PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Swift



Pinky
06-14-2018, 02:49 PM
I'm sure many of us are guilty of listening to music like pop. But do you think someone like taylor swift is decent to listen to? My neice is just 10 and when I were her age I remember I had old pop favourites too. Her songs don't have bad language and she seems to be liked by everyone.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
06-14-2018, 05:15 PM
Asalamualykum,

Is music better than the Quran sharif?

Why don't you encourage her to listen to the word of Allah swt than the voice of the devil?

If an act is haraam it is haraam even if we do not see the evil or reasoning behind Allah's laws.

Shaytaan likes to trick humans into doing the so called small sins but slowly with time it turns into bigger sins. Mostly unconsciously without the human being realising. Pleaae stay away from it. This is the best thing you can do for yourself, the humanity and your akhira.
Reply

Alamgir
06-14-2018, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Pinky
I'm sure many of us are guilty of listening to music like pop. But do you think someone like taylor swift is decent to listen to? My neice is just 10 and when I were her age I remember I had old pop favourites too. Her songs don't have bad language and she seems to be liked by everyone.
Asalamu Alaikum

Abu Ali is way better than that walking tumour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fehLYL4CCs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPpMJPKELe0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKY0xlhGbwA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BjdjE1fN2M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp-Pg240rOI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUAJk8c892o

And for silly people like you, I have a special tune from Tunisia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRBI3lZRAjU

You have no excuse to be some pop-loving degenerate when you have far superior sounds in the form of nasheeds.

If that's not enough, listen to the best of all sounds, the words of Allah Azza Wa Jal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkjNROBu6l0
Reply

Supernova
06-14-2018, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Pinky
I'm sure many of us are guilty of listening to music like pop. But do you think someone like taylor swift is decent to listen to? My neice is just 10 and when I were her age I remember I had old pop favourites too. Her songs don't have bad language and she seems to be liked by everyone.
Asalaamualaykum.

When our deen declares Music haraam - it means the music in itself is haraam irrespective of whether the words are bad or not.

It has the identical stance to Gambling. The actual act of Gambling in itself is haraam and does not depend whether a person wins or loses. The fact that the person has gambled is THE Haraam act.

The same applies to music.

Hope that makes sense.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Zzz_
06-14-2018, 05:42 PM
Taylor swift is more of a country singer so she should be hopefully cleaner in her music and lyrics then other music genres. However, as others have indicated, music itself is haram. Today she will start out with this and what will she be listening to tomorrow? A better option would be to introduce her to nasheeds. Even though not all nasheeds are halal, some are like zain bhika and others are music in them like native deen, but it's still better alternative then the secular music and lyrics.
Reply

Pinky
06-14-2018, 06:18 PM
My niece is very active with her prayers, Masha'Allah, everyday. Even fasting. She even listens to nasheeds alot. ALOT. But what were we all doing and listening to when we were 10? We change as we get older and eventually learn who we are as Muslims and our obligations.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how many kids do the same things in your own families. So is it fair to make these judgements?

- - - Updated - - -

Another example my cousin a few years back as a teenager was into One Direction. But now she's an adult and is very much involved in Islam and daily prayers.
Reply

Pinky
06-14-2018, 06:57 PM
With all this being said, I think as we all must agree that Swift's latest image is horrendous. But I guess the point I am making is that when we are young or as even adults who may not yet be completely invested in Islam as we should, we all like and do things at points in our lives which are haram. All of us. And we need to admit it and not put others down. Kids are kids and they will learn sometimes even the hard way.
Reply

BeTheChange
06-14-2018, 10:00 PM


If i had any influence on the people around me I would definetely try and reach out to them and even threaten to stop talking to them if they continued listening to music especially in my presence. No a big no no. I despise what they are doing to humanity at large. I know that doesn't work all the time with everyone but do something or say something to influence your family in a positive way that would benefit them in thier akhira. Even slow baby steps lead you to ultimate success. You just have to keep trying until your last breath.
Reply

Pinky
06-14-2018, 10:27 PM
If children were to get misguided in life just because of listening to clean pop music (which honestly rarely happens) then that to me says more about the child. That kind of music is meaningless and some children bond over it with others and they make friends. I'm not saying they should buy the cds, no. As long as they do not get obsessed. But, if you think your child is becoming fanatical, then I'd say steer them away. That is when you put a stop to it. But if its something like a birthday party or a few youtube views, why not. They are kids once. They grow up fast. They won't really care about Swift etc when they are older anyway.
Reply

Hamza Asadullah
06-15-2018, 01:27 AM
:sl:

My dear sister not only are the lyrics of these pop stars songs utterly filthy but what these women wear on stage & their Music videos are truly vile. For proof then I request you to read the lyrics of these songs to realise what our children are being exposed to. Yes things in our days were bad but things now are far worse than they have ever been.

These "pop" singers particularly the females display literally everything in their videos and on stage that does not leave much for the imagination. In fact they encourage the listeners to do the same. They promote nothing but filth, promiscuity and evil.

Taylor swift and all these other current Music artists are working for none other than the Satanic occultist Music industry and their lyrics are too filthy to even paste on here let alone expose to our children.

Therefore we must do our best to save our children from this utter filth before they are led astray beyond reach. It is not enough to say " Oh let them make their own mistakes as they will realise in time". But how can you or me guarantee that? Do we not realise how many youth have lost their imaan and ended up marrying non Muslims? These "mistakes" can lead to their total destruction and losing imaan. What bigger loss is their than that? Therefore we must realise that there is no guarantee of guidance after a person is led astray.

So we must do everything in our power to educate our children as to the true reality of the satanic Music industry and these fake celebrities who unfortunately have become role models for our children. If we do not give them the right role models then these filthy vermin will become their role models. At least if we tried our best then whatever happens later on in life then at least we can say we did our best.

Of course we should approach these matters tactfully and not force or go to the extremes with our children but we must guide and educate them and teach them Islamic knowledge and morals so that they may have the best chance to overcome the evils that will come their way during their youth.

We should try and encourage them to get involved in doing good for the community, make them Salons/Aalimahs, Haafidh/Haafidhas and to yearn for the pleasure of Allah. We can also create an Islamic atmosphere in our homes and listen to beneficial Islamic lectures and read portions of good Islamic books. We can also do our bit and pray and practice our Deen so that we may be a good example for them. But if our hearts are chasing the worldly life then what kind of example are we?

May Allah save us and our youth from being led astray by the evil and deception of this worldly life. Ameen
Reply

Pinky
06-15-2018, 06:51 AM
Yes you are right. But the truth is there are young and older muslims out there right now listening to pop, rap, rock music. And they are for sure in your own families. Don't try to deny it. Lyrics in today's songs are filthy and they use symbolism which are satanic. My niece goes to an islamic primary school so alot of things like that are banned. And I will level with all of you. My niece does not actually listen to Taylor Swift nor has she ever watched or talked about her. I was just posting this thread about it Incase she is ever exposed to this music e.g by her friends at school. However, my niece has listened to such pop records like Happy by Pharell Williams and Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake because they are the soundtracks to the Despicable Me and Trolls movies. And a few years ago Let It Go from Frozen. Now to my knowledge those songs are actually clean. And guess what, these days she is always talking to me about Maher Zain and she watches his songs on youtube.
Reply

Zeal
06-15-2018, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Pinky
I'm sure many of us are guilty of listening to music like pop. But do you think someone like taylor swift is decent to listen to? My neice is just 10 and when I were her age I remember I had old pop favourites too. Her songs don't have bad language and she seems to be liked by everyone.
I think she did a Mikey Cyrus

Its one of the worst things because at one stage of her life parents would be okay with her kinda act and behaviour but now she's basically a ----
Reply

ChosenTCO
06-15-2018, 11:37 AM
For those who are trying to suggest that Quran can somehow replace music. This, simply will never work.
I get that you are trying to encourage others towards khair and all, but truth of the matter is that nothing can replace music (and likewise nothing can replace the Quran).

People who suggest to listen to Quran instead of music should consider the times of when music is actually being played and think where the Quran could be played in the same conditions or not. Can music really be replaced by Quran when they're played in:
  1. Restaurants?
  2. Gym?
  3. Parties/Gatherings?
  4. Playing games?
  5. Work?
  6. Shower?
  7. Being intimate with your spouse?


Please note that it is not permissible to have Quran playing in the background while being distracted from its recitations -> [Quran 7:204] ... So how can we listen to the Quran in these conditions. Point is, Music cannot be replaced by Quran 100%.

Im not trying to say that music is 100% halal or its 100% haram. Im only implying that we shouldn't claim that music is 100% haram like some of us are doing here on this thread. The topic is much more complicated than we think. This wouldnt be such a massive debate among scholars if there was a clear cut prohibition in the Quran or Ahadith. There isnt. And for those who will post the hadith about muslims permitting zina, alcohol and music at the end times, i can also post a hadith about female singers being permitted in weddings too. There isnt a definitive answer to this question. However, it can be easily observed that islam dislikes music in general. (thats completely different from it being 100% haram) ...

Sometimes, oversimplifying something can cause more damage than good. So lets call it out like it is not try to make simplifications of our own. The topic whether music is haram or not is debated among scholars and there are evidences that supports both claims. So in such a case, it is best to avoid music all together.

Now as for taylor swift. I personally have listened to some of her music, some are ok some are not, specially the newer ones. Its obvious that the pop music industry has a lot of filth in it that we should stay away from and refrain from listening to it. Specially our young ones. Its not ok to expose them to such vulgarness and attitude. But there are other types of music that have no filth at all, yet you will find other claiming it is haram too. i personally do not believe that they are. Here are a few of the music that i listen to that i do not think is anywhere near haram: (i will only post names or titles of video you can look up on youtube, but i wont post links as this might anger some of the moderators :omg::phew)

  1. john dreamer - rise
  2. john dreamer - true strength
  3. Generdyn ft Zayde Wolf - Heroes
  4. Two Steps from hell - Victory
  5. Aero Chord - Surface
  6. Rival & Cadmium ‒ Just Breathe
  7. Medal Of Honor European Assault Soundtrack - Main Theme


The main thing about music is that is it meant to stir up emotions and increase the passion within. Its sometimes meant to make us feel its very relatable, help us in our downtime, distract us from boringness of work, motivate you during harsh tasks. Problem is that these things that play with our emotions can sometimes be addictive and mess with our normal levels of emotions till it takes a hold of us so that we cant let go. Similarly to how a person can get addictive to a certain lover because they stir up his love emotions so much he cant let go, or a person who loves the feeling of power that money gives him he becomes a slave to it. So we must be careful when listening to music as we can fall into that trap ... That is if you dont choose to avoid it for an islamic sake in the first place.

When comparing this to the Quran, you will find that there is no point of comparison between the two. That is how different they are from one another. The Quran is meant for the muslims (as well as the non muslims) as a reminder of reality and the after life. As comfort and medicine for the hearts and chests of those who believe. A way to bring blessings and a means to drive angels of mercy towards us. A book to Ponder upon its miracles. Whereas music is a thing of this dunya that is only meant to aid us in our worldly struggles, but if misused can bring upon us great harm. So be moderate in the ways and amount you listen to. And with time try to leave it all together to improve your takwaa :)

And Allah knows best.
Reply

Abz2000
06-15-2018, 08:18 PM
Lol imagine the effect on a child who listens to a song that keeps repeating "my milkshake is better than yours, it's better than yours, better than yours", for entertainment.
no wonder secular liberal minded teens these days are so frivolous, greedy, and vain.

I used to be an idiot when i played mind perverting songs for entertainment, i do still go and play some select thoughtful songs for educational purpose but i am certain of the fact that iqs are being purposefully lowered with most of the crap being put out there.

Heaven ain't a place on earth
and Gaga o la la i defo don't want your disease.
Reply

aflawedbeing
06-17-2018, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Zzz_
TA better option would be to introduce her to nasheeds. Even though not all nasheeds are halal, some are like zain bhika and others are music in them like native deen, but it's still better alternative then the secular music and lyrics.
Yes. Not all Nasheeds are halal, I get that.
But these things may be useful for people who need it to transition to the halal from the haraam.

The biggest shame here is that not only are they haraam nasheeds, but Native Deen, Zain Bhikha, Maher Zain...They're just not talented enough to help people make that stepping stone should they need. :/
I mean, have you actually heard Native Deen!? I was big into music, especially before I came to Islam...They just aren't very good.
Reply

Alamgir
06-17-2018, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by ChosenTCO
For those who are trying to suggest that Quran can somehow replace music. This, simply will never work.
I get that you are trying to encourage others towards khair and all, but truth of the matter is that nothing can replace music (and likewise nothing can replace the Quran).

People who suggest to listen to Quran instead of music should consider the times of when music is actually being played and think where the Quran could be played in the same conditions or not. Can music really be replaced by Quran when they're played in:
  1. Restaurants?
  2. Gym?
  3. Parties/Gatherings?
  4. Playing games?
  5. Work?
  6. Shower?
  7. Being intimate with your spouse?


Please note that it is not permissible to have Quran playing in the background while being distracted from its recitations -> [Quran 7:204] ... So how can we listen to the Quran in these conditions. Point is, Music cannot be replaced by Quran 100%.

Im not trying to say that music is 100% halal or its 100% haram. Im only implying that we shouldn't claim that music is 100% haram like some of us are doing here on this thread. The topic is much more complicated than we think. This wouldnt be such a massive debate among scholars if there was a clear cut prohibition in the Quran or Ahadith. There isnt. And for those who will post the hadith about muslims permitting zina, alcohol and music at the end times, i can also post a hadith about female singers being permitted in weddings too. There isnt a definitive answer to this question. However, it can be easily observed that islam dislikes music in general. (thats completely different from it being 100% haram) ...

Sometimes, oversimplifying something can cause more damage than good. So lets call it out like it is not try to make simplifications of our own. The topic whether music is haram or not is debated among scholars and there are evidences that supports both claims. So in such a case, it is best to avoid music all together.

Now as for taylor swift. I personally have listened to some of her music, some are ok some are not, specially the newer ones. Its obvious that the pop music industry has a lot of filth in it that we should stay away from and refrain from listening to it. Specially our young ones. Its not ok to expose them to such vulgarness and attitude. But there are other types of music that have no filth at all, yet you will find other claiming it is haram too. i personally do not believe that they are. Here are a few of the music that i listen to that i do not think is anywhere near haram: (i will only post names or titles of video you can look up on youtube, but i wont post links as this might anger some of the moderators :omg::phew)

  1. john dreamer - rise
  2. john dreamer - true strength
  3. Generdyn ft Zayde Wolf - Heroes
  4. Two Steps from hell - Victory
  5. Aero Chord - Surface
  6. Rival & Cadmium ‒ Just Breathe
  7. Medal Of Honor European Assault Soundtrack - Main Theme


The main thing about music is that is it meant to stir up emotions and increase the passion within. Its sometimes meant to make us feel its very relatable, help us in our downtime, distract us from boringness of work, motivate you during harsh tasks. Problem is that these things that play with our emotions can sometimes be addictive and mess with our normal levels of emotions till it takes a hold of us so that we cant let go. Similarly to how a person can get addictive to a certain lover because they stir up his love emotions so much he cant let go, or a person who loves the feeling of power that money gives him he becomes a slave to it. So we must be careful when listening to music as we can fall into that trap ... That is if you dont choose to avoid it for an islamic sake in the first place.

When comparing this to the Quran, you will find that there is no point of comparison between the two. That is how different they are from one another. The Quran is meant for the muslims (as well as the non muslims) as a reminder of reality and the after life. As comfort and medicine for the hearts and chests of those who believe. A way to bring blessings and a means to drive angels of mercy towards us. A book to Ponder upon its miracles. Whereas music is a thing of this dunya that is only meant to aid us in our worldly struggles, but if misused can bring upon us great harm. So be moderate in the ways and amount you listen to. And with time try to leave it all together to improve your takwaa :)

And Allah knows best.
Asalamu Alaikum

Anything with instruments or dirty lyrics is haram.

Want something more casual? Listen to nasheeds or find acapella's of clean songs.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by aflawedbeing
Yes. Not all Nasheeds are halal, I get that.
But these things may be useful for people who need it to transition to the halal from the haraam.

The biggest shame here is that not only are they haraam nasheeds, but Native Deen, Zain Bhikha, Maher Zain...They're just not talented enough to help people make that stepping stone should they need. :/
I mean, have you actually heard Native Deen!? I was big into music, especially before I came to Islam...They just aren't very good.
Asalamu Alaikum

Abu Ali is by far the best nasheed artist, perfectly halal and incredibly catchy.
Reply

ChosenTCO
06-17-2018, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by Al Khorasani
Asalamu Alaikum

Anything with instruments or dirty lyrics is haram.

Want something more casual? Listen to nasheeds or find acapella's of clean songs.
Wa alaykom Al salaam brother.

Again, you are over simplifying the issue.
There is no dispute over whether dirty lyrics are haram or not. I think all of us on this forum can agree that they are.
However, the issue comes when you generalize about musical instruments. There are no clear cut ayaat in the Holy book that bluntly forbids musical instruments at all. As for the hadeeths, just like there are hadeeths indicating prohibition of musical instruments, there are other hadeeths that shows some were permitted. So to simply say anything with instruments as haram is simply not true and is an oversimplification. There are certain musical instruments that were permitted back then. And to add on to the ambiguity, there are many instruments of today that did not exist back then ... so there is no way the prophet could have forbade it when it did not exist as well.

And with regards to nasheeds, its not that different from musical instruments in the way it captivates the heart and manipulate emotions. Its just that musical instrument are so much better at doing so. In either cases one should avoid listening to both of them all the same. The only melody that should be encouraged here is the melody of the one who recites the Quran.
Reply

Alamgir
06-17-2018, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by ChosenTCO
Wa alaykom Al salaam brother.

Again, you are over simplifying the issue.
There is no dispute over whether dirty lyrics are haram or not. I think all of us on this forum can agree that they are.
However, the issue comes when you generalize about musical instruments. There are no clear cut ayaat in the Holy book that bluntly forbids musical instruments at all. As for the hadeeths, just like there are hadeeths indicating prohibition of musical instruments, there are other hadeeths that shows some were permitted. So to simply say anything with instruments as haram is simply not true and is an oversimplification. There are certain musical instruments that were permitted back then. And to add on to the ambiguity, there are many instruments of today that did not exist back then ... so there is no way the prophet could have forbade it when it did not exist as well.

And with regards to nasheeds, its not that different from musical instruments in the way it captivates the heart and manipulate emotions. Its just that musical instrument are so much better at doing so. In either cases one should avoid listening to both of them all the same. The only melody that should be encouraged here is the melody of the one who recites the Quran.
It's not ambiguous, it's so clear cut that instruments are haram that Imam Abu Hanifa considered someone a Kafir if they actively enjoyed listening to instruments. Pretty much all the classical scholars (minus a few of course) considered instruments haram, only children were allowed to play them.

Some scholars gave exceptions to percussion based instruments, but that's as much leeway one can give without becoming dishonest about whst Islam says.

Don't try and bring logic into this, Islamic rules are meant to be obeyed without question. If you already believe in Islam, no point in questioning every minor detail and trying to bring logic into things.
Reply

JustTime
06-18-2018, 02:25 AM
probably not, putting aside the fact music is haram, she's done all kinds of nasty and unspeakable things.
Reply

ChosenTCO
06-18-2018, 05:11 AM
Originally Posted by Al Khorasani
It's not ambiguous, it's so clear cut that instruments are haram that Imam Abu Hanifa considered someone a Kafir if they actively enjoyed listening to instruments. Pretty much all the classical scholars (minus a few of course) considered instruments haram, only children were allowed to play them.

Some scholars gave exceptions to percussion based instruments, but that's as much leeway one can give without becoming dishonest about whst Islam says.

Don't try and bring logic into this, Islamic rules are meant to be obeyed without question. If you already believe in Islam, no point in questioning every minor detail and trying to bring logic into things.
Logic and minor details are the things that differentiates between a normal moderate muslim and an ISIS-tard.
Look at how they obey their sheikhs without question. Look at how they murder fellow muslims in cold blood, all because they refrain from using their brains.
If you are asking me to use the same way of following sects as they do, then im sorry but i will not abandon my intellect. It is a gift from Allah upon humans to be able to think for themselves, and abandoning it would be a foolish thing to do.

Again, oversimplifying something usually brings a lot more harm than good. Specially when detail is needed to derive rules and commands from religious texts. if it werent important, we wouldn't need all those scholars in the arabic language, let alone scholars in islamic fiqh.

Salam brother.
Reply

Alamgir
06-18-2018, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by ChosenTCO
Logic and minor details are the things that differentiates between a normal moderate muslim and an ISIS-tard.
Look at how they obey their sheikhs without question. Look at how they murder fellow muslims in cold blood, all because they refrain from using their brains.
If you are asking me to use the same way of following sects as they do, then im sorry but i will not abandon my intellect. It is a gift from Allah upon humans to be able to think for themselves, and abandoning it would be a foolish thing to do.

Again, oversimplifying something usually brings a lot more harm than good. Specially when detail is needed to derive rules and commands from religious texts. if it werent important, we wouldn't need all those scholars in the arabic language, let alone scholars in islamic fiqh.

Salam brother.
Literally every time something you more liberal types don't like comes up, you bring ISIS into the conversation when they aren't even relevant. It's getting boring.

Your intellect is not to be used in regards to rules. For rules, you simply investigate if Islam truly commands that and if so, it becomes a rule. Whether or not you understand the ruling is irrelevant.

All instruments other than percussion based ones are almost universally regarded as haram. There is no ambiguity.
Reply

Hamza Asadullah
06-18-2018, 07:29 PM
ChosenTCO you don't even have an argument. Not Islamically nor logically. You talk about there being a "heated debate" amongst scholars regarding the permissability of Music which is ridiculous when it is clear cut that Music is forbidden by the vast majority of scholars. The only "debate" was as to the type of instruments allowed. Even then it is only allowed in the context of a wedding celebration and the permissability was with regards to a Duff (type of drum). You even stated yourself that it "stirs emotions". You think it stirs the right type of emotions? Nothing but lustful desires!

You talk about intellect? As if the impermissibly of Music is illogical or something. Where is the intellect in allowing music with filthy lyrics and totally nude women destroying the youth and our society? Where is the intellect in stirring up lustful desires? Where is the intellect in allowing that which deters from the remembrance of Allah? You talk about good music? SubhanAllah. There is nothing good in that which is forbidden. You will never find any benefit in it except harm.

SubhanAllah what a sad state of affairs when we side with an occult linked satanic Music industry who uses its puppets to misguide mankind and is rampant with occult symbolism. Yet we try to justify that which is evil. We must wake up and realise what is going on around us!

How can we be so asleep to the true reality of what is going on? Let us ask of Allah to open our eyes. We must go against our desires which is inclined towards that which is evil. If we are so asleep as to the true reality of Music then I really feel for our children. As I stated previously we must educate our children. But how can we if we are not even educated as to the true reality of Music? Then we must learn so our eyes open. The resources are there for us and it is easier to learn about things now than ever before. So there is no excuse for us?

May Allah open our eyes, ears and heart to the truth and awaken us from our deep sleep. Ameen
Reply

Mahir Adnan
06-19-2018, 07:50 PM
I would like you to watch this lecture by hamza yusuf. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRnqnZ-dzCQ
the lecture was awesome.
well, I hear rhamzan days a lot. you check it out. most of his songs are halal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O6wmp1mL2A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Xi6kM5vAw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vVF2eVRIAM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIWl9R-0Hbg
https://video.genyoutube.net/S_RnBAEEZPI
Reply

ChosenTCO
06-20-2018, 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
ChosenTCO you don't even have an argument. Not Islamically nor logically. You talk about there being a "heated debate" amongst scholars regarding the permissability of Music which is ridiculous when it is clear cut that Music is forbidden by the vast majority of scholars. The only "debate" was as to the type of instruments allowed. Even then it is only allowed in the context of a wedding celebration and the permissability was with regards to a Duff (type of drum). You even stated yourself that it "stirs emotions". You think it stirs the right type of emotions? Nothing but lustful desires!

You talk about intellect? As if the impermissibly of Music is illogical or something. Where is the intellect in allowing music with filthy lyrics and totally nude women destroying the youth and our society? Where is the intellect in stirring up lustful desires? Where is the intellect in allowing that which deters from the remembrance of Allah? You talk about good music? SubhanAllah. There is nothing good in that which is forbidden. You will never find any benefit in it except harm.

SubhanAllah what a sad state of affairs when we side with an occult linked satanic Music industry who uses its puppets to misguide mankind and is rampant with occult symbolism. Yet we try to justify that which is evil. We must wake up and realise what is going on around us!

How can we be so asleep to the true reality of what is going on? Let us ask of Allah to open our eyes. We must go against our desires which is inclined towards that which is evil. If we are so asleep as to the true reality of Music then I really feel for our children. As I stated previously we must educate our children. But how can we if we are not even educated as to the true reality of Music? Then we must learn so our eyes open. The resources are there for us and it is easier to learn about things now than ever before. So there is no excuse for us?

May Allah open our eyes, ears and heart to the truth and awaken us from our deep sleep. Ameen
Is it really me who has no argument? You say that it is clear cut that music is forbidden, yet in the very next sentence, you say that there was a debate about the type of instruments allowed. Why would there be a debate about the instruments if music in of itself is forbidden? It seems to me like you are contradicting yourself and generalizing. Same thing what brother Al Kharasani did.

How can you talk about ”the true reality of music” when all it is to you is “nothing but lustful desires”? How can you talk about its truth when your so misinformed about it? Are you unaware of the massive diversity of music genres that exist today? Are they all lustful in your eyes? How can a song about losing someone be lustful, about war, about life’s hardships, about happiness, about our countries, about those we love, about achievements … all lustful as well?

Its not my state you should be sad about … It seems like you’ve been fed so much hate towards music all you hear about it are the ones talking about girls and naked bodies when there is so much more to music. Its true that that most popular type of songs today are the ones portraying promiscuous girls and promoting nakedness, but that’s not because its all there is to music, its actually because of the media and how they shove it down our throats, posting it on the trending pages of youtube, radio stations, twitter and all that nonsense. But that doesn’t give you the right to go ahead and ban all of it out right.

Like I said before, im not trying to promote music here. All im saying is that if your going to pass information regarding a thing’s permissibility or not, then you shouldn’t generalize because clearly you forbade something which you yourself said to be permissible in certain conditions. So pass your information correctly and specifically lest you want islam to be twisted into something its not.

You speak about my intellect when talking about music and its prohibition. At least I make efforts in understanding the reason of prohibition and not just taking it at the surface level. Knowing the reason for its prohibition will also give you the knowledge of when to apply the prohibition instead of applying it whenever and wherever willy nilly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccmkkmgwpOI

Have a listen to this video and enable the subtitles if you don’t understand Arabic. Inshallah you will benefit from this video like I did.
Salam ...
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
HeartHijab.com | Hijab Sale | Pound Shop | International Institute of Entrepreneurship and Professional Development - IIEPD | Truly Halal Humour

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!