/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fasting times are 4.55 - 6.35pm but...

sovietchild
05-05-2019, 09:47 PM
My fasting hours for today are from 4 55 am to 6 35 pm but the sun rise is at 6 08 am. How come we have to start fasting from 5am and not 6am? I thought we should fasting from sun rise to sun set.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
05-05-2019, 11:05 PM
:salam:

Fasting is from dawn to sunset, not from sunrise to sunset. Fajr time starts at dawn and ends at sunrise. Fasting starts at Fajr azan and ends at Maghrib azan.

IslamLife00
05-07-2019, 03:00 AM
I know some muslims start fasting at sunrise, because fasting ends at sunset so they think it makes sense that fasting starts at sunrise.

But as far as I know fasting in Islam is always from Fajr to Maghrib.

So using your example, Fajr starts at 4:55 AM, that's when your fasting starts for that day.

M.I.A.
05-07-2019, 03:20 AM
… and eat and drink until the white thread (of light) becomes distinct to you from the black thread (night/darkness) of the dawn. Then strictly observe the fast until/to the night...

Qur'an (2:187)

I dont know Arabic so forgive my thickness.

Maybe it depends on if you are able to make the distinction, through experience or location.

These days we all live by clocks so it's different..

But yeah feel free to contribute.

It's not really an argument either way, for me anyway... I see no practical difference between the two..

So you have to know and explain why it bothers you.

Try googling prayer timetables for uae or something..

I did.

They close fast about 10 min before prayer, although it may be an inaccurate timetable.

In the end, I feel it's more important to actually observe the fast properly.

To keep your intent clean and try to overcome our nafs.

Allah swt accepts whatever is acceptable to him.

...people are always in dispute though.. in the end we all still have to live in the world.

So now you can move onto who started fasting when..

People dont know what day it is never mind what time it is...

I'm kidding but only just.

Worth a watch..

https://youtu.be/FMJH-cvjehY

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.