/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arabic Stories

OLFocus
12-20-2018, 05:10 PM
A-Salamo Alaykum

I want to share with you my course "Improve your arabic by stories" I need your feedback about this course, it's a paid course but you can enjoy the first three stories since they are free your remarks can help me to correct my mistakes and improve the course.

Course link : https://www.udemy.com/improve-your-a...arn/v4/content

For people who are interested i will offer coupon codes to have all the course for free but in counter part i want them to evaluate my course, i do not ask for a fake review, just an honest review of the course
If anyone is interested you can contact me

what you will have for free is:
21 arabic stories
With each story the mp3 file, PDF, vocabulary and presentation
You can download all the course

The offer is limited, so don't hesitate to contact me if you are interested

Thank you very much in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
OLFocus
01-15-2019, 07:54 PM
Update

Udemy Course link: https://www.udemy.com/improve-your-a...earn-language/

I just shared the first three stories on Youtube

The First Story

The Second Story

The Third Story

OLFocus
01-22-2019, 09:41 AM
Resources to download with each Story (the story file PDF, audio file mp3, the story presentation PDF, the vocabulary file PDF)

Story 1
https://www.mediafire.com/file/k841z...urces.rar/file

Story 2
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bdsck...urces.rar/file

Story 3
https://www.mediafire.com/file/mbau5...urces.rar/file

Learn with pleasure,
Omar

*charisma*
01-22-2019, 10:23 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Mashallah what a beautiful idea. May allah grant you success for your efforts.

I haven't downloaded the files since they are .rar so this may not be a fair assessment for the videos if there is supplementation, but you read very quickly, so for someone who is a beginner in hearing the language and/or reading it, it can sound overwhelming. But again this is just my initial reaction to the videos you've posted only.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
OLFocus
01-22-2019, 10:40 AM
Wa alaykum A-Salaam wa Rahmatu Allahi wa Barakatuh

Thank you very much for your feedback, I appreciate it and you're right, in fact during my preparation of this work I didn't target the beginner level, these stories are intended for those who have an intermediate level to help them improve their pronunciation.

I'm going to try in shaa allah to realize another slower version like that maybe this work will help more people

If you have other remarks don't hesitate to present them
Thank you in advance :)

*charisma*
01-22-2019, 11:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by OLFocus
Thank you very much for your feedback, I appreciate it and you're right, in fact during my preparation of this work I didn't target the beginner level, these stories are intended for those who have an intermediate level to help them improve their pronunciation.
Even for intermediate I believe it is a bit fast because to learn pronunciation you need a bit of time to process how the letters make up the words (enunciation). Native speakers tend to slur their letters or use their own dialect. For example, while you're reading the title in the first video, the word أكثر instead of akthar sounds like aksar. That could be because of some static in the mic or your dialect.

OLFocus
01-22-2019, 11:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Even for intermediate I believe it is a bit fast because to learn pronunciation you need a bit of time to process how the letters make up the words (enunciation). Native speakers tend to slur their letters or use their own dialect. For example, while you're reading the title in the first video, the word أكثر instead of akthar sounds like aksar. That could be because of some static in the mic or your dialect.
I'm a little surprised because I thought my reading was at an ideal speed for people with an intermediate level
But the points of view differs
Ok I will reconsider this point seriously and I hope to have more feedback from people who are enrolled in this course on Udemy, until now I have had only one review and it's positive, he didn't claim regarding this point
Again thank you for your remark that will allow me to improve this course surely

Regarding the letter ث, it's not because of my dialect, Alhamdu li Allah Moroccans are among the best who have a very good pronunciation of the Arabic language, and that is why they often win in the Quran competitions but as you said the quality of the mic influences a little especially with the letters a little special as the letter ث

*charisma*
01-22-2019, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OLFocus
I'm a little surprised because I thought my reading was at an ideal speed for people with an intermediate level
But the points of view differs
Ok I will reconsider this point seriously and I hope to have more feedback from people who are enrolled in this course on Udemy, until now I have had only one review and it's positive, he didn't claim regarding this point
Again thank you for your remark that will allow me to improve this course surely

Regarding the letter ث, it's not because of my dialect, Alhamdu li Allah Moroccans are among the best who have a very good pronunciation of the Arabic language, and that is why they often win in the Quran competitions but as you said the quality of the mic influences a little especially with the letters a little special as the letter ث
Yea like I said I'm just judging on the video. If there is supplemental things like the pdfs you mentioned, it may be a lot easier to follow. But yea better to get more opinions since I'm only one person. I'm sorry if I made it seem to critical I was just trying to give feedback from my perspective only on the video aspect. There's nothing wrong with your pronunciation btw, I was just saying there is some static from the mic when you speak. I just asked someone else about the same thing and they said they hear it correctly and not the way I'm hearing it.

OLFocus
01-23-2019, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Yea like I said I'm just judging on the video. If there is supplemental things like the pdfs you mentioned, it may be a lot easier to follow. But yea better to get more opinions since I'm only one person. I'm sorry if I made it seem to critical I was just trying to give feedback from my perspective only on the video aspect. There's nothing wrong with your pronunciation btw, I was just saying there is some static from the mic when you speak. I just asked someone else about the same thing and they said they hear it correctly and not the way I'm hearing it.
Why are you apologizing? It's a useful discussion and your point of view will surely help me to note points on which I need to focus and improve more.
Thank you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.