/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why is my Muslim Mom obsessed with being beautiful?

MiracleSurvivor
08-26-2018, 02:25 AM
We are Arabs BTW, my mom wear hijab and she is obsessed the way me and my sister look. She gets oil for my hair and eyelashes ( YES EYELASHES TO MAKE THEM LONGER), and she reminds me to stay in shape and not gain weight since she said that men prefer women in shape. She think that if I look good i have better chance to attract husband. I'm still young but sometimes she makes me over whelmed.

Any Islamic way to deal with this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Karl
08-26-2018, 03:31 AM
Yes wear a burqa. Makeup is haram. A burqa will keep your skin in good condition and men will love the mystery of what you may look like and it is very devout. If you appear pure you will get a husband. If you paint yourself and dress vainly you are sinning and men will think you are loose and easy. Jezebels may be popular but they are never respected.

Abz2000
08-26-2018, 06:41 AM
Although it is not haraam for a female to adorn herself - overdoing it can be a sign of naivety, vanity, and sometimes other hidden bad intentions.
But as long as she doesn't wrongly expose herself to non-mahram males - adorning her eyes and wearing saffron etc for colour depth, and ornaments are permissible.

Does she watch a lot of secular T.V where females continually show their adornment?

Mandy
10-09-2018, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MiracleSurvivor
We are Arabs BTW, my mom wear hijab and she is obsessed the way me and my sister look. She gets oil for my hair and eyelashes ( YES EYELASHES TO MAKE THEM LONGER), and she reminds me to stay in shape and not gain weight since she said that men prefer women in shape. She think that if I look good i have better chance to attract husband. I'm still young but sometimes she makes me over whelmed.

Any Islamic way to deal with this?
I think your mother just cares a lot about you and your sister and wants what is best for the 2 of you. Just be open about it and tell her when you think it is too much. I am sure she will understand.

And as others have said, do make sure that you stay modest in your outside appearance when outside of your home.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.