/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I can’t learn Arabic on my own



سلم
10-21-2018, 11:06 AM
I feel I was born to learn Arabic and study Di’n, however, there isn’t a avenue for the where I live. I can not afford a teacher and I need a partner, fellow student and mentor. What should I do? I am practically doomed.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
10-21-2018, 12:50 PM
Asalamualykum

Don't worry. You can use the internet to teach yourself. Watch this brother on youtube who teaches tajweed and the recitation of arabic. He also explains the rules and goes at a slow pace. I hope this helps. Insha Allah.

Reply

Silas
10-21-2018, 02:18 PM
There are also private tutors that will teach you online

one site you can use is www.italki.com

it is pretty inexpensive when compared to formal language courses. There are also youtube videos, free materials online, etc.

Arabic is pretty challenging for a western person, in that it is not an Indo-European language. I am learning Farsi right now with my son, and the hardest part is the alphabet and some of subtle differences between sounds (the Persian alphabet has 32 characters). But the language is Indo-European and follows similar grammatical forms to European languages (those languages also have borrowings from Farsi). Take the word "naval" for instance, which comes from the word for ship in Farsi ناو‎ (nâv).

The grammar of Farsi is actually much easier than German! It is genderless and a lot more consistent. German can have some wild syntactical constructions, and memorizing all the gender forms is hard (but pronunciation and speaking is pretty easy).

Once I get a handle on Farsi, I will tackle Arabic. It is a life goal to become proficient in Arabic.

Not many people know, but English has gender as well. Take the word "Aviator" for instance. A female Aviator is an Aviatrix. A ship is referred to with the pronoun "she" or "her" But English is a strange language because of all the influence of other languages upon it.
Reply

anatolian
10-21-2018, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silas

Once I get a handle on Farsi, I will tackle Arabic. It is a life goal to become proficient in Arabic.
Why didnt you start from Arabic?

format_quote Originally Posted by Silas
Not many people know, but English has gender as well. Take the word "Aviator" for instance. A female Aviator is an Aviatrix. A ship is referred to with the pronoun "she" or "her" But English is a strange language because of all the influence of other languages upon it.
Thats a French loanword "Aviator/Aviatrix". Apart from the French loanwords English doesnt have so much gender seperation. There are only He/She His/Her etc..
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Nitro Zeus
10-21-2018, 04:23 PM
My friend, what is missing, is your concentration, focus, ambition and strong will to study anything. If you put in your mind “I want to be smart, intelligent like never before” then if God wishes, the Arabic language is imprinted in your mind, and you’ll finally be able to write and speak in Arabic, and you have to be very patient. No one can put something your head, you have to work for it. Maybe I can be your teacher if you want to and I can teach you, in the easy way I can.
Reply

BeTheChange
10-21-2018, 04:55 PM
No i would not recommend an adult male teaching an adult female. This goes against the sharia.
Reply

Nitro Zeus
10-21-2018, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
No i would not recommend an adult male teaching an adult female. This goes against the sharia.
From where or how this topic brought?? Who said, “I want a male teacher to teach a female”??
Reply

BeTheChange
10-21-2018, 05:08 PM
You might have skipped the gender part of a person's profile but the thread creator is a sister. You suggested you could help and teach. I am sure with very good intentions but this goes against our teachings as we are all aware insha Allah.
Reply

Nitro Zeus
10-21-2018, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
You might have skipped the gender part of a person's profile but the thread creator is a sister. You suggested you could help and teach. I am sure with very good intentions but this goes against our teachings as we are all aware insha Allah.
Pfff. I wish I could have chance to teach somebody. Well of course, my only intention is to be a very good teacher, and others something good. This is what I wish to do.
Reply

BeTheChange
10-21-2018, 05:23 PM
Insha Allah. Teach young children in your community. Spread the word and I'm sure people will come.
Reply

azc
10-21-2018, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silas
There are also private tutors that will teach you online

one site you can use is www.italki.com

it is pretty inexpensive when compared to formal language courses. There are also youtube videos, free materials online, etc.

Arabic is pretty challenging for a western person, in that it is not an Indo-European language. I am learning Farsi right now with my son, and the hardest part is the alphabet and some of subtle differences between sounds (the Persian alphabet has 32 characters). But the language is Indo-European and follows similar grammatical forms to European languages (those languages also have borrowings from Farsi). Take the word "naval" for instance, which comes from the word for ship in Farsi ناو‎ (nâv).

The grammar of Farsi is actually much easier than German! It is genderless and a lot more consistent. German can have some wild syntactical constructions, and memorizing all the gender forms is hard (but pronunciation and speaking is pretty easy).

Once I get a handle on Farsi, I will tackle Arabic. It is a life goal to become proficient in Arabic.

Not many people know, but English has gender as well. Take the word "Aviator" for instance. A female Aviator is an Aviatrix. A ship is referred to with the pronoun "she" or "her" But English is a strange language because of all the influence of other languages upon it.
Urdu could be learnt instead of farsi
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Pfff. I wish I could have chance to teach somebody. Well of course, my only intention is to be a very good teacher, and others something good. This is what I wish to do.
Why don't you start a thread to teach the users who are interested in learning Arabic.
Reply

Nitro Zeus
10-21-2018, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Urdu could be learnt instead of farsi

Why don't you start a thread to teach the users who are interested in learning Arabic.
Good idea[emoji3][emoji3]
Reply

سلم
10-21-2018, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
My friend, what is missing, is your concentration, focus, ambition and strong will to study anything. If you put in your mind “I want to be smart, intelligent like never before” then if God wishes, the Arabic language is imprinted in your mind, and you’ll finally be able to write and speak in Arabic, and you have to be very patient. No one can put something your head, you have to work for it. Maybe I can be your teacher if you want to and I can teach you, in the easy way I can.
Yes, I’ll love to learn from you inshallah
Reply

Alamgir
10-21-2018, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by سلم
Yes, I’ll love to learn from you inshallah
Asalamu Alaikum

He's a male, find another woman to teach you.
Reply

سلم
10-21-2018, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Khorasani
Asalamu Alaikum

He's a male, find another woman to teach you.
Wa alaykum salam,

Ok.
Reply

azc
10-22-2018, 01:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Khorasani
Asalamu AlaikumHe's a male, find another woman to teach you.
Why she can't learn Arabic on the board, plz explain.
Reply

Nitro Zeus
10-22-2018, 08:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Why she can't learn Arabic on the board, plz explain.
Because, it is commanded in Quran for us to do. So, we got to respect that command.
Reply

azc
10-22-2018, 08:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Because, it is commanded in Quran for us to do. So, we got to respect that command.
Really...? Plz quote the verse...Thanks
Reply

Nitro Zeus
10-22-2018, 08:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Really...? Plz quote the verse...Thanks
Hopefully I’m correct, let me check and see if I’m right or not.
Reply

azc
10-22-2018, 09:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Hopefully I’m correct, let me check and see if I’m right or not.
also check it plz:

''Apart from well-known figures, including Ayesha Siddiqa ra, the daughter of Abu Bakr ra, the grandeur of forgotten scholars is rekindled in the work. Fatima Al Batayahiyyah, an 8th century scholar taught the celebrated work of Sahih al Bukhari in Damascus. She was known as one of the greatest scholars of that period, demonstrated especially during the Hajj when leading male scholars of the day flocked from afar to hear her speak in person. A beautiful picture is painted of her in an Islam that has been long forgotten – a distinguished, elderly woman teaching her students for days on end in the Prophet’s mosque itself. Whenever she tired, she would rest her head on the Prophet’s grave and continue to teach her students as the hours wore on. A n y w o m a n visiting the Prophet’s mosque now will know the frustration of not even being able to see the blessed Prophet’s grave, let alone rest their head on its side wall.

Another, Zainab bint Kamal, taught more than 400 books of Hadith in the 12th century. Her “camel loads” of texts attracted camel loads of students. She was a natural teacher, exhibiting exceptional patience which won the hearts of those she taught. With such a towering intellectual reputation, her gender was no obstacle to her teaching in some of the most prestigious academic institutes in Damascus.
Then there was Fatimah bint Muhammad al Samarqandi, a jurist who advised her more famous husband on how to issue his fatwas. And Umm al-Darda, who as a young woman, used to sit with male scholars in the mosque.''..........

https://www.islamicity.org/9835/the-...0%2C1736643343
Reply

Nitro Zeus
10-22-2018, 09:21 AM
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/8303...ehind-a-screen voila! Here is the answer.

Reply

Nitro Zeus
10-22-2018, 09:22 AM
Anyway, why it is so bad if a man teach a woman?
Reply

azc
10-22-2018, 10:13 AM
this is the point which you missed completely, when you are teaching someone through internet and even you don't know about your student which country she resides in, how it can be against the teachings of Islam....? Teaching behind the curtain is allowed but teaching through internet is prohibited...?
Reply

ZeeshanParvez
10-22-2018, 01:03 PM
Well, truth is you can. With a teacher it will be much easier. No doubt. There is a reason why teachers have such a high status. When you self-study long enough you come to realize how helpful teachers can be.

However, you need to change your mindset. If you keep telling yourself that you cannot, then you will not. When we tell ourselves something it becomes a part of our sub-conscious. Our actions are primarily governed by our sub-conscious.

The first step, hence, is to convince yourself you can, and keep telling yourself that when the going gets a bit tough because that will happen. Tell yourselves others have done it and I, too, by the Grace, Will, and Permission of Allaah will do it.

Will it be hard. Yes. And there is a good chance you will get rewarded more than the one who had a teacher to help him along the way as you struggled to learn and sweat for the sake of Allaah more than he did. And isn't that the real reason we do anything? We do not learn Arabic for the sake of Arabic. We learn it so we can study the Qur'aan and Sunnah and please Allaah. If there are more obstacles in the way, there is more reward. Hence, you do not miss out on anything but gain.

Go slow but be persistent. There is lots of material you can use. Make use of it.

Do not burn yourself out.

Keep it slow.

You will enjoy the experience and be rewarded. Best of all you will be implementing the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam)


Narrated `Aisha:

Allah's Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said, "Do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately and know that your deeds will not make you enter Paradise, and that the most beloved deed to Allah is the most regular and constant even if it were little."

[Sahiih al-Bukhaari Hadiith No. 6464]
Reply

Alamgir
10-22-2018, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Why she can't learn Arabic on the board, plz explain.
I thought she was referring to some kind of 1 to 1 lesson, my apologies.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

Online Quran Academy in Pakistan | HeartHijab.com | Hijab Sale | Pound Shop | UK Wholesale Certified Face Masks, Hand Sanitiser & PPE | British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!