/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Missed 2 days of worth of prayer and fasting ramadan. How to make it up?

Stoic
05-26-2019, 10:34 PM
Sallams

So becuz i had surgery I needed to rest and couldnt wash my face completely. And doing so I didn't pray for 2 full days except 1 fajr prayer the first day. So i know how to make up the fast but how do i make up missed prayers? Do I just pray asr like 3 times in a row and the same for maghrib and so on? Or do I pick a time like after certain prayer and pray it all in a row???

Jzk

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jameelash
05-27-2019, 01:59 AM
Pray the missed prayers according go to ur comfort.main. thing is u should make up the missed prayers.weather u pray alternatively or at a stretch doesn't count.one should make up the missed prayers .thatsall.
Islam is made easy.

Stoic
05-30-2019, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jameelash
Pray the missed prayers according go to ur comfort.main. thing is u should make up the missed prayers.weather u pray alternatively or at a stretch doesn't count.one should make up the missed prayers .thatsall.
Islam is made easy.
Not sure wut ur saying there about stretch doesn't count. Can someone with knowledge enlighten me more plz??

Hamza Asadullah
05-31-2019, 12:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Stoic
Sallams

So becuz i had surgery I needed to rest and couldnt wash my face completely. And doing so I didn't pray for 2 full days except 1 fajr prayer the first day. So i know how to make up the fast but how do i make up missed prayers? Do I just pray asr like 3 times in a row and the same for maghrib and so on? Or do I pick a time like after certain prayer and pray it all in a row???

Jzk
Asalaamu Alaikum,

My brother in future if you are not able to do Wudu with water then you can make Tayammum (dry wudu) until you are able to do proper wudu with water.

With regards to making up fast and prayers then the prayers must be made up as soon as is reasonably possible in accordance with your physical capability especially as you may still be in a weakened state due to your operation.

Due to your missed prayers being only 2 days then you can easily make plan to make up these 10 prayers quite quickly like for example pray a Fard Qadha prayer before each Fard prayers over the next two days or pray a bulk of prayers together at a time in the day when you have the most energy for example after you first awaken and have freshened up etc.

You can make up the fasts anytime. Even straight after Eid as our bodies are still accustomed to fasting so it will be easier. I hope that helped.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ahmed.
05-31-2019, 11:27 AM
As long as you avoid the sunrise and sunset and zenith (10 minutes before zuhr time starts and up to zuhr time) times then you can make up these prayers any other time. And as stated above, you should make them up as soon as possible

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by jameelash
Islam is made easy.
Yes Sister Islam is made easy, however this particular ruling is based on a hadith that says 'if you've missed a prayer, pray it when you remember it', therefore they should be done as soon as physically possible. Even in one go if one has the energy and time

Abz2000
05-31-2019, 09:37 PM
Some people have missed weeks or months or years of prayers out of heedlessness - i've found that the easiest method with mountains of prayers (once you have regained mental and physical energy) is to make up a dhuhr prayer with the fard dhuhr, and so on with each prayer - leaving aside nawafil prayers until you feel you've fulfilled the faraa-idh, that way - even if you die before completion, your intention to correct past prayers even if you had lived another hundred years -is taken into account.

Be careful of making past prayers too much of a burden to the extent that it negatively affects the current prayers facing you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.