/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Weak Hadith Compilation

ZeeshanParvez
06-13-2018, 10:17 AM
This thread is meant to collect weak ahadiith which are widespread among people. The section will point out the scholars who graded the hadith to be weak.

Note a weak hadith does not mean that it is a false hadith. It means that there is a high possibility of an error in it.

The Rightly Guided Caliphs narrated very few hadith out of fear of attributing something to the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) which he had not said.

عرَف الصحابة منزلة السُّنَّة

The Companions recognized the rank of the Sunnah

واحتاطوا في رواية الحديث عن النبي -صلى الله عليه وسلم- خشية الوقوع في الخطأ

And they were careful in narrating hadith from the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) because they feared making mistakes.

وكان سيدنا عمر شديد الإنكار على مَن أكثر الرواية وكان يأمر بأن يُقِلوا من الرواية

Umar used to severely criticize those who narrated too many narrations and would command them to narrate few narrations

وقد كان المنهج العام عند الصحابة هو: التشدد في رواية الحديث

And the manhaj of the masses of the Companions was severe strictness in regards to narrating hadith.

والتزم جمهور الصحابة في الخلافة الراشدة منهج عمر بن الخطاب -رضي الله عنه- خشية أن يقعوا في الخطأ

And the majority of the Companions adhered to the manhaj of Umar (Allaah is pleased with him), during the khilaafah al-raashidah, fearing that they would fall into (making) mistakes (if they narrated too many hadith)

This was the way of the Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) who spent their lives with the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam).

There is no doubt that there were those Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) who narrated a lot of hadith. However, they were always very careful.

Today, we have gone so far of the path that we narrate everything we hear and do not even take 1 minute to explain the opinions of the scholars on a given hadith.

We live dangerous lives.

Those who can read Arabic should invest the time to read the following book

منهاج المحدثين في القرن الأول الهجري وحتى عصرنا الحاضر

It is important to inform your audience when you narrate a weak hadith. The rank and sanctity of the Messenger of Allaah (Sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) is unlike any other.

The best of creation after the Prophets (peace be upon them all) were warned that if they raise their voice over his (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) all their deeds would go to waste.

O you who have believed, do not raise your voices above the voice of the Prophet or be loud to him in speech like the loudness of some of you to others, lest your deeds become worthless while you perceive not.

[Qur'aan 49:2]

They were not allowed to call out to him (sallallaahu alayi wa sallam) as they did to one another.

Do not make [your] calling of the Messenger among yourselves as the call of one of you to another. Already Allah knows those of you who slip away, concealed by others. So let those beware who dissent from the Prophet's order, lest fitnah strike them or a painful punishment.

[Qur'aan 24:63]

Lying on him (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) is not like lying on anyone else.

Narrated al-Mughira:

I heard the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) saying, "Ascribing false things to me is not like ascribing false things to anyone else. Whosoever tells a lie against me intentionally then surely let him occupy his seat in Hell-Fire." I heard the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) saying, "The deceased who is wailed over is tortured for that wailing."

[Sahih al-Bukhaari]

Imaam Muslim said,

"It Is Sinful To Report Something From A Weak Narrator Without Making Its Weakness Clear: He says in the introduction of his ‘saheeh’: "But they made it incumbent upon themselves to reveal the weaknesses of hadeeth narrators and they gave fatwaa according to that – because of the great danger involved in it, since the narrations about matters of Deen convey allowance (Tahleel) and Prohibition (Tahreem), or orders and things which are forbidden, or encouragement and warning (targheeb wa tarheeb), so if the narrator is not truthful and trustworthy – then someone who narrates from him, knowing that, and does not make his weakness clear to others who do not know him, then he is sinful through that action, deceiving the common Muslims – since he cannot be sure that some of those who hear those narration’s will not use some or all of them, and perhaps they – or most of them – are lies which have no basis. And the authentic narrations form reliable narrators and people of precision are so plentiful that there is no need of the narration of someone who is not reliable"

Introduction Sahih Muslim

It only follows that one exercise extreme caution when narrating hadith and ensure that if they are weak one makes mention of it for the betterment of his own hereafter.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
06-13-2018, 03:11 PM
Amazing!
Maybe Allah has decided to be more kind to us in bringing about this apparent justly positive shift in thinking - and hopefully there's a genuine will for the seeking of justice and truth in the above article.

Respectful acknowledgement.

Yes, we can only do our best to be as truthful and informative as possible when conveying beneficial information.

ZeeshanParvez
07-07-2018, 09:06 AM
Recently a person posted the following hadith in a group

One day Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) asked Jibril, “Have you ever traveled at full speed?”

Jibril said, “Yes, on four occasions.”

Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) asked, “What were the four occasions?”

Jibril said, “First time was when Ibrahim (‘alayhis salam) was placed in Nimrud’s fire. At the time I was near the Arsh. Allah ordered me to cool the fire. I left the Arsh and descended seven heavens in time.

Second time was when Ibrahim (‘alayhis salam) was about to sacrifice his son Isma’il (‘alayhis salam) in Mina. Allah ordered me to replace his son with a lamb, before Ibrahim (‘alayhis salam) struck with his knife.

Third time was when, the brothers of Yusuf (‘alayhis salam) threw him into the well. Allah ordered me to save Yusuf (‘alayhis salam), I rushed and placed my wing underneath Yusuf (‘alayhis salam) before he reached the bottom of the well.

And the final time was when you, O Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam), injured your tooth at the battle of Uhud. Allah Ta’ala ordered me to stop your blood reaching the ground, otherwise no plant or tree would grow, till the end of the world. Hearing this, I rushed and saved your blood with my wings.”

The hadith has no basis. It has no chain. It is not present in any reliable book of hadith. It is wrong to share such a fabricated report.

Source

ZeeshanParvez
07-08-2018, 10:37 AM
Below is a weak hadith. The scholars, however, have accepted it and said it is authentic in meaning based on the authentic hadith which are mentioned below it. They have also used this hadith to formulate principles which apply to a number of issues

Narrated Asmar ibn Mudarris:

I came to the Prophet (ﷺ), and took the oath of allegiance to him. He said: If anyone reaches a water which has not been approached before by any Muslim, it belongs to him. The people, therefore, went out running and marking (on the land).

[Sunan Abi Dawud] -

This is a weak
hadith but accepted to be authentic in meaning based on the following authentic ahaadith

Narrated `Aisha:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "He who cultivates land that does not belong to anybody is more rightful (to own it)." `Urwa said, "`Umar gave the same verdict in his Caliphate."

[Sahih al-Bukhaari]

Narrated Sa'id ibn Zayd:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said: If anyone brings barren land into cultivation, it belongs to him, and the unjust vein has no right.

[Jaami al-Tirmidhi]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Huzzy_786
08-27-2018, 10:19 PM
I think along with this, it is important to understand the Principles of Hadith Verification and Acceptance:

https://siblingsofilm.com/principles...on-acceptance/

Principles of Hadith Verification and Acceptance - Siblings Of Ilm
Based on Shaykh Mufti Taqi Usmani’s notes in the introduction to-Dars Tirmidhi-(1/80-86), compiled by Shaykh Waqar Gulam Dastaguir and checked & edited by Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam. The science of hadith deals with both the narrating (riwaya) and deep comprehension (diraya) of Prophetic statements. In the section of deep comprehension, it further divides into-fiqh al-hadith-(understanding…...

فصيح الياسين
08-28-2018, 11:50 AM
I don't get the purpose of this blog....

Alamgir
08-28-2018, 02:47 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

While we're on the topic of weak ahadith, it's worth mentioning that the story about Rasulullah (Peace Be Upon Him) visiting an old sick lady who used to throw rubbish on him is completely fabricated.

The version of Rasulullah's (Peace Be Upon Him) last sermon that most people read is also NOT the authentic last sermon, most of it is correct but some of it is pure fabrication, with no origin in the actual last sermon recorded by early Muslims.

فصيح الياسين
08-28-2018, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Khorasani
Asalamu Alaikum

While we're on the topic of weak ahadith, it's worth mentioning that the story about Rasulullah (Peace Be Upon Him) visiting an old sick lady who used to throw rubbish on him is completely fabricated.

The version of Rasulullah's (Peace Be Upon Him) last sermon that most people read is also NOT the authentic last sermon, most of it is correct but some of it is pure fabrication, with no origin in the actual last sermon recorded by early Muslims.
How did u got tht its fabricated dear brother. And what if its fabricated i mean what should we do with daeef hadith then

Alamgir
08-28-2018, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فصيح الياسين
How did u got tht its fabricated dear brother. And what if its fabricated i mean what should we do with daeef hadith then
There is no source for the subject, that's how I know it's fabricated. The scholars have said the same thing.

Most scholars agree that daif ahadith are to be rejected.

anatolian
08-28-2018, 04:08 PM
Which one is a better source to believe or act upon? Weak hadith or qiyas?

space
08-28-2018, 04:27 PM
what about this one? "If anyone proudly asserts his descent in the manner of the pre-Islamic people, tell him to bite his father's penis, and do not use a euphemism"

فصيح الياسين
08-28-2018, 04:30 PM
There is no source for the subject, that's how I know it's fabricated. The scholars have said the same thing.

Most scholars agree that daif ahadith are to be rejected.
It will be good to gain briefly frm schlors tht which daeef should be rejected and which not.
Secondly its not good thing to say its daeef to people until u not knw why its daeef.
Cuz saying daeef is only due to 2 reasons one is tht narrator in chain got some issues or the main hadith quoted odd and this second one is which is extremely rare

So sorry to say dear bro i wont accept tht its daeef

Alamgir
08-28-2018, 04:59 PM
It will be good to gain briefly frm schlors tht which daeef should be rejected and which not.
Secondly its not good thing to say its daeef to people until u not knw why its daeef.
Cuz saying daeef is only due to 2 reasons one is tht narrator in chain got some issues or the main hadith quoted odd and this second one is which is extremely rare

So sorry to say dear bro i wont accept tht its daeef
Daif ahadith are to be rejected as per most scholars, but some say they can be accepted if they meet certain criteria, e.g have multiple isnad's. When it comes to daif ahadith, one should deal with them on a case by case basis rather than lumping them all into one pile.

If the majority of the muhaddithin agree that a hadith is daif, then we can say it's daif. It's only if you disagree with ahlus sunnah wal jama'ah that you would have to give your reasons why.

I never said that the version of Rasulullah's (Peace Be Upon Him) last sermon that most people read is daif, nor did I say the same for the story about Rasulullah (Peace Be Upon Him) visiting an old sick lady who used to throw rubbish on him. I said that the former contains some fabrications, and that the latter is completely fabricated. Want to prove me wrong? Show me ahadith and siyar that prove your position, as well as scholars that attest to your opinion.

فصيح الياسين
08-28-2018, 05:16 PM
Daif ahadith are to be rejected as per most scholars, but some say they can be accepted if they meet certain criteria, e.g have multiple isnad's. When it comes to daif ahadith, one should deal with them on a case by case basis rather than lumping them all into one pile.

If the majority of the muhaddithin agree that a hadith is daif, then we can say it's daif. It's only if you disagree with ahlus sunnah wal jama'ah that you would have to give your reasons why.

I never said that the version of Rasulullah's (Peace Be Upon Him) last sermon that most people read is daif, nor did I say the same for the story about Rasulullah (Peace Be Upon Him) visiting an old sick lady who used to throw rubbish on him. I said that the former contains some fabrications, and that the latter is completely fabricated. Want to prove me wrong? Show me ahadith and siyar that prove your position, as well as scholars that attest to your opinion.
May be i am seeing this wrong
And secondly which letter??
Thirdly dear bro u really un worthy to challenge me in these subjects unless u r scholars then i sure believe tht allah gave u knowledge
Thus aggression is not good stances as i also not took upon u
And fourth tht ahadith daeef system or pattern u to told all about is for masail ahadeeth
Not of fazail and fawazil ahadeeth...

Alamgir
08-28-2018, 09:24 PM
May be i am seeing this wrong
And secondly which letter??
Thirdly dear bro u really un worthy to challenge me in these subjects unless u r scholars then i sure believe tht allah gave u knowledge
Thus aggression is not good stances as i also not took upon u
And fourth tht ahadith daeef system or pattern u to told all about is for masail ahadeeth
Not of fazail and fawazil ahadeeth...
I apologise for my previous statement about the last sermon, I was wrong. It contains no fabrications as far as I am currently aware. However, my other statement is still correct. Here is some evidence:

http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2011/...h-be-upon-him/

فصيح الياسين
08-29-2018, 03:31 AM
I apologise for my previous statement about the last sermon, I was wrong. It contains no fabrications as far as I am currently aware. However, my other statement is still correct. Here is some evidence:

http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2011/...h-be-upon-him/
Now thts the brotherhood dear.
Thanks for evidence and i apologies too as may be my words were harshed too.
So the jewish woman story is on people's tongue not in the books... but problem
Is i read it somewhere but been forgotten where i read...

space
12-13-2018, 08:03 PM
narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Awsat, al-Haakim, al-Bayhaqi in Shu’ab al-Eemaan and others that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Love the Arabs for three reasons, because I am an Arab, the Qur’aan is Arabic and the speech of the people of Paradise is Arabic.”

ZeeshanParvez
02-20-2019, 02:46 AM
There were two men who went to the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) so that he (sallallaahu alahyhi wa sallam) would decide between them in regards to a matter. When he (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) decided the matter, the one who the decision went against said to the other: Let's take this matter to Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) so that he can decide between us.

When they went to Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him), he asked if the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) had passed judgement in regards to the matter. They said he had.

He told them to wait and that he would come back to pass judgement. He got hold of his sword and cut off the head of the person who had said to his companion that we should go to Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) to pass judgement.

We have all heard this narration from certain sects in our masaajid during the Friday sermon.

It is a weak hadith. It is weak because it is mursal and because one of the narrators in the chain is weak. It is weak because of two reasons.

The Arabic of the Hadith is:

[عن أبي الأسود الدؤلي:] اختصم رجلانِ إلى النبيِّ ﷺ فقضى بينهما فقال الذي قضى عليه رُدَّنا إلى عمرَ بنِ الخطابِ فقال رسولُ اللهِ ﷺ انطلِقا إليه فلما أتَياه قال الرجلُ يا ابنَ الخطابِ إنَّ هذا قضى لي عليه رسولُ اللهِ ﷺ فقال رُدَّنا إلى عمرَ فردَّنا إليك فقال عمرُ أكذلك قال نعم قال فقال عمرُ مكانَكما حتى أخرجَ إليكما فأَقضيَ بينكما فخرج عليهما مُشتمِلًا سيفًا فضرب عُنُقَ الذي قال رُدَّنا إلى عمرَ وأدبر الآخرُ فارًّا إلى رسولِ اللهِ ﷺ فقال يا رسولَ اللهِ عمرُ قتل صاحبي ولولا أني أعجِزتُه لقتَلني فقال رسولُ اللهِ ﷺ ما كنتُ أظنُّ أن يجترئَ عمرُ على قتل مؤمنٍ فأنزل اللهُ تعالَى فَلَا وَرَبِّكَ لَا يُؤْمِنُونَ الآية فهدَر دمَ ذلك الرجلَ وبرئ عمرُ من قتلِه

الزيلعي (٧٦٢ هـ)، تخريج الكشاف ١/٣٣٠ • مرسل و[فيه] ابن لهيعة ضعيف • أخرجه ابن أبي حاتم في «تفسيره» (٥٥٦٠) باختلاف يسير.

The Hadiith is weak because

• It is Mursal
  • It contains ابن لهيعة who is weak

Some have contested that since the hadith has been narrated by means of several chains of narrators it is acceptable.

However, the safer approach in regards to this narration is to inform your audience that it is weak. It might be true that the above incident took place and it is possible that it did not.

We must exercise extreme caution when narrating hadith lest we become subject of the following

It was narrated from that 'Ali said:

"The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: 'Do not tell lies about me, for telling lies about me leads to Hell (Fire)."

Sunan Ibn Maajah

Imaam Muslim
has collected the following in his Sahih Muslim...how true is what had been said back then even today!

Muhammad bin Abi Attaab narrated to me, he said Affaan narrated to me on the authority of Muhammad bin Yahyaa bin Sa'iid al-Qattaan on the authority of his father who said:

We donot see the righteous more false in anything than they are in regards to hadiith.

Ibn Abii Attaab said: So Muhammad bin Yahyaa bin Sa'iid al-Qattaan and I met and I asked him about it and he said on the authority of his father:

You will not see the people of good (ahl al-khair) more false in anything than they are regarding hadiith.

Muslim said:
He was saying that falsehood flows upon their tongues although they do not intend to lie.

azc
02-20-2019, 07:12 AM
@ZeeshanParvez :

Following questions come in my mind, plz clarify them.

1: Is weak hadith synonym of fabricated hadith..?

2: If the Author of the book being the narrator of hadith doesn't discuss weakness/fabrication of hadith then should he be considered lying on prophet :saws: ..?

bint e aisha
02-21-2019, 08:10 AM
Assalamu alaikum

It would have been good if these efforts were made to collect fabricated/mawdhu ahadith. Just some thoughts..

ZeeshanParvez
02-25-2019, 02:30 AM
Another hadiith which is often narrated by certain sects in our masaajid which is weak is the following

ما من رجل بار ينظر إلى والديه أو والدته نظرة رحمة ، إلا كتب الله عز وجل تلك النظرة حجة متقبلة مبرورة ، قالوا : يا رسول الله ، وإن نظر في اليوم مائة مرة ؟ قال : الله أكبر من ذلك

There is no man who looks at his parents with a look of mercy except that Allaah writes for him the reward of a complete accepted Hajj because of that glance. They asked: O Messenger of Allaah what if he looks at them 100 times in a day.

He has been attributed to have said: Allaah is greater than that.

The hadith is weak.

We live in an era where people have no shame. They are intellectually dishonest. They narrate weak ahadiith without even informing their audience that these hadiith are weak so they may have been said or may not have or may contain errors. They don't even mention the chain of narrators. This was a grave error among the scholars of the past. They always mentioned the hadiith with the chain so that the other person could verify the hadiith. Today - in an era of extreme ignorance - people just like to take the spot on the pulpit and tell their audience half the story.

This hadiith contains
صالح بن موسى وهو متروك

al-Haythami said:

He is abandoned.

Imagine having a narrator who has been abandoned by the scholars of hadiith and yet you narrate that hadiith without informing your audience that about this. How horrible!

The Hadiith has four routes all of which are extremely weak with one of the routes having the following liar in it!!!!

نهشل بن سعيد

Be very careful when you hear someone narrating a hadiith. Always confirm its authenticity.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Alamgir
Asalamu Alaikum

Yes. That has no basis.

azc
02-25-2019, 04:25 AM
A good thread on weak hadith:
https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/is...0%2C8264901896

ZeeshanParvez
02-25-2019, 07:44 AM
Another hadith which has no basis which those who sit on the pulpits in our masaajid love to spread among ppl is that of the Jewish neighbor who would throw garbage in front of the door of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam). Then, he fell sick and the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) inquired about him.

This one is not just weak. Rather, it has no basis at all. Yet, they sit on the pulpits and spread it among ppl. They even have it written down in the books of the school curriculum in countries like Pakistan.

And along these lines is the following which is spread among ppl. This narration has no basis either. Yet, certain sects love to confuse ppl with it.

امرأة عجوز في زمن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم ، هربت من مكة خوفا مما سمعته عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم . وحدث أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم رآها - وكانت تريد أن ترفع بعض الأشياء لتحملها أثناء محاولتها حملها - فلما رأت منه ذلك دخلت في الإسلام

There was an old woman during the time of the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam). She was fleeing from Makkaah out of fear of what she had heard about the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam). The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) saw her and she needed certain of her things to be carried.

He (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) carried them for her.

She told him he was a wonderful person and so she warns him against this man called Muhammad. She said whoever listens to him becomes a Muslim. She told him to be careful of him. When she reached where she had to reach and the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) put down her things, she said you are so nice.

What is your name?

He said I am the Muhammad you were talking about. She became Muslim upon hearing that.

No basis. It is not present in the books of hadiith. It has no chain! Yet, these sects will tell you this weak and possibly fabricated incident for generations.

Do not forget what the Salaf said:

The chain of narrators is the specialty of this Ummah. Had it not been for the chain, anyone would have said what they willed to say

We live in a horrible era where ppl say whatever makes their heart happy. They have strayed from the path of the Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) who were so cautious in narrating hadiith even though they spent every minute with the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam).

Today, we have those who oppose the methodology of the Companions and the Salaf and want to not only narrate weak hadiith but want to justify it.

May Allaah save us from straying from the path of the Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them all).

bint e aisha
02-25-2019, 07:56 AM
Fabricated Narrations - Stop quoting them

ZeeshanParvez
02-28-2019, 10:12 AM
أَنَّ رَجُلًا جَاءَ إلَى عُمَرَ يَشْكُو إلَيْهِ خُلُقَ زَوْجَتِهِ فَوَقَفَ بِبَابِهِ يَنْتَظِرُهُ فَسَمِعَ امْرَأَتَهُ تَسْتَطِيلُ عَلَيْهِ بِلِسَانِهَا وَهُوَ سَاكِتٌ لَا يَرُدُّ عَلَيْهَا ، فَانْصَرَفَ الرَّجُلُ قَائِلًا : إذَا كَانَ هَذَا حَالَ أَمِيرِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ عُمَرَ بْنِ الْخَطَّابِ فَكَيْفَ حَالِي ؟ فَخَرَجَ عُمَرُ فَرَآهُ مُوَلِّيًا فَنَادَاهُ : مَا حَاجَتُك يَا أَخِي ؟ فَقَالَ : يَا أَمِيرَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ جِئتُ أَشْكُو إلَيْك خُلُقَ زَوْجَتِي وَاسْتِطَالَتَهَا عَلَيَّ فَسَمِعْتُ زَوْجَتَكَ كَذَلِكَ فَرَجَعْت وَقُلْت : إذَا كَانَ هَذَا حَالَ أَمِيرِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ مَعَ زَوْجَتِهِ فَكَيْفَ حَالِي ؟ فَقَالَ لَهُ عُمَرُ : إنَّمَا تَحَمَّلْتُهَا لِحُقُوقٍ لَهَا عَلَيَّ : إنَّهَا طَبَّاخَةٌ لِطَعَامِي خَبَّازَةٌ لِخُبْزِي غَسَّالَةٌ لِثِيَابِي رَضَّاعَةٌ لِوَلَدِي ، وَلَيْسَ ذَلِكَ بِوَاجِبٍ عَلَيْهَا ، وَيَسْكُنُ قَلْبِي بِهَا عَنْ الْحَرَامِ ، فَأَنَا أَتَحَمَّلُهَا لِذَلِكَ ، فَقَالَ الرَّجُلُ : يَا أَمِيرَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَكَذَلِكَ زَوْجَتِي ؟ قَالَ : فَتَحَمَّلْهَا يَا أَخِي فَإِنَّمَا هِيَ مُدَّةٌ يَسِيرَةٌ .

A man came to Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) to complain about the manners of his wife. When he reached he stood at his door waiting.

He heard his (i.e. Umar's) wife talking to him sharply with her tongue. He was quiet and did not respond to her.

The man left thinking: If this is the state of the Commander of the believers than what about my state?

This is a baseless narration. It has no chain!

Yet, they sit on pulpits in our masaajid and narrate this!

No chain.

The Salaf said:

If it had not been for the chain anyone would have narrated whatever they wanted!

Be ware of what people tell you. Always check the authenticity of what is being narrated to you.

This baseless and chainless narration first appeared in the following books

حاشيته على شرح المنهج
تنبيه الغافلين
الزواجر

None of these books contain any chain!

Instead of acting responsibly and not promoting such baseless narrations, we have people sit on the pulpits in our masaajid and narrate this to the people.

How far they have strayed from the path of the Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them).

Continue to speak the truth as it enrages the hypocrites.

فصيح الياسين
02-28-2019, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
أَنَّ رَجُلًا جَاءَ إلَى عُمَرَ يَشْكُو إلَيْهِ خُلُقَ زَوْجَتِهِ فَوَقَفَ بِبَابِهِ يَنْتَظِرُهُ فَسَمِعَ امْرَأَتَهُ تَسْتَطِيلُ عَلَيْهِ بِلِسَانِهَا وَهُوَ سَاكِتٌ لَا يَرُدُّ عَلَيْهَا ، فَانْصَرَفَ الرَّجُلُ قَائِلًا : إذَا كَانَ هَذَا حَالَ أَمِيرِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ عُمَرَ بْنِ الْخَطَّابِ فَكَيْفَ حَالِي ؟ فَخَرَجَ عُمَرُ فَرَآهُ مُوَلِّيًا فَنَادَاهُ : مَا حَاجَتُك يَا أَخِي ؟ فَقَالَ : يَا أَمِيرَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ جِئتُ أَشْكُو إلَيْك خُلُقَ زَوْجَتِي وَاسْتِطَالَتَهَا عَلَيَّ فَسَمِعْتُ زَوْجَتَكَ كَذَلِكَ فَرَجَعْت وَقُلْت : إذَا كَانَ هَذَا حَالَ أَمِيرِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ مَعَ زَوْجَتِهِ فَكَيْفَ حَالِي ؟ فَقَالَ لَهُ عُمَرُ : إنَّمَا تَحَمَّلْتُهَا لِحُقُوقٍ لَهَا عَلَيَّ : إنَّهَا طَبَّاخَةٌ لِطَعَامِي خَبَّازَةٌ لِخُبْزِي غَسَّالَةٌ لِثِيَابِي رَضَّاعَةٌ لِوَلَدِي ، وَلَيْسَ ذَلِكَ بِوَاجِبٍ عَلَيْهَا ، وَيَسْكُنُ قَلْبِي بِهَا عَنْ الْحَرَامِ ، فَأَنَا أَتَحَمَّلُهَا لِذَلِكَ ، فَقَالَ الرَّجُلُ : يَا أَمِيرَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَكَذَلِكَ زَوْجَتِي ؟ قَالَ : فَتَحَمَّلْهَا يَا أَخِي فَإِنَّمَا هِيَ مُدَّةٌ يَسِيرَةٌ .

A man came to Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) to complain about the manners of his wife. When he reached he stood at his door waiting.

He heard his (i.e. Umar's) wife talking to him sharply with her tongue. He was quiet and did not respond to her.

The man left thinking: If this is the state of the Commander of the believers than what about my state?

This is a baseless narration. It has no chain!

Yet, they sit on pulpits in our masaajid and narrate this!

No chain.

The Salaf said:

If it had not been for the chain anyone would have narrated whatever they wanted!

Be ware of what people tell you. Always check the authenticity of what is being narrated to you.

This baseless and chainless narration first appeared in the following books

حاشيته على شرح المنهج
تنبيه الغافلين
الزواجر

None of these books contain any chain!

Instead of acting responsibly and not promoting such baseless narrations, we have people sit on the pulpits in our masaajid and narrate this to the people.

How far they have strayed from the path of the Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them).

Continue to speak the truth as it enrages the hypocrites.
[emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20]

ZeeshanParvez
03-12-2019, 07:48 AM
Talking in the masjid eats up good deeds like fire eats up wood

Baatil!

This narration has no basis

Haafiz al-'iraaqi said:

I have not found any basis for it

Abd al-Wahhaab bin Taqi al-Diin al-Subki said:

I did not find any chain for it

Sheikh al-albaani said:

It has no basis

ZeeshanParvez
03-12-2019, 09:59 AM
Beware of jealousy for it eats up good deeds like fire eats up wood

This hadith is weak.

It has been narrated by an unknown many from Abu Hurairah (may Allaah be pleased with him).

When someone is unknown then we do not know his state. Was he a liar? Was he weak? Hence, such a hadiith is not fit to be spread among the people when you do not know the state of a person.

You could be attributing a lie to the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam)

The second version has been reported in Ibn Maajah

That has the following narrator in it

'iisaa bin abii 'iisaa al-hannaaT

He is matruuk (abandoned)

There is no doubt that jealousy is haraam. And it is waajib to be on guard from it. There are other authentic evidences for this.

You don't have to go about spreading weak ahadiith among people to prove this.

bint e aisha
03-12-2019, 05:37 PM

This hadith is weak.

It has been narrated by an unknown many from Abu Hurairah (may Allaah be pleased with him).

When someone is unknown then we do not know his state. Was he a liar? Was he weak? Hence, such a hadiith is not fit to be spread among the people when you do not know the state of a person.

You could be attributing a lie to the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam)

There is no doubt that jealousy is haraam. And it is waajib to be on guard from it. There are other authentic evidences for this.

Assalamu alaikum

This hadith is Hasan according to ibn Hajr. How can you call it weak?

https://abuaminaelias.com/dailyhadit...destroys-wood/

فصيح الياسين
03-12-2019, 06:23 PM

This hadith is weak.

Dear bro u r going high in this matter. I know u dont have hadith knowledge thus plz bro dont say it as a batil. A person in hadith is matrok doesnt mean this hadith is fully fabricated.
In ilm ul hadith not only chain of narrators been disscussed but also the main text been discussed too and after that many many things.
There are many popular people who cut their chain and hide their teachers and directly narates from companions like ibrahim nakheii. He cuts off his teachers about two or one and narrates from companion though no one ever said him he his mutrooq or this or that
Secondly sufyan soori well knwon narrator and he is sahib tadlees too i.e hide his teacher name only.
Its my little advice to not interfere in hadith matters like this.
Remember its known matter in jurisdiction that a simple person if disqualify any hadith is kafir and out of islam while if an alim or scholars disqualify hadith khbr e wahid he is not due to knowledge because he do have other reasons to disqualify or object while a simple person objected on a hafith upon which bases??
Thats why kindly go softly

ZeeshanParvez
03-13-2019, 11:02 AM
He who sleeps after the Asr prayer and then loses his mind only has himself to blame

Baatil. Fabricated.

This is not even a Hadith!

Yet, you find people spreading this baatil saying among people telling them it is a hadiith

Ibn al-Jawzi and al-Dhahabi both included it among their list of fabricated ahadiith

- - - Updated - - -

The disagreement of my Ummah is a Rahmah

This is baatil.

al-albaani included it among fabricated ahadiith

Ibn Hazm said it is baatil and a lie.

وقال فيه ابن حزم: باطل مكذوب

- - - Updated - - -

My Companions are like stars. Whichever of them you follow, you will be guided

Ibn Hazm says it is a lie and fabricated. It is baatil and not authentic at all

قال ابن حزم : خبر مكذوب موضوع باطل لم يصح قط."الإحكام في أصول الأحكام"(5/64) و (6/82) . وقال الألباني: موضوع

al-albaani
said it is fabricated

It's chain is as follows

سلام بن سليم ، قال : حدثنا الحارث بن غصين ، عن الأعمش ، عن أبي سفيان ، عن جابر

Sallaam bin Sulaim is nothing

Ibn Hibbaan said he would narrate fabricated ahadiith from the reliable ones

Ibn Ma'iin said he is nothing

The other chain is

سليمان ابن أبي كريمة عن جويبر عن الضحاك عن ابن عباس

This chain includes two narrators who are weak

سليمان ابن أبي كريمة
جويبر

The first is weak and latter is matruuk!

As for al-Dahhaak he is ابن مزاحم الهلالي and he did not meet Ibn Abbaas

The other chain is

نعيم ابن حماد حدثنا عبد الرحيم بن زيد العمي عن أبيه عن سعيد بن المسيب عن عمر بن الخطاب

This includes the liar

عبد الرحيم بن زيد العمي

And it also contains نعيم بن حماد who is weak

Imaam Ahmad said: This hadith is not authentic
al-Haafiz Ahmad bin Umaruu bin Abd al-KhaaliQ al-Bazzaar said this is not from the speech of the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam)

Ibn Hazm said this is baatil and a lie

Ibn Mulqan said that all of its chains are weak

Ibn al-Qayyim said it has been narrated from routes none of which are established

ZeeshanParvez
03-13-2019, 12:40 PM
There is no 'i'tikaaf without fasting.

The hadiith has been declared weak by the scholars of hadiith.

However, this is the opinion narrated from Ibn Abbaas, Aishah, and Ibn Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them).

Ali and Ibn Mas'uud (may Allaah be pleased with them) hold the opinion that an 'i'tikaaf without a fast would be valid.

From the Jurists, Abu Hanifah, Maalik, al-Laith, and al-Thawri hold the opinion that a 'i'tikaaf can only be done with a fast while the other opinion is held by Sa'iid bin al-Musayyib, Umar bin Abd al-aziiz, al-Hasan, 'aTaa', Taa'uus, al-Shaafi'i, and 'ishaaQ.

If one was to apply the Juristic principle of exiting the difference of opinion is mustahabb (الخروج من الخلاف مستحب) here then one would fast when he intends to enter a supererogatory 'i'tikaaf.

ZeeshanParvez
03-14-2019, 03:11 AM
Siting with the poor is humility and it is the best form of al-Jihaad

This is a fabricated hadith!

It contains Muhammad bin al-Husain al-Sulamii al-Suufi.

He would fabricate ahadiith for the Sufis!

كان أبو عبد الرحمن السلمي غير ثقة ، وكان يضع للصوفية الأحاديث

Imagine fabricating ahadiith to support Sufism?!

The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said:

‘Whoever lies upon me intentionally, then let him take his seat in the Fire’.

Sahiih Muslim

Fabricating ahadiith and attributing them to the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) is doing exactly that!

He lied knowingly upon the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam).

What good was attaining the status of being an Imaam in this temporarily worldly when you ended up doing exactly what the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said would lead you to hell!

May Allaah save us from misguidance

Reference

Bmh2019
03-14-2019, 10:32 AM
Is this Hadith fabricated or non arurhentix
( allah and the prophet saw are at war with-those that involve in usury, they are have curse on them )can this 7th century phase aspect apply literally to muslims whompurchased homes on a uk based morrgage. Are home biluyera cilursed and is a war deckarwd on them from Allah)

Plesse clarify as it is scary as i am a homeowner too

AbdurRahman.
03-14-2019, 08:16 PM
What the Scholars have said about weak hadith and when and if they can be used:

Great hadith experts such as Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal, Ibn al-Mahdi, ‘Abdullah ibn al-Mubarak said, “When we narrate in regards to the lawful [halal] and unlawful [haram] we exercise extreme strictness and when we narrate in regards to virtuous and the like (stories and narratives) then we are more lenient. (See Suyuti’s Tadrib al-rawi).

We learn from this statement that the scholars were more relaxed in the case of using weak hadith in virtues, but were very strict when it came to aspects of belief or fiqhi rulings. There were also other conditions for accepting weak hadith. For instance, the weakness should not be extreme that it is bordering on fabrication or the hadith should not be a spurious one. Likewise the weak hadith should not contradict an established principle of Shari’a or go against the spirit of the teachings of Islam (See Tadrib al-rawi).

https://islamqa.org/hanafi/qibla-hanafi/35756

ZeeshanParvez
03-15-2019, 02:56 AM
The ghubaar (dust) of Madinah is a shifaa for leprosy

This has been narrated in:

Akhbaar al-madiina by al-zubair ibn bakkar
al-tibb al-nabawi by abu nu'aim
akhbar qazwin by al-raafi'

People have no shame. They narrate weak hadiith and do not even tell people.

Then, people go and act on the hadith. They do not see any results which are promised in the weak hadiith.

They end up doubting Islam. All because you had a group of people who did not follow the way of the Companions and started narrating weak hadiith and misguiding people.

How many people started following a weak hadiith and then saw none of the promised results only to have their Imaan corrupted because a bunch of intellectually dishonest people told them of a weak or fabricated hadith without even telling them it was weak or fabricated!

This is a very weak hadiith.

Let's look at its chains

Chain one

Abu ghaziyyah Muhammad bin Muusaa -> Abd al-aziiz bin 'imraan -> Muhammad bin 'ibraahiim bin 'ismaa'iil bin khaarijah -> Muhammad bin thaabit ibn Qais bin shammaas -> from his father

This is a very weak chain of narrators. It has several defects

Abu ghaziyyah Muhammad bin Muusaa

al-Bukhaari said he is known to narrate munkar ahadiith
Ibn Hibbaan said he would narrate fabricated ahadiith from reliable narrators

Then, we have Abd al-'aziiz bin 'imraan who is matruuk.

Finally, we have Ismaa'iil bin Muhammad bin Thaabit who is unknown.

Along with all of this, this is a Mursal hadith! A mursal hadiith is deemed weak according to the scholars of hadiith.

Now, let's look at the other two diseased chains this hadiith has been narrated from

al-Qaasim bin Abd Allaah al-'Umarii -> Abu Bakr bin Muhammad -> Saalim

This hadith is also mursal for starters.

In addition to it being mursal it has al-Qaasim in it. al-Dhahabi said: Ahmad said: He is a liar who would fabricate hadiith!!!

The next diseased chain is as follows

al-Zubair ibn bakkaar -> Muhammad bin Hasan -> 'ibraahiim

This is a diseased chain

'Ibraahiim in this chain is Ibn Ali bin hasan bin ali bin abi raafi' al-madnii

al-Haafiz said in al-taqriib:

He is weak

Muhammad bin Hasan narrated from him in this diseased chain. He is Ibn Zabaalah

al-Haafiz said in al-taqriib

They labeled him a liar

Abu Daawud al-sijistaanii said he was a liar
al-Dhahabi said: matruuk
al-Daraqutni said: matruuk

As you can see. All the chains are severely weak. None of them can act as shawaahid for others.

Do not spread weak hadiith among people unless you inform them. Do not go against the way of the Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them all).

Do not be a cause for ruining someone's Diin. You tell them a very weak hadiith. They think it is authentic because you were intellectually dishonest. They act on it. None of the results come to be. They start doubting hadiith as a whole.

Follow the way of the rightly guided Companions
(may Allaah be pleased with them). Narrate only authentic hadiith. Otherwise, have the decency to tell your audience that the hadiith is weak and may be true or may not be true.

Do not play with your Diin. Had it not been for the chain anyone would have said what they willed like people do today.

ZeeshanParvez
03-25-2019, 10:53 AM
The man who could not say the shahaadatain because his mother was angry with him

There was a man during the time of the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) who was in the throes of death for three nights. His wife went and complained to the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) saying that he does not get any relief.

It was said where is his mother?

His mother came and was asked about his state. She said he was one who prayed and did lots of dhikr. It was asked how was he with you?

She said she was not happy with him because when he talked he would pierce her heart with his words.

Wood was ordered and a fire was to be kindled. She asked what is this for?

It was said that he will be thrown into it.

The mother quickly said no I forgive him.

The Companions were sent to the man and he said the shahaadatain and his soul was taken.

This is a baatil narration.

People should be ashamed for promoting such baatil narrations among people. Do they forget what the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said:

It was narrated from 'Ali that:

The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: '"Whoever narrates a Hadith from me thinking it to be false, then he is one of the two liars." (Either the one who invents a lie or the one who repeats it; both are liars).

[Sunan Ibn Maajah]

al-Haithami said that this narration about the man who could not say the shahadaatain because his mother was angry with him has Faa'id 'abu al-'warQaa' and he is matruuk (abandoned)

Imaam al-Bukhaari said: He is munkar al-hadiith!

Can you believe it? The chain has a matruuk and munkar al-hadiith in it and you have these ppl sit on pulpits and shamelessly attribute this baatil narration to the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam).

They do not even have the decency to tell their audience about the severe weakness of the chain.

Ahmad bin Hanbal
called Faa'id Abu al-warQaa' matruuk al-hadiith!

Yahyaa bin Ma'iin said he was nothing

Ibn Hibbaan said it is not permissible to use him as evidence

Abuu Haatim said he is abandoned!

Ibn Hajar said: Ibn Ma'iin, Abu Haatim, and al-Bukhaari said he was weak and so did Abu Dawud, al-Nasaa'i, al-Tirmidhi, and others. al-Haakim said he narrated fabricated ahaadiith from Ibn Abi 'Awfaa!!!

May Allaah guide us and save us from promoting narrations which are baatil, fabricated, and weak!

May He guide us to the way of the true scholars of this Ummah, the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam).

Amiin.

ZeeshanParvez
03-27-2019, 01:16 AM
He who leaves the prayer until its time passes and then makes it up, he will be punished in the Fire for a period of one huqb. One huqb is equal to eighty years and one year is three hundred sixty days and one day is equal to one thousand years.

Baatil!

This narration does not even have a chain. Yet, you have certain sects attribute this fabricated narration to the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam).

How shameless.

No chain at all!

Ibn al-Mubaraak said: If it were not for the chain anyone would have said what he willed.

And the above is a perfect example. There is no chain. Someone decided to come up with something and said what he willed.

May Allaah guide us and keep us safe from attributing false and weak narrations to the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam).

azc
03-27-2019, 11:54 AM
This user appears to be a hadith rejector in this thread.

He is showing his hatred for weak hadith but for a Muslim hadith is always respectable whether or not it's sahih.

Acting upon sahih hadith or weak hadith is a different issue.

All his disgusting allegations are applied to all those muhaddisin who included weak hadith in their books. E.g. Imam Bukhari :rh: wrote weak hadith in his other books, besides it, even in sahih bukhari he included many hadith without chain of narrators (taleeqat e Bukhari).

Rejecting hadith is the worst fitnah in this age.

May Allah :swt: protect all of us from this fitnah. Ameen

Bmh2019
03-27-2019, 08:18 PM
Does snyone have-valid hadith on usury and riba

ZeeshanParvez
03-28-2019, 08:00 AM
"Indeed for everything there is a heart, and the Qur'an's heart is Ya Sin. Whoever recites Ya Sin, then for its recitation, Allah writes for him that he recited the Qur'an ten times."

Jāmi' al-Tirmidhi

Sheikh al-albāni said this is a fabricated hadīth.

Muhammad bin Ahmad bin Jār said it's weak

Ibn Kathīr said it's not a valid Hadith because it's chain is weak

The Sheikh of the Muhaddithīn sharf al-dīn Abu Muhammad abd al-mu'min bin khalaf bin Abi al-Hasan bin sharf bin al-khadar bin Mūsā al-tūnī al-tinīsī al-dimyāTī al-Shāfi'i said it's chain is diseased

al-Mundhri said: There is not a possibility of it reaching the degree of Hasan

Ibn al-'arabi said it's weak

Let's look at the diseased chain of this narration.

Qutaibah and Sufyān bin wakī'
Humaid bin abd al-rahmān al-ru'āsī
al-Hasan bin sālih
Hārūn Abī Muhammad
Muqātil bin Haiyān
Qatādah
'Anas

Hārūn Abī Muhammad is unknown.

al-Tirmidhi said he is unknown
Ibn Hajar al-'asqalāni said he is unknown
al-Dhahabi said he is unknown

We have an unknown person in the chain! If a narrator is unknown we do not know if he is reliable, weak, or a liar!

Now you know why the scholars of Hadith labelled this hadīth weak and diseased in regards to the chain.

But the bigoted fanatics who blindly follow their whims today never tell you this. They have no shame. They tell you weak and fabricated ahadīth without telling you it is weak.

Then, they want you to respect lies and possible mistakes which have been attributed to the Messenger of Allah sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam. Astaghfirullah.

May Allāh keep us safe from such diseased individuals and guide us to the way of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam who were so careful in narrating ahadīth despite spending their entire lives with the Messenger of Allah sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam.

Amīn.

Reference

The Dorar Encyclopedia of Hadiith

CuriousonTruth
03-28-2019, 10:45 AM
Did I see Ibn Arabi there?

ZeeshanParvez
03-28-2019, 10:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth
Did I see Ibn Arabi there?
This is Ibn al-'arabi the respected Maaliki jurist and not he Sufi Ibn Arabi who was labelled by some as a kaafir.

Bmh2019
03-28-2019, 11:35 AM
Is this Hadith as below authentic
( those who invole in riba or usury are at War with Allah,
And his messenger pbuh and cursedcby Allah

Please add your opnionions

ZeeshanParvez
03-28-2019, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bmh2019
Is this Hadith as below authentic
( those who invole in riba or usury are at War with Allah,
And his messenger pbuh and cursedcby Allah
I do not think you are thinking about a hadith with those words.

You are thinking about the following Verse of the Qur'aan

O you who have believed, fear Allah and give up what remains [due to you] of interest, if you should be believers.

And if you do not, then be informed of a war [against you] from Allah and His Messenger. But if you repent, you may have your principal - [thus] you do no wrong, nor are you wronged.

Qur'aan 2:278-279

And here are three authentic hadith about Ribaa. There are more but for now these should suffice.

Narrated Samura bin Jundab:

The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, "This night I dreamt that two men came and took me to a Holy land whence we proceeded on till we reached a river of blood, where a man was standing, and on its bank was standing another man with stones in his hands. The man in the middle of the river tried to come out, but the other threw a stone in his mouth and forced him to go back to his original place. So, whenever he tried to come out, the other man would throw a stone in his mouth and force him to go back to his former place. I asked, 'Who is this?' I was told, 'The person in the river was a Riba-eater."

Sahiih al-Bukhaari

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, "Avoid the seven great destructive sins." The people enquire, "O Allah's Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam)! What are they? "He said, "To join others in worship along with Allah, to practice sorcery, to kill the life which Allah has forbidden except for a just cause, (according to Islamic law), to eat up Riba (usury), to eat up an orphan's wealth, to give back to the enemy and fleeing from the battlefield at the time of fighting, and to accuse, chaste women, who never even think of anything touching chastity and are good believers.

Sahiih al-Bukhaari

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud:

The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) cursed the one who accepted usury, the one who paid it, the witness to it, and the one who recorded it.

Sunan Abi Dawud

Bmh2019
03-28-2019, 02:34 PM
Yes that is it.
Does it apply to current era of mortgages tsken ou by me in uk gor house purchases as i reside in one of them that has conventional fixed rate mortgage from uk banks

I do not think you are thinking about a hadith with those words.

You are thinking about the following Verse of the Qur'aan

O you who have believed, fear Allah and give up what remains [due to you] of interest, if you should be believers.

And if you do not, then be informed of a war [against you] from Allah and His Messenger. But if you repent, you may have your principal - [thus] you do no wrong, nor are you wronged.

Qur'aan 2:278-279

And here are three authentic hadith about Ribaa. There are more but for now these should suffice.

Narrated Samura bin Jundab:

The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, "This night I dreamt that two men came and took me to a Holy land whence we proceeded on till we reached a river of blood, where a man was standing, and on its bank was standing another man with stones in his hands. The man in the middle of the river tried to come out, but the other threw a stone in his mouth and forced him to go back to his original place. So, whenever he tried to come out, the other man would throw a stone in his mouth and force him to go back to his former place. I asked, 'Who is this?' I was told, 'The person in the river was a Riba-eater."

Sahiih al-Bukhaari

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, "Avoid the seven great destructive sins." The people enquire, "O Allah's Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam)! What are they? "He said, "To join others in worship along with Allah, to practice sorcery, to kill the life which Allah has forbidden except for a just cause, (according to Islamic law), to eat up Riba (usury), to eat up an orphan's wealth, to give back to the enemy and fleeing from the battlefield at the time of fighting, and to accuse, chaste women, who never even think of anything touching chastity and are good believers.

Sahiih al-Bukhaari

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud:

The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) cursed the one who accepted usury, the one who paid it, the witness to it, and the one who recorded it.

Sunan Abi Dawud
But does it apply for house ourchased on mrtgage on fixed interest rate from uk halifax bank.
Its ambiguous qs that hadith was in 7th century and ilunsure if applies to current times.it is a Very confusing Hadith?

AbdurRahman.
03-28-2019, 04:35 PM
Weak hadiths are allowed to boost iman and virtuous deeds.

Many hadiths could be classified fabricated by one Scholar while others could classify it weak.

azc
03-28-2019, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
Weak hadiths are allowed to boost iman and virtuous deeds.

Many hadiths could be classified fabricated by one Scholar while others could classify it weak.
Imam Tirmidhi (may Allah be pleased with him) said:

قد اختلف الأئمة من أهل العلم في تضعيف الرجال كما اختلفوا في سوى ذلك من العلم (العلل الصغير للترمذي (ص: 756)

“Scholars differed in weakening narrators just as they differed in other aspects of knowledge.”

(Al ‘Ilal as-Saghir, 756)

AbdurRahman.
03-28-2019, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Imam Tirmidhi (may Allah be pleased with him) said:

قد اختلف الأئمة من أهل العلم في تضعيف الرجال كما اختلفوا في سوى ذلك من العلم (العلل الصغير للترمذي (ص: 756)

“Scholars differed in weakening narrators just as they differed in other aspects of knowledge.”

(Al ‘Ilal as-Saghir, 756)
Yup that's right bro!

ZeeshanParvez
03-28-2019, 11:14 PM
When one of you backbites his brother, then let him ask forgiveness for him. For indeed that is an expiation for him.

The chain of this narration has Sulaimaan bin 'amr who is Abu Daawud al-Nakha'i and he is a well known liar!

al-Nasaa'i said he is matruuk

Ahmad bin Hanbal said: He used to fabricate hadiith

al-Bukhaari said: He is matruuk and Qutaibah and 'ishaaQ charged him of lying

Yaziid bin Haaruun said: It is not permissible for anyone to narrate from him

- - - Updated - - -

Had it not been for you (O Muhamad sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) I would not have created the 'aflaak

al-Sagaani said it is fabricated

Shiekh al-albaani said it is fabricated

In another wording we have

Allaah sent revelation to 'Iisaa (peace be upon him) O Iisaa believe in Muhammad and order the ones who meet him from your Ummah to believe in him for had it not been for Muhammad I would not have created Adam and had it not been for Muhammad I would not have created Paradise or the Fire...

al-Dhahabi said: I think it is fabricated!

The chain contains 'amr bin 'aus al-'anSaarii and he would fabricate ahadiith!

al-Dhahabi said in al-miizaan: He would narrate munkar ahadiith. Then, al-Dhahabi mentioned this hadiith and said: I think it is fabricated.

Ibn Hajar agreed with al-Dhahabi in this hadith being fabricated.

How shameless are those who narrate such ahadiith sitting on pulpits.

They lie upon Allaah. And they lie upon the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam).

May Allaah save us from such misguidance!

ZeeshanParvez
03-29-2019, 11:13 AM
O Allaah bless us in Rajab and Sha'baan and make us reach Ramadaan

Let's see what the scholars of hadiith have said about this hadiith. Then, we will look at its diseased chain.

al-Nawawi said: Its chain has weakness in it.

Page 274 in his book al-'adhkhaar

al-Dhahabi said in meezaan al-'i'tidaal on page 96 in volume 3 regarding the narrator zaa'idah who is in the chain of this hadiith: weak

al-Haithami said: The chain has zaa'idah bin Abi al-ruQaad regarding who al-Bukhaari said: He is munkar al-hadiith.

Majma al-Zawaa'id Volume 2 Page 165

Ahmad Shaakir said: Its chain is weak

Shuaib al-Arnaout said: Its chain is weak

Now let's look at the diseased chain of this narration

Ali bin Haaruun -> Yusuf al-QaaDi' -> Muhammad bin Abi Bakr -> zaa'idah bin Abi al-ruQaad

Let's see what the scholars of truth said about zaa'idah bin Abi al-ruQaad

al-Bukhaari said: Munkar al-hadiith!

Abu Daawud said: I do not know who he is

al-Nasaa'i said: I do not know who he is

al-Dhahabi said: He is not a hujjah!

Ibn Hajar said: He is munkar al-hadith!!!!

al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said:

There is not a single authentic hadith which is fit to be used as evidence in regards to the merit of Rajab nor in regards to fasting during this month or standing specifically during its nights.

azc
03-29-2019, 01:31 PM
@ZeeshanParvez :
You said:
But the bigoted fanatics who blindly follow their whims today never tell you this. They have no shame. They tell you weak and fabricated ahadīth without telling you it is weak.

Then, they want you to respect lies and possible mistakes which have been attributed to the Messenger of Allah sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam. Astaghfirullah.
مولى العباس قال رأيت عليا يقبل يد العباس ورجله

Suhayb :rh: said,"I saw Ali :ra: kiss the hands and feet of Abbas :ra:."

(Al-Adab al-Mufrad, Chapter 445 Hadith No 976)
Imam al-Dhahabi :rh: said in his Siyar A'lam an Nabula
إسناده حسن
It has“Hassan”chain [Siyar, Volume No. 2 #94]

Al-Wazi' ibn 'Amir :ra: said, "We came and were told, 'That is the Messenger of Allah :saws:.' We took his hands and feet and kissed them."

(Al-Adab al-Mufrad Chapter 445 Hadith No 975)

أحمد بن حمدان القصار سمعت مسلم بن الحجاج وجاء إلى محمد بن إسماعيل البخاري فقبل بين عينيه وقال دعني حتى أقبل رجليك يا أستاذ الأستاذين وسيد المحدثين وطبيب الحديث في علله حدثك

Ahmed bin Hamdan al-Qasaar :rh: said that he saw Muslim bin Hajjaj :rh: (i.e. Imam Muslim) coming in the court of Imam Bukhari :rh: and kissed his forehead,"THEN HE ASKED HIS PERMISSION TO KISS HIS FEET" he then said: O Teacher of Teachers master of traditionalists and grand scholar on hadith weaknesses.

[Al Bidayah wan Nihayah (11/33), and Sayyir A'laam An Nubala, Volume: 3, Page No: 3343, Under Biography of Imam Bukhari :rh: , Biography No: 4969]

Almost similar hadith are in Abu Dawud, Ibn Maajah, Tirmidhi and other books as well.

Are all these narrations sahih...?

If these hadith are fabricated then why these muhaddisin accepted them.

Will you use the same 'shameless' type language for these muhaddisin...?

What about this 'kissing feet' incident of imam Bukhari :rh: and Imam Muslim :rh: ?

ZeeshanParvez
03-30-2019, 01:19 AM
Seek knowledge even if it be in China

al-Bayhaqi said it is defective and weak

al-Khatiib said it is defective and weak

Ibn Abd al-Barr said it is defective and weak

Ibn Hibbaan said it is Baatil

Ibn al-jawzii said it is fabricated

Sheikh al-albaani said it is fabricated

All its routes consist of people who have been charged with fabricating ahadiith!

They are quick to narrate baatil ahadiith to the public. They narrate ahadiith which have liars in the chain.

Yet, they never tell you. How shameless.

May Allaah guide us to the way of the Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) who were extremely cautious in narrating ahadiith.

Amiin.

ZeeshanParvez
04-05-2019, 05:51 PM

مَنْ قَرَأَ سُورَةَ الْكَهْفِ يَوْمَ الْجُمُعَةِ ، فَهُوَ مَعْصُومٌ إِلَى ثَمَانِيَةِ أَيَّامٍ مِنْ كُلِّ فِتْنَةٍ تَكُونُ ، فَإِنْ خَرَجَ الدَّجَّالُ عُصِمَ مِنْهُ

He who recites Suurah al-Kahf on Friday, he is safe for eight days from any fitnah which comes to be. If al-Dajjaal comes, he will be safe from him.

This particular hadiith is very weak.

Let's look at the chain of this very weak hadiith

al-Qaadii Abu Abd Allaah al-Husain bin 'Ahmad al-Raazii -> 'Abu al-faDl 'ubaid Allaah bin Abd al-Rahmaan al-zuhrii -> 'Abu 'ishaaQ 'ibraahiim bin Abd Allaah bin 'ayyuub al-makhramii -> Sa'iid bin Muhammad al-jarmii -> Abd Allaah bin MuS'ab bin Mansuur bin Zaid bin Khaalid -> Ali bin al-Hasan -> from his father -> Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him)

In the red you see the two narrators which make this hadiith very weak.

The first is:

'Abu 'ishaaQ 'ibraahiim bin Abd Allaah bin 'ayyuub al-makhramii

There is a difference of opinion regarding him. al-DaaraQutni said: He is not reliable. He narrates baatil ahadiith from reliable narrators.

Others have said he is Suduuq

The second narrator is

Abd Allaah bin MuS'ab bin Mansuur bin Zaid bin Khaalid

His state is not known to the scholars of hadiith. He could be reliable, weak, or even one who fabricates ahadiith. When the scholars of hadiith do not know about the state of a narrator, then the chain becomes weak.

Based on these two narrators the hadith becomes very weak.

That is why Shiekh al-albaani graded it weak and so did Muhammad bin Abd al-Haadii. He said this hadiith does not have a chain and if it does then the critics from the people of knowledge do not use such a chain for evidence.

The book in which this hadiith can be found is called al-'ahaaditha al-mukhtaarah. The author of the book is Diya al-Din al-Maqdisi.

Below is a screenshot of the hadiith from the book

Attachment 6662

ZeeshanParvez
04-06-2019, 05:35 PM
Umrah is optional (i.e. it is not obligatory)

Jabir narrated that:

The Prophet was asked about whether Umrah was obligatory? He said: "No. But if you perform Umrah it is more virtuous."

Imaam al-Nawawi says:

The chains of both ahadiith are weak.

As for the saying of al-Tirmidhi that this is a hasan Sahiih hadiith then that is not accepted and his opinion is not given consideration in regards to this.

The huffaaz have agreed that this is a weak hadiith as has passed in what al-Bayhaqi said. The evidence for it being weak is that it rests upon al-Hajjaaj bin 'arTaah.

This hadiith is not known except through him and al-Tirmidhi has only narrated it from him. And al-Hajjaaj is weak and a mudallis by consensus of the huffaaz.

He said in his hadiith from ('an) Muhammad bin al-Munkadir.

When a mudallis says in his hadiith 'an (عن) then his hadiith is not used as evidence and there is no difference in regards to this as it has been established and is well known in the books of the scholars of hadiith and the scholars of Usuul and because the majority of scholars have said that al-Hajjaaj is weak for another reason besides tadliis.

When there are two reasons for a narrator being weak, then everyone agrees that one cannot use him as evidence. And in his case it is that he is weak and a mudallis. How then can his hadiith be Sahiih?

End of what Imaam al-Nawawi says in his al-majmuu

Volume 7 Page 6

ZeeshanParvez
04-10-2019, 07:43 AM
Backbiting is worse than Zinaa

Let's see what the scholars of hadiith have said about this "hadiith"

al-Haithami graded this hadiith weak [1]

Imaam al-Muqbil graded the haadith weak and said it is possible it is fabricated [2]

Sheikh al-albaani graded the hadiith weak [3]

al-Saghaani said: It is fabricated [4]

Now let's look at the chain of narrators to see why the scholars of hadith said this hadith was weak

al-naDru bin abd Allaah al-khulwaani

'asbaaTu bin Muhammad

'Abu rajaa' al-khuraasaani

'abbaad bin kathiir

al-Jurairii

Abu naDrah

Jaabir bin Abd Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) and Abu Sa'iid al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him)

'abbaad bin kathiir

Abu Bakr al-Bayhaqi
said he is weak

Abu Haatim Raazi said he is weak

Ahmad bin Hanbal said: He narrated ahadiith which were lies

Ahmad bin Shu'aib al-Nasaa'i: He is matruuk al-hadiith

Ahmad bin Saalih: He is weak and matruuk al-Hadiith

Ibn Hajar al-'asQalaani said: He is matruuk

al-Dhahabi said: He is matruuk al-Hadiith

Sufyaan al-Thawri said he was a liar. He attended his funeral and did not pray his funeral prayer

Shu'bah said: Be on your gaurd against his narrations

al-Bukhaari said: They abandoned him

Yahyaa Ibn Ma'een said: He is nothing

Muhammad bin 'ammaar al-muuSiilii said: He is weak

Reference(s):

[1]Majma al-Zawa'id
Volume 8 Page 94

[2] Imaam al-muqbil

[3] Da'iif al-targhiib, Da'iif al-Jaami'

[4] MuDuu'aat of al-saghaanii

ZeeshanParvez
04-11-2019, 09:16 AM
Stay in a state of purity and your rizq will increase

This is part of a long hadiith in kanzul 'amaal. The Hadiith No. 44154.

It is a fabrication.

It is recorded with the following words

فأخبرني باسناده عن مشايخه إلى خالد بن الوليد

And I was informed with its chain from his mashaayikh up to Khaliid bin Waliid (may Allaah be pleased with him).

These mashaayikh are not named. It is a narration based on a chain the narrators of whom are not known.

This is sort of a hadiith is not acceptable among the scholars of hadiith of the past or present.

To make matters worse, the narrator has created a long matn (text of the hadiith) by collecting parts of authentic narrations and sayings of scholars and bundled them into one big text and attributed it to the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam). Astaghfirullah.

Some speakers today are spreading this baseless narration among the masses. Beware of them.

May Allaah guide us to the straight path and keep us safe from lying upon the Messenger of Allaah (Sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam).

Reference(s):

The hadiith of Khaalid bin Waliid

Screenshot of the hadiith

ZeeshanParvez
04-14-2019, 01:02 AM
Jibriil entered upon the Prophet and said the angel of death is at the door and is asking permission to enter upon you. He has not asked anyone before you for permission. Thereupon, he said to him: O Jibriil give him permission and the angel of death entered. And he said: Peace be upon you O Messenger of Allaah. Allaah has sent me to give you a choice between remaining in this world or that you join with Allaah. Thereupon the Prophet said: Rather, (I choose) the rafiiq al-'alaa, rather (I choose) the rafiiq al-'alaa.

This is an extremely weak and possibly fabricated hadiith.

Ibn Kaheer graded it weak
al-'iraaqi graded it weak
Ibn Hajar graded it weak
Sheikh al-albaani said it is fabricated.

One of the chains has

Abd Allaah bin Maimuun.

The scholars of hadiith said he is weak

The second chain has

al-mukhtaar bin Naafi'

al-'iraaQi said: He is munkar al-hadiith.

What is narrated in the Sahiih hadith is the following

Narrated `Aisha:

When the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) was healthy, he used to say, "No soul of a prophet is captured till he is shown his place in Paradise and then he is given the option." When death approached him while his head was on my thigh, he became unconscious and then recovered his consciousness. He then looked at the ceiling of the house and said, "O Allah! (with) the highest companions." I said (to myself), "Hence, he is not going to choose us." Then I realized that what he had said was the application of the narration which he used to mention to us when he was healthy. The last word he spoke was, "O Allah! (with) the highest companion."

[Sahiih al-Bukhaari]

As for the angel asking permission that is not mentioned in any authentic hadith.

May Allaah save us from spreading weak and at times fabricated ahadiith among the masses.

If anyone needs a weak hadiith to build up their Imaan, they have serious problems.

May Allaah guide us to the way of the Companions (may Allah be pleased with them) who exercised extreme caution in narrating ahadiith.

ZeeshanParvez
04-19-2019, 12:36 AM
The prayer of the day (time) is 'ajmaa'

al-Nawawi said: This hadiith is baatil and has no basis

al-Daaraqutni said the same.

This has not been narrated from the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam). It is only the saying of some Jurists.

Simply_Logical
04-19-2019, 04:56 AM
can you post the weak hadith in fazail e amal?

im interested to see which ones they are and read them JazakAllah Khayran

eesa the kiwi
04-19-2019, 08:59 AM
Jazak Allah khair broi for the informative thread

ZeeshanParvez
04-19-2019, 10:52 AM
He who enters a graveyard and recites (Suurah) Yaa Siin, the (torment) is lightened for them on that day and he gets the reward of the number of (people buried) in it (i.e. the graveyard)

Sheikh al-albaani says it is fabricated. Why does he say so? Let's look at the chain

طريق محمد بن أحمد الرياحي

أبي

أيوب بن مدرك

أبي عبيدة

الحسن

أنس بن مالك

Abu 'ubaidah

Ibn Ma'iin said he is majhuul. So, firstly we have an unknown narrator in the chain

Ayyuub bin Mudrik

All of the scholars agree that he is weak and is to be abandoned.

As a matter of fact, Ibn Ma'iin said: He is a liar

So far we have a majhuul in the chain and a person who was a liar.

Now let's look at the next narrator

Ahmad al-RiyaaHai

He is Ahmad bin Yaziid bin diinaar 'Abu al-'awwaam

al-Bayhaqi says: He is majhuul

So, we have a chain in which we have two majhuul (unknown narrators - their state is not known) and a liar.

Why would anyone in their sane mind attribute something like this to the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) while hiding these facts except for a person who has a disease in his heart.

azc
04-20-2019, 05:36 AM
He who enters a graveyard and recites (Suurah) Yaa Siin, the (torment) is lightened for them on that day and he gets the reward of the number of (people buried) in it (i.e. the graveyard)

Sheikh al-albaani says it is fabricated. Why does he say so? Let's look at the chain

طريق محمد بن أحمد الرياحي

أبي

أيوب بن مدرك

أبي عبيدة

الحسن

أنس بن مالك

Abu 'ubaidah

Ibn Ma'iin said he is majhuul. So, firstly we have an unknown narrator in the chain

Ayyuub bin Mudrik

All of the scholars agree that he is weak and is to be abandoned.

As a matter of fact, Ibn Ma'iin said: He is a liar

So far we have a majhuul in the chain and a person who was a liar.

Now let's look at the next narrator

Ahmad al-RiyaaHai

He is Ahmad bin Yaziid bin diinaar 'Abu al-'awwaam

al-Bayhaqi says: He is majhuul

So, we have a chain in which we have two majhuul (unknown narrators - their state is not known) and a liar.

Why would anyone in their sane mind attribute something like this to the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) while hiding these facts except for a person who has a disease in his heart.
It's good if you quote full hadith with source as well.

ZeeshanParvez
04-20-2019, 04:04 PM
The tears that fall from the eye of a truthful believer, out of the fear of the Lord, and then, roll down his face, however little they are, even of the size of the head of a fly, Allaah will forbid him to the Fire.

This hadith is weak

Let's look at the chain of this weak narration

Abd al-Rahmaan bin 'ibraahiim al-dimishqii and 'ibraahim bin al-Mundhir -> Ibn Abi Fudaik -> Hammaad bin Abi Humaid al-zuraqii -> 'aun bin Abd Allaah bin 'utbah bin Mas'uud -> his father -> Abd Allaah bin Mas'uud (may Allaah be pleased with him)

Hammaad bin Abi Humaid al-Zuraqii

He is munkar al-hadiith

Imaam al-Bayhaqi said: He is weak in the sight of the scholars of hadiith

Abuu Haatim said: He is munkar al-hadiith and weak. He narrates manaakiir from the reliable ones

Ibn Hibbaan said: He used to mix up the chains of narrators and did not understand the matn of the hadiith. When this becomes a lot in his narrations, then he cannot be used as evidence in regards to what he narrates

Imaam Abu Daawud said: He is weak

Imaam al-Tirmidhi said: He is not strong in the sight of the scholars of hadiith

Ahmad bin Hanbal
said: His hadiith are munkar (rejected). And Imaam Ahmad bin Hanbal said: He is not strong in regards to hadiith

Imaam al-Nasaa'i said: He is not reliable

Ibn Hajar said: He is weak

Reference(s):

The Encyclopedia of hadiith and narrations which are weak and fabricated

Volume 8 page 586

ZeeshanParvez
04-20-2019, 06:50 PM
Whoever recites and memorizes the Qur'aan, making lawful what it makes lawful, and unlawful what it makes lawful, Allaah will admit him to Paradise due to it, and grant him intercession for ten of his family members who were to be consigned to the Fire.

Imaam al-Tirmidhi says: This is a ghariib hadiith and I do not know of it except from this route and its chain of narrators is not authentic.

Why did Imaam al-Tirmidhi grade this hadiith weak?

Let's look at its chain

Ali bin Hujr -> HafD bin Sulaimaan -> Kathiir bin zaadhaan -> 'aaSim bin Damrah -> Ali bin Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him)

HafD bin Sulaimaan

Imaam al-Tirmidhi said: He is weak in regards to hadiith

al-Daarimi said: He is not reliable

Ahmad bin Muhammad al-baghdaadi
said: HafD bin Sulaimaan and Abu Bakr bin 'aiyyaash were the most knowledgeable of people when it came to the recitation of 'aaSim. HafD was better in terms of recitation than Abu Bakr but he was a kadhdhaab (liar) while Abu Bakr was suduuq (honest)

Ibn al-Madiinii said: He was weak in hadiith

al-Bukhaari said: They abandoned him

Imaam Muslim said: He is matruuk

al-Nasaa'i said: He is not reliable and his hadiith are not written

Ibn Hajar said: He is abandoned when it comes to hadiith despite him being an Imaam in (Qur'aanic) recitation

Reference(s):

معرفة الرجال للإمام أبي زكريا يحيى بن معين رواية ابن محرز
Volume 1 Page 54 and Page 113
Volume 2 Page 167

تاريخ الدارمي
Page 95

العلل ومعرفة الرجال لأحمد رواية ابنه عبد الله
Volume Page 380 and Page 503
Volume 3 Page 77

التاريخ الكبير
Volume 2 Page 363

الضعفاء للبخاري
Page 45

الضعفاء والمتروكين للنسائي
Page 191

المجروحين من المحدثين; المؤلف: محمد بن حبان بن أحمد بن حبان
Volume 1 Page 311

تاريخ البغدادي
Volume 9 Page 64

تهذيب الكمال
Volume 7 Page 10

تهذيب التهذيب
Volume 1 Page 450

تقريب التهذيب
Page 257

الكاشف للذهبي
Volume 1 Page 341

تاريخ الإسلام للذهبي
Volume 4 Page 602

ZeeshanParvez
04-21-2019, 03:44 PM
He who prays an obligatory prayer has a Dua which will be answered and he who completes the Qur'ān has a Dua which is answered

The hadīth is weak

al-Haythami said:

In it is Abd al-Hamīd bin Sulaimān and he is weak

al-Tabarāni collected it in al-mu'jam al-kabīr

Let's look at the chain of this weak Hadith

الفضل بن هارون البغدادي

إسماعيل بن إبراهيم الترجماني

عبد الحميد ابن سليمان

أبي حازم
العرباض بن سارية

Abd al-Hameed bin Sulaimaan

Ibn al-Hajar said: He is weak

al-Hākim said: He is not strong

Ibn Hibbān: He is from those who make mistakes and mixes up the chains

Abu Dawud: He is not reliable

al-Nasā'i: He is weak

al-Dāraqutni: He is weak

Ibn Ma'īn: He is nothing

The hadīth is weak because of him. If you act on this Hadith and make a duā at the end of an obligatory prayer or when you complete the Qur'ān, and your duā is not accepted, don't blame Islām.

Rather, blame yourself for acting on a weak Hadith thinking with certainty that it is true while matter is such that a weak Hadith may or may not be true.

ZeeshanParvez
04-21-2019, 06:10 PM
Poverty will never touch the one who recites Suurah al-waaqi'ah every night

The hadiith is weak

The chain includes طريق أبي شجاع and أبي طيبة

Both are unknown. They are majhuul. Their state is not known

Ibn Hajar showed that in this hadiith there is اضطراب from three perspectives

al-Daaraqutni said there is inqitaa' in the hadiith.

Ahmad did not consider the text of this hadiith proper

al-Manaawi said: The Hadiith is munkar

Imagine telling someone this hadith. You did not tell them it was so weak. They started to act on it with certainty.

They were sure poverty will never touch them. But poverty touched them. They lose their faith and Imaan all because you did not tell them that this is an extremely weak hadith so it might be true and it might not be true.

Reference(s):

Compilation of weak and fabricated hadith and their evil effects in the Ummah by Sheikh al-albaani
Volume 1 Page 458

ZeeshanParvez
04-22-2019, 02:38 AM
‘O People, there has come to you a great and blessed month, a month in which there is a night that is better than a thousand months. Allaah has made fasting (this month) an obligation and spending its nights in prayer an act of voluntary worship. Whoever draws near to Allaah during this month by doing some good deeds is like one who does an obligatory action at any other time, and the one who does an obligatory action during this month is like one who does seventy obligatory actions at any other times. It is a month whose beginning is mercy, its middle is forgiveness and its end is ransom from the Fire

The hadiith is very weak

The hadiith is present in Sahiih Ibn Khuzaimah

Ibn Khuzaimah said: If this hadiith is authentic

He used the word if. He did this with some of the narrations he included in his Sahiih. He did it when he was unsure if the hadiith was authentic or not.

The Imaam and Haafiz Muhammad bin Muusaa bin Hammaad al-'uqailii declared this hadiith weak.

Abu Haatim said the hadith was munkar (rejected)

Sheikh al-albaani graded it weak

Why did these great scholars of hadiith say it is weak? Let's look at the chain of this weak hadiith propagated among the masses without shame

Abu Abd al-Rahmaan Muhammad bin al-Husain bin Muhammad bin Muusaa al-Sulamii -> Abu 'amr 'ismaa'iil bin Nujaid -> Ja'far bin Muhammad bin sawwaar -> Ali bin Hujr -> Yusuf bin ziyaad -> Hammaam bin Yahyaa -> Ali bin Zaid bin Jud'aan -> Sa'iid bin al-Musaiyyib -> Sulmaan al-Farsii

There is inqitaa in the chain of this narration.

Sa'iid bin al-musayyab did not hear from Salmaan al-Farsii

The first problem with the chain is that there is inqitaa.

The second problem is the narrator

Ali bin Zaid bin Jud'aan

Some of the scholars who declared him weak include

• Ahmad bin Hanbal
  • Ibn Ma'iin
  • al-Nasaa'i
  • Ibn Khuzaimah

al-Bayhaqi said: He is not strong
Ibn Hajar said: He is weak. He has a bad memory
Ibn al-Madiinii: He is weak
Ibn Khuzaimah said: He is not used as evidence because of his poor memory

So, for starters there is inqitaa in the chain. That means a narrator is missing. This alone makes the hadith weak. All the scholars of hadiith unanimously agree that a hadith which has inqitaa is weak.

Then, we have a narrator who is very weak because of his poor memory.

The hadiith is very weak. It is not fit to be mentioned to people.

Now you know why the great scholars of hadith such as Sheikh al-albaani, Abu Haatim, and al-'uqailii declared this hadith weak and munkar.

May Allaah guide us to the way of the Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) who were very cautious in what they narrated.

eesa the kiwi
04-22-2019, 06:38 AM
‘O People, there has come to you a great and blessed month, a month in which there is a night that is better than a thousand months. Allaah has made fasting (this month) an obligation and spending its nights in prayer an act of voluntary worship. Whoever draws near to Allaah during this month by doing some good deeds is like one who does an obligatory action at any other time, and the one who does an obligatory action during this month is like one who does seventy obligatory actions at any other times. It is a month whose beginning is mercy, its middle is forgiveness and its end is ransom from the Fire

The hadiith is very weak

The hadiith is present in Sahiih Ibn Khuzaimah

Ibn Khuzaimah said: If this hadiith is authentic

He used the word if. He did this with some of the narrations he included in his Sahiih. He did it when he was unsure if the hadiith was authentic or not.

The Imaam and Haafiz Muhammad bin Muusaa bin Hammaad al-'uqailii declared this hadiith weak.

Abu Haatim said the hadith was munkar (rejected)

Sheikh al-albaani graded it weak

Why did these great scholars of hadiith say it is weak? Let's look at the chain of this weak hadiith propagated among the masses without shame

Abu Abd al-Rahmaan Muhammad bin al-Husain bin Muhammad bin Muusaa al-Sulamii -> Abu 'amr 'ismaa'iil bin Nujaid -> Ja'far bin Muhammad bin sawwaar -> Ali bin Hujr -> Yusuf bin ziyaad -> Hammaam bin Yahyaa -> Ali bin Zaid bin Jud'aan -> Sa'iid bin al-Musaiyyib -> Sulmaan al-Farsii

There is inqitaa in the chain of this narration.

Sa'iid bin al-musayyab did not hear from Salmaan al-Farsii

The first problem with the chain is that there is inqitaa.

The second problem is the narrator

Ali bin Zaid bin Jud'aan

Some of the scholars who declared him weak include

• Ahmad bin Hanbal
  • Ibn Ma'iin
  • al-Nasaa'i
  • Ibn Khuzaimah

al-Bayhaqi said: He is not strong
Ibn Hajar said: He is weak. He has a bad memory
Ibn al-Madiinii: He is weak
Ibn Khuzaimah said: He is not used as evidence because of his poor memory

So, for starters there is inqitaa in the chain. That means a narrator is missing. This alone makes the hadith weak. All the scholars of hadiith unanimously agree that a hadith which has inqitaa is weak.

Then, we have a narrator who is very weak because of his poor memory.

The hadiith is very weak. It is not fit to be mentioned to people.

Now you know why the great scholars of hadith such as Sheikh al-albaani, Abu Haatim, and al-'uqailii declared this hadith weak and munkar.

May Allaah guide us to the way of the Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) who were very cautious in what they narrated.
Is this hadith narrated through other chains? It's very well known I'm surprised to hear its weak

ZeeshanParvez
04-22-2019, 07:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
Is this hadith narrated through other chains? It's very well known I'm surprised to hear its weak
Broi this particular wording is present via the chain mentioned. The last part of the above hadiith is mentioned in another hadith which will be added to the list of weak hadiith in the next post.

eesa the kiwi
04-22-2019, 08:46 AM
Broi this particular wording is present via the chain mentioned. The last part of the above hadiith is mentioned in another hadith which will be added to the list of weak hadiith in the next post.
SubhanAllah

ZeeshanParvez
04-22-2019, 09:27 AM
The first portion of the month of Ramadaan is Mercy, the middle portion is maghfirah, and the last portion is ransom from the Fire

Munkar (rejected)

Let's see the great scholars of hadiith who graded this weak

The great scholar of hadiith al-'uqailii
Ibn 'addi
al-khatiib al-baghdadi
Sheikh al-albaani

Why did these great scholars of hadiith declare this hadiith weak.

Let's look at the chain

سلام بن سوار

مسلمة بن الصلت

الزهري

أبو سلمة

أبو هريرة

Sallaam bin Sulaimaan bin sawwaar

Ibn 'addi said: He is rejected when it comes to hadiith in my opinion

So, we have a narrator who is rejected when it comes to hadiith. Now let's look at the next narrator who weakens this hadiith

Maslamah bin al-Salt

Abu Haatim says: He is rejected in regards to hadiith

This hadiith has two narrators who are rejected. Not one but two narrators.

Hence, Sheikh al-albaani called it munkar.

Now you know why the great scholars of hadiith rejected this hadiith.

Be careful when you tell people a hadiith. Make sure it is authentic.

Reference(s):
The collection of weak and fabricated ahadiith and their evil effects in the Ummah by Sheikh al-albaani
Volume 4 Page 69-70

ZeeshanParvez
04-22-2019, 10:43 AM
A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife.

The hadiith is weak.

Let's look at its chain

Zuhair bin Harb -> Abd al-Rahmaan bin mahdii -> Abu 'awaanah -> Daawud bin Abd Allaah al-'audii -> Abd al-Rahmaan al-muslii -> al-'ash'ath bin qais -> Umar bin al-khaTTaab (may Allaah be pleased with him)

Abd al-Rahmaan al-muslii

He is weak

No one from the scholars said he was reliable. No one.

Based on this, the scholars of hadiith said the hadiith is weak

Among these scholars was Sheikh al-albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him).

ZeeshanParvez
04-24-2019, 08:59 AM
Allah's Messenger would get up during his Salat on the tips of his feet.

The Hadīth is weak

Let's look at the chain

Yahyā bin Mūsā

Abu Mu'āwiyah

Khālid bin 'ilyās

Sālih maulā al-taw'amah

Abu Hurairah

Khālid bin 'ilyās

Imām al-Tirmidhi said: khālid bin 'ilyās is weak

al-Bukhāri said: He is nothing

Ahmad said: He is abandoned

al-Nasā'i said: He is abandoned

The Hadīth is weak. It is not fit to be used as evidence.

Reference(s):
Tuhfah al-'ahwadhi
Volume 2 Page 146

ZeeshanParvez
04-27-2019, 01:21 AM
Jibrīl came to me and said: O Muhammad indeed Allāh sends upon you salām and says: I swear by My 'izza and jalāl, I will not punish anyone who has your name with the Fire O Muhammad

This Hadith is fabricated.

Its chain of narrators include

Ahmad bin 'ishaq al-'ashja'ī

He is a liar.

ZeeshanParvez
05-15-2019, 11:38 PM
Whoever memorizes and conveys 40 hadiith to my Ummah from the affairs of his religion, Allaah - the Most High - will raise him on the Day of Resurrection in the company of the scholars of Jurisprudence and the learned.

The Hadiith is weak.

Ibn Hajar says:

There is not even one route for this hadiith which is free from an objectionable defect.

al-talkhiiS al-habiir
Volume 3 Pages 93 and 94

al-Daaraqutni said:

It has been narrated from 20 routes all of which are weak and nothing of them is established.

al-Baihaqii said:

This text is famous among people. And it does not have a single authentic chain.

al-Nawawi said:

All of the huffaaz agree that the hadiith is weak even though it has many routes.

ZeeshanParvez
12-06-2019, 02:09 AM
Whoever has some need from Allah or from any of His creation, let him perform ablution and pray two Rak’ah, then let him say: La ilaha illallahul-Halimul- Karim. Subhan-Allahi Rabbil-‘arshil-‘azim. Al-hamdu Lillahi Rabbil-‘Alamin. Allahumma inni as’aluka mujibat rahmatika, wa ‘aza’ima maghfiratika, wal-ghanimata min kulli birrin, was-salamata min kulli ithmnin. As’aluka alla tada’a li dhanban illa ghafartahu, wa la hamman illa farrajtahu, wa la hajah hiya laka ridan illa qadaitaha li (None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Forbearing, the Most Generous. Glory is to Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne. Praise is to Allah, the Lord of the worlds. O Allah, I ask You for the means of Your mercy and forgiveness, the benefit of every good deed and safety from all sins. I ask You not to leave any sin of mine but You forgive it, or any distress but You relieve it, or any need that is pleasing to You but You meet it). Then he should ask Allah for whatever he wants in this world and in the Hereafter, for it is decreed.”

The above Hadith is used to exhort people to pray the "Salaatul Haajah"

Let's look at the chain of this weak hadith

Suwaid bin Sa'iid

Abu 'Aasim

al-'abbaadaanii

faa'id bin Abd al-Rahmaan

Abd Allaah bin 'abii 'awfaa al-'aslamii

Following is the jarh of the scholars of hadiith about faa'id bin Abd al-Rahmaan

Yahyaa bin ma'iin: الدوري said regarding him: Weak. He is not reliable. He is nothing

Imaam al-Bukhaari said: He is munkarul hadiith

Abu Haatim al-Raazi
said: One is not to concern oneself with him

Ahmad bin Hanbal
: Abd Allaah said regarding him: He is abandoned when it comes to hadiith

Imaam al-Naasaa'i said
: He is nothing

Imaam al-Daaraqutni declared him weak

Abu Daawud said: He is nothing

Imaam al-Tirmidhi
said: He is weak in regards to hadiith

Reference(s):

تاريخ ابن معين رواية الدوري
Volume 4 Page 309
Volume 3 Page 163 and Page 479

تهذيب الكمال
Volume 23 Page 137

التاريخ الكبير
Volume 7 Page 132

العلل ومعرفة الرجال عن أحمد برواية عبد الله
Volume 3 Page 56

الضعفاء والمتروكين النسائي
Page 236

الضعفاء للبخاري
Page 114

Mountains
12-06-2019, 03:52 AM
everything in the book Usual al kafi is beyone weak and rejected

- - - Updated - - -

Narrated 'Ali: The Prophet said, "Do not tell a lie against me for whoever tells a lie against me (intentionally) then he will surely enter the Hell-fire."

'Abdullah
08-26-2020, 05:02 PM
In order to motivate our youngsters, it is often reported :
Ibn Abbas (radi Allahu anhu) narrated that the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:
The pious offspring who casts a single look of affection at his parents receives a reward from Allah equal to the reward of an accepted Hajj.” The people enquired: “O Prophet of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam), if someone casts a hundred such glances of love and affection at his parents, what then?” The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Yes, indeed, even if one does so a hundred times a day, he will get a hundred fold reward. Allah is far greater than you imagine and is completely free from petty narrow mindedness. [Sahih Muslim]
Firstly, this narration is NOT in Sahih Muslim. This is yet another misattribution.
Secondly, it has been narrated through three different chains of narrators:
  1. It is found in Al-Bayhaqi’s Shu’ab al-iman and contains a narrator by the name of Nahshal Ibn Sa’eed who was accused of lying by Ishaq bin Rahaway and Abu Dawud at-Tayalisi.Ad-Dhahabi graded it munkar (rejected) in his ‘Siyar a’lam an-nubala”’ (19/208) and Al-Albani graded it as mawdu’ in his ‘Silsilat ad-Da’eefah’, 3298.
  2. Also found in Siyaru A’lam-in-Nubala of Al-Dhahabi and its chain contains a certain Muhammad Ibn Humaid whom experts have opined that “he is unreliable / he has many unacceptable narrations / I have not seen anybody more artful in lying than Ibn Humaid”
  3. A third narration is found in Ibn Abid Dunya’s Makarim-ul-Akllaq, but its narrators are also unreliable.

Therefore, all these narrations are extremely weak.
In fact, Allamah Suyuti and Allamah Ibn ‘Arraq have classified it as a fabrication, as both have narrated the Hadith in their books on fabricated Ahadith; Az-Ziyadat ‘Ala al-Mawdhu’at and Tanzihu-sh-Shari’ah respectively.

Thus there’s no way this report is reliable, this hadith is not ‘just weak’, it’s an extremely weak hadith, thus unquotable.
Obeying parents is of course not the matter here, one must respect parents, I am only highlighting the fact this hadith is not in sahih Muslim and in fact cannot be quoted due to its high weakness.

Sources:
http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/27184
https://www.islamweb.net/en/fatwa/301438/
https://hadithanswers.com/a-great-re...-ones-parents/

Abu Fauzi
08-27-2020, 07:55 AM
As-Salaam alaikum,
We need to tread softly on this matter of so-called weak hadith...weak traditions. More often than not, such ahadith should be acceptable in our everyday life as we apply the Sunnah, especially where such ahadith encourage the practice of pious works or those that convey an indisputable spiritual teaching in Islam.

Some of our 'Ulama hold that one of the specific traits of an heir to the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, is to apply Hadith, in as a broad a way as possible, whether they be authentic or weak, by regularly practicing the former, and, even if only once, the latter, taking into account all the nuances brought out by the different versions, without attaching himself solely to the exterior criteria of the validity of the Hadith, except obviously when it is a matter of licit or illicit.

The imitation of the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, in conformity to the Sunnah leads in effect, according to the Holy Qur'an, to Divine Love: "Say: If truly you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you" (3:31)

'Abdullah
08-27-2020, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Fauzi
As-Salaam alaikum,
We need to tread softly on this matter of so-called weak hadith...weak traditions. More often than not, such ahadith should be acceptable in our everyday life as we apply the Sunnah, especially where such ahadith encourage the practice of pious works or those that convey an indisputable spiritual teaching in Islam.

Some of our 'Ulama hold that one of the specific traits of an heir to the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, is to apply Hadith, in as a broad a way as possible, whether they be authentic or weak, by regularly practicing the former, and, even if only once, the latter, taking into account all the nuances brought out by the different versions, without attaching himself solely to the exterior criteria of the validity of the Hadith, except obviously when it is a matter of licit or illicit.

The imitation of the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, in conformity to the Sunnah leads in effect, according to the Holy Qur'an, to Divine Love: "Say: If truly you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you" (3:31)
Wa-Alaikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu,

No offense but I disagree. We dont need fabricated stories to convey the message of Islam when we have hundreds and thosuands of authentic hadiths. I hope you find the link below helpful:
https://mawdu.wordpress.com/2009/05/...-authenticity/

Please read it before replying and commenting. My purpose is only to correct myself and others without getting into arguments. If you insist to use weak and fabricated hadiths then you are free to do so at your own risk. Warnings in hadiths are very severe about those who associate lies with Prophet (peace be upon him).

And Allah knows the best!
Ma'aSalaam

'Abdullah
08-27-2020, 03:27 PM
Fabricated ahadiths/stories about month of Muharram

Some people attribute the sanctity of ‘Ashura’ to the martyrdom of Sayyidna Husain [Radi-Allahu anhu], during his battle with the Syrian army. No doubt, the martyrdom of Sayyidina Husain [Radi-Allahu anhu] is one of the most tragic episodes of our history. Yet, the sanctity of ‘Ashura’ cannot be ascribed to this event for the simple reason that the sanctity of ‘Ashura’ was established during the days of the Holy Prophet ﷺ much earlier than the birth of Sayyidna Husain [Radi-Allahu anhu].
Consequently, deviated groups have been propagating lies about this event together with baseless and bid’ati acts during the month of al-Muharram. Hereunder are some frequently observed:

• That the person applying kohl on this day will not have any pain in the eyes for the entire year.
  • That the person who baths on this day will not suffer any illness for the year.
  • That there is a special salaah to be performed on this day.
  • That the repentance of Prophet Adam [peace be upon him] was accepted on this day.
  • That the ark of Prophet Nooh [peace be upon him] settled on Mount Judi on this day.
  • That on this day Allah reunited Prophet Yusuf [Peace be upon him] his father Prophet Ya’qoob [Peace be upon him].
  • That Prophet Ibrahim [Peace be upon him] was saved from the fire on this day.
  • That on this day Allah sent the ram to be sacrificed in place of Prophet Isma’eel [Peace be upon him]
  • Day of Judgement will be established on this 'Ashura. An authentic hadith reported in Tirmidhi states that Qiyaamah will take place on a Friday.

However, no authentic hadith says that this Friday will fall on the month of Muharram (i.e. the day of Aashura). A hadith of this nature has been classified as a fabrication by Sheikh Ali bin Muhammad Ibn Arraaq (Rahimahullah) and by Allaama Suyuti (rahimahullah). A person called Habib Ibn Abi Habib has concocted it.

Sources and references for this post:
http://www.islamibayanaat.com/Englis...mAndAshura.pdf
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/4033...ay-of-mourning
http://www.albalagh.net/general/muha...ess Traditions

ZeeshanParvez
12-17-2023, 12:48 PM
Shaikh bin Abii Khaalid al-Sufii al-Basrii

He was known to transmit rejected aHadith

Here are some of the munkar ahadith he transmitted:

1. The engraving on the ring of Sulaiman bin Daawud read: There is no God but Allah and Muhammad (sallallaahu alalyhi wa sallam) is His Messenger.

2. People will be called on the day of Qiyaamah by their names except for Adam. He will be called by the kunya Father of Muhammad

3. Hair grows in the nose to protect against leprosy

4. The people of Jannah will have no hair except for Muusaa bin 'Imraan. His beard will reach his navel

Source:
al-Kaamil fi Dhu'afaa al-Rijaal
Volume 6 Page 215-216

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.