/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to handle prayer in the west

Silas
03-30-2018, 05:00 PM
I'm sure this has been asked may times, but I am curious

How do Muslims in the west handle daily prayers while at work? Obviously, most places do not have prayer rooms, or anything like that.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
03-30-2018, 05:13 PM
He will manage if he wants to pray.

cinnamonrolls1
03-30-2018, 07:09 PM
Pray in "small" corners. I pray in fitting rooms in shops etc, in my car etc. The prayer times are quite far apart now so i often still manage to pray at home on time. I do wudu before i leave my house

Zzz_
03-30-2018, 07:28 PM
It varies and depends on the job and situation. Lower level jobs you have to find a space to pray or have to go to your car to pray. Higher up you go in career, more options you have. For example, at corporate level you can book a daily meeting room for yourself. Also depends on time of the year as well. Time window between prayers is very close and prayer time is earlier in the day in the winter time as opposed to summer. Option in the winter is to combine noon and evening prayer due to time restrictions and in summer you could even wait till you get off to pray, depending on what you do for living and the work shift you take.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cinnamonrolls1
03-30-2018, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zzz_
It varies and depends on the job and situation. Lower level jobs you have to find a space to pray or have to go to your car to pray. Higher up you go in career, more options you have. For example, at corporate level you can book a daily meeting room for yourself. Also depends on time of the year as well. Time window between prayers is very close and prayer time is earlier in the day in the winter time as opposed to summer. Option in the winter is to combine noon and evening prayer due to time restrictions and in summer you could even wait till you get off to prayer, depending on what you do for living and the work shift you take.
^^^^^ yeah. I mean im still in school lol but that does make sense

Zzz_
03-30-2018, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
^^^^^ yeah. I mean im still in school lol but that does make sense
Do you not have an MSA?

At first i used to pray at bottom of the stair ways in the uni library since the bottom area was big enough to sit and study and had couches. But then i started going to MSA office to pray.

cinnamonrolls1
03-31-2018, 08:51 AM
Do you not have an MSA?

At first i used to pray at bottom of the stair ways in the uni library since the bottom area was big enough to sit and study and had couches. But then i started going to MSA office to pray.
No :( still in hs. We dont have msa's or anything like that here :(

keiv
03-31-2018, 12:45 PM
I make up my prayers when I get home from work. I work in dirty environements, and most of the time there is no water or bathroom access at the jobsites I work on.

cinnamonrolls1
03-31-2018, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
I make up my prayers when I get home from work. I work in dirty environements, and most of the time there is no water or bathroom access at the jobsites I work on.
Construction?

cinnamonrolls1
03-31-2018, 01:47 PM
^^^ just a guess

azc
03-31-2018, 02:03 PM
May Allah swt make it easy for you

Zzz_
03-31-2018, 04:31 PM
No :( still in hs. We dont have msa's or anything like that here :(
oh in that case you, it should be doable for you as well. usually the library has a backroom you can go to for privacy. You can also go to the office and use one of their meeting rooms. or even talk to a teacher who has a free period at a certain time that you can use her room to pray. Keep your prayer matt with you and talk to these people to help accommodate to you. I never had to do that since HS was out by 2:30, well before asr time.

cinnamonrolls1
03-31-2018, 08:39 PM
oh in that case you, it should be doable for you as well. usually the library has a backroom you can go to for privacy. You can also go to the office and use one of their meeting rooms. or even talk to a teacher who has a free period at a certain time that you can use her room to pray. Keep your prayer matt with you and talk to these people to help accommodate to you. I never had to do that since HS was out by 2:30, well before asr time.
I normally come home at lunch time and pray. Thats a good idea though, thank you!

keiv
03-31-2018, 11:01 PM
Construction?
Pretty close!

cinnamonrolls1
03-31-2018, 11:03 PM
Pretty close!
Hmmm, mechanic? ( not very similar to construction but i just thought of the area when u said u cant pray there, since mechanic garages have oil and stuff there lol)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.