/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wudu and complications

dqnet
09-20-2018, 10:09 AM
Hi,

I'm new here so please feel free to edit the question or move it to the correct forum if necessary.

I currently have a little toe nail fungal infection and as Wudu requires one should wash he's feet entirely including in between toes this would put me at risk of transferring the infection to my hands or worsening the condition on my feet. Would it be possible to just do massah (wiping) of my feet with water rather then placing my entire foot in the sink and washing in-between the toes?

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abrahamic_seek
09-20-2018, 11:16 AM
Allah did not make religion hard for us. If you are not able to do wudu you should just do as much as you can.

dqnet
09-20-2018, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abrahamic_seek
Allah did not make religion hard for us. If you are not able to do wudu you should just do as much as you can.
Thank you for your response. I am just worried Allah might not be accepting my prayers because of this...? :(

AabiruSabeel
09-20-2018, 07:34 PM
:salam:

You can do masah over the infected toes or wrap the infected toes in a bandage and perform masah over the bandage. Rest of the feet should be washed.

Please see: http://www.inter-islam.org/Actions/P...g%20to%20Wudhu

19. If removal of the ointment from a sore or wound is harmful then it will not be necessary to remove it. If pouring water over the affected part is also harmful then merely make Masah of the affected part.
20. If the wound or sore is bandaged and one will experience difficulty in opening and tying the bandage for Masah purpose, or Masah on the affected part will be harmful, then Masah should be made over the bandage.
21. If this difficulty does not exist, then it will be necessary to open the bandage, plaster, etc., and make Masah on the affected part.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
dqnet
09-20-2018, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
:salam:

You can do masah over the infected toes or wrap the infected toes in a bandage and perform masah over the bandage. Rest of the feet should be washed.

Please see: http://www.inter-islam.org/Actions/P...g%20to%20Wudhu

19. If removal of the ointment from a sore or wound is harmful then it will not be necessary to remove it. If pouring water over the affected part is also harmful then merely make Masah of the affected part.
20. If the wound or sore is bandaged and one will experience difficulty in opening and tying the bandage for Masah purpose, or Masah on the affected part will be harmful, then Masah should be made over the bandage.
21. If this difficulty does not exist, then it will be necessary to open the bandage, plaster, etc., and make Masah on the affected part.

Thank you so so much for this information. Barak allah feek. Thank you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.