/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Praying Without Hijab...?

TinyMess
09-02-2018, 06:58 PM
I have been informed that women should be fully covered when praying.
My question is, for those of us converts who have no access to hijab.. Will Allah accept our prayers?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
09-02-2018, 10:18 PM
Do you have no sheets of clean cloth whatsoever with which you can cover your head?

A head covering hijab is a clean piece of opaque cloth which doesn't require any specific rituals or chants to be made over it by specially designated clergy for it to be transformed - you can simply sacrifice a piece of cloth in Allah's name.

We use towels, t-shirts, bedsheets, pieces of paper, plastic bags etc when we have no access to prayer mats.

TinyMess
09-02-2018, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Do you have no sheets of clean cloth whatsoever with which you can cover your head?

A head covering hijab is a clean piece of opaque cloth which doesn't require any specific rituals or chants to be made over it by specially designated clergy for it to be transformed - you can simply sacrifice a piece of cloth in Allah's name.

We use towels, t-shirts, bedsheets, pieces of paper, plastic bags etc when we have no access to prayer mats.
Thank you! Why I didn’t think of bedsheets before... I have no idea. I will use them [emoji5]

eesa the kiwi
09-03-2018, 12:15 AM
Asalamu alaikum rahmatullah wa barakatu

Perhaps there are some sisters here InshaAllah who wouldn't mind posting you some of their old ones

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

@charisma @be the change do you know of any organisations that provide hijabs to converts or do you know anyone who can help

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
HisServant
09-03-2018, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TinyMess
Thank you! Why I didn’t think of bedsheets before... I have no idea. I will use them [emoji5]
:p You don't need to use bedsheets sis, lol. Do you have scarfs/shawls you can use those as head wraps/part of the hijab. Also, wearing loose long clothing that covers everything excepting the hands, face and feet,... dresses, skirts tops. Usually, Islamic Centers or massjids tend to have some hijabs available for reverts.

One way for instructing how to tie/fix your hijab/shawl found here and online store to make purchases.

Sorry about the music in that video. I actually have a few hijabs & Quran, Islamic books to give away, if the moderators don't respond (and you trust me :P) send a personal message with details.

JustTime
09-03-2018, 05:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TinyMess
I have been informed that women should be fully covered when praying.
My question is, for those of us converts who have no access to hijab.. Will Allah accept our prayers?
Firstly have you tried to assemble one while doing your prayers? It isn't complicated to wrap some material, secondly if you have absolutely no way to cover yourself during prayer then more than likely Allah will accept your salat.

BeTheChange
09-03-2018, 09:08 AM
Asalamualykum

Do you live in UK sis?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.