/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hadith allows killing non-combatants?

chandy249
03-18-2018, 01:22 AM
Assalamualaikum, I have seen some Muslims justifying attacks against civilians with the following hadiths:
Narrated As-Sab bin Jaththama:
When asked about the women and children of the polytheists being killed during the night raid, [the Prophet] said:
They are from them. (Muslim 1745)
The Prophet (ﷺ) passed by me at a place called Al-Abwa or Waddan, and was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet (ﷺ) replied, "They (i.e. women and children) are from them (i.e. pagans)." I also heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, "The institution of Hima is invalid except for Allah and His Apostle." Bukhari 3012
What does this mean? Is it okay to kill women and children if certain men are killed too? It seems strange because there is other hadith saying don't kill women, children, priests, farmers, workers, old people etc etc

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
03-18-2018, 03:18 AM
:wa:

Chapter: Permissibility of killing women and children in night raids, so long as it is not done deliberately:

When asked about the women and children of the polytheists being killed during the night raid, [the Prophet] said:

Muslims can't attack on non combatant deliberately however, if they are with their fighting soldiers whether or not supporting them, are killed with their soldiers then Muslims will not be held responsible for their killing.

Yahya.
03-18-2018, 07:59 AM
It is considered collateral damage.

Alamgir
03-18-2018, 10:59 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Collateral damage is acceptable in Islam, within reasonable measures.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
talibilm
03-18-2018, 11:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chandy249
Assalamualaikum, I have seen some Muslims justifying attacks against civilians with the following hadiths:
The Prophet (ﷺ) passed by me at a place called Al-Abwa or Waddan, and was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet (ﷺ) replied, "They (i.e. women and children) are from them (i.e. pagans)." I also heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, "The institution of Hima is invalid except for Allah and His Apostle." Bukhari 3012
What does this mean? Is it okay to kill women and children if certain men are killed too? It seems strange because there is other hadith saying don't kill women, children, priests, farmers, workers, old people etc etc
:sl:

Real meanings are understood when we knew when such statements of Prophet :saws: were said. This was a during a battle where enemies of Islam used their families as Human shields since they know Muslims do not attack women , children or the aged or those who do not take arms to fight.

They CUNNINGLY planned and used this tactic to defeat the Muslim Army and those women and families willingly co operated for that to defeat the muslims , IOW they were voluntary accomplices against Muslims , so the attack was stopped on seeing those women among the kaffir soldiers and One of the soldier sahaba from the muslim army was despatched to Prophet :saws: asking what to do then ?when their women and children are accompanying them it was inspired to Prophet :saws: that they were collaboraters in the battle and such a order as seen was given by the merciful Prophet who even had freed slaves -his enemies with his own funds in the battle at Taif where he was treated the worst .

Such cunning tactics by kuffar were also seen in the battle of Trench when the kuffar were waiting for the muslims to stand for Salah and then cross over the 30 ft wide trench but Who they think Allah is ??? Playing with The Haakimul haakimeen , maakirul maakireen !! The Best planner !! Allah disclosed their secret and plan to his Prophet and issued new orders to his Prophet :saws: in the Glorious Quran to pray the salah (battle friendly salah) with a part of Muslims joining the Salah and another part guarding the trench for 2 or 1 rakah and those who had guarding the trench replaced the soldiers who had already prayed the 2 rakats (not sure 1 or 2) with prophet thus never leaving the trench unguarded and kaafirs plan went flopped though they did try to cross the trench in between the salah but they were killed .

azc
03-19-2018, 12:49 PM
^This is why we are advised to take the knowledge from reliable sites/Muslim scholars.

Misbah-Abd
03-19-2018, 04:30 PM
There are exceptions to the rules. And in Islam it is no different.

azc
03-20-2018, 09:09 AM
Now a days social media is spreading lies and misconceptions about Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.