/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reputation System on Islamic Board (IB)

Saira Khan
03-14-2019, 09:24 PM
السلام علیکم

I don't understand the "Reputation" system here on this forum. If it is in the hands of others to 'grant' me reputation, then human is basically "Miser" :hmm:
Can anybody here explain it to me please? The normal procedure should be based on one's own struggle rather than looking after others' generosities.
Or may be I 'm not getting it how it works.
Looking forward to listen from Old members please.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdurRahman.
03-14-2019, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saira Khan
السلام علیکم

I don't understand the "Reputation" system here on this forum. If it is in the hands of others to 'grant' me reputation, then human is basically "Miser" :hmm:
Can anybody here explain it to me please? The normal procedure should be based on one's own struggle rather than looking after others' generosities.
Lol don't worry about that sis, it's the 'rep' from Allah that we should look forward to

Saira Khan
03-14-2019, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
Lol don't worry about that sis, it's the 'rep' from Allah that we should look forward to
Of course what counts is the "rep" frorm Allah Subhanohu wa Taa'a, I 'm just curious about the system on this forum and others, like me, might be wondering.
JazakAllah, stay blessed.

AbdurRahman.
03-14-2019, 09:48 PM
Of course what counts is the "rep" frorm Allah Subhanohu wa Taa'a, I 'm just curious about the system on this forum and others, like me, might be wondering.
JazakAllah, stay blessed.
The system is basically, others will rep you if they like your post, however from my experience, you can get 'likes' often but reputation points are given only if you do a really good exceptional post. So don't count on the rep points reaching the sky anytime soon :). I don't :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Saira Khan
03-15-2019, 11:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
So don't count on the rep points reaching the sky anytime soon . I don't
Keeping bundles with yourself and saying this is very easy for you of course lol
Well I think generous people are always there, you see? :nervous:

Supernova
03-17-2019, 01:18 PM
Aslaamualaykum:
@Saira Khan asked a very good question and I still have not seen an answer from Admin/Mods.

Awaiting....:threadapp

DanEdge
03-17-2019, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Aslaamualaykum:
@Saira Khan asked a very good question and I still have not seen an answer from Admin/Mods.

Awaiting....:threadapp
Did you try posting your question to the Helpdesk section? Threads there are sent directly to mods and function like a private message. I have sent numerous questions to mods using Helpdesk over the years, and I always get a reply.

*charisma*
03-17-2019, 03:36 PM
السلام علیکم

I don't understand the "Reputation" system here on this forum. If it is in the hands of others to 'grant' me reputation, then human is basically "Miser"
Walaikum Assalam

It's just a system that's been here from the beginning. We didn't have a "like" system previously. Before the "like" system, I guess it encouraged members to make posts based on substance and quality rather than spamming or going off-topic, or to give feedback just in general without really needing to private message or go off topic. It also helps increase activity on the forum since I believe every post you make yields a rep point, for example. At one point rep points were deducted when a member requested a username change. Members have the ability to do this on their own now though. From a mod's perspective, seeing your rep points balance gives me an idea of your duration here at a glance.

azc
03-17-2019, 04:38 PM
:wasalam:

* when someone likes your post 1 rep point is increased in your 'reputation'.

* if someone gives 'reputation comments' then he uses his 'Rep Power' and rep points are increased in your 'reputation' equal to his 'rep power'

* When your 'reputation' reaches 1000 points then your 'rep power' is increased by 1 point.
(observed it)

* When your posts count reaches the mark of 1000 then your 'rep power' is increased too.

* and after every 2 months this 'rep power' is increased by 1 point

AbdurRahman.
03-17-2019, 04:58 PM
Keeping bundles with yourself and saying this is very easy for you of course lol
Well I think generous people are always there, you see? :nervous:
Lol, but try not to be caught up in desiring likes and reps as that taints our pure intention with riya.

Saira Khan
03-17-2019, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Walaikum Assalam

It's just a system that's been here from the beginning. We didn't have a "like" system previously. Before the "like" system, I guess it encouraged members to make posts based on substance and quality rather than spamming or going off-topic, or to give feedback just in general without really needing to private message or go off topic. It also helps increase activity on the forum since I believe every post you make yields a rep point, for example. At one point rep points were deducted when a member requested a username change. Members have the ability to do this on their own now though. From a mod's perspective, seeing your rep points balance gives me an idea of your duration here at a glance.
JazakiaAllah for explaining the system, I hope other newbies will benefit from the answer too.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by azc
:wasalam:

* when someone likes your post 1 rep point is increased in your 'reputation'.

* if someone gives 'reputation comments' then he uses his 'Rep Power' and rep points are increased in your 'reputation' equal to his 'rep power'

* When your 'reputation' reaches 1000 points then your 'rep power' is increased by 1 point.
(observed it)

* When your posts count reaches the mark of 1000 then your 'rep power' is increased too.

* and after every 2 months this 'rep power' is increased by 1 point
Very well explained. JazakaAllah, thanks.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.