/* */

PDA

View Full Version : current issues in education

MazharShafiq
10-18-2018, 06:13 PM
A number of issues and controversies now face educators and communities. Among them are discipline and security; race, ethnicity, and equality; mainstreaming; and public versus private education.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
10-19-2018, 10:25 AM
In the past : When a student violated the school rule and got punished by teacher, the student parent would punish him too and apologized to the teacher.

Nowadays : When a student violates the school rule and get punished by teacher, the student parent will defend him, then sue the teacher, or if not, hit the teacher.

This is what happen in my country. And I guess, it happen in some other countries too.

MazharShafiq
10-19-2018, 03:38 PM
Yes, and that is why we do not have real knowledge in our society. People read, ignorant. First of all, the teacher will be literature, you will be surrounded by a jewelery of education, but there is no use to lift the load of books.

Abdul Rasheed
01-04-2019, 04:37 AM
That is the problem of modernization

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
01-04-2019, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
In the past : When a student violated the school rule and got punished by teacher, the student parent would punish him too and apologized to the teacher.Nowadays : When a student violates the school rule and get punished by teacher, the student parent will defend him, then sue the teacher, or if not, hit the teacher. This is what happen in my country. And I guess, it happen in some other countries too.
I think now physical punishment is unlawful in most of the countries

ardianto
01-04-2019, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
I think now physical punishment is unlawful in most of the countries
What unlawful is violent punishment like beating. But other punishments like stand on front of classroom or run around school yard are still acceptable.

azc
01-04-2019, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
What unlawful is violent punishment like beating. But other punishments like stand on front of classroom or run around school yard are still acceptable.
Even this soft punishment is disliked by parents, especially in those schools where children come from rich families.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.