visit the graveyard should serve as a reminder of our own death. Those few moments among the graves should not be wasted in idle gossip and worldly talk. While the burial is in progress, one should engage oneself in silently reciting whatever one is able to of the Qur'an with the intention of passing the rewards to the deceased. This would be of immense benefit to oneself as well as the deceased. May Allah Ta'ala enable us to remember our death often, especially while in the graveyard. Aameen.
http://alhaadi.org.za/articles-publi...the-grave.html

- - - Updated - - -

THE calico-covered corpse is gently lowered into the grave. Loving hands of sons and brothers receive the body of their loved one and place it in the narrow pit. The strips of plank are placed firmly next to each other. The last plank is placed leaving a dark and lonely grave under it. Spades are grabbed and heaps of sand come crashing down from all directions. However, all around the grave, business goes on as usual.

While the most stark reminder of death is right in front of the eyes, the latest car on the market, the rand/dollar exchange and other gossip continues among many of those present . While they patiently wait for the ' fatihah' to commence, the time is passed by idle gossip. Carrying the janaza on our shoulders and witnessing the deceased being lowered into the grave also does not remind us of our own death. What then will remind us of that moment (which could be extremely soon) when we will breathe our last?

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) is reported to have said: "Remember excessively that which severs all pleasures — DEATH." The best reminder of death is the graveyard itself. Hence Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) has greatly encouraged that one should regularly visit the graveyard. While this Sunnah of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) is unfortunately rarely practised, at least we get an opportunity to visit the graveyard when attending a funeral. However , this occasion of remembering death is also wasted gossiping .

The condition of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) when attending a funeral is clearly described in the following Hadith of Bara' (R.A.). He says: "Once we went with Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) to attend the funeral and burial of a person. When we reached there, Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) sat by the side of a grave and wept so profusely that the ground became wet with his tears. He then said: "Prepare yourself for (your entry in) the grave." (Targheeb)

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) has also instructed us as to what we should be doing when attending a janazah. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) once said to the Sahaba (R.A.) when they had buried a person: "Seek forgiveness for your brother and beseech Allah Ta'ala to keep him firm for verily he will be questioned now" (Mishkaat p.26)

Thus the rare occasions when we visit the graveyard should serve as a reminder of our own death. Those few moments among the graves should not be wasted in idle gossip and worldly talk. While the burial is in progress, one should engage oneself in silently reciting whatever one is able to of the Qur'an with the intention of passing the rewards to the deceased. This would be of immense benefit to oneself as well as the deceased. May Allah Ta'ala enable us to remember our death often, especially while in the graveyard. Aameen.
http://alhaadi.org.za/articles-publi...the-grave.html

azc
05-29-2018, 01:21 PM
Assalaamu ‘alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

Respected Moulana

Please advise me as to what is the best method of removing malice and jealousy from my heart, and how do I create humility within myself?

Jazakallah

Was-Salaam

Reply:

Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem

Brother / Sister in Islam

Wa ‘alaikumus salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

1. Masha-Allah, your concern for your reformation and the effort being made towards having a clean heart is very admirable. It is mentioned in a hadeeth that keeping the heart clean, from harbouring any malice, is from the blessed sunnah, and a means of being with Rasulullah (sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam) in Jannah. (Sunan Tirmizi #2678)

A Sahaabi (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) was given the glad-tidings of Jannah on the basis of having such a pure heart, wherein no ill-feelings were harboured towards any Muslim and no jealousy was accommodated, regarding any favour that Allah Ta‘ala had blessed anyone with. (Musnad Ahmad #12697)

2. Commonly, where there is jealousy, then hatred and malice will be found, as well as backbiting and desiring evil for others; all of which are grave spiritual ailments of the heart and cause immense destruction to one’s imaan and Deen, and deprive us of the mercy of Allah Ta‘ala.
We should bear in mind that Allah Ta‘ala is the Distributor of all bounties and He gives to whomsoever He wills. He does so with great wisdom and mercy, which we cannot fathom with our limited intelligence. Jealousy is objection, discontent and dissatisfaction with the decisions of Allah Ta‘ala. The one who is jealous has to contend with the most harm since his life becomes miserable and suffocating, and his own good deeds are destroyed.

The ahaadeeth present easy prescriptions to rectify and purify one’s heart from these ailments:

a. Make salaam and musafahah.

b. Make du‘aa for the person. Making du‘aa will create within the heart the qualities of love and well-wishing.

c. Give a gift.

d. Be conscious of Allah Ta‘ala. Remind yourself: Allah Ta‘ala is aware of and seeing the malice and jealousy in my heart. Insha-Allah, this will create a sense of shame in the heart and prompt towards taubah and du‘aa.

e. Frequently read this du‘aa:
رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لَنَا وَلِإِخْوَانِنَا الَّذِينَ سَبَقُونَا بِالْإِيمَانِ وَلَا تَجْعَلْ فِي قُلُوبِنَا غِلًّا لِّلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ رَءُوفٌ رَّحِيمٌ

“Rabbanagh fir-lana wa-li ikhwaaninal lazeena sabaqoona bil Imaan, wala taj‘al fee quloobina ghillal lillazeena aamanu Rabbana innaka Ra-oofur Raheem.”(Surah Hashr v10)

3. Look at those who have less than you; those who are in want and dire need. Look at what Allah Ta‘ala has given you. There are so many bounties that we enjoy – spiritual, physical and material blessings – that cannot be counted. So increase shukr over the bounties and make taubah over sins.

4. Pondering over the greatness of Allah Ta‘ala engenders the quality of humility. Figuratively speaking, if a little candle flame brags and boasts before the bright, shining sun: “I am very bright and I have a lot of light!” the sun will say: “How foolish you are! What does your brightness offer in this brightness of mine!” When we consider the ‘azmat and greatness of Allah Ta‘ala, our true state and insignificance becomes evident to us. We realise that there is no bounty except that it is from Allah Ta‘ala; it is not our achievement and should thus not make us exultant, proud and arrogant. With recognition (ma’rifah), humbleness will follow.
Allah Ta‘ala bless us all with pure hearts and the reality of humility and submission.

Was salaamu ‘alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

Yunus Patel (Moulana)
http://uswatulmuslimah.co.za/womens-...nd-hatred.html

azc
06-05-2018, 11:13 PM
Hazrat Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Daamat Barakaatuhu) mentioned:

The purpose of going for a bayaan is not for excitement, but the thing to see is what you gained from it. The idea is that when you come out from a program there must be determination to change one’s life, a feeling of remorse over the wrongs one had committed, and the realization that one needs to correct oneself. This type of introspection over one’s deeds and looking for a way to correct oneself is called tafaqqud. One is tafaqqud over others (i.e. inspecting other people’s actions and lives) and one is tafaqqud within one’s own self. Are you inspecting and observing yourself or not? This was the general trend in the past. When they found that there was something short in their aspirations then they would inspect their own deeds. We need to think to ourselves that why do we not find a consistent pattern in our deen, why are we going up and then dipping? Similarly why are feelings and thoughts of jealousy and pride overcoming me?
http://ihyaauddeen.co.za/?p=8466

azc
07-17-2018, 01:30 PM

I received a letter from a person who wrote to me saying, “If you know any solution for saving oneself from gheebah (backbiting), then please share it with me, I will be grateful.” In reply, I wrote, “The solution is for you to always be conscious and aware that Allah Ta‘ala is watching you and that He will take you to account for whatever you do. Similarly, you should endeavour to refrain from gheebah and all types of sins at all times.”

Hazrat Moulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) thereafter mentioned, “When it comes to practising on the commands of sharee‘ah, then a person will not succeed to fulfil the command unless he has firm resolve and determination. Merely reciting some wazeefahs will not be sufficient in reforming a person and bringing him onto the path of righteousness.”

(Malfoozaat Hakeemul Ummat 5/375)

azc
07-18-2018, 01:00 PM
Umar b. Al-Khattāb once entered upon Abū Bakr – Allāh be pleased with them both – and found him pulling at his tongue. He said, “Oh, what are you doing?” Abū Bakr replied, “It is this (i.e my speech) that has brought me so much trouble.”

Mālik, Al-Muatta 2:988

azc
07-22-2018, 04:56 AM
*O you who are in the company of their worldly goods and great expectations! The appointed times of death will soon come and separate you from your hopes. Hurry up before the arrival of these appointed times. Look at sudden death. Death is not necessarily preceded by an illness. Iblīs is your enemy so do not heed to his advice. Do not trust him for he is not trustworthy. Beware of him. He wants you to die while you are standing on the foot of heedlessness, disobedience, and disbelief. Do not be forgetful of your enemy for his sword will not be prevented from hitting the truthful person or the disbeliever. Only a few individuals escape it. He removed your father Adam and your mother Eve (prayer and peace be on our Prophet and on them) from Paradise and he works diligently to prevent you from entering it. He urges you to commit disobedience, sins, disbelief, and noncompliance. All acts of disobedience are attributed to him, after Allah’s decree and His destiny. All creatures are subject to affliction except Allah’s sincere servants who have realized their servanthood to Him (mighty and glorified is He), so he has no authority over them. At times, he can cause them some harm, for when it is time for a decreed matter to take place, the eye becomes blind. His effect on them touches only the body, not the heart or the innermost being; only matters relating to this world, not matters pertaining to the hereafter; only matters relating to the creatures, not matters related to the Creator (mighty and glorified is He). He approaches the creatures mainly through the attachment to this world and the lower self. Seeking this world is a burning fire.

O young men, occupy yourselves with what concerns and is good for you. Preparing for what follows death is of concern to you, striving against your lower self is of concern to you, paying attention to your faults is of concern to you, but attending to the faults of other people is of no concern for you. Remember death and work in preparation for what is after it, for the Prophet (Allah’s prayer and peace be on him) has said: “The intelligent person is one who calls himself to account and works in preparation for what follows death, whereas the incompetent person is one who lets his lower self follow its passion, yet still wishes for forgiveness from Allah.”
http://www.quranicstudies.com/purifi...he-mind/death/

azc
09-30-2018, 04:59 AM
The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “What have I to do with this world? As regards this world, I am like a rider who rests under the shade of a tree, and then continues his journey and leaves it.” [Tirmidhi; Kitab az-Zuhud]

This is what the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said in response when Umar (radi Allahu anhu) expressed his dismay on seeing the marks left on the Prophet’s skin from not having a decent mattress to sleep on! It is not that the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) did not let his need be known; rather, he didn’t consider it to be a need at all! What need does a rider have of a mattress if he is only resting for a short while under the shade of a tree?

Life is nothing other than a road
that leads to the Garden,
or to the Fire.
Its nights are a man’s workshop,
and its days are his market place.

Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) says: “Know that the life of this world is only playing about and idle talk and showing off and boasting amongst yourselves, and competing in wealth and children. It is like a crop after rain whose growth pleases the farmer – but then it dries up, and you see it turn yellow, and then it becomes straw.” [Quran: Surah al-Hadeed, Ayat 20]

PikaPika
09-30-2018, 06:13 AM
JAZAKILLAH hu khairan ...

azc
09-30-2018, 12:02 PM
The Prophet of Allah, Muhammad (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam), said: “Be in this life as if you were a stranger or a traveler.” [Bukhari]

A traveler does not waste time in games and diversions; he travels light, with only a fraction of what settled people use; and he doesn’t stop at every eatery along the way, but only when necessary. This is because he cares most about reaching his destination safely and knows the difference between the route and the destination.

The sons of Adam are divided into two types: The first type denies the existence of an abode which awaits Allah’s servants after this life is over, where reward and punishment are experienced. Such people have only one concern, which is to enjoy life and pursue all its pleasures – and the Exalted says: “And those who reject take it easy and eat like cattle eat – and the Fire will be their abode.” [Quran: Surah Muhammad, Ayat 12]

The second type are those who accept that there is an abode after death, where there is both reward and punishment. These are the ones who follow the Messengers. They fall into three categories:

First, those who are unjust to themselves form the majority. Most of them are content with the blossoms of this life and its pleasures, helping themselves to them and using them in ways which Allah has not commanded. The world appears to them to be their greatest concern, and with it they are satisfied; they only love and hate for its sake.

These are the people who play about and chatter and are diverted by the attractions of this world. Although they may believe in the Akhira in a general way, they have not discovered what this life is meant for, nor are they aware that it is only a stopping place where provisions for the final journey can be acquired.

Second, those who are mean to themselves are those who take what is permitted from this world and fulfill their duties in it, but who then pursue what lies beyond these duties for the sake of their own pleasure and in order to enjoy the delights of this world. Such people will not be punished for doing so, but their pleasure seeking will result in their rank being diminished.

Umar ibn al-Khattab (radi Allahu anhu) said: “If it had not been for the fact that my station in the Garden might be diminished, I would have imitated you in your life of ease; but Allah has warned some people by saying, ‘You squandered the good things that you had in the life of the world, and you sought contentment in them.’ [Quran: Surah al-Ahqaf, Ayat 20]

Third, those who are swift in doing good deeds are the ones who understand what the world is meant for, and they act accordingly. They know that Allah has only put His servants in this world in order to see which of them have the best actions. “Surely We have put what is on the earth as a glittering show so that We may test them, as to which of them have the best actions.” [Quran: Surah al-Kahf, Ayat 7]

This means that Allah has put what is on the earth in order to test us, to see who is going to avoid the pleasures of this world and look for success in the next world, for: “And surely We shall turn what is on it into a heap of dust.” [Quran: Surah al-Kahf, Ayat 8]

Those who race to do good deeds only take from this world whatever provisions are necessary for the journey.

azc
09-30-2018, 12:35 PM

My Senior Buzrugaan-e-Deen have not only mentioned the following advice but I had seen them diligently practise upon it in their lives as well – a person should not be more concerned regarding how people deal with him, rather he should be more concerned regarding how he deals with them. In many writings of our Senior ‘Ulama and Buzrugaan-e-Deen, we will find this repeatedly being mentioned that if a person has outstanding rights which he owes to the people, be they monetary rights or other rights, then he should endeavour to fulfil them so that he is not held accountable in the Hereafter. As far as the rights which others owe to him are concerned, be they monetary rights or other rights, then he should not become over worried and concerned. The reason is that if they do not fulfil his rights in this world, Allah Ta‘ala will compensate him with a reward that is far greater than that which he lost in this world.

(Qutbul Aqtaab Hazrat Shaikhul Hadeeth Moulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) pg. 389)

azc
10-04-2018, 03:05 AM
O you who are in the company of their worldly goods and great expectations! The appointed times of death will soon come and separate you from your hopes. Hurry up before the arrival of these appointed times. Look at sudden death. Death is not necessarily preceded by an illness. Iblīs is your enemy so do not heed to his advice. Do not trust him for he is not trustworthy. Beware of him. He wants you to die while you are standing on the foot of heedlessness, disobedience, and disbelief. Do not be forgetful of your enemy for his sword will not be prevented from hitting the truthful person or the disbeliever. Only a few individuals escape it. He removed your father Adam and your mother Eve (prayer and peace be on our Prophet and on them) from Paradise and he works diligently to prevent you from entering it. He urges you to commit disobedience, sins, disbelief, and noncompliance. All acts of disobedience are attributed to him, after Allah’s decree and His destiny. All creatures are subject to affliction except Allah’s sincere servants who have realized their servanthood to Him (mighty and glorified is He), so he has no authority over them. At times, he can cause them some harm, for when it is time for a decreed matter to take place, the eye becomes blind. His effect on them touches only the body, not the heart or the innermost being; only matters relating to this world, not matters pertaining to the hereafter; only matters relating to the creatures, not matters related to the Creator (mighty and glorified is He). He approaches the creatures mainly through the attachment to this world and the lower self. Seeking this world is a burning fire.

O young men, occupy yourselves with what concerns and is good for you. Preparing for what follows death is of concern to you, striving against your lower self is of concern to you, paying attention to your faults is of concern to you, but attending to the faults of other people is of no concern for you. Remember death and work in preparation for what is after it, for the Prophet (Allah’s prayer and peace be on him) has said: “The intelligent person is one who calls himself to account and works in preparation for what follows death, whereas the incompetent person is one who lets his lower self follow its passion, yet still wishes for forgiveness from Allah.”

Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani

- - - Updated - - -

O you who are in the company of their worldly goods and great expectations! The appointed times of death will soon come and separate you from your hopes. Hurry up before the arrival of these appointed times. Look at sudden death. Death is not necessarily preceded by an illness. Iblīs is your enemy so do not heed to his advice. Do not trust him for he is not trustworthy. Beware of him. He wants you to die while you are standing on the foot of heedlessness, disobedience, and disbelief. Do not be forgetful of your enemy for his sword will not be prevented from hitting the truthful person or the disbeliever. Only a few individuals escape it. He removed your father Adam and your mother Eve (prayer and peace be on our Prophet and on them) from Paradise and he works diligently to prevent you from entering it. He urges you to commit disobedience, sins, disbelief, and noncompliance. All acts of disobedience are attributed to him, after Allah’s decree and His destiny. All creatures are subject to affliction except Allah’s sincere servants who have realized their servanthood to Him (mighty and glorified is He), so he has no authority over them. At times, he can cause them some harm, for when it is time for a decreed matter to take place, the eye becomes blind. His effect on them touches only the body, not the heart or the innermost being; only matters relating to this world, not matters pertaining to the hereafter; only matters relating to the creatures, not matters related to the Creator (mighty and glorified is He). He approaches the creatures mainly through the attachment to this world and the lower self. Seeking this world is a burning fire.

Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani

azc
10-07-2018, 06:51 AM
Love every sunnah of prophet s.a.w:

Hadhrat Maulana Muhammad Taqi Usmani دامت برکاتہم once explained,

“The Noble Companions (may Allah be pleased with them all) did not believe that there were insignificant and significant types of the Sunnah. Every Sunnah was significant and sublime in their eyes.They, therefore, took care to act upon each and every Sunnah.
In fact a little care exercised in religious matters makes a great addition to the stock of good deeds at the credit of a man. It is therefore, the bounden duty of every Muslim to act upon the Sunnah without differentiating between significant and insignificant Sunnah.”

(Islahi Khutbaat: Discourses on Islamic Way of Life, Vol: VII, pg. 180)

- - - Updated - - -

Hadhrat Maulana Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani دامت برکاتہم said,

“This idea has crept into and firmly settled on, our hearts that what the western nations are doing is worth emulation and the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet صلى الله عايه وسالم is – God forbid – an ordinary issue, unworthy of being followed. It is rather a hurdle and hindrance in the path of progress. Consider! What harm will fall on us if we take our food with the right hand?

Our malady is that the evil of slavery to the west has over-powered our minds. We have given up slavery to the Holy Prophet صلى الله عايه وسالم and become slaves to the western powers, with the natural result that we are living and dying in slavery. We have become entangled in this slavery so badly that we now see no way out of it.

The fact, however, remains that we cannot get out of this slavery, nor can we attain honour and superiority in this world unless we accept slavery to the Holy Prophet صلى الله عايه وسالم in the true sense and follow in his footsteps.”

Islahi Khutbaat: Discourses on Islamic Way of Life, Vol: VII, pg. 184

azc
10-08-2018, 03:13 AM
Purification of the Mind:

*O young man, attach your heart to your Lord, so when Iblīs comes to seduce you and make you change course, seek the help of Allah (mighty and glorified is He) to drive him away. Seek His help as did those before you. Do good works then think well of your Lord (mighty and glorified is He). Thinking well of Him and obeying Him will bring about marvelous results for you. There is so much good in thinking well of Allah (mighty and glorified is He), His prophets, His messengers, and the righteous among His servants (Allah’s prayer and peace be on all of them).

*O people, strive, work diligently, and do not despair for relief may come at any time. Have you not heard that Allah (mighty and glorified is He) has said: “Allah may bring after that something new to pass” (from 65.1)? Fear your Lord and pin your hopes on Him; have you not heard His following words: “And Allah warns you of Himself” (from 3.28)? As much as you have fearfulness and caution you will have safety. Put your trust in your Lord; have you not heard His following saying: “And whoever puts his trust in Allah, He will suffice him” (from 65.3)? O Allah, let us do without Your creatures! Let us do without those who amassed the wealth of Your creatures, placed it beneath their feet, and withheld it from Your creatures while being totally indulgent in their pompous pride. The poor beg and appeal to them for help but they turn a deaf ear to them. O Allah, include us among those who get what they need through You and appeal to You for help in their serious problems! Amen.

Sufyān Ath‑Thawrī (may Allah, high is He, show mercy to him) was asked: “Who is the ignorant person?” He replied: “One who ignores Allah (mighty and glorified is He) until he asks Him (mighty and glorified is He) for help with his needs.” His likeness is as the likeness of a man to whom the king assigned a job in his house, yet he left his work and went out to the door of a man in the same neighborhood and asked him for a piece of bread to eat. Should the king know about that, would not he hate him and prevent him from entering his house?

O you who are dead at heart, listen to these words! What losers you are that you die without knowing your Lord (mighty and glorified is He)! O Allah grant us knowingness of You, working sincerely for You, and ceasing to work for other than You! Grant us knowledge of Your outward Law and Knowledge of the inward. Grant us patience and satisfaction. Sweeten for us the bitterness of Your affliction which You foreknow will come our way. Cause the flesh of our hearts to die so that we do not feel the pain of the scissors of Your power, and thus Your companionship will last for us forever. Amen

http://www.quranicstudies.com/purifi...of-the-others/

azc
10-08-2018, 04:28 AM
The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “I swear by Allah that if you knew what I know, you would laugh little and weep much, and you would not take delight in women, but you would go out to an open space and call on Allah for help. I wish I were a tree that could be cut down and cease to exist.” [Al-Bukhari; Kitab ar-Riqaq]

This hadith indicates that if we knew as much as the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) knew about the Might of Allah, and His retribution for whoever disobeys Him, then our weeping and grief and fear for what might await us would be long lasting. We might never laugh at all.

Aisha (radi Allahu anha) reported that whenever the wind changed and storms blew, the Prophet’s (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) demeanour would change and he would walk to and fro in the room in agitation, going out and then coming back in again. All of this was out of fear of Allah’s punishment. [Al-Bukhari; Kitab Bad al-Khalq]

A servant with such a heart becomes watchful over every breath and every moment, and constantly reprimands the self for its inner thoughts, its actions and its words. His state is like that of a person who is trapped in the claws of a lion, not knowing whether it will leave him alone and allow him to escape, or whether it will attack him and kill him. Thus he becomes both inwardly and outwardly occupied with what he fears. There is no room in him for anything other than what he fears. This is the state of a person who is overwhelmed by fear of Allah.

azc
10-08-2018, 05:14 AM
The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “No believer who has wept from fear of Allah, Exalted is He, will ever enter the Fire unless milk returns back into its udder.” [Tirmidhi; Kitab Fadha’il al-Jihad]

Al-Fudayl ibn Iyyad said:

“Whoever fears Allah will be guided by this fear to all good.”
Fear burns up forbidden desires, and wrong actions which can be so dear to a servant become distasteful, just as honey becomes repugnant to someone who desires it, if he discovers that it is poisoned. Fear tames the limbs and fills the heart with submission, humility and tranquility. Arrogance, hatred and envy depart from it, and it is filled with Him, through fear of Him and through contemplating the danger of His punishment – and so it becomes occupied with nothing other than Him, and has no concern other than contemplation, bringing itself to account and striving in the way of Allah.

azc
10-08-2018, 06:10 AM
The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “By Allah, of all people, I am the one with the most knowledge of Allah, and I fear Him the most.” [Bukhari; Kitab al-Adab]

Fear of Allah, Exalted is He, springs from knowledge of Him, and of His Attributes, and awareness of Allah’s Glory, Might and Self-Sufficiency – and of the fact that He is not accountable for what He does, while His servants are.

Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) says: “Surely those of His servants who know, fear Allah.” [Quran: Surah 35, Ayat 28]

At other times fear is caused by the enormity of the wrong actions which the servant has undertaken. The degree of a servant’s fear depends on his awareness of his own faults and on his recognition of Allah.

azc
10-08-2018, 12:08 PM
عن ابن مسعود أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم قال : ليس من عمل يقرب إلى الجنة إلا قد أمرتكم به ولا عمل يقرب إلى النار إلا قد نهيتكم عنه لا يستبطئن أحد منكم رزقه إن جبريل عليه السلام ألقى في روعي أن أحدا منكم لن يخرج من الدنيا حتى يستكمل رزقه فاتقوا الله أيها الناس وأجملوا في الطلب فإن استبطأ أحد منكم رزقه فلا يطلبه بمعصية الله فإن الله لا ينال فضله بمعصية

المستدرك للحاكم رقم 2136

Hazrat Abdullah bin Mas’ood (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) said, “There is no action that will draw you close to Jannah except that I have commanded you to carry it out, and there is no action that will draw you close to Jahannum except that I have prohibited you from perpetrating it. None of you should ever regard his sustenance to be delayed (as everything is destined to arrive at its time). Indeed Hazrat Jibreel (‘alaihis salaam) revealed wahi in my heart (from the side of Allah Ta‘ala) that none of you will leave the world until he receives his sustenance in full. Hence, fear Allah Ta‘ala, o people, and make your effort brief in seeking your livelihood (as everything that you will receive is predestined). If any of you regards his sustenance to be delayed then he should not seek it through an avenue whereby he will disobey Allah Ta‘ala, for indeed the grace (barakah in wealth) of Allah Ta‘ala cannot be acquired through engaging in sins.”

azc
10-09-2018, 05:06 AM
The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “On the Day of Qiyaamah Allah Ta’ala will say, ‘Let that person stand who has a right over Me.’ None beside those will stand who forgave the faults of others in the world.” [Rooh ul Ma’aani]

One who contains his anger and forgives another his fault, never reminding him of it nor letting it affect his behaviour towards him will earn this privilege, that Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) will say He owes them something in exchange! SubhanAllah! He, whom all creation depends on for every breath, is offering this prize to those who forgive the faults of others.

The grandson of Ali (radi Allahu anhu), Zain-ul-Abideen Ali bin Husain was being assisted in the performance of Wudhu by a slave girl, when she happened to drop the water container wounding him thereby. He looked at the maid servant with angry eyes.
She, being a Haafidha (one who knows the entire Quran by heart), immediately recited the Ayat of the Quran, “The special servants of Allah are those who swallow their anger.” He said in response, “I have swallowed my anger.”
Upon hearing the command of Allah, he immediately submitted to it. The thought did not occur to him, “I am being addressed by a mere slave girl.” Immaterial of who utters it, it is the speech of Allah, therefore afford it its due regard.
Thereafter she continued with the next segment of the Ayah, “…and who forgive people.” He responded by saying, “I have forgiven you.” She then went further to complete the Ayah by reciting, “…and Allah loves those who are Muhsineen, those who do favours.” In response to this he said, “Go, for Allah’s sake I have set you free.”

- - - Updated - - -

The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “On the Day of Qiyaamah Allah Ta’ala will say, ‘Let that person stand who has a right over Me.’ None beside those will stand who forgave the faults of others in the world.” [Rooh ul Ma’aani]

One who contains his anger and forgives another his fault, never reminding him of it nor letting it affect his behaviour towards him will earn this privilege, that Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) will say He owes them something in exchange! SubhanAllah! He, whom all creation depends on for every breath, is offering this prize to those who forgive the faults of others.

The grandson of Ali (radi Allahu anhu), Zain-ul-Abideen Ali bin Husain was being assisted in the performance of Wudhu by a slave girl, when she happened to drop the water container wounding him thereby. He looked at the maid servant with angry eyes.
She, being a Haafidha (one who knows the entire Quran by heart), immediately recited the Ayat of the Quran, “The special servants of Allah are those who swallow their anger.” He said in response, “I have swallowed my anger.”
Upon hearing the command of Allah, he immediately submitted to it. The thought did not occur to him, “I am being addressed by a mere slave girl.” Immaterial of who utters it, it is the speech of Allah, therefore afford it its due regard.
Thereafter she continued with the next segment of the Ayah, “…and who forgive people.” He responded by saying, “I have forgiven you.” She then went further to complete the Ayah by reciting, “…and Allah loves those who are Muhsineen, those who do favours.” In response to this he said, “Go, for Allah’s sake I have set you free.”

azc
10-10-2018, 01:25 PM
The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “One who desires that lofty mansions be constructed for him in Jannah and that he be granted high levels in Jannah should forgive those who deal unjustly with him, he should give to those who deprive him and he should establish ties with those who sever them.” [Rooh ul Ma’aani]

We are wounded by words, attitudes and behaviour all the time. But aren’t the high, beautiful, strongly built mansions of Jannah worth suppressing our negative feelings for?

But how many times do we retort and how many times do we swallow our anger, forgive the person who deals unjustly with us, give to him who exclude us, and keep taking steps to enhance relationships with those who cut off from us?

Sometimes we don’t even forgive the people nearest and dearest to us such as our children, our spouses, our parents, our aunts and uncles. With every sunset ask yourself who did you forgive today and who were you exceptionally nice to despite their angering you?
http://dailyhadith.adaptivesolutionsinc.com/

azc
10-15-2018, 06:07 PM

One should strive to emulate every Sunnat of Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) in one’s life. Similarly, one should endeavour to practice the Mustahab acts of Deen to the best of one’s ability. This is my advice to all my friends and associates. If one emulates the way of Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), practicing the Sunnats and Mustahab acts of Deen, one will receive the promise of Allah Ta’ala in becoming the beloved of Allah Ta’ala.

(Qutbul Aqtaab Hazrat Sheikhul Hadith Moulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) pg. 397)

azc
10-17-2018, 12:13 PM
One usually talks about things one loves

-Maulana Yunus Patel [R.A]

When a person talks about something EXCESSIVELY, thenknow that the love of that thing has entered his or her heart.

The one who talks excessively about fast cars, fashionable clothes, pretty women, handsome men, multi-storey buildings, palaces, gold, silver and wealth, then know that the love of these things has entered that heart.

There is no sin in earning and using wealth to provide for comfort and maintenance, to go for Haj and Umrah, and to contribute to charity, to the needy and poor. However, the love for material possessions must not enter the hearts.

The toilet is a necessity and some homes have beautiful toilets; some even have gold taps, etc. But what would you think of one who talks excessively about his toilet ?…Just like the toilet, the things of this world are necessities - we, therefore, don’t make
the material things of this world objects of worship.

The one who talks excessively about Deen, about the Love of Allah Ta’ala and His Beloved Rasool [SAWS], then know that their love has entered that heart.
Of course, during business hours, the businessman will talk mainly about business with his clients and customers. The doctor will talk about medicine and health, and the fruit seller will call upon passers-by to purchase his fruit. All this ‘worldly’ talk related to one’s needs, with the correct intention and to the extent of necessity, causes no harm to the spiritual self.

('Hedayatus Saalikeen

azc
10-18-2018, 06:16 AM
by Imam Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah rh

Allah – the Most High – said:
“O you who believe! Remember Allah and remember Him a lot.” [Surah al-Ahzaab 33:4I].

“Those men and women who remember Allah a lot.” [Surah al-Ahzaab 33:35].

“So when you have finished the rights of your Pilgrimage, then remember Allah as you remember your fore-father, or with more intense remembrance.” [Surah al-Baqarah 2:200].

These verses contain a command to remember Allah intensely and abundantly, since the worshipper is in dire need of [remembering Allah] and cannot do without it even for a twinkling of an eye.

This is because every moment that a person does not spend in the dhikr (remembrance) of Allah will not be of any benefit to him. Rather,the harm entailed in being neglectful of the dhikr of Allah is far greater than any benefits that can be gained.

One of the ‘aarifeen (those who are knowledgeable about Allah) said:

“If a person were to spend such and such number of years engaged [in the dhikr of Allah], then he turns away from it for just a moment, what he will lose is far greater than whatever he has already gained.”

Al-Bayhaqee relates from ‘Aisha radiAllahu ‘anhaa that the Prophet sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said:

“There is no time in which the son of Aadam does not remember Allaah in it, except that it will be a source of regret for him on the Day of Judgement”2

Mu’aadh ibn jabal radiAllahu ‘anhu relates that the Prophet sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said:“The people of Paradise will not have any regrets except for those moments in which they were not engaged in the dhikr (remembrance) of Allah.”3

Mu’aadh ibn Jabal ra also relates that Allah’s Messenger sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam was asked:

What action is the most beloved to Allah? So he replied:“That you continue to keep your tongue moist with the dhikr of Allah, until you die.”4

POLISHING THE HEART with DhikrullahAbu Dardaa radiAllahu ‘anhu said:

“For everything there is a polish and the polish for the heart is the dhikr of Allah”.

Al-Bayhaqee relates from Ibn ‘Umar radiAllahu ‘anhu that Allaah’s Messenger sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said:

“For everything there is a polish, and the polish for the hearts is the dhikr (remembrance) of Allah. There is nothing more potent in saving a person from the punishment of Allah than the dhikr of Allah.”It was said: Not even Jihaad in the path of Allah. So he replied:“Not even if you were to continue striking with your sword until it breaks.”5
There is no doubt that hearts becomes rusty just as copper and silver coins become rusty.
The polish for [this rust] is the dhikr of AIlaah. This is because [dhikr] is like a polish [which polishes the heart] like a shiny mirror. When dhikr is left, the rust returns. But when dhikr resumes, then the heart is [again] polished.

And hearts become rusty due to two things:-

(i)neglecting remembering Allah, and
(ii)committing sins.
The polish for these two things is:-
(i)seeking Allah’s forgivenessand
(ii)dhikr.

CONFUSING TRUTH WITH FALSEHOOD Whoever neglects [remembering Allah] most of the time, then his heart will become rusty in accordance with how neglectful the person is.

And when this [filthy] rust accumulates on the heart, then it no longer recognises things as they really are. Thus, it views falsehood as if it is the truth, and truth as if it is falsehood. This is because this rust darkens and confuses the heart’s perception, and so it is unable to truly recognise things for what they really are.

So as the rust accumulates, the heart gets blackened, and as this happens the heart becomes stained with this filthy rust, and when this occurs it corrupts the heart’s perception and recognition of things.

The heart [then] does not accept the truth nor does it reject falsehood, and this is the greatest calamity that can strike the heart. Being neglectful [of dhikr] and following of whims and desires is a direct consequence of such a heart, which [further] extinguish the heart’s light and blinds its vision. Allah – the Most High – said:

“And do not obey him whose heart We have made to be neglectful of Our remembrance, one who follows his own whims and desires and whose affairs are furat [have gone beyond bounds and whose deeds have been lost].” [Surah al-Kahf 18:28].

http://tazkiyatips.blogspot.com/2012/02/polishing-hearts-by-imam-ibn-qayyim-al.html

azc
10-23-2018, 05:04 PM
The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:

“The Mufarridoon have taken precedence.” [Mishkaat]

Mulla Ali Qari, in his commentary on Mishkaat entitled Mirqaat, states that Mufarridoon means: “Those who do not derive pleasure, except in the remembrance of Allah Ta’ala and do not enjoy bounties, except with gratitude to Him.”

The people who take first place in the Akhirah are those who do not derive pleasure in the world except in the remembrance of Allah (subhana wa ta’ala). They enjoy the company of their wives and children, food and drink, business and homes, only after they take Allah’s name. They only enjoy the blessings of the world together with obedience to Allah. They regard no blessing as a blessing until and unless they express gratitude for it to Allah Ta’ala.

Imam an-Nawawi in his commentary on Sahih Muslim while explaining this hadith cites another narration explaining that the Mufarridoon are “those who experience ecstasy while engaged in Dhikr.”
http://dailyhadith.adaptivesolutionsinc.com/

azc
10-24-2018, 01:17 PM
Umar رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰ عنه said,

“Whoever decorates himself by displaying to the people some characteristics that Allah :swt1: knows are contrary to his real characteristics, will be disgraced and dishonoured by Allah :swt1: .”

[Ad-Daaraqutnee, 4/207]

azc
10-26-2018, 11:35 AM
It is reported that once Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) was asked as to who is the wisest of all men. He replied:

“The wisest of men are those who remember death more than everybody else. It is such people, indeed, who win distinction in this world and who will be raised to positions of honour in the Aakhirah”.

(Majma‘uz Zawaaid #18157)

azc
10-30-2018, 02:51 AM
Hazrat Moulana Muhammad Ilyaas (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) once mentioned:

''The path of deen is a path of self-reformation. The purpose and object of self-reformation is for one to create within his heart the natural urge and desire to fulfill the commands of Allah Ta‘ala and to refrain from those things which are prohibited by Allah Ta‘ala . In other words, one’s heart becomes such that it only finds happiness and fulfillment in carrying out the commands of Allah Ta‘ala, and it finds discomfort and resentment in breaking the commands of Allah Ta‘ala. This is the very purpose of the path of self-reformation. The spiritual exercises that are prescribed by the Mashaayikh are merely a means to achieve this goal.''

(Malfoozaat Hazrat Moulana Muhammad Ilyaas (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) pg. 13)

azc
11-07-2018, 05:21 AM
Sayyiduna Abu Hurayrah (radiyallahu ‘anhu) reports: Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) once addressed a group of people who were seated saying, ‘Shall I not inform you of the best of you from your worst?’ They remained silent. When Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) repeated this question for the third time, one person said, ‘Certainly O Messenger of Allah, inform us who is the best from the worst’.

Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: ‘The best among you are those whose goodness is hoped for, and [people] are safe from his evil and the worst of you is he whose goodness is not hoped for, and [people] are not safe from his evil.”

(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 2263, Sahih Ibn Hibban; Al Ihsan, Hadith: 527-528. Also see: Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah with footnotes of Shaykh Muhammad ‘Awwamah, Hadith: 35571)

azc
11-09-2018, 02:28 AM
Rasūlullāh (ﷺ) said:
“Blessed is he who is preoccupied with his own defects rather than those of other people.” -Bazzar from Anas رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰ عنه (Hadith graded as Hasan)

Ibn Abbas رضي الله ﺗﻌﺎﻟﯽٰ عنه said:

“When you feel the need to mention your companion’s faults, remember your own” [Imam Bukhari in Al-Adab Al Mufrad]

Muhammad ibn Sireen رحمه الله used to say:

“We used to say that those amongst us with the most sins are those who spend their time talking about the sins of others.”

Imam Sufyaan ath-Thawri رحمه الله said:

“Keep yourself busy in remembering your faults, so that you have no time left to remember the faults of others.”

Ibn Taimiyah said:

“Some people have the disease of criticizing all the time. They forget the good about others and only mention their faults. They are like flies that avoid the good and pure places and land on the bad and wounds. This is because of the evil within the self and the spoiled nature.”

Abu Hatim said:

“Probing and seeking the faults of others is from the branches of hypocrisy just like thinking good of others is from the branches of faith. The intelligent one always has a good opinion of his brothers, and keeps his grief and sadness to himself. As for the ignorant one, he has evil opinion of his brothers and does not think about his crimes and distress.” [Siyar A’lam an-Nubala]

Imam Ash-Shafi’e رحمه الله said:

”Let not your tongue mention the shame of another, for you yourself are covered in shame, and all men have tongues. If your eye falls upon the sin of your brother, shield them and say ‘O my eye all men have eyes‘.”

azc
11-16-2018, 08:31 PM
Hz Moulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) once mentioned:

If any person sees some good quality in himself and finds that quality lacking in another person, due to which he begins toregard himself to be better than that person, then he should immediately think to himself,

“It is possible that this person does not have this good quality in him which I have, but he has some other praiseworthy quality in him which is lacking in me, due to which he is better than me in the sight of Allah Ta‘ala.”

Hazrat Thanwi (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) then mentioned,

“If a person trains himself to think in this way, it will assist him to remove self-admiration and pride from hisheart and it will save him from regarding himself to be better than others.”

(Malfoozaat Hakeemul Ummat 23/55)

azc
11-17-2018, 12:49 PM
"O young man, do not occupy yourself with washing the clothes of your body while leaving the clothes of your heart dirty!Wash the heart first and then wash the clothes.

Combine both acts of washing, both acts of purification.Wash your clothes clean of dirt and wash your heart clean of sins. Do not be overconfident about anything, for your Lord is a “doer of what He wills.”Work on purifying your heart first for this is an obligatory duty and then move on to the acquisition of knowingness, because if you miss the root your engrossment with the branch will not be accepted of you. What benefit would the purity of the limbs and senses have when combined with impurity of the heart? Purify your limbs and senses with the Sunna and your heart by applyingthe Qur’an.Protect your heart so thatyour limbs and senses will be protected. Every vessel exudes its contents. Whatever is in your heart will ooze out to your limbs and senses."-

Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jeelani RA in 'Jila al Khatir'

azc
11-20-2018, 10:34 AM

A person should never ask Allah Ta‘ala to test him with calamities and difficulties. Instead, he should always beg Allah Ta‘ala for ‘aafiyah (ease). However, if Allah Ta‘ala tests a person with calamities and difficulties, then he should adopt sabr (patience) and understand that this is, in actual fact, a form of mercy from Allah Ta‘ala. Through adopting sabr and remaining patient, one’s sins will be forgiven and his rank will be raised in the Hereafter. One should also remember that all the Ambiyaa (‘alaihimus salaam), the Siddeeqeen and the pious friends of Allah Ta‘ala were tested during their lives with trials and tribulations and they gained great blessings and favours of Allah Ta‘ala through remaining patient.

(Malfoozaat Hazrat Moulana Muhammad Ilyaas (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) pg. 27)

azc
11-29-2018, 01:16 PM
Someone once asked Hadhrat Shafeeq bin Ibraheem (R.A),

"People call me a pious person. How can piety be recognized?"
The reply was, “Itcan be recognized by three factors. These are:

1. Explain your inner condition to the pious people. If they are satisfied, then you are pious, otherwise not.

2. Offer the world to your heart. If it refuses the world then you are pious, otherwise not.

3. Offer death to yourself. If you are pleased with it, then you are pious, otherwise not.

If a person has these three qualities, he should thank Allah and display humility. He should then never allow ostentation to infect his actions, for this will pour water over all that he does."

-'Tambih-ul-Ghafileen' by Faqih Abu Lais Samarqandi [R.A]

azc
12-04-2018, 04:34 PM

The purpose of self-reformation is to acquire the pleasure of Allah Ta‘ala. In order for one to gain self-reformation, one requires two things; knowledge of the path and correct application of this knowledge. Self-reformation will be obtained through one adhering to the laws of Shariah in accordance to the Sunnah, regardless of whether the laws pertain to our external actions or internal.

In acquiring self-reformation, there are two things that will assist one greatly; remaining in zikr at all times, and remaining in the company of the pious servants of Allah Ta‘ala as much as one is able to. If it is difficult for one to remain in the company of the pious all the time, then the substitute is for one to study the lives of our pious predecessors and their advices.

One should refrain from two things as they are the cause of impeding one’s progress; falling into sins and becoming involved in futile activities.

Together with the above, one will only be able to derive full benefit if one regularly reports his condition to his spiritual guide and sheikh (person under whose supervision he is carrying out his self-reformation).

After adopting the necessary procedures in self-reformation, each person will progress and receive blessings from Allah Ta‘ala in accordance to his capacity and the level of commitment and dedication he shows. This is the essence of the path of self-reformation.

(Malfoozaat Hakeemul Ummat 23/56)

azc
12-19-2018, 06:32 PM
It is reported that Sayyiduna Uthman ibn Affan (al-Ghani/Dhul Nurayn) – (579-656 C.E), May Allah be well pleased with him, said in a Friday Sermon [Khutbah].

O! Children of Adam! Know that the angel of death has been assigned to each and every one of you, and that angel has not ceased to pass by you every single day, and this has happened every day since you were born.

It is as if this angel wants to move on to something else, yet it cannot, for it has been assigned to you and will target you one day.
Therefore, it is best to be prepared and to be careful by correcting your deeds, meaning one should only do good knowing that the angel is near you.

You must not forget him, for that angel does not forget about you.
Realize, O Children of Adam, if you end up being forgetful about any of this and you do not prepare for it, remember no one else will prepare this journey for you.

You are the one that must meet Allah the Mighty and Majestic, and you are the one who will be questioned, so please take care of yourself and do not leave taking care of yourself to someone else. Peace be upon all of you.”

(Related by Imam Abu Bakr Al-Daynuri in his book – Al-Mujalasah wa Jawahir Al-Ilm – The Assembly of the Jewels of Knowledge)

azc
12-21-2018, 06:30 PM
Shaykh ibn Taymiyyah rh said:

If a believer falls into sin, it’s punishment would be repelled from him in ten ways:

1. He repents and therefore Allah :swt1: would accept his repentance. The one who repents from a sin is as the one who hasn’t sinned.

2. He asks for forgiveness and he would therefore be forgiven.

3. He performs acts of righteousness that would erase his sins, for indeed righteous actions erase sins.

4. His brothers supplicate for him; that his sins be forgiven - while he is alive and after his death.

5. His brothers gift the reward of their actions to him so that Allah :swt1: may benefit him through them.

6. That prophet Muhammad - صلى الله عليه وسلم - intercedes for him.

7. That Allah :swt1: puts him through trials in the life of this world that would expiate his sins.

8. That Allah :swt1: puts him through trials in the Barzakh and the Sa’iqah that would expiate his sins.

9. That Allah :swt1: puts him through the trials of the Day of Resurrection and its horrors, that which would expiate his sins.

10. Or that the Most Merciful of the merciful has mercy over him.

Whoever lets these ten pass him by, then let him blame no one but himself, as Allaah the Exalted said in a Hadeeth that was narrated by His Messenger :saws:

“O My servants, they are only your own deeds, I take them into account for you, and then give (their reward or punishment) back to you. So whoever finds good then let him praise Allah. And whoever finds other than that then let him blame no one but himself.”

[Reported by Muslim: #2577]
http://tazkiyatips.blogspot.com/2013...your-sins.html

azc
12-27-2018, 10:04 AM

The remedy for casting lustful glances and other sins is for a person to regularly study the biographies of the pious. Additionally, one should allocate some time to sit in solitude and ponder over the numerous warnings and punishments mentioned in the Qur’aan and Hadith for the sins that one is involved in. When the thought of sin crosses one’s mind, one should immediately remind oneself of these warnings and punishments. Through continuously doing this, insha Allah the strong urge of the nafs to commit sins will no longer remain. Thereafter, at times, if one perceives a slight inclination to commit sin, one should adopt self-resistance and oppose this inclination. However, if a person does not take courage and show determination then there is no remedy that will be able to benefit him.

(Malfoozaat Hakeemul Ummat 23/57)

azc
12-31-2018, 05:46 PM
Shakwah (complaint) falls into two categories: The first type means to complain to Allâh :swt: , and this does not contradict patience. It is demonstrated by several of the Prophets, for example,

when Ya’qûb (AS) said:“I only complain of my distraction and anguish to Allâh.” Qur’an (12:86)

Earlier, Ya’qûb (AS) had said “sabrun jamîl,” which means “patience is most fitting for me.”

The Qur’ân also tells us about Ayyûb:“And (remember) Ayyûb (Job), when he cried to his Lord, ‘Truly distress has seized me…’ ” Qur’an (21:83)

The epitome of patience, the Prophet ‏:saws:‎ prayed to his Lord:

“O Allâh, I complain to You of my weakness and helplessness.”

Mûsâ (AS) prayed to Allâh :swt: saying:“O Allâh, all praise is due to You, and complaint is made only to You, and You are the only One from Whom we seek help and in Whom we put our trust, and there is no power except by Your help.”

The second type of complaint involves complaining to people, either directly, through our words, or indirectly, through the way we look and behave. This is contradictory to patience.

From: Uddat as-Sabireen wa Dhakirat ash-Shakireen [Patience & Gratitude], By Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

Nitro Zeus
12-31-2018, 07:38 PM
Shakwah (complaint) falls into two categories: The first type means to complain to Allâh :swt: , and this does not contradict patience. It is demonstrated by several of the Prophets, for example,

when Ya’qûb (AS) said:“I only complain of my distraction and anguish to Allâh.” Qur’an (12:86)

Earlier, Ya’qûb (AS) had said “sabrun jamîl,” which means “patience is most fitting for me.”

The Qur’ân also tells us about Ayyûb:“And (remember) Ayyûb (Job), when he cried to his Lord, ‘Truly distress has seized me…’ ” Qur’an (21:83)

The epitome of patience, the Prophet ‏:saws:‎ prayed to his Lord:

“O Allâh, I complain to You of my weakness and helplessness.”

Mûsâ (AS) prayed to Allâh :swt: saying:“O Allâh, all praise is due to You, and complaint is made only to You, and You are the only One from Whom we seek help and in Whom we put our trust, and there is no power except by Your help.”

The second type of complaint involves complaining to people, either directly, through our words, or indirectly, through the way we look and behave. This is contradictory to patience.

From: Uddat as-Sabireen wa Dhakirat ash-Shakireen [Patience & Gratitude], By Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah
So, complaining to God means an act of disbelief, right?

azc
01-01-2019, 02:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
So, complaining to God means an act of disbelief, right?
Complaining to God is permitted, rather, encouraged, complaining to others is wrong

Nitro Zeus
01-01-2019, 02:07 AM
Complaining to God is permitted, rather, encouraged, complaining to others is wrong
My father used to tell me: "that who I am to complein to God about anything? I do not have any right to do this, I'm not in position to do this". Is there any reward for compleining to God?

azc
01-01-2019, 02:15 AM
I think you didnot read that post....

azc
01-04-2019, 04:11 PM
Hazrat Sufyan Thawri rh was asked by someone to give him advice, but to be very brief and concise. So he advised him saying,

“Make an effort for the world to the extent of your
stay here. And make an effort for the hereafter to the
extent of your stay there.”

Everyone knows that after leaving this world there is no return, and the life of the hereafter is everlasting. Therefore, one should make a great effort for that which is everlasting. The stay in this world is temporary. Thus, to make too much effort for it is foolishness. What a complete and comprehensive advice this is! Remember it and let it become imprinted in your heart.

Source: What is the reality of Tasawwuf - Hazrat
Maulana Shah Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Sahab rh

azc
01-06-2019, 11:57 AM
There are ten things which awakenTaqwa (Fear of Allah):

1. Fear of punishment in the next life;
2. Fear [of punishment] in this life;
3. Hope of worldly reward;
4. Hope of the reward of the next world;
5. Fear of the reckoning;
6. Shyness and bashfulness before the gaze of Allah, and this is the station of fearful watchfulness [muraqabah];
7. Showing gratitudefor His blessings by obeying Him;
8. Knowledge, because of His words, “They only fear Allah, of His slaves, the ones who have knowledge”;
9. Exalting and honouring His majesty, and it is the station of awe;
10. Sincerity in love for Allah.

Source: Al-Kalbi, Ibn Juzayy. Kitabu-t Tashil li ‘Ulumu-t Tanzil.

azc
01-10-2019, 02:05 AM

The remedy for casting lustful glances and other sins is for a person to regularly study the biographies of the pious. Additionally, one should allocate some time to sit in solitude and ponder over the numerous warnings and punishments mentioned in the Quraan Majeed and hadeeth for the sins that one is involved in. When the thought of sin crosses one’s mind, one should immediately remind oneself of these warnings and punishments. Through continuously doing this, insha-Allah the strong urge of the nafs to commit sins will no longer remain. Thereafter, at times, if one perceives a slight inclination to commit sin, one should adopt self-resistance and oppose this inclination. However, if a person does not take courage and show determination then there is no remedy for such a person.

(Malfoozaat Hakeemul Ummat 23/57)

azc
01-11-2019, 01:31 PM

Jannah is only for the servants who are humble. If a person has an iota of pride in him, he will first be entered into Jahannum where he will have to be cleansed and purified of the pride. Once he is fully cleansed and purified of pride and only humility remains within him, he will be ushered into Jannah. In essence, no person who has pride can enter Jannah. Jannah is the abode of the people of humility. Hence, one should endeavour to rid oneself of pride and inculcate complete humility.

(Malfoozaat Hazrat Moulana Muhammad Ilyaas (rahmatullahi ‘alaih) pg. 57)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.