/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why the "flat earth theory" is wrong ?

Good brother
05-26-2018, 09:06 PM
Assalam alaikum

There are some people who think that NASA is deceiving them and they make propaganda for the "flat earth theory". This video is for them.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
05-26-2018, 11:22 PM
I am a flat earther and that never convince me at all - infact most of the things he says is based on the assumption that the earth is already a globe !!! which is deceiving the entire purpose of the research.

If you want Scientific proof read a book by Eric Dubay who uses their (Nasa and the globalists) own calculations to prove their own theories wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I am a flat earther and that never convince me at all - infact most of the things he says is based on the assumption that the earth is already a globe !!! which is deceiving the entire purpose of the research.

If you want Scientific proof read a book by Eric Dubay who uses their (Nasa and the globalists) own calculations to prove their own theories wrong.

Ümit
05-26-2018, 11:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova

- - - Updated - - -

Erics book is scientific proof? Tell me you are joking.

İf you want proof...then look around you...do your own observations...look at stars...or satellite dishes...make your own calculations and you will see the Earth is round....if you cannot do that, let me know and İ will help you with your calculations.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Erics book is scientific proof? Tell me you are joking.

İf you want proof...then look around you...do your own observations...look at stars...or satellite dishes...make your own calculations and you will see the Earth is round....if you cannot do that, let me know and İ will help you with your calculations.

Abz2000
05-27-2018, 01:40 PM

- - - Updated - - -

:sl: do you think that earth is the only celestial body amongst the billions that follow orbits and spiralling orbits that is flat?

Why can't rockets fly underneath and get us some pictures.

Also, did you know that the upper floors of the burj khalifah tower have a different iftar time from the ground level?

Scroll to 5 minutes if you wish.
Give vsauce a like if you wish too.
High quality presentations so far.

Hopefully this isn't another psychological hack by the American government to get people on side via warped stimulus generalisation through division of opinion based on no valid argument. I think yous have already had that ploy demonstrated beyond doubt.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
05-27-2018, 04:58 PM
Earth is not flat.

I think the easiest way to prove it is to Google a real picture of saturn.

..or is saturn spherical and earth is still flat?

That's a lot of work to go to.. probably easier to make em all spheres.

I have previously defended flat earth.. because I suppose we all want the place to have something that points to it's creator in an obvious manner..

Although it always does.

azc
05-27-2018, 06:06 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/global/2...0%2C8116478799

Abz2000
05-27-2018, 06:52 PM
soccerكرة القدمkurat al-qadamكورةkoora
ballكرة (ج) كورkura (pl.) kuwarكورة (ج) كورkoora (pl.) kowar

English words for كرات (kurat)
Balls

Takweer - to wind or wrap around a sphere.

When the sun is Kuwwirat.

See also:

Sura az-Zumar 5: He makes the Night overlap (yukawwir) the Day, and the Day overlap the Night.
The term “yukawwir” (overlap), comes from the origin “kurah” meaning: sphere......

Ibn Taymiyyah RA said that it was a matter of agreement that the earth is a sphere among the scholars of religion and astronomy:
http://www.al-eman.com/feqh/viewchp....=252&CID=90#s1

C) al-Razi (may Allah forgive him) eluded to the roundness of the earth in his tafseer. He said while talking about the earth: when a sphere is huge, each section of it appears to be like a flat surface.

"Folding" (takwir) in this sense refers to folding or wrapping a turban round the head. You say "a kawr of the turban" when referring to the part of it which is wrapped around the head. So the reference to the spherical shape of the earth is very clear in sha' Allah.

http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/forum...earth-is-round

021:033
"And He is the One who created (khalaqa) the night and the day and the sun and the moon, each in a 'falakin' 'yasbahun'"

If you put the word يسبحون (=yasbaHoon) into Google translate, it will give "swimming".

The root of this word is سبح (sabaHa). Put this in any online Arabic-English translator and it will give "swim" or "float".

Hope that's proof enough.

In my earlier post, I said yasbaHoon referred to the planets - in fact, on closer inspection of the Quranic verses concerned (21.33 and 36.40) it actually refers to the sun and moon, but some commentators say it also includes other heavenly bodies.

Furthermore, 'falak' not only refers to the sky but also carries the meaning of a to and fro motion, a state of commotion, circuit, cricling etc. 'Yasbahun' can simply mean to roll onwards, perform a daily course etc.

http://217.197.210.169/forum/forum_p...98&PN=66&TPN=2

Falakफलक
(Falak Pronunciations)
Baby name meanings, origin and religion
Meaning: Star, Orbit, Sky, celestial sphere, Breeze
Origin: Arabic
Religion: Muslim
Urdu Meaning: آسمان، فلک

https://www.kidpaw.com/names/falak

Here are some some models of the swimming to and fro opinions:

These observations fit logically with the spherical earth opinion too - and i am unable to deny this logic - and therefore wholeheartedly accept that the earth os spherical.

Those who've looked at how magnetic attraction, repulsion, and timely shielding work in magnetic energy devices (search "muammar free magnetic energy demonstration delft") (although the timing of "sarkozy muammar threat financial security mankind" is alarming) (vasile karpen's pile ) https://www.greenoptimistic.com/karpen-pile/ should find it easier to grasp.

azc
05-27-2018, 07:13 PM
http://islamqa.org/hanafi/darululoomtt/52330

https://islamqa.info/en/211655

Description of the earth and universe - IslamQA
Q. 1. Should we believe the images of earth from space? They are Round in shape and like a ball as per the satellite images. 2. How Quran and Hadith describe about earth? I heard that earth is like a plate (flat dish on which food is served). A. That which can be seen with the eye, and upon which one can gain...

Abz2000
05-27-2018, 08:29 PM
Hadith inform us that the earth will be turned into a flat bread like piece on the day of judgement, and this makes perfect sense.

Other untrue claims may have simply been minority report echos (heard people say it so simply repeated) as an exhortation to individually think. ;)

Ümit
05-28-2018, 10:49 AM
In my honoust opinion, a muslim should be someone who only lives by the truth, who is trustworthy, who is honoust....who can be a good example for his surroundings.
Saying that you do not believe that the Earth is round is rejecting an overwhelming amount of evidences for it and therefore rejecting the truth.
undeniable proof for it are the observations of the stars, sun and moon, how satellites work, constellations, flight times, etc, etc.

So, a good honoust muslim should not believe in a flat earth.

- - - Updated - - -

In my honoust opinion, a muslim should be someone who only lives by the truth, who is trustworthy, who is honoust....who can be a good example for his surroundings.
Saying that you do not believe that the Earth is round is rejecting an overwhelming amount of evidences for it and therefore rejecting the truth.
undeniable proof for it are the observations of the stars, sun and moon, how satellites work, constellations, flight times, etc, etc.

So, a good honoust muslim should not believe in a flat earth.

Scimitar
05-28-2018, 10:58 AM
If one is truly concerned about the shape of this planet, one should become an astronaut to verify for his or herself ;)

czgibson
05-28-2018, 12:15 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by Bushwackk
If one is truly concerned about the shape of this planet, one should become an astronaut to verify for his or herself ;)
Or just go on a plane journey. The curve of the Earth is clearly visible at altitude.

Since the internet makes access to information so easy, you might expect crackpot ideas like flat earth to disappear. It's very surprising that so many people appear to believe it in the 21st century. I suppose in the vast amount of information available people are finding it hard to separate what's true from what's false.

Peace

Scimitar
05-28-2018, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Or just go on a plane journey. The curve of the Earth is clearly visible at altitude.

Since the internet makes access to information so easy, you might expect crackpot ideas like flat earth to disappear. It's very surprising that so many people appear to believe it in the 21st century. I suppose in the vast amount of information available people are finding it hard to separate what's true from what's false.

Peace
It was only visible via concorde, and that is now retired.

Abz2000
05-28-2018, 03:01 PM
I've noticed it from economy class on planes, can't say for certain that it's not an atmospheric phenomenom or convex windows that trick the mind or eyes (and that's possible too), but the overwhelming amount of evidence (some of which i have poted above) pointing to a spherical earth has me convinced that the earth is indeed spherical.

Even yet, if anybody has lost acquaintances or loved ones who have fallen off an edge, please do inform us. I am willing to listen and reconsider - and will certainly accept what i sincerely believe to be true.

Scimitar
05-28-2018, 05:32 PM
Terry Pratchett dies, his fans leaked onto the web and made "flat earth" a thing. He had them all in containment while he was alive!

M.I.A.
05-29-2018, 02:17 PM
Terry Pratchett dies, his fans leaked onto the web and made "flat earth" a thing. He had them all in containment while he was alive!
It's not funny..

Was recently watching the colour of magic and also the hogfather..

Lots of pork references, that I can't remember reading from adolescence.

Some underlying paganistic themes.

Put me off to be honest, but the stories are reasonable in subject matter.. it's just the world lore that's off a bit... on the face of it.

I suppose it's the way of the world. Ironically.

Struggling to get clearance for a new job at the moment.. Just trying to find purpose.

Abz2000
05-29-2018, 03:05 PM
:) fal aaaaaaan.
it is now time for them to bear their own burdens, since he is no longer a watcher over them - and God is.

Btw, why on earth does your username keep reminding me of fishslap?

anatolian
05-29-2018, 03:35 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Just look at the earth behind your astronaut and tell us whether it is round or flat :)

Supernova
05-29-2018, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Just look at the earth behind your astronaut and tell us whether it is round or flat :)
You obviously missed the irony of the joke - look at the visor

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
You obviously missed the irony of the joke - look at the visor

hinabutt
05-31-2018, 11:57 AM
But what about the round earth pictures that they take from space station ?

- - - Updated - - -

But what about the round earth pictures that they take from space station ?

Alamgir
05-31-2018, 09:22 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Asalamu Alaikum

You can't be serious? You can literally SEE the curvature of the Earth if you look far enough.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Asalamu Alaikum

You can't be serious? You can literally SEE the curvature of the Earth if you look far enough.

hinabutt
05-31-2018, 09:34 PM
Exactly. There are so many pics of round earth that they have taken from space stations. PROOF... It's not even up for debate.. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. There are so many pics of round earth that they have taken from space stations. PROOF... It's not even up for debate.. Lol

M.I.A.
05-31-2018, 10:21 PM
Go pro..

https://youtu.be/e6EVBM68jXQ

Not a go pro...

https://youtu.be/hWxAdU_h1to

*X-Files music*

I am kidding ...but only just.

It can be made to look flat..

Moon is also flat..

Ümit
06-01-2018, 07:39 AM
No, unfortunately not that easy.

The first time I heard about this Flat earthers I also thought what rediculous...this is surely a joke, that there are still people out there who actually believe in a flat earth. my curiousity drew me towards their website and I opened an account there because I could easily prove them that the earth was not flat.

that turned out to be an impossible task....because of several reasons:
The first thing is that the most Flat earthers have their own motive to believe in a flat earth. some of them like the idea to be a part of an small elite group who knows something special, and they want to defend that position true or false.
others just like to argue about anything...so no matter what you say, they just go against it and look for arguments to back his statement up.
some are just trolls who pretend to be like flat earth believers but they are just playing along for the fun of it.

together the keep each other active and form the flat earth society....very hard to debate with these people.
true, they have an alternative explanation for every argument you have....but those different explanations are just loose explanations and they do not fit together as a whole.
this gets ignored.
if they get an answer which they cannot explain differently, the answer will be ignored.
some facts will be denied.

any foto is denied because it can be faked, photoshopped etc.
satellites and space is denied...GPS work with ground stations...satellite TV work with ground stations and stratellites...
gravity is denied...gravity does not exist, insted, earth accelerates up constantly with a speed of 9,81m/s2
foto's of the curvature is useless because of the fact that every lens distords light...you can see it in the first video MIA posted with the gopro
at the beginning the curvature seems to be inverted....every lens has this kind of distortion...more or less.

besides, a lot of things are not that obvious when you logically think about it.

the curvature is not automatically a proof of a round Earth. if you we in the middle of a large enough totally flat area, then if you look around you, the horizon would still appear as round.
the fact that ships disappear over the horizon gets denied....their argument: the ship just appears to shrink in size when it travels away from you until it is so small that you cannot see it anymore...if you would look through a pair of binoculars, you would see it again.

The only thing I never saw a counter argument for is the northern star...because that is the only star with a fixed point in the sky in the northern hemisphere and you can determine your latitude with it. on a flat earth, the measurements and calculations does not make sense...but this includes a degree of math and science, so it is too difficult for the average flat earther...so it gets ignored always.

so I just gave up...it is useless to try to convince them, because they do not want to be convinced.

saifuh3
10-04-2018, 03:06 PM
Please provide evidences that proof the earth is globe? That it's rotating at around 1,000 mph at the equator? Any empirical data to prove it?

Remember Science is something that is demonstrable, repeatable, and observable. Please provide proofs that the earth is globe and we can discuss further.

FYI I am a practicing muslim, and a flat earther since 2011.

Flat Earth is Imperative to Islamic Faith!

xboxisdead
10-05-2018, 06:24 AM
OK...just to clarify something about the Earth been flat...THAT IS NOT a lie! Wait..wait..don't go jumping at me...I will tell you why it is not a lie. The Earth we live in now IS NOT FLAT it is globe...the NEW EARTH we will be resurrected from...WILL BE FLAT...NOT even a single pomp on it. The new earth will not have mountains to hide from, nor will there be oceans or trees or rocks..it will be flat and spread far and wide.

So yes...the Earth flat is not a theory but in fact a reality..it just not this Earth..but the new Earth we will be resurrected from.

Discussion closed! :D

Abrahamic_seek
10-05-2018, 06:49 AM
Think about gravity. How would earths gravity be if it was flat. We ahve satellite pictures. You can measure it by the sun and the angle of the shadows at differente places.

Ümit
10-05-2018, 07:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by saifuh3
Please provide evidences that proof the earth is globe? That it's rotating at around 1,000 mph at the equator? Any empirical data to prove it?

Remember Science is something that is demonstrable, repeatable, and observable. Please provide proofs that the earth is globe and we can discuss further.

FYI I am a practicing muslim, and a flat earther since 2011.

Flat Earth is Imperative to Islamic Faith!
I am afraid that this tactic you are trying to use, does not work here...it only works on the flat earth society forum where you can get away with ignoring and denying evidences.

but the evidence you are seeking is Polaris aka the north pole star.

Polaris is pretty easy to find in the night sky:
-locate the big dipper constellation. It contains 7 stars in the form of a frying pan.
-the two outer stars of the bowl of the big dipper are called the pointer stars (if you count from the steel it is the 6th and 7th star)
-now draw a line through these two stars...now in the direction from 6th to 7th star with 5 times the distance, you will find Polaris.

Polaris is a special star because its position is fixed in the sky throughout the night, week, month and year.
make sure you observe this.

in the globe model, the circumference of the earth is around 40.000 km (360 degrees)
the distance from north pole to south pole (180 degrees) is 20.000km
the distance from north pole to equator (90 degrees) is 10.000km

this means 9 degrees for every 1000km distance.

At the equator, the polar should be touching the horizon (0 degrees)
every 1000 km further north and the Polaris should be 9 degrees higher.
At the north pole, Polaris should be at zenith (90 degrees)

Now that you have located polaris, measure the angle it makes with the horizon.
you can measure this with a sextant (about 100 dollars on amazon) or you can use your fist as appoximation
stretch you arm in front of you and measure how many fists it is between horizon and polaris.

one fist should be around 9 degrees.

The angle you measured should match your latitude perfectly at 50 degrees north, the angle of polaris should also be 50 degrees.

Coincidence you say? not convinced? then travel 1000 km further south and the angle should be 9 degrees less (or 1 fist)

Still not convinced? then travel to equator and observe that polaris is touching the horizon...

Not even that convinced you? then travel further south and you will see that the stars seem to turn around another point in the sky but their movement is in opposite direction.

For flat earth, none of these observations makes sense.
With 2 locations you should easily be able to calculate the distance polaris above the earth...but the 3rd location would not match.
besides, on a flat earth it is impossible for polaris to touch the horizon...it should always be some degrees above the horizon, no matter how far south you travel.

having a second point in the sky as a center for stars rotating around it but in opposite direction is another mystery for flat earth.

About the 1000mph at the equator...as you may have noticed the stars seem to rotate around a point in the sky....one whole turn in 24 hours.
so either the sky rotates...or earth rotates.
we know that movement is relative. you always move with reference to something...so which one is moving does not matter much for our observation.
So if the circumference of the earth is 40000km...then this means 40.000/24 = 1667 kmh = 1000mph

So, these should be enough evidences for you. easy to do experiments...and affordable.
just observe and measure...not convinced? travel 1000km and observe and measure again....perfect opportunity if you are already on vacation somewhere so you do not have to travel specially for this.

Abrahamic_seek
10-05-2018, 07:46 AM
Agreed. I don't know what's up with these people but they don't like facts. Don't waste your time trying to debate them.

Ümit
10-05-2018, 08:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrahamic_seek
Agreed. I don't know what's up with these people but they don't like facts. Don't waste your time trying to debate them.
What bothers me about these guys is that they have mountains of evidences against them which they simply deny.
they call themselves "free thinkers" and want to do their own observations and make out their own conclusions...but none of them actually goes outside and observe the world.
they just stay behind their desk and believe in some kind of a story instead.
some of these people even call themselves "Muslim"

How can you be a decent Muslim if you believe in a non-verifiable fable and deny the obvious truth?

I once was curious about them and wondered what makes these people still believe in this nowadays...so I have had some discussions with them on their forum for a while.
It turns out that the whole Flat Earth Society is full with arrogant people who desperately try to be part of a small elite group who "knows" something what the rest of the world don't. it makes them feel special.
others members are just there to argue. anything you say, they try to argue against it or to avoid it...it has become a life challenge to them to argue.
third group are trolls. they pretend to be flat earthers but in fact they are there just for fun.

in short, a large group of impostors and other people you would try to avoid on the streets.

The only reason I debate them here is to show them that Islaam does not support this and they should stop immediately and repent.

azc
10-05-2018, 09:18 AM
@Ümit :

so either the sky rotates...or earth rotates.
Since this earth is the special planet where Lord of this universe is worshipped which makes it the most superior to all the planets including sun, moon etc
And everything prostrates before Allah swt facing the Ka'abah and every moment Baitullah is being circumbulated. So I think this sky rotates around this earth/Ka'abah

"Do you not know that to Allah prostrates whoever is in the heavens and whoever is on the earth - the sun, the moon, the stars, the mountains, the trees, the moving creatures and many of the people? But upon many the punishment has been justified. And he whom Allah humiliates - for him there is none that can bestow honour on him. Indeed, Allah does what He wills." ( Qur'an 22: 18)

"Whatever is in the heavens and on the earth exalts Allah and He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise." ( Qur'an 61: 1)

"The seven heavens and the earth and whatever is in them exalt Him. And there is not a thing except that it exalts (Allah) by His praise, but you do not understand their (way of) exalting. Indeed, He is ever Forbearing and Forgiving." ( Qur'an 17: 44)

Ümit
10-05-2018, 09:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
@Ümit:

Since this earth is the special planet where Lord of this universe is worshipped which makes it the most superior to all the planets including sun, moon etc
And everything prostrates before Allah swt facing the Ka'abah and every moment Baitullah is being circumbulated. So I think this sky rotates around this earth/Ka'abah

"Do you not know that to Allah prostrates whoever is in the heavens and whoever is on the earth - the sun, the moon, the stars, the mountains, the trees, the moving creatures and many of the people? But upon many the punishment has been justified. And he whom Allah humiliates - for him there is none that can bestow honour on him. Indeed, Allah does what He wills." ( Qur'an 22: 18)

"Whatever is in the heavens and on the earth exalts Allah and He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise." ( Qur'an 61: 1)

"The seven heavens and the earth and whatever is in them exalt Him. And there is not a thing except that it exalts (Allah) by His praise, but you do not understand their (way of) exalting. Indeed, He is ever Forbearing and Forgiving." ( Qur'an 17: 44)
What I meant with that is that from technical point of view, movement is relative.

If you have a totally empty space with no walls and edges and just one object hanging in there...there is no way you can say this object is moving or even rotating...because there is no absolute reference point to relate to.

So, if you make Baitullah the reference point...which is technically totally OK (technically, you can choose the reference point anywhere you like)...this means that not only the sky or earth, but the total universe are rotating around the Baitullah. it will not disturb the known model at all.

azc
10-05-2018, 10:03 AM
^One more thing is to be added that Baitullah is located vertically between earth (Ka'abah) and heaven (Baitul Ma'moor)

Mandy
10-05-2018, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hinabutt
Beside, what would be the point of deceiving people on the shape of the earth??? I do not believe the money made from selling earth globes is that impressive that it is worth deceiving people like that!!

saifuh3
10-06-2018, 12:54 AM
My Friend your Condemnation without investigation proves your indoctrination.

NASA and modern astronomy claim Earth is a ball that spins 1,000 mph on its axis while suspended in infinite space. They claim the ball earth also revolves 67,000mph around the sun along with several other similar ball planets. Next they say the Earth, Sun and other ball-planets are all spiralling at 500,000 mph around the outer arm of the Milky Way galaxy. And lastly we are told the entire Milky Way galaxy itself is shooting through the known universe at a mind-numbing 670,000,000 mph! So we are supposedly simultaneously spinning, revolving, spiralling and shooting at 1,000+67,000+500,000+670,000,000 mph! That means every year Each traverses an approximate distance of 5.8 Trillion miles through the universe. Keep these unbelievable astronomical statistics in mind while considering the following facts. WHY HAVEN’T THE CONSTELLATIONS CHANGED IN THOUSAND OF YEARS?? Your claim actually proves earth is stationary and the Polaris is fixed and all other stars revolve around it! Thanks for disproving your point and supporting mine.

And at last, with so many motions and movements taking place simultaneously the glass of water kept on a table doesn't even have ripples. And your senses don't feel any movement around you.!

- - - Updated - - -

Abraham please provide the facts that you are talking about. Give me something measurable, perceivable and demonstrable. Not NASA mumbo-jumbo!

- - - Updated - - -

Umit, please provide mountains of evidence. Then I will provide mine.
And you don't have any authority to judge my religion my belief. It's between me and my Lord. So I suggest you stay out of it.
From the mountain of evidences you have, please find out how many official pictures of earth is released in the past 60 years?? From the time we had satellites in sky supposedly revolving around us, how many official pictures are released of earth? Will save your pain, only 2 pictures of earth is released in past 60 years! Not even a single video of earth rotating and revolving. With such high technology available we should have hours of video of earth's rotation and revolution. They can just turn around Hubble and have it take pictures and videos of earth's movement. You will find none my friend!

And please support your claim and give me just one proof from islamic scripture and hadeeth's that support that earth is rotating and revolving around Sun! And that days and nights are caused by earth's movement as informed by modern science.

- - - Updated - - -

AZC, please see the picture below.
Attachment 6547
Attachment 6548

Ümit
10-06-2018, 03:03 AM
See? That is typical Flat Earth behaviour...you just asked me to give you an evidence for round earth.
I gave you a solid one...backed up with math and common sense.
You cannot talk your way out of that...so you just ignored it.
You try to distract me by starting another topic...which is one of the other FE-tactics.

So now you want me to give you mountains of evidences?
Why?
So you can cherrypick the easiest ones out of them where you have your alternative FE theory of?
And simply ignore the rest of the mountain?
No my friend...you start with this given piece of evidence...then we can move on to the rest of the mountain.

saifuh3
10-10-2018, 05:00 AM
Hi Umit, Thank you. I am unable to send you a message. Please advise how I can send. Need to discuss. Thanks again!

Ümit
10-10-2018, 06:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by saifuh3
Hi Umit, Thank you. I am unable to send you a message. Please advise how I can send. Need to discuss. Thanks again!
Ow hello brother. I forgot that you are a limited member. you cannot send messages yet...I am sorry. you have to wait 25 or 50 messages I believe and then you will become a full member.
until then you cannot send messages.

Sorry about that.

Ishak123
10-11-2018, 03:34 PM
If the Earth really was flat, nighttime wouldnt exist as the the Earth wouldn’t be rotating. Some people might say that the sunlight would only reach in different countries as we orbit, however, the diameter of the sun is 109 times bigger than Earth’s.

azc
10-11-2018, 04:51 PM
http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmes...m=6&Topic=6338

saifuh3
10-12-2018, 04:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ishak123
If the Earth really was flat, nighttime wouldnt exist as the the Earth wouldn’t be rotating. Some people might say that the sunlight would only reach in different countries as we orbit, however, the diameter of the sun is 109 times bigger than Earth’s.
@Ishak123 , Brother, a little bit of effort from your side is needed to understand the flat earth model. Consider earth as a flat circular surface as a pizza, with an enclosed dome like sky on top of the earth. Now the earth is an enclosed system which is dark. Consider Sun and moon, the two illuminating bodies which are closer to earth and of same size, Floating in orbits around the centre of earth (North Pole). Local sun acts as a spot light, and where ever it runs the spotlight moves with it, causing day and night. Find attached picture for illustration.

And speaking with quranic reference, please refer to the following ayats, which always mentions movement of Sun and moon whenever Allah wants to emphasize Day and night. No where in Quran, it is mentioned that the rotation of earth causes days and night. Orbital movement is mentioned, but only for Sun and Moon, but not for earth. Please do your own research.

1. O Beloved (Prophet)! Had you not seen him who quarrelled with Abraham about his Lord because Allah gave him Kingdom? When Abraham said, my Lord is He who gives life and causes death, said he, 'I give life and cause death'. Abraham said, 'Well, Allah brings sun from East: bring it you from the West. 'Thereupon the infidels were confounded and Allah guides not the unjust people. (2:258)

1. Undoubtedly, your Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and earth in six days, then established Himself on the Throne befitting to His Dignity. He covers the night and day by each other following it swiftly, and madethe sun and moon and stars all subservient to His command. Behold! His is the creation and command. Blessed is Allah, the Lord of the Worlds. (7:54)

1. Allah is He who raised up the heavens without the pillars that you can see, and then He settled Himself on the throne as is befitting to His Dignity and made the sun and the moon subservient. Each one runs to a term stated. Allah plans the work and details the signs so that you may believe the meeting with your Lord. (13:2)

1. And He made the sun and moon subservient for you, which are constantly moving, and made the day and night subservient for you. (14:33)

1. And He has made subservient for you. The night and the day and the sun and the moon. And the stars are subservient by His Command. No doubt. In it, there are signs for the wise people. (16:12)

1. And O beloved! You will see the sun when it rises, moves away from their cave to the right and when it sets, turn away from them on the left, whereas they are in the open space of the cave. This is of the signs of Allah. He whom Allah guides is on the right way, and he whom He sends astray, for him you will never find a supporter to guide. (18:17)

1. And it is He Who created the night and the day and the sun and the moon. Each one is floating in a circumference. (21:33)

1. 'O Listener! Have you not seen that Allah brings night in the day and makes the day in the night and He made the sun and the moon to serve, each pursues its course till an appointed time - and that Allah is Aware of your works? (31:29)

1. He brings the night into the day and brings the day into the night and He has engaged the sun and the moon into services; every one run up to an appointed time. This is Allah your Lord, His is the kingdom. And those whom you worship beside Him, own not even the husk of a date palm. (35:13)

1. 10. And a sign for them is the night, We draw off the day therefrom, hence they are in darkness. And the sun runs to its appointed resting-place. This is the commandment of the Dominant, the Knowing. And We have appointed stages for the moon till it becomes again like an old branch of palm tree. It is not for the sun that it might catch the moon and nor the night may supersede the day. And each one is floating in an orbit. (36:37-40)

1. 11. He made the heavens and earth with truth. He rolls the night around the day and He rolls the day around the night and He has employed the sun and the moon into service. Each moves to an appointed term. Do you hear? He is the Dignified, the Forgiving. (39:5)

1. 12. By the sun and its brightness. And by the moon when it follows it. (91:1-2)

Not even one verse can be applied to globe model to make sense. But these verses works perfectly on a flat earth model.

AS for Enclosed Sky, Find verses below:

1. And Who made the earth a bed for you, and the sky a structure and caused water to come down from heaven hence brought forth therewith some fruits for your food, therefore do not set up equals for Allah knowingly. (2:22)

1. And on the day, the sky shall be split as-under with the Clouds and the angels shall be sent down fully in large number. (25:25)

1. Have they then not seen what is before them and what is behind them of the heaven and the earth? If We will We may cause them to sink in the earth or cause a piece of the sky to fall upon them. Undoubtedly, in it is a sign for every bondman repentant. (34:9)

1. And undoubtedly, We adorned the lower heaven with the adornment of the stars. And a safeguard from every contumacious devil (Satan). They can not give ear towards heavenly world and they are pelted from every side. (37:6-8)

1. Allah is He who made the earth for you a resting place(fixed abode) and the heaven as a roof and shaped you, then made your shapes nice and provided you with good things This is Allah your Lord. So blessed is Allah, the Lord of the entire world.(40-64)

1. Have they not looked up to the sky above them, how We have built it and adorned it and that there is no rift therein? (50:6)

1. And if they should see a fragment of the sky falling down, they would say then, it is clouds piled up. (52:44)

1. Allah is, it is He, who made seven heavens, and of the earth their like; the commandment comes down in their midst, so that you may know that Allah can do everything, and the knowledge of Allah encompasses everything.(65:12)

1. Do you not see that Allah has made seven heavens one upon another? (71:15)

1. 10.The sky will be split on account of its grief. The promise of Allah shall be fulfilled. (73:18)

1. 11.And the sky shall be opened up and it will become as doors. (78:19)

I appreciate each person do his own research. AND BELIEVE ME, THERE IS NOT EVEN A SINGLE MEASURABLE, DEMONSTRABLE, AND REPEATABLE EVIDENCE THAT THE EARTH IS ROUND. LET ME GIVE YOU A CHALLENGE, PROVE EARTH IS A GLOBE WITHOUT USING NASA, WITHOUT USING SATELLITE IMAGES, WITHOUT ANY SPACE MUMBO JUMBO MODERN SCIENCE PRESENTS. PLEASE DEMONSTRATE IT. I CAN GIVE YOU 100 REPEATABLE PROVES AND DEMONSTRABLE PROVES ABOUT EARTH BEING FLAT.

THERE ARE NOT MANY EVIDENCES OF GLOBE EARTH, IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT!!

THANKS.

Ümit
10-12-2018, 09:51 AM
@saifuh3 :

Here is one easy demonstrable repeatable evidence for you to consider:
Observe sunrise and sunset. notice that the sun rises and sets in full size bottom first behind the horizon. It does not shrink in size until it vanishes like it would if your model was true. Instead, it is approximately the same size throughout the day and you can see that it slowly sinks behind the horizon during sunset and slowly vanishes.

If the earth were flat and the sun would orbit above our heads around the north pole, like you said...you would see something totally different...the sun would always be somewhere above the horizon...it would grow in size during sunrise and shrink and vanish during sunset...this is clearly not the case.
This same observation is also the evidence for the horizon...that things vanish behind it bottom first...also not possible on a flat earth.

saifuh3
10-13-2018, 06:05 AM
@Umit.

That is a good point. But we have an explanation for that on Flat Earth Model. It is Perspective and Atmospheric Lensing. The atmosphere which contains water vapour, humidity and many gases acts like a lens, which magnifies the sun while sunrise and sunset. At the horizon, the composition of gases is at maximum. Unlike modern science, I am not putting claim without an actual experiment. Find below youtube link, where this phenomenon is explained using a candle light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ5wo_NKjtQ

And as for setting behind horizon, please find link to the video which shows, on a clear day at perfect conditions, by using modern technology like drones and Nikon P900 Cameras, it is possible to record the Sun no setting below horizon, but vanishing while still above horizon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8pHp5p8JZk

And while we are at viewing distance and horizon, one of the biggest proof of the Globe Earth is that, the ship at a sea when seen from shore, disappear bottom first, as explained by a showman scientist in the Video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SrZn1K5zoo

People could have been easy to deceive as they didn't have tools/tech to challenge their claims. But now with advent of high zoom cameras like, Nikon P900, we can bring back a ship in the view which is at more than 50 miles away from the shore. Find below the link to video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouEiDGyfM50

it's not the curve, it's your viewing capacity, that makes the ship disappear at a distance.

All these videos are amateur, and all the claims you make against flat earth, are subsided with the comments above. I have given you repeatable, demonstrable experiment to prove flat earth. I request you to please give me same for globe earth.

Thank you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.