/* */

PDA

View Full Version : listen to Quran for peace

peacefulone
04-22-2018, 06:35 PM
Salaam alaykum wa rahmatullahi

When I feel sadness in my heart then it never fails to help me to listen to Qur'an in a peaceful place and just reflect on the translation and enjoy the arabic part.
Listening to Qur'an brings happiness, peace and tranquility. No matter what sounds are going on around us, the holy book has much more beauty and glory to it.
I am trying everyday to listen for even a few minutes. Sometimes more on bad days when I need to hear it and reflect deeply.
It is a medicine that is pure.

{those who believe in the Oneness of Allah, and those whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allah, verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest} 13:28

Listening to Qur'an takes us out of our apathy where we care only for eating and sleeping like the animals. It returns us to a higher existence one of ethics, selfless and kind giving to others.
Without these sounds of the ayat of Allah we are lost and truly miserable like the days before one decides to understand and practice Islam. May Allah guide us all. Ameen.

It is much better than music which tries to corrupt and confuse. When I hear music its like the atoms in my body are agitated to such an extent I can't relax. But the solution to his is to immediately listen to Qur'an and feel the rest come back strongly. No matter where I am (as long its a clean place) I can turn Qur'an on and get back that focus that is necessary to a productive life. How wonderful it is to be able to recite Qur'an to yourself when there are no recordings around. I used to memorize lyrics before islam. Now I can memorize ayat and feel true happiness.

I leave you with this final thought...

{and mankind is he who purchases idle talks(ie music, singing, etc) to mislead from the path of Allah without knowledge...} 7:182

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
04-22-2018, 07:27 PM
:wa:

Listening Quran is a good habit. Hope, also you recite Quran daily.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.