/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Im a new Muslim

karenjane
05-19-2018, 11:15 PM
I was praying wrong the entire prayers I had. when I was in Saudi I was told I was praying wrong as she said I should pray Isha 3 rakats only and now Im confused with fard and sunnah also are they rakats also?
thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
05-19-2018, 11:30 PM
:salam:

Please see this thread and it will help you in understanding the prayers properly inshaAllah.

Basics of Prayer

Isha has 4 rakat of Fardh (obligatory), and 2 rakat of Sunnah, and 3 rakat of Witr.

Basics of Prayer
What are the five pillars of Islam? The five pillars of Islam are: To testify that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and that Muhammad i...

karenjane
05-19-2018, 11:44 PM
i shoud pray 9 rakats all in all for Isha? sorry im confused

AabiruSabeel
05-19-2018, 11:48 PM
The obligatory is only 4. The sunnah is highly emphasized, and the Witr is Wajib (next to fardh).

If you are just starting then start with the 4 fardh.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glitterprincess
05-20-2018, 03:05 AM
Al salam a'likom brother / sister
Here are the obligatory prayers any prayer other that these are recommended but not necessary and leaving them is not a sin

.fajr prayer 2 rakat
.duhr prayer 4 rakat
.asr prayer 4 rakat
.ma'rib prayer 3 rakat
.asha prayer 4 rakat

The sunna recommend but not necessary prayers
Sunna fajr : pray it before fajr 2 rakat
Sunna duhr : pray 4 rakat before duhr ( in two's ) and 2 after duhr
Sunna asr : there is no sunna for asr
Sunna ma'rib : 2 rakat after ma'rib
Sunna asha : 2 rakat after asha

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.