PDA

View Full Version : About the rich waiting for years before the poor that will enter heaven first



emem.masorong
09-05-2018, 05:26 AM
It is said that the rich believers will wait for 500 or 40 years before the poor believers to enter Jannah. It is also said they will be detained. There are certain verses that say being poor leads to unbelief. Having wealth is a test as well. It is also said that earning your food from the good work you do is better than begging for it. Where will the rich believers stay while waiting? Inside the coffin? The life there? 500 years or 40 years? What will sustain him/her? Based on the article I read, there's this, "It depends" thing, as I remember.

I'm just making sure. Maybe someone here could help.

The Prophet (salAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) also said, "I was shown the first three to enter Paradise: the Shaheed (the martyr); the one who is chaste and proud; and the slave who worships Allah (subhanu wa ta'ala) with devotion and is faithful and sincere towards his master"

What if I am rich like the Prophet Job, who became wealthy after some suffering(maybe it was after the suffering. If someone can clarify, please do so. Thank you), and I pray everyday, fast, pay zakat, I am kind, and I do the obligations of a Muslim, can I still enter Jannah with the first ones?

They say there are rich people who died and entered Jannah and had one of the highest ranks. They did what I said up above, that they prayed, fasted, payed zakat, etc. I'm thinking...

"Whatever Allah wills" because I trust him. He does what he wills. What we think he can do, he can. What if we pray that we enter Jannah with the first ones? Allah can do that. He can do anything.

I thought of a simple dua: "Oh Allah(swt), make us enter Jannah among the first ones. Make our paths to Jannah easy."

May God bless us all.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
09-05-2018, 08:13 AM
no.

The entering in the Jannah starts after resurrection. everyone will stand up from his grave, face their judgement, see the Jannah on the other side of a canyon and walk towards the Siraat Bridge which is the only path leading to it.
We may or may not wait for our turns to be judged or time to cross the bridge. the ones with hell as destiny will fall of the Siraat bridge.
During your waiting time, you will not need sustainance, since that is only a thing here on earth to fuel your body...
Reply

emem.masorong
09-05-2018, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by umie
no.

The entering in the Jannah starts after resurrection. everyone will stand up from his grave, face their judgement, see the Jannah on the other side of a canyon and walk towards the Siraat Bridge which is the only path leading to it.
We may or may not wait for our turns to be judged or time to cross the bridge. the ones with hell as destiny will fall of the Siraat bridge.
During your waiting time, you will not need sustainance, since that is only a thing here on earth to fuel your body...
Oh... Okay. Thanks for your answer. May God bless us all and make our path to Jannah easy.
Reply

Abz2000
09-05-2018, 10:55 AM
Qaala yaa layta qawmee ya'lamoon - bi maa ghafara lee rabbee wa ja'alanee min al mukrameen.


Time is a weird and fixed thing to humans - but to Allah :swt: it stretches and contracts as He pleases.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Hearts of green birds
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
emem.masorong
09-05-2018, 10:58 AM
Thank you for your reply. May Allah(swt) bless us all.
Reply

urkahnkhan
09-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Don't worry brother. 500yrs is just 12 hours delay. Because they operate on different time zone in the 7th heaven and near paradise. 1000-years of our time equals 24 hours of up there clockwise.

When the prophet said 500 years he meant 12 hours in Akhira time-zone hours
Reply

emem.masorong
09-06-2018, 05:45 AM
Originally Posted by urkahnkhan
Don't worry brother. 500yrs is just 12 hours delay. Because they operate on different time zone in the 7th heaven and near paradise. 1000-years of our time equals 24 hours of up there clockwise.

When the prophet said 500 years he meant 12 hours in Akhira time-zone hours
Thank you. I put down in my notebook, jotted down duas for reaching Paradise easily. Duas like if you pronounce, Jannah would be mandatory for you. Can you please show me reference of the time your saying in the Quran? Thank you very much. May Allah bless you and all of us.
Reply

Ümit
09-06-2018, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by emem.masorong
Thank you. I put down in my notebook, jotted down duas for reaching Paradise easily. Duas like if you pronounce, Jannah would be mandatory for you. Can you please show me reference of the time your saying in the Quran? Thank you very much. May Allah bless you and all of us.
sorry emem, but there are no duas that make Jannah mandatory for you. there is no such thing as a guarantee that if you do this or that...or if you say this or that...you will go to Jannah guaranteed. of course things like never skipping salah, fasting, going on pilgrimage make you earn Jannah...but still, you do not have the guarantee.

about what urkahnkhan said, I think he did not mean it that literally. what he meant is that time as we experience here on Earth it totally different than time in the-hereafter. It will be experienced totally different for each individual.
1 hour as we know here on earth, can be experienced as 1 year for one individual in the-hereafter, while at the same time another individual will experience it more like 1 year.
it totally depends on Allah's judgement about you.

example:
let us say, judgement day is on 01.01.2019. roughly 4 months from now. person A and B both die today. both Muslims, but person A had a lot of sins and person B had very little sins.
Both will be punished for their sins before they can enter Jannah. Person A will experience those 40 days more like 40 years...person B more like 40 minutes.

again, this is just an example...not that there are rules for it...it is totally up to Allah.
Reply

emem.masorong
09-06-2018, 07:56 AM
I am very thankful to you for helping me. Can anyone show me reference to what you said? That 40 years = 40 days or 40 minutes? Is there a Quran or hadeeth with this for myself to actually read it there? I'm sorry. I do believe in what you are saying, but I just want it referenced from the Quran or the hadeeths of the Prophet Muhammad(saw). Thank you so much.
Reply

urkahnkhan
09-06-2018, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by umie
sorry emem, but there are no duas that make Jannah mandatory for you. there is no such thing as a guarantee that if you do this or that...or if you say this or that...you will go to Jannah guaranteed. of course things like never skipping salah, fasting, going on pilgrimage make you earn Jannah...but still, you do not have the guarantee.

about what urkahnkhan said, I think he did not mean it that literally. what he meant is that time as we experience here on Earth it totally different than time in the-hereafter. It will be experienced totally different for each individual.
1 hour as we know here on earth, can be experienced as 1 year for one individual in the-hereafter, while at the same time another individual will experience it more like 1 year.
it totally depends on Allah's judgement about you.

example:
let us say, judgement day is on 01.01.2019. roughly 4 months from now. person A and B both die today. both Muslims, but person A had a lot of sins and person B had very little sins.
Both will be punished for their sins before they can enter Jannah. Person A will experience those 40 days more like 40 years...person B more like 40 minutes.

again, this is just an example...not that there are rules for it...it is totally up to Allah.
I meant what I said literally and that is the true timezone hour with Allah (swt). 1000-year of our time is literally 24-hour up there clockwise.

Also in the Quran there is conversation between the former peoples and the later peoples. Where the former people will first ask themselves when they come out of the grave for how long they remained behind on earth and they will say a day or half of a day and note they use to live upto 1000-year these former peoples and where as the later peoples will also ask themselves the same question but they will say instead we remained behind an hour or little over an hour
Reply

emem.masorong
09-06-2018, 08:01 AM
Thank you so much. May Allah bless you, all your love ones, and all of us. Alhamdulillah.
Reply

urkahnkhan
09-06-2018, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by emem.masorong
Thank you so much. May Allah bless you, all your love ones, and all of us. Alhamdulillah.
1-Hour according to the akhira time is 41-year of our time.

Also there is a bargain in the quran if you do this you will be granted Jannah and one of the places where Allah personally offers a bargain.

Read surah As-saf verse 10-14 and if you see this through inshallah you will be the people of paradisre.
Reply

emem.masorong
09-06-2018, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by urkahnkhan
1-Hour according to the akhira time is 41-year of our time.

Also there is a bargain in the quran if you do this you will be granted Jannah and one of the places where Allah personally offers a bargain.

Read surah As-saf verse 10-14 and if you see this through inshallah you will be the people of paradisre.
Thank you so much. May Allah bless you, your love ones, and all of us. May we reach Jannah easily and peacefully. Alhamdulillah.
Reply

Ümit
09-06-2018, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by urkahnkhan
I meant what I said literally and that is the true timezone hour with Allah (swt). 1000-year of our time is literally 24-hour up there clockwise.

Also in the Quran there is conversation between the former peoples and the later peoples. Where the former people will first ask themselves when they come out of the grave for how long they remained behind on earth and they will say a day or half of a day and note they use to live upto 1000-year these former peoples and where as the later peoples will also ask themselves the same question but they will say instead we remained behind an hour or little over an hour
Yes I remember something like that. they would say something like "I only stayed a day on earth, or half a day". so the time in Barzaqh is much longer than time in our reality....do you also know which verse it was?
Reply

emem.masorong
09-06-2018, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by umie
Yes I remember something like that. they would say something like "I only stayed a day on earth, or half a day". so the time in Barzaqh is much longer than time in our reality....do you also know which verse it was?
Thank you. Longer time in barzaqh than our reality? Why is it on their comments, they said that the akhira's time is shorter. 1000 years here is 24 hours there? Hm... Maybe someone could explain. I'm thankful to all your help. May Allah bless us all. Alhamdulillah.
Reply

Ümit
09-06-2018, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by emem.masorong
I am very thankful to you for helping me. Can anyone show me reference to what you said? That 40 years = 40 days or 40 minutes? Is there a Quran or hadeeth with this for myself to actually read it there? I'm sorry. I do believe in what you are saying, but I just want it referenced from the Quran or the hadeeths of the Prophet Muhammad(saw). Thank you so much.
No, what I've said was just random numbers...it was meant as an example to show you that time in the-hereafter is totally different than time in our reality. I did not meant to say 40 years = 40 days or whatsoever.
it is true what urkhankhan said that there is this verse that a dead person was asked "how long have you been on earth" and he will reply something like "a day or half a day" (something like that).

It sounds logical...I am now 39 years old...the time I was a child feels like as if it was only a couple of days back. if you think about the past, it feels like the years have been passing by very fast....and the time we have on earth is very very limited.

However, this verse does not provide information about how we will experience time in barzaqh and whether it will be the same experience for everyone. one minute in this reality is one minute to everyone...and everyone experiences this one minute the same way.
in barzaqh however, this might not be the case...I do not know.

again...if 2 people die today...one with many sins...and one with very little sins...both muslims....and the judgement day is tomorrow already...how will they spend their time in barzaqh in a just way? the only possible way seems like...either one will get a much more severe punishment than the other....or...the time experience being punished in Barzaqh is much longer for the sinner....or maybe both.
that is why I thought, maybe the time experience is different.

There really is not much information available about this.
Reply

emem.masorong
09-06-2018, 09:22 AM
Thank you so much. May Allah bless you more and all of us. Alhamdulillah. You are intelligent Umie. All of us are. I appreciate all your help. I think I will just of course, continue and persist, be kinder and kinder as time passes by, repent for my sins, and just complete the 5 pillars of Islam as much as I can and worship Allah forever. We will be reciting dhikrs or what is in the hearts or in our toungues, maybe, when we die. Astaghfirullah if there is something wrong with what I said. But I read somewhere that that is what we will do in Jannah(one of the things we'll do there). Why wouldn't we? Allah has given us paradise. Alhamdulillah.
Reply

Ümit
09-06-2018, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by emem.masorong
Thank you. Longer time in barzaqh than our reality? Why is it on their comments, they said that the akhira's time is shorter. 1000 years here is 24 hours there? Hm... Maybe someone could explain. I'm thankful to all your help. May Allah bless us all. Alhamdulillah.
think about it...how long does an individual live on earth, on average? something between 30 - 70 years, right? so, if they answer "I only stayed for a day or half a day on earth"...this means one day in akhira equals a lifetime on earth...this means a day in Aqhira is much longer doesn't it?
Reply

emem.masorong
09-06-2018, 09:39 AM
Whatever Allah wills. Sorry. Astaghfirullah. This is kinda long. Insha'Allah. Let us depend on Allah for everything. He loves us. He is a loving God. Let our worries be known to him, so he can turn it into serenity and bliss. Serenity meaning, the state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled. Bliss meaning perfect happiness; great joy. I have achieved a portion of this in life, and I thank Allah. My faith is stronger than ever before right now. I am limp as of the moment. Long story. Maybe a book will revolve around the earth someday. Thank you so much again. If we think Allah will forgive us and make our paths easy to Jannah, then he can. He does what he wills, right? He always says that on the Quran. He can do anything. That's what we think of God. I think he can forgive us even if we are rich believers, and if he would detain us for being rich, while waiting because the poor believers went in first, he would detain us in a way that we are in peace and with all good things. I think he can even make us in Jannah first even if we are rich Muslims if we just ask of him. Even once. And the rest of our lives we we're our obedient and kind selves. Whatever. As long as we desire it and we have asked for it and we repent and worship Allah up until our death. I learned how to pray in bed. When I grow old, if I still can, I will pray in bed. I am limp now, right? Insha'Allah, I will stand back up again. Thank you for reading.
Reply

Zzz_
09-08-2018, 06:49 PM
Do not compare the akhira with today in time frames. Allah tells us a 1000 of years is like 1 day to Him. That is just to illustrate to us some concept of time in cosmic views. This is to show you how 10 years for humans is like 100 years for a dog. This does not mean it will be 40 minutes for us in the hereafter. The time flow for us will be either the same or different, we do not know because it hasn't been told us. it maybe that the time there will be same to us as here, the numbers are given to us in the hadith to illustrate how long we will have to wait. The 500 years of the poor vs the rich is also the same indication of how long we have to wait. This is the because the poor have less to give account for so their judgement will end quickly whereas the rich have a lot to account for so all that accountability will take time.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2016, 04:16 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2013, 10:32 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 06:19 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 12:32 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 07:03 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!