/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to memorize long chapters easy and in short time?

Nitro Zeus
06-08-2019, 12:16 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

I want to study chapter the Cow whic has two hundred and something verses and is the biggest one in Quran, I want to memorize whole Quran in few months, so is it possible to be acccomplished?

I wonder, how much it took for you to memorize Al Baqara?

How did the Prophet memorized whole Quran?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
06-08-2019, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Assalamu alaikum,

I want to study chapter the Cow whic has two hundred and something verses and is the biggest one in Quran, I want to memorize whole Quran in few months, so is it possible to be acccomplished?

I wonder, how much it took for you to memorize Al Baqara?

How did the Prophet memorized whole Quran?
Assalamu Alaikum.

Please look through the following thread which has many tips on help and advice on memorisation of the Quran:

10 Reasons We Should Memorise the Qur'an

Nitro Zeus
06-08-2019, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Assalamu Alaikum.

Please look through the following thread which has many tips on hit to memorize the Quran:

10 Reasons We Should Memorise the Qur'an
Thanks

Physicist
06-09-2019, 05:11 PM
The one thing I will suggest for:
You need to learn arabic for this.
It is much easier (and of course better) to memorize if you understand the meaning.

The first problem is you need to familiarize yourself with arabic alphabet. Not only to know alif, ba, ta,...
But become swift in recognizing entire words. Also important is proper pronunciation, tajweed rules.

So, first thing to do (and I do so myself) to learn to recite Quran, without memorizing.

Second thing, I plan for the future: to start translating small suras word by word and learning arabic grammars, so that you'll be able to pray like talking, not automatically repeating with vague understanding.

The effort put into translating and understanding grammars will help to memorize better.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nitro Zeus
06-09-2019, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Physicist
The one thing I will suggest for:
You need to learn arabic for this.
It is much easier (and of course better) to memorize if you understand the meaning.

The first problem is you need to familiarize yourself with arabic alphabet. Not only to know alif, ba, ta,...
But become swift in recognizing entire words. Also important is proper pronunciation, tajweed rules.

So, first thing to do (and I do so myself) to learn to recite Quran, without memorizing.

Second thing, I plan for the future: to start translating small suras word by word and learning arabic grammars, so that you'll be able to pray like talking, not automatically repeating with vague understanding.

The effort put into translating and understanding grammars will help to memorize better.
I use Muslim Pro

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.