/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Converting soon

newmuslim
10-06-2018, 02:27 AM
Hi everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself and am hoping to meet other people who have been through a similar process, or any others who may actually be doing so right now!

I'm a white male in my mid 20s with a good job and inshallah a good future.

I'm with a muslim girl, I love and her and began reading the Quran and learning more about the ways of Islam, what it means to be a muslim and how to be one. It really spoke to me, like I'd been waiting for this all my life. I suddenly felt connected and am now at a point where I know this is what I want to do. In addition I'll also be able to marry the girl I love.

I want to keep learning more, because I want to be the best I possibly can be.

I've set up a meeting with my local Imam to discuss the conversion as well as the process at the end of October, I then hope to set up a second appointment to actually convert at some time in November.

I'm excited for what I feel like is going to be a new beginning, a cleansing so to speak.

Are there many others who have been through or who are going through the same process?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mandy
10-07-2018, 12:40 PM
Congratulation on allowing Allah to light your heart. I am certain your fiancee is extremely happy that you decided to do the right thing.

azc
10-07-2018, 01:05 PM
Congratulations bro...!

Feel free to ask any question regarding Islam.

newmuslim
10-07-2018, 07:42 PM
Salaam alaikum brothers and sisters

Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to being in and around the community and getting to know everyone. I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes on.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.